wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

With the upcoming 1.16 patch do you guys plan on releasing an update after this patch? Any news about features or modules?

Yeah so quick question. I have an AI playable group in an MP mission. I am using the profile and have it set to only profile synced units. I start the game, HC module works and I have 2 AI groups under my command. Once I move 1 klick out which is what my profiler is set to I lose the AI groups no matter what. Any way to turn off the profiler for friendly units, or playableunits or to specifically set up a group that cant be controlled by the Profile system? It seems the only profile synced units doesnt really work, I tried the opposite setting on the profiler too, no dice.

Yeah turns out deleting the profile mod then running then re-adding it worked. So there might be an issue with adding groups after the profile module has been put down. So my issue is resolved but a couple other things I'd like to see. Could you add the transport unload option to combat support helo's cause its the only support helo's I can get to work with AI groups, they will get in just fine but I cant get them out. Perhaps an option in creation to sync combat support units to profiler. I havent tested sincing with them yet, perhaps that works. If it does then belay my last request. Just the transport unload stuff.

Edited by WildFire6

Yeah so quick question. I have an AI playable group in an MP mission. I am using the profile and have it set to only profile synced units. I start the game, HC module works and I have 2 AI groups under my command. Once I move 1 klick out which is what my profiler is set to I lose the AI groups no matter what. Any way to turn off the profiler for friendly units, or playableunits or to specifically set up a group that cant be controlled by the Profile system? It seems the only profile synced units doesnt really work, I tried the opposite setting on the profiler too, no dice.

Yeah turns out deleting the profile mod then running then re-adding it worked. So there might be an issue with adding groups after the profile module has been put down. So my issue is resolved but a couple other things I'd like to see. Could you add the transport unload option to combat support helo's cause its the only support helo's I can get to work with AI groups, they will get in just fine but I cant get them out. Perhaps an option in creation to sync combat support units to profiler. I havent tested sincing with them yet, perhaps that works. If it does then belay my last request. Just the transport unload stuff.

You may have had an old version of the module with simply wrong default settings on it! Glad you could resolve it!

For the groups to disembark, if they are under your control, wont the 1-4-1 (think its that, not sure) disembark command work? It does fine for me with my AI. Or do you do it differently, anything im missing?

"If only you guys could provide a dynamic forum friendly ALiVE sig where I can show my operational data..."

Ok... so here it is :) ignore these pretty poor stats!

Edited by Tupolov

You may have had an old version of the module with simply wrong default settings on it! Glad you could resolve it!

For the groups to disembark, if they are under your control, wont the 1-4-1 (think its that, not sure) disembark command work? It does fine for me with my AI. Or do you do it differently, anything im missing?

Im using the High Command module so I can give them waypoints. You give them a get in waypoint near the chopper and they will get in it. Getting them to debark is pretty much impossible. You have to force them out of vehicles using transport unload, same as A2. Its always been the crutch of the HC module. I tried to use a separate squad that was just a ghost hawk and I figured I could control both the infantry squad and the ghosthawk, but unfortunately you cant get two squads to get in the same vehicle at the same time. Even if the first squad is just the pilots/gunners.

I don't want to pester everyone about dev branch, but could you please remove the version warning popup for dev branch?

The mod works wonderfully on dev branch, and BIS have stopped modifying Altis with every build now.

The warning popup causes loading hangups that require alt-tab to fix, and can also freeze the game, forcing manual shutdown.

Friznit2... I can confirm that there is no longer an issue when the profiles module is removed from the mission (using the configuration that was broken); i.e., when disconnecting and the reconnecting to the dedicated server, the AI units in the group are still there.

Please let me know if you'd like me to test something else.

Thanks!

Hi mate!

You are not forgotten! Thanks for help testing it and I believe we could narrow down the cause. Expect a fix in the next release (wont make it in the upcoming, as its too close ;) I made a ticket too, http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74372)

thanks again

REQUEST: Please add a parameter for the Military Civilian Placement module or OPCOM module to exclude strategic points within a marker, so that the faction(s) tied to that OPCOM module (in this case, the insurgents AKA "caf_ag_me_t") do not recognize the areas within the marker as a strategic point or some kind of point of interest. In my Takistan Insurgency mission, insurgents do not spawn in the blacklisted marker covering the South airbase, but still recognize it as a point of interest or strategic point I think and like to do large assaults at the very beginning of the mission. This can be very disruptive for players trying to get their gear in the base at the mission start.

Thank you!

I don't want to pester everyone about dev branch, but could you please remove the version warning popup for dev branch?

The mod works wonderfully on dev branch, and BIS have stopped modifying Altis with every build now.

The warning popup causes loading hangups that require alt-tab to fix, and can also freeze the game, forcing manual shutdown.

You shall be heard, we disabled the pop up and only do an RPT output for a try. Never had a freeze or issue on joing though, still should be gone with the upcoming update :bounce3:

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Im using the High Command module so I can give them waypoints. You give them a get in waypoint near the chopper and they will get in it. Getting them to debark is pretty much impossible. You have to force them out of vehicles using transport unload, same as A2. Its always been the crutch of the HC module. I tried to use a separate squad that was just a ghost hawk and I figured I could control both the infantry squad and the ghosthawk, but unfortunately you cant get two squads to get in the same vehicle at the same time. Even if the first squad is just the pilots/gunners.

ah ok, will whip the testers so they have something to do!

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

REQUEST: Please add a parameter for the Military Civilian Placement module or OPCOM module to exclude strategic points within a marker, so that the faction(s) tied to that OPCOM module (in this case, the insurgents AKA "caf_ag_me_t") do not recognize the areas within the marker as a strategic point or some kind of point of interest. In my Takistan Insurgency mission, insurgents do not spawn in the blacklisted marker covering the South airbase, but still recognize it as a point of interest or strategic point I think and like to do large assaults at the very beginning of the mission. This can be very disruptive for players trying to get their gear in the base at the mission start.

Thank you!

Is this also happening with only one CIV Placement and one OPCOM?

Will definatly have a look at it!

So if I'm using multispawn.... how do I get the base spawn to work?

Right now the only respawn I can do is on the group?

What am I doing wrong if anything?

How are we supposed to call in laser-guided artillery if we have to use that GUI instead of pointing the designator in real time?

@highhead: I'm almost certain it's the Military Civilian Placement module (I'm only using two modules -- the CQB and Mil Civ Placement modules) that is causing the units to assault the blacklisted area. Maybe I'll make a video to help demonstrate what I'm talking about.

How are we supposed to call in laser-guided artillery if we have to use that GUI instead of pointing the designator in real time?

Simply tell them to fire the rounds, close interface and point your laserdesignator at the target :)

Alive team

Quick question,is multi spawn compatible for a single player playthrough or soley multi player? If so how do i go about using it?

Thanks

Since yesterday, I cant connect with database.

Is there any trouble?

11:42:07 ALiVE Global INIT

11:42:07 ALiVE Global Init Timer Started

11:42:07 ALiVE [m_0|1] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT

11:42:07 ALiVE-0 CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE, DISABLING DATA MODULE

11:42:08 "Operation: ALiVE | Iraní invasion"

11:42:08 ALiVE [m_0|1] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.725006

11:42:08 "::VAS:: Building VAS Configs"

11:42:08 0:04:11.582 (0) [x\alive\addons\sys_data\fnc_data.sqf:70] -ERROR- ["#CBA_HASH#",["class","super","databaseName","source","storeType","key"],["ALIVE_fnc_Data","ALIVE_fnc_baseClassHash","arma3live","CouchDB",false,"ERROR"],any]

11:42:08 ["#CBA_HASH#",["class","super","databaseName","source","storeType","key"],["ALIVE_fnc_Data","ALIVE_fnc_baseClassHash","arma3live","CouchDB",false,"ERROR"],any] write operation refused as module is disabled.

11:42:08 Error in expression <ync] ] call ALIVE_fnc_Data;

Edited by arjona00

All right now

Is there any trouble?

11:42:08 0:04:11.582 (0) [x\alive\addons\sys_data\fnc_data.sqf:70] -ERROR- ["#CBA_HASH#",["class","super","databaseName","source","storeType","key"],["ALIVE_fnc_Data","ALIVE_fnc_baseClassHash","arma3live","CouchDB",false,"ERROR"],any]

11:42:08 ["#CBA_HASH#",["class","super","databaseName","source","storeType","key"],["ALIVE_fnc_Data","ALIVE_fnc_baseClassHash","arma3live","CouchDB",false,"ERROR"],any] write operation refused as module is disabled.

Alive team

Quick question,is multi spawn compatible for a single player playthrough or soley multi player? If so how do i go about using it?

Thanks

I didnt play much with SP respawn, im not quite sure how it should even work. It always ends mission for me, or team switch (switch to units in your group on death)! I know there are SP respawn and revive scripts out there, but havent tried them, you may want to look up some of them and just try them! ALiVE Multispawn Module is definatly intended for MP use and wont do much in SP (actually, if you teamswitch to another member in after death in SP, it will let you choose the unit to spawn on)!

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

@highhead: I'm almost certain it's the Military Civilian Placement module (I'm only using two modules -- the CQB and Mil Civ Placement modules) that is causing the units to assault the blacklisted area. Maybe I'll make a video to help demonstrate what I'm talking about.

phronk, thanks! good catch, defo on our list then!

OPCOM should of course exclude blacklisted areas!

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

So if I'm using multispawn.... how do I get the base spawn to work?

Right now the only respawn I can do is on the group?

What am I doing wrong if anything?

You will get a Demo mission (Divide & Rule) with upcoming release where exactly this is covered. Its using base respawn with BIS default respawn modules, including mobile respawns) - its pretty cool, but it doesnt use the multispawn module at all!

Simply tell them to fire the rounds, close interface and point your laserdesignator at the target :)

That's what I thought. But the round hit unerringly at the map-click point.

That's what I thought. But the round hit unerringly at the map-click point.

We have the same issue with laser guided rounds, we tried aiming before calling arty, aimaing after, but nothing. We also noticed that if we are a good 5 or 6Km from the arty (or further), the rounds will never come, we see that the arty recieved the order, sends confirmation of the fire mission, splash, rounds complete, and then nothing.

Is there any trouble?

Most likely your IP doesn't match what's in ALiVE WarRoom. Check alive.log to see what the plugin is reporting.

Also, there is a bug there which we shall fix. It should not error if you can't connect to the DB.

yaT923QqaWdy53Vc7Y7fSw51GNXD15VGGmpUpvlcYxY32Gwm3_-tTWji8k8SccpTk9NSRVkS_egZn2obtwGO68vGS4yBJDnR53osWkazThm6mHBvkLfWBDB2

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent campaign for ArmA3

We are really glad to release to you - the best community on earth - the newest version of ALiVE!

Version number is now 0.6.2 and is considered as a service release,

additionally we managed to implement cool new features but also fixed many issues.

ZEUS COMPATIBILITY

Get a grip and watch the full scale of ALiVE and edit as the game master!

Gunny posted it already, but for the sake of completeness of the releasepost i put it here again.

ALiVE Plugin Updates - Server Admins

We have made several key updates to our Server side plugin (ALiVEPlugIn.DLL) to improve performance, robustness and some new features.

The new features include support for future implementation of Real Weather in game. This will allow mission makers to apply the actual weather conditions for a specified location at that exact month/day/hour. We also added the ability to place your alive.cfg file in Arma 3 root directory, this is suitable for groups that may not have access to the game server's file system. Finally, we pushed some fixes for sys_statistics that will reduce bogus events hitting the DB and improve the capturing of player data on disconnect. Server Admins should ensure they use the the Server Exit button (in Main Menu) to close ALiVE mission sessions. Server Admins should ensure players disconnect using the Player Exit button.

It's important Server Admins copy the new DLL to the appropriate location on their server (as specified in the ALiVE WarRoom server settings page).

Compiled highlights in this release:

* ALiVE ZEUS compatibility enabled

* Updates and Bugfixes to ALiVE WarRoom.

- Added more maps

- Web AAR functionality

- Kill trajectory lines

- Timeline player

* Added functionality to read alive.cfg from A3 Root folder

* Fixes Fixes Fixes - of course we tried to adress as much feedback and as many tracker tickets as possible!

Full Changelog (safe to click this time...):

[ALL] Updated version to 0.6.2.1404101 (public stable)

Readable changelog:

[MAIN] Updated indexes and clusters to work with new stable!

[MAIN] Enabled ZEUS for ALiVE autodiscover functionality!

[MAIN] Implemented Save OPCOM into "Save Server" button (the button will be enabled soon).

[MAIN] Changed BUS to BIS_fnc_MP to prevent script error with ALIVE_fnc_player_onPlayerDisconnected on player exit

[MAIN] ALiVE_fnc_BUS, function-names can be transferred as strings

[MAIN] Added ALiVE_fnc_factionSide, returns side from given faction (read from config).

- Changed ALiVE_fnc_randomgroup to use correct side.

- Fix for Military Convoy module spawns as enemy (http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74307)

[DEMOS] Added ZEUS to the ALiVE Foursome, and ALiVE Divide & Rule missions

[VARIOUS] Implemented Pause System

[VARIOUS] BIS_fnc_findSafepos passed a default spawn pos to prevent or at least minimize [0,0,0] spawns

[ADMINACTIONS/SYS PROFILE/MIL CQB] Added button to create profiles from units to admin actions, works nice with Zeus!

[ADDINS] Added exception handling for HTTP 404 status codes in ALiVEPlugIn

[ADDINS] Added ALiVEPlugIn now supports placing the alive.cfg file into the Arma 3 root directory.

[ADDINS] Updated ALIVEPLugIn to support real weather

[MIL_OPCOM] Finished persistence basics for OPCOM!

[MIL_OPCOM] Implemented [_OPCOM, "removeObjective",_id] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM according to http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74214

[MIL_CONVOYS] Fixed script error havoc if no roads were found, refactored way of selecting near roads

[AMBCIV_PLACEMENT] Fix for hanging on loading screen if civilian population module wasnt placed but amb civ placement module was (warning displayed now)

[MIL/CIV/AMBCIV PLACEMENT] Fixes & Changes:

- Fixed bad race condition that sometimes occurred on first server start! Important fix!

- Disabled Version Pop up windows, and only warn in .rpt to lessen frustration with DEV builds

[sYS_PROFILE] Trimmed data that gets sent to couchDB on saving process down, to improve performance and loading times

[sYS_WEATHER] Added preparations for ALiVE Real Weather (WIP) and fixed some configs/variable issues.

[sYS_WEATHER] Added override values: clear, overcast, stormy and foggy.

- Tweaked fog values.

- Added GillSan font.

[sUP_COMBAT SUPPORT] Fixes for issues:

- Combat Support Transport Circle Function http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74271

- Insertion Script Tweak http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74274

[sYS_STATISTICS] Fixes:

- error when player was hit

- reporting expecting integer instead of string for alive_sys_statistics_eventlevel

- Fix for vehicles placed by BIS_fnc_findsafepos can sometimes be placed at 0,0,0 and destroyed.

- Fix for False vehicle destruction recorded

- _shotsfired script error on player exit if no shots were fired yet

Download: Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com or PlayWithSix

Note to server admins: We fixed some errors in the .dll - best is to grab the new @ArmA2NET folder from your ALiVE WarRoom

Disclaimer

We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

Thanks To

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with feedback and bug reports.

Our dedicated testing team - thank you so much - keep up the hard work ripping apart our codez!

Stay tuned, comrades!

ALiVE WarRoom Updates

As we continue to develop features for the War Room, we are pleased to advise a couple of great new additions to the Operations Maps.

We have added an event timeline, where you can step through each event, as it happened at a given time within your mission.

Using the timeline you can even play back the whole operation, seeing who killed what, where and when.

BFPQIVU.jpg

Supersize me!

In addition to the event timeline, we have also added your kill information.

Clicking on a "KILL" Event will now show where the Player\AI was when they got the kill,

where the killed Player\AI was when they were killed and will be indicated by an animated kill line.

At present we have only created the in game maps in the War Room for some of the biggest used AO's, we will be adding them all in due course.

400px-arma3_zeus_logo.png

@Highhead

Thanks for the relpy,unfortunatley i am using psychos wounding system so team switch is disabled.And i have searched high and low for a respawn script for single player but there is none that i can find.Thats why i asked about Alives ability to impliment it.

I know Alives focus is multi player so i wont expect it to appear any time soon but never mind,cheers for yet another update and more map compatability is always awesome ;)