wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

@Highhead

Thanks for the relpy,unfortunatley i am using psychos wounding system so team switch is disabled.And i have searched high and low for a respawn script for single player but there is none that i can find.Thats why i asked about Alives ability to impliment it.

I know Alives focus is multi player so i wont expect it to appear any time soon but never mind,cheers for yet another update and more map compatability is always awesome ;)

I simply play my Alive missions in multiplayer on my own, if I want to play them as single player. That way you can have respawn. ;)

Brilliant... Thanks ALiVE team... We can get onto the war room now :-)

SJ

This video is mainly intended to be viewed by the ALiVE Dev Team to hopefully help them understand the issues I've been having with my mission. I apologize for the long duration of the video and understand if you guys (ALiVE Devs) put off watching the video for a while until you have the time or patience to watch.

If they watch it at all, they're saints. This mod has a bugtracker. Catalog each bug separately and link to the relevant part of the video.

Pronk

Concerning attacks on the base.. have you tried making the blacklist bigger?

Yeah, but I don't want to blacklist LoyManara (Village located just North-East of the base) or the village to the direct East. :\

Yeah, but I don't want to blacklist LoyManara (Village located just North-East of the base) or the village to the direct East. :\

Phronk, I'm watching your video, can you please PM me you skype details, and I can take a closer look at your mission.

It looks like both issues are related. Can you check this happens with No Profiles module placed at all to confirm whether it is indeed that module causing the issue? If my assumption proves correct we can log a bug report and look into it.

Incidentally, for all those asking about adding custom inits to Mil/Civ Placement and Profiled units, I have added a script snippet to the Wiki that might be a useful workaround. Please note that you will still need to know how to make a simple add gear script (or whatever it is you want to do) - there's plenty of guides out there for this kind of thing.

I had hoped the update would solve this issue. But unfortunately it hasn't.

I had hoped the update would solve this issue. But unfortunately it hasn't.

Pergor the issue is on the bug tracker, we will look at it for the next release, there was not time to look into it before the Zeus release.

Pergor the issue is on the bug tracker, we will look at it for the next release, there was not time to look into it before the Zeus release.

I know, I've upvoted it already. I just wanted to share my personal opinion on this matter - and to rub it in a little bit so it won't be forgotten. ;) Still great update though. :)

Can anyone tell me easyway what arma2net do for ALIVE? Ofcourse i already check here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131325-Arma2NET

But i don't single get it because i'm so retard so i can't even what is meaning netframework or C++.

Arma2net allows the game to communicate with DLL files to do things outside the game. In the case of ALiVE Arma2net is used to store statistics on our cloud DB server which is then used on the WarRoom website.

Arma2net allows the game to communicate with DLL files to do things outside the game. In the case of ALiVE Arma2net is used to store statistics on our cloud DB server which is then used on the WarRoom website.

Thank you sir.

The new version have suicide bombers?

Congratulations on the release!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

The new version have suicide bombers?

Congratulations on the release!

Indeed bombers have been since the release before last!

Oh wow, I'm like waiting for it from a month ahahahh!

is there a debug console command i can enter to see if i'm getting the external DB connection, cause according to warroom there's no connection (no stats on group profile).

G

is there a debug console command i can enter to see if i'm getting the external DB connection, cause according to warroom there's no connection (no stats on group profile).

G

Look in alive.log and arma2net.log

Make sure your server IP matches what is in WarRoom.

Also ensure you follow the server setup instructions carefully (in the WarRoom server settings page)

well i thought i had, I'll search for the .log files, not sure they;'re there though. They're definitely not in the root of the server, where should they appear? I am slightly restricted on the server, can only see the install directory.

it all seems to be installed correctly. the only thing that i am flaky on is the host name, i assume this is the server name as it appears in the game browser?

G

A question to the technical plans, i dont know if im 100% right here for it. Will it be somehow possible to do : zeus, headless client and alive? :P

Im a big fan of HC, we play often with little teams spread over the map and they reveal a lot of ai contact.

Thanks for the headsup about the new version highhead :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (wolffy.au) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Actually I can't find the suicide bombers, could you help me?

Actually I can't find the suicide bombers, could you help me?

I believe the suicide bombers start out as normal civilians in the mix with other civilians, spawned by the Ambient Civilians Placement module. If their hostility towards BLUFOR (for example) is set to "Extreme" then it is likely for a civilian to become agitated with BLUFOR's presence in their town/village. The agitation eventually evolves into a hatred, which can potentially lead to them going home to get a gun or strap on a suicide vest to harass BLUFOR. This takes a while though.

A question to the technical plans, i dont know if im 100% right here for it. Will it be somehow possible to do : zeus, headless client and alive? :P

Im a big fan of HC, we play often with little teams spread over the map and they reveal a lot of ai contact.

You can spawn CQB on HC already (optonally), and zeus is not altered on our side at all, so if it provides HC spawns, you of course can make use of it!

edit: you mean HC in terms of Headless Client or High Command? lol

Edited by highhead