wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Highly highly recommend you follow Gunny's advice and park in a town and watch the RPT...it's VERY creepy when a civ starts paying attention to you.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

morning!

indeed, i pissed myself when they came up my direction!

PS: logitrust, is this a new errror you are getting? when?

Edited by highhead

Seen approx 10fps reduction on the dedicated with adding Civvies and setting the CQB ai to spawn on the server

I can hear the Devs now... "...hmmm, told you so..." :)

Because of ai routine management I want to control the spawn of AI to fight against, i.e. using bCombat.

SO

Bright idea time.

Can we not Spawn CIVVIES on JIP instead ???? There isn't an option at the moment but that would make a good difference I think ?

SJ

Actually it was Goodson's idea.. not mine :)

Done - feature request raised..

SJ

spawn CQB on HC is also an option

Yeah - not done the HC yet - will save that for later in the week I think :)

Be very interested to see how it handles ALiVE

SJ

@ALiVE team: Just wanted to report back. After making sure that I am running the latest version of ALiVE v0.6.0.1403221, I can happily say that I am seeing my Headless Client handling CQB now. Thank you guys so much for all of your hard work!

Respectfully,

Zlin

ALiVE is sadly way too heavy on performances. There's no way to make big missions and play properly with it.

Once again, BIS is probably more to blame than you guys, but the conclusion is still the same, maintaining a framerate superior to 20-25 FPS at all time with ALiVE running ( CQB modules and such ) is close to impossible.

I'm giving up for now. Back to basics.

ALiVE is sadly way too heavy on performances. There's no way to make big missions and play properly with it.

Once again, BIS is probably more to blame than you guys, but the conclusion is still the same, maintaining a framerate superior to 20-25 FPS at all time with ALiVE running ( CQB modules and such ) is close to impossible.

I think you are doing something wrong or trying to do way to much (or possibly too many/conflicting mods). I don't have an amazing computer by any means (AMD Fx8350, 8 gb DDR3, GTX 660) and I host the missions I create on my own computer while I play with friends and I get decent frame rates (depending on the map and settings I get usually between 30-45 FPS). If you have too many profiled units or crank up the CQB module too high, have too many civilians spawning, or have too many ambient vehicles you'll probably run into FPS issues. I also use quite a few mods/scripts implemented into my missions.

One of the beautiful things about ALIVE is it's limiting of resources, in your mission you'll notice (with debug on in profiles) that you will see units which are light colours (virtual space) and dark ones (actually spawned in). Those in the virtual space help limit resource consumption beautifully but if you crank everything up and you have tonne of spawned in AI then you will get performance issues as so much is happening. Also if you have CQB cranked then when you reach your spawn distance then your computer is always calculating which buildings will spawn what, and when, and decide on path finding than that can get very resource intensive.

Hope this helps! Plus it also doesn't help that this game is very poorly optimized with CPU/GPU use

Edited by Opendome

wow - PLEASE PLEASE come and play on our server - it's modded and still managed +35FPS on Takistan With upwards of 2000 Opfor unit son the map circa 50 Static units placed etc etc.

On SYRIA | ALiVE we get up to 60 FPS depending on your setup and again that's with the ENTIRE MAP covered with CQB, Civilians etc..

You're doing something wrong if this isn't your experience...

SJ

I think you are doing something wrong or trying to do way to much (or possibly too many/conflicting mods). I don't have an amazing computer by any means (AMD Fx8350, 8 gb DDR3, GTX 660) and I host the missions I create on my own computer while I play with friends and I get decent frame rates (depending on the map and settings I get usually between 30-45 FPS). If you have too many profiled units or crank up the CQB module too high, have too many civilians spawning, or have too many ambient vehicles you'll probably run into FPS issues. I also use quite a few mods/scripts implemented into my missions.

One of the beautiful things about ALIVE is it's limiting of resources, in your mission you'll notice (with debug on in profiles) that you will see units which are light colours (virtual space) and dark ones (actually spawned in). Those in the virtual space help limit resource consumption beautifully but if you crank everything up and you have tonne of spawned in AI then you will get performance issues as so much is happening. Also if you have CQB cranked then when you reach your spawn distance then your computer is always calculating which buildings will spawn what, and when, and decide on path finding than that can get very resource intensive.

Hope this helps! Plus it also doesn't help that this game is very poorly optimized with CPU/GPU use

Performances in ArmA is a touchy subjet and i don't want to pollute this thread with hardware analysis and that kind of things.

I did some testing with a plain vanilla game ( only CBA and ALiVE running ) on two scenarios ( with almost the same amount of AI in both cases ), and i noticed a decrease of about 10 FPS average ( which is absolutely gigantic in ArmA, where every frame count ) when running the ALiVE version of the scenario.

Again, i don't know what could be the culprint and i'm not blaming anything nor anyone, but in the mighty quest of frames, Sir 10 FPS decrease is not welcome to the party.

( My current specs, for the record : 3770K 4.5, 32GB DDR3, 690 GTX )

it's modded and still managed +35FPS on Takistan With upwards of 2000 Opfor unit son the map circa 50 Static units placed etc etc.

If you could try this on Altis or Chernarus it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your answer. Yes i'm aware of the abominable optimization of this game, that's why i'm constantly aware of my framerate.

Edited by Drakenof

I agree with Opendome, possibly trying to do way to much or not setup correct. We had a great weekend with ALiVE, and once we got the headless client set up was even better.

Running Altis with custom mission tasks, 3 factions fighting it out, support module, convoy module, CQB module and Civilian modules all placed and the lowest reported frame rate was from one of our young members who only has a laptop. He was getting 20 - 25 frames after we got the headless client sorted and I was getting 30 - 40 fps The only issue was how long it takes to initialise the map but since running a persistent mission I found is not an issue to overall game play.

Performances in ArmA is a touchy subjet and i don't want to pollute this thread with hardware analysis and that kind of things.

I did some testing with a plain vanilla game ( only CBA and ALiVE running ) on two scenarios ( with almost the same amount of AI in both cases ), and i noticed a decrease of about 10 FPS average ( which is absolutely gigantic in ArmA, where every frame count ) when running the ALiVE version of the scenario.

Again, i don't know what could be the culprint and i'm not blaming anything nor anyone, but in the mighty quest of frames, Sir 10 FPS decrease is not welcome to the party.

( My current specs, for the record : 3770K 4.5, 32GB DDR3, 690 GTX )

Are you talking about server FPS or client FPS? Which modules had you placed down? How were they configured?

Is this dedicated, hosted or SP?

Please send us your mission.sqm so we can check this. Thanks!

how do you use ALiVE? Do I need to make a mission or can I just....use it? (Im a novice at this stuff so please dont berate me, lol)

how do you use ALiVE? Do I need to make a mission or can I just....use it? (Im a novice at this stuff so please dont berate me, lol)

You'll notice in the map editor that there are several ALIVE modules (under modules) and you cna kind of pick, choose, and set what your after. Some required ones are requires ALIVE, and profile system ne of the military placement modules (depends if you want OPFOR spawning in towns/military structures) and syncing that module with a corresponding OPCOM module (acts of the virtual general for those forces). Theres lots of awesome extras though like CQB, Convoys, AI CAS, artillery, and transport support and civilians too!

Or just plop down the Database module, sign up to War Room and become a hero...

Can someone tell me how to turn on/off OPCOM using a simple radio trigger. I need to turn on/off two OPCOMs. Using two radio commands isn't an issue, so whatever works on a one for one is good enough, although tuning both on/off with a single trigger would be optimal.

OK is there a manual to teach me how to use it? Ive been looking around and every place says its been removed or not there

OK is there a manual to teach me how to use it? Ive been looking around and every place says its been removed or not there

I suggest the video tutorials:

If you want a quick start check out octobers quick and dirty insurgency tutorial:

And if you want a more in depth look at all the modules prior to the previous release you can watch my simple mission series:

Plus there are the sample missions you can reverse engineer:

http://alivemod.com/missions

and don't forget the website:

http://alivemod.com/

i suggest the video tutorials:

If you want a quick start check out octobers quick and dirty insurgency tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luz3627vmje

and if you want a more in depth look at all the modules prior to the previous release you can watch my simple mission series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=plcab00es2lila8hznwn3atyvoojetbneu

plus there are the sample missions you can reverse engineer:

http://alivemod.com/missions

and don't forget the website:

http://alivemod.com/

thank you

I'm having some issues with the war room when I click on Connect to game data for one of our members it keeps saying

There was an error connecting to the cloud data store, please try again later.

It only happens for the one member, what can I do? (apart from try later which has been done many times) we have also deleted account and tried again but same message.

I'm having some issues with the war room when I click on Connect to game data for one of our members it keeps saying

There was an error connecting to the cloud data store, please try again later.

It only happens for the one member, what can I do? (apart from try later which has been done many times) we have also deleted account and tried again but same message.

Hi Ritter, hope to have a fix for this issue live later on today.