wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

hi pfrommer!

see here! http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

some useful stuff here

//Will be true if there are virutalized AI groups of side EAST (string) within 50 mtrs of the triggers position EAST (string)

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

//Will be true if there are virutalized vehicles of side EAST (string) within 500 mtrs of trigger position EAST (string)

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

Example:

Place this line of code in the condition field of an end mission (f.e. lose) trigger, optionally with timeout.

It will fire when there are virtualized groups in the selected area (for a certain amount of time).

It doesnt matter if they are spawned or not.

Thanks, highhead!

I believe the Wiki is the only place I did not scan... sorry for not looking there first.

In combination with the method you provided, I added a check into the trigger for editor units of the opposite faction as well (in case there is a mix or other units happened to come in to support):

((count ([getposATL triggerProfileUnits, 500, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) < 1) && (({side _x == opfor} count nearestObjects [getposATL triggerProfileUnits,["Man","Car","Tank"],500]) < 1);

Again, thanks for the direction.

Currently using the "Military Placement" linked with "OPCOM" which should spawn enemies at TAOR markers, how exactly does this work?

I see this in the RPT file while no foot soldiers spawn, flying around the map I only see vehicles.

Convoy faction {faction here} is waiting for secured OPCOM positions...

I really love the idea of this awesome mod but I'm getting really big frame drops when I use it. I've tried removing all other mods but still no luck.

If I use a simple setup like 2 opcoms, 2 mil placement (200 light infantry each side), Profile with a radius of 900 and 30 profiles used, garbage collector,

my frames drop to 5-12 and awful hitching and brief freezes happen constantly. The A.I is the culprit but the radius isn't that massive. :(

All maps are pretty much the same deal.

Anyone else had this problem?

cpu i7 950 and GPU gtx560ti (Old stuff I know but it runs Arma just fine normally)

I really love the idea of this awesome mod but I'm getting really big frame drops when I use it. I've tried removing all other mods but still no luck.

If I use a simple setup like 2 opcoms, 2 mil placement (200 light infantry each side), Profile with a radius of 900 and 30 profiles used, garbage collector,

my frames drop to 5-12 and awful hitching and brief freezes happen constantly. The A.I is the culprit but the radius isn't that massive. :(

All maps are pretty much the same deal.

Anyone else had this problem?

cpu i7 950 and GPU gtx560ti (Old stuff I know but it runs Arma just fine normally)

In the debug, could you run

count allUnits;

Target is between 100-150 active AI.

Currently using the "Military Placement" linked with "OPCOM" which should spawn enemies at TAOR markers, how exactly does this work?

I see this in the RPT file while no foot soldiers spawn, flying around the map I only see vehicles.

Convoy faction {faction here} is waiting for secured OPCOM positions...

MP spawns enemies within the boundaries of TAOR markers, not at the marker itself. The marker area needs to cover at least one military establishment for the units to spawn at. OPCOM is the commander that tells them to move around and attack objectives, it doesn't actually spawn anything. Convoys is the convoys module. They move between objectives captured by that faction.

Please see the tutorial videos and read the Wiki for more info.

In the debug, could you run

count allUnits;

Target is between 100-150 active AI.

Thats a handy little bit of code. So yeah even with 20 AI I was getting shocking frame rates.

But I think I've sorted it.... I'm not sure how exactly though.

First thing was delete and reinstall the mod. (I had it in documents/arma3 instead of programs -not sure it that makes a difference) Then I made a fresh scene (I was cutting and pasting from a scene I'd made with the previous version of the mod) Perhaps there's a compatiblity problem between versions? But anyway now I'm getting 25 to 50 fps with the occasional brief freeze and hitching but nothing like before. 60ish AI present (anything like 100 and it's down to 15fps but it's time for a new cpu anyway)

But old scenes made with the previous version are an fps nightmare....unless I just screwed the scene up which is highly likely :)

Hello all,

I post this because I have some difficulties with a convoy module.

The convoy is sync with an OPCOM (AAF faction) but this one is attacking the players in the same faction, even if it is a fresh game with no AI tk.

On the opposite side (Bluefor) I have the exact same config but no problem at all (Bluefor players can approach the convoy with no trouble).

Is someone faced the same issue with Independant?

thx

Edited by sebj
new title

Thats a handy little bit of code. So yeah even with 20 AI I was getting shocking frame rates.

But I think I've sorted it.... I'm not sure how exactly though.

First thing was delete and reinstall the mod. (I had it in documents/arma3 instead of programs -not sure it that makes a difference) Then I made a fresh scene (I was cutting and pasting from a scene I'd made with the previous version of the mod) Perhaps there's a compatiblity problem between versions? But anyway now I'm getting 25 to 50 fps with the occasional brief freeze and hitching but nothing like before. 60ish AI present (anything like 100 and it's down to 15fps but it's time for a new cpu anyway)

But old scenes made with the previous version are an fps nightmare....unless I just screwed the scene up which is highly likely :)

Hi mate!

Happy you could resolve it!

That was the best approach, and i would have exactly suggested what you did (reinstall, start with a fresh mission to check the overall functionality)!

Please be aware, that there have been reported FPS drops with latest A3 stable, so you may just have some patience until Dwarden of BIS convinced his mates to focus on performance fixes, i know that he is on that already.

Depending on your hardware you may want to adjust your mssion so it performs smoothly - we all know that spawned AI has a hard impact on performance in RV engine, esp. vehicles, so try to lower the force strength on the MIL MP modules, use Light Infantry better than Armored. Teleport into a dense zone and see how many AI spawn, try to tweak it to a limit that fits your needs - thats just A3, no wizardy possible here. Also I always suggest playing on a local dedicated server, also as a SP, that improves performance heavily clientside! And dont forget to defrag your HDDs and if possible even use a SSD, so the models load quicker!

enjoy the game!

Edited by highhead

MP spawns enemies within the boundaries of TAOR markers, not at the marker itself. The marker area needs to cover at least one military establishment for the units to spawn at. OPCOM is the commander that tells them to move around and attack objectives, it doesn't actually spawn anything. Convoys is the convoys module. They move between objectives captured by that faction.

Please see the tutorial videos and read the Wiki for more info.

Make sure to use rectangular markers. I had problems with elipses if the map is big like N'Ziwasogo.

I do have a problem where convoys get attacked by the same side? I've also seen unreachable destinations on islands and such.

Can you make a noob version? Its all too complicated for me :p I was so happy with the secops modul in arma2...

I can't see this question at Alive homepage so i made here

Are clients need to download ALIVE to play which has ALIVE module? i'm meaning only playing not editing or editor

Yes, all clients need the ALiVE mod to play.

Thanks for fast reply :D

Can you make a noob version? Its all too complicated for me :p I was so happy with the secops modul in arma2...

Well what are you trying to do? on the base level you need

1.)Requires Alive module

2.) Profile Module

3.) Garbage Collector (helps it run smoothly)

4.) An OPCOM (set for whatever OPFOR forces you want)

5.) A civilian placement module or military placement module (set to the same faction as the OPCOM)

6.) Sync the placement module to the opcom

thats about it for basics, then theres all the awesome extras such as CQB, convoy, and civilian palcement

Hello all,

I post this because I have some difficulties with a convoy module.

The convoy is sync with an OPCOM (AAF faction) but this one is attacking the players in the same faction, even if it is a fresh game with no AI tk.

On the opposite side (Bluefor) I have the exact same config but no problem at all (Bluefor players can approach the convoy with no trouble).

Is someone faced the same issue with Independant?

thx

hey mate!

we are going to look into that!

thanks for joining in

Well what are you trying to do? on the base level you need

1.)Requires Alive module

2.) Profile Module

3.) Garbage Collector (helps it run smoothly)

4.) An OPCOM (set for whatever OPFOR forces you want)

5.) A civilian placement module or military placement module (set to the same faction as the OPCOM)

6.) Sync the placement module to the opcom

thats about it for basics, then theres all the awesome extras such as CQB, convoy, and civilian palcement

many thanks I will give it a try :)

Am i the only person who can't join Alive Insurgency? i mean i can get in to the server but loading screen is not going anywhere so what i can only see is load screen

I got tmr.acc and vas.sqf bug tap pop up and that's it

Make sure to use rectangular markers. I had problems with elipses if the map is big like N'Ziwasogo.

I do have a problem where convoys get attacked by the same side? I've also seen unreachable destinations on islands and such.

Elipses are okay. you just can't make ovals. If you use an elipses you must use matching variables 100X100, 200X200, 125X125 ext...

I tried to create an "infinite" CAS training mission with Alive and took the MP version of Foursome as a base, especially for the new Jets (and the Hornet mod). However when I fly over the red squares shown on the map not a single enemy spawns. Only when I land somewhere and exit the vehicle I get quickly surrounded by enemies. I tried to fly slowly over the landscape (~120 km/h) and even then nothing spawned.

This happens only when flying jets though, enemies spawn when flying helicopters or driving vehicles.

Not really sure why this happens. Having such a CAS training mission would be pretty cool as it would create very unpredictable scenarios. Anyone else experienced this? I didn't change anything in the Foursome mission other than changing infantry and vehicle respawns for myself and the jets when they get destroyed.

I tried to create an "infinite" CAS training mission with Alive and took the MP version of Foursome as a base, especially for the new Jets (and the Hornet mod). However when I fly over the red squares shown on the map not a single enemy spawns. Only when I land somewhere and exit the vehicle I get quickly surrounded by enemies. I tried to fly slowly over the landscape (~120 km/h) and even then nothing spawned.

This happens only when flying jets though, enemies spawn when flying helicopters or driving vehicles.

Not really sure why this happens. Having such a CAS training mission would be pretty cool as it would create very unpredictable scenarios. Anyone else experienced this? I didn't change anything in the Foursome mission other than changing infantry and vehicle respawns for myself and the jets when they get destroyed.

By default, profile module does not spawn anything when in plane. Check its settings.

Am I correct in thinking that if I create a marker (for example called M1), and then set the "TAOR Marker" field to M1 for a Military Placement module, it will place all units created by that module within the M1 marker when the mission starts? Currently when I do this, they spawn inside the marker, but a lot of the units also spawn outside the marker. Has anyone else experience something like this?

It won't put them all together, but the focus of the spawn will be the marker (or actually the Indexed items i.e. bunkers etc within the marker)

Say a base for instance will get units inside it then the surrounding territory in a radius will also be populated.

You can adjust the strength of the spawn in the placement module if you want more or less. The more you have, the larger the spawn area...

:)

By default, profile module does not spawn anything when in plane. Check its settings.

Heh, that was it, thanks!

My previous issue has been resolved, now I'm just wondering; How are dead enemies handled? If I set my markers to 400 - 400 - 200 = 1000 then 1000 enemies will spawn, but when they are all killed off, will that be the end of it or will they respawn and come back for more?

Also is there a way with the ALiVE mod itself to limit the amount of enemies that spawn? Right now I can have 200 people spawn which is quite smooth, however when they're spawning it will freeze the game temporarily for a couple of seconds and then unfreeze once they're spawned.

Both of your questions are answered in the wiki. First one: use the Military Logistics module if you want them to reinforce. Second one: use the profile limiter.