wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thank you so much, Alive team. Best update ever. Had loads of fun with the new modules on Bystrica.

How on earth are you guys getting the civilian modules to work - I keep getting locked up on the load screen. I have the correct modules etc and have read all the documentation on the wiki etc. Is anyone else having this issue?

Will the Civilian Population module eventually be able to be handled by a HC?

How on earth are you guys getting the civilian modules to work - I keep getting locked up on the load screen. I have the correct modules etc and have read all the documentation on the wiki etc. Is anyone else having this issue?

No issues reported, what modules have you placed?

Arjay will be doing a Tutorial Video over the weekend.

By chance,

can anyone tell me if the new civ features would conflict with tpw mod which adds similar features.Want to keep running his mod too for some of the civilian stuff such as "civ cars" which basically has vehicles spawning near player and driving round the map.

Also i was curious to this...is it safe to assume that the profile system will never allow for advanced waypoint commands? even timed out ones?Will it always be limited to just move/cycle?

Me loves ARJay's videos :)

Having more success now (less time stuck on load screen)....will report more if the issue persists. Thanx.

Is anyone else having trouble getting Aggressor Civilians to work ?

I'm so happy with the newest update, the civilians are really cool. It's a bit weird when I place a circular TAOR marker and it says there's nothing in it, but I place a square one and it's fine. but it works and I'm happy

one thing, I understand how the military convoys work, but is it possible to have civilian traffic between towns and all over? I read that they get in their cars and drive, but I think it would add a really nice touch if you could pass by civilian traffic during a mission, for example

also, how can I place different types of civilians? so far I haven't found a way to change them from the vanilla civilians

finally, I get an error about the current ALiVE version when I preview a mission. it says I have a newer version of the game or something and to contact the server administrator. I'm not sure why this is happening, but everything seems to work fine after that

EDIT: I guess the reason for the error is the game had a small 15 MB update two hours ago

Edited by GDent

Can we get some info on whats to come of the insurgency module?

Insurgents!

Actually no, not yet. It's in the early stages of development. You can probably expect the usual sort of thing though - IEDs, VBIEDs, Terrorist Cells, Suicide Bombers, Civilian Population Reputation etc. It will be closely linked to the Civilian Placement System and Civilian Military Placement modules that we just released.

Edit: thanks Wolffy!

When I use the player persistence module and a person leaves the server and then reconnects later, the player joins the persistent mission but loses all of his gear including his uniform and only has underwear. This only happens when I have the player persistence module on the map. We also use VAS without any issues with losing gear on respawn. Any thoughts?

I'm having trouble getting our dedicated servers running with @Arma2Net;

basically it crashes the server each time on client file transfer - gets about 50% there. Then just dies.

I've tried moving it around the load list to no avail.

@CBA_A3;
@JayArma3Lib;
@ACRE_3CB;
@A3MP;
@Arma2Net;
@Alive;
@caf_ag;
@ASM;
@rds;
@rds_staticw_cag;
@bcombat;
@fa18_a3;
@hiddenidentitypack;
@Kio_Balaclava;
@Kio_L85A2;
@uk_sftg_a3;
@nato_russian_sf_weapons;
@peral_a-10c;
@RH_M4_A3;
@rh_pdw_a3;
@rh_pistol_a3;
@RQ-11_RAVEN_AB_A3;
@rav_lifter_a3;
@stkr_bi;
@xactionui;
@xlib;
@xmedsys;
@evw;
@rds_tank;
@SAA;
@tup;
@hafm_helis;

I have a big problem or just something I'm not doing well, when I try to put the "Middle East - Trebal" module to the "civil-military placement" not only placed sigen the "CSAT" or no time coming out with a kind of convinacion between "CSAT" and "East" add a screenshot so they can help me thanks ...

arma3+2014-03-19+19-23-05-66.jpg

arma3+2014-03-19+19-23-31-69.jpg

Edited by eduardcomando

I'm having trouble getting our dedicated servers running with @Arma2Net;

basically it crashes the server each time on client file transfer - gets about 50% there. Then just dies.

I've tried moving it around the load list to no avail.

@CBA_A3;
@JayArma3Lib;
@ACRE_3CB;
@A3MP;
@Arma2Net;
@Alive;
@caf_ag;
@ASM;
@rds;
@rds_staticw_cag;
@bcombat;
@fa18_a3;
@hiddenidentitypack;
@Kio_Balaclava;
@Kio_L85A2;
@uk_sftg_a3;
@nato_russian_sf_weapons;
@peral_a-10c;
@RH_M4_A3;
@rh_pdw_a3;
@rh_pistol_a3;
@RQ-11_RAVEN_AB_A3;
@rav_lifter_a3;
@stkr_bi;
@xactionui;
@xlib;
@xmedsys;
@evw;
@rds_tank;
@SAA;
@tup;
@hafm_helis;

Serjames, please PM me your skype details, will need to look into this futher

Hate to rehash an earlier post but... I'm running a dedicated server and HC. I have tested my HC with a known good HC mission and can see the HC client functioning properly via Arma Server Monitor and by the AI spawning in the test mission. Now, I set up my HC in a brand new mission the same way it was in the test HC mission, put my required alive modules down, then placed the CQB module and set it to use Headless Client. I start my DS, connect my HC, then joined with my player and go into the map. This time though, I'm noticing the DS instance is running all of the AI and the HC is still not running any of the AI. Does anyone have CQB working with HC? Can anyone please help me with this?

Hate to rehash an earlier post but... I'm running a dedicated server and HC. I have tested my HC with a known good HC mission and can see the HC client functioning properly via Arma Server Monitor and by the AI spawning in the test mission. Now, I set up my HC in a brand new mission the same way it was in the test HC mission, put my required alive modules down, then placed the CQB module and set it to use Headless Client. I start my DS, connect my HC, then joined with my player and go into the map. This time though, I'm noticing the DS instance is running all of the AI and the HC is still not running any of the AI. Does anyone have CQB working with HC? Can anyone please help me with this?

Hi Zlin, HC support appears to not be working on CQB. Apologies for the run around, we only discovered this just now. :(

We are looking to get this fixed in the next major update.

Hi Zlin, HC support appears to not be working on CQB. Apologies for the run around, we only discovered this just now. :(

We are looking to get this fixed in the next major update.

Thank you so much for replying ARJay. No worries, I'll just hold off then. At least I have my HC up and running!

You guys are doing awesome work. Thank you so much.

Respectfully,

Zlin

can anyone tell me if the new civ features would conflict with tpw mod which adds similar features.

You shouldn't use that aspect of tpw then. That means in this special case of tpw, you need to fiddle with his config file. I couldn't convince him that the bad idea to put all different stuff into one pbo was a bad idea.

When I use the player persistence module and a person leaves the server and then reconnects later, the player joins the persistent mission but loses all of his gear including his uniform and only has underwear. This only happens when I have the player persistence module on the map. We also use VAS without any issues with losing gear on respawn. Any thoughts?

Fix inbound!!! Stay tuned

Just a quick question: Is it normal that Alive takes AGES to initialize?

Hey, when I enable this mod and go on singleplayer, the save button in the pause menu is greyed out, so I can never save.

I've looked around in the config files and stuff and also searched online for a solution, but I'm not sure what to really do...

Is this meant to happen or is there a way that I can have saves on and still play the mod.

Thanks for any help!

-Lewis1190

Just a quick question: Is it normal that Alive takes AGES to initialize?

Nope, added in the Civvies by any chance?

What does your RPT say?

I too have noticed very long load times - but I think it's just moved the "map Placement" element to the loading screen as opposed to once the map comes up ?

(got civvies working eventually though !!! )

@Arma2Net is still not working however :(

Hi,

With Military Placement units, it's not enough if you turn debug off in the mil placement module: You also have to turn off debug in profile module.

CQB unit debugging and convoys debugging can be turned on/off as expected, in their module.

Ambient Civilians debugging: You must turn on debugging in "Ambient civilian placement" module. Then it is up to the "civilian polutaion system" module. If you turn on debugging there, units will always be shown. No effect on the setting in the Admin Actions. If not, you can turn it on in Admin actions.

- Why is only civilians debug in Admin Actions?

- I think debug system is confusing and inconsistent

Don't need to say Alive is great and I appreciate your work :D But I think such things lead to ask for unnecessary support...

I hope my observations are correct, if not, tell me.

I too have noticed very long load times - but I think it's just moved the "map Placement" element to the loading screen as opposed to once the map comes up ?

We had to change the way ALiVE Init's as Is changed the old way we used, hopefully we can use that method when BIS resolve it.

However saying that the new method does not make the Init vary long, for instance the Foursome only takes 2-3 minutes.

You can see large init times if you only place one of the two required Civilian Modules, for Civ's you will need them both.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Hi,

With Military Placement units, it's not enough if you turn debug off in the mil placement module: You also have to turn off debug in profile module.

CQB unit debugging and convoys debugging can be turned on/off as expected, in their module.

Ambient Civilians debugging: You must turn on debugging in "Ambient civilian placement" module. Then it is up to the "civilian polutaion system" module. If you turn on debugging there, units will always be shown. No effect on the setting in the Admin Actions. If not, you can turn it on in Admin actions.

- Why is only civilians debug in Admin Actions?

- I think debug system is confusing and inconsistent

Don't need to say Alive is great and I appreciate your work :D But I think such things lead to ask for unnecessary support...

I hope my observations are correct, if not, tell me.

Military Placements and Profiles are 2 different things, the debug on Military Placements will show the actual available Military Objectives on the map, or within your TAOR's.

Profiles is the virtual units.

Same with Civ's, Civ Placement Module Debug is the placement locations, Civ Population is the actual Civ Units.

I think you got confused on what does what.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Are you in our Skype Channel Serjames, probably best if you join and we can assist you getting it working.