wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

War Room is for dedicated servers with static IP only.

Oh. Just a quick question to confirm, is the War Room going to actually work ok for local hosts without dedicated servers etc??

Edit: beaten by the Tup monster.

War Room is for dedicated servers with static IP only.

Well that sucks great big fat monkey balls. We don't have a server. Bugger.

And I'm at work for another 7 hours and my Saturday is full.

My excitement is only contained by these sad facts.

Well done guys.

Well that sucks great big fat monkey balls. We don't have a server. Bugger.

Well you can run a local server (even on the same PC as your client) and get a static IP from your provider.... it's not the best solution but it's do-able

Congrats to the ALiVE Dev team, your hard work and efforts are most appreciated and are being enjoyed!! Excited for future updates :)

Remember when setting up your server on the war-room. DO NOT ADD PORT NUMBER TO THE IP.

Well you can run a local server (even on the same PC as your client) and get a static IP from your provider.... it's not the best solution but it's do-able

What's the significance of a static IP btw? If I were to update the war room server details with the IP each time I launched a server on my desktop, surely that would be sufficient?

Since we don't have the full persistence yet. Am I right in assuming that with the trigger function, I can just start OPCOM, my group can play their session, I can disable OPCOM and we can just leave the server running with all forces in a "pause" and then we can come back for the next session and just unpause???

In theory, yes. I've not actually tested it you but you need to ensure the trigger condition fires serverside - simply using a player present condition might not work as expected. Worst case you could set the trigger to a radio command. I'm sure someone else can come up with a foolproof solution! Note that OPCOM will finish up attacking any currently assigned objectives before stopping though.

Anymore info on the Civ Pop module? I added it to my map but am not seeing any civilians anywhere. I already had all of the required Alive modules on the map from my existing mission.

Anymore info on the Civ Pop module? I added it to my map but am not seeing any civilians anywhere. I already had all of the required Alive modules on the map from my existing mission.

Place the Civilian Population module from ALiVE Systems and the Civilian module from ALiVE Civilians

enjoy

Place the Civilian Population module from ALiVE Systems and the Civilian module from ALiVE Civilians

enjoy

Thank You!!!!

In theory, yes. I've not actually tested it you but you need to ensure the trigger condition fires serverside - simply using a player present condition might not work as expected. Worst case you could set the trigger to a radio command. I'm sure someone else can come up with a foolproof solution! Note that OPCOM will finish up attacking any currently assigned objectives before stopping though.

I had planned on just using a radio trigger since its gonna be a private server. Thank you for the bit about OPCOM finishing its objectives. Pretty important to know.

Does that mean though that OPCOM will attack and continue attacking even if defeated at an objective. So OPCOM assigns a mil base as the objective and sends 2 tanks and some infantry and these guys are beaten, I turn off OPCOM, if the mil base is still assigned will it continue to send waves at it or is it like a "whatever is currently attacking" and that's it?

Hello guys I'm having some problems.

I use ALIVE on Celle map with a marker of 2000, I can spawn an entire battalion without lag.

I cut the modules and paste them on Altis, I can't even spawn 400 units, it's unplayable, like 2fps, any tips?

There are more units on the ground, not from ALIVE, but I set ALIVE to work only for the synced units (one) and anyway I limited the profiler to just 1.

Edited by Antorugby

Hi,

There are 2 ways to add custom objectives to OPCOMs,

- either in editor from mission start (with location game logic synced to the OPCOMs that should know about this location / example usecase: you built a custom FOB in an empty area, and want OPCOMs to attack/defend it)

- or on-the-fly during mission runtime (with scripts, or within a trigger - example usecase: you want OPCOMs only to attack a specific location after some conditions are met, later on in the mission).

On our Wiki you will find script snippets for those usecases. Best is you look at the Scavengers Mission (depbo and open in editor). Its actually pretty simple, you can just use the same code in your triggers/scripts!

Hope it helped!

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

Yo Dome!

AI skill could have an effect, because it sets the skill permanently! You may want to remove that module for a try, actually if you are using 3rd party mods wthat affect AI behaviour I suggest to not use AI Skills as this could potentially interfere due to the skill levels applied on the units!

just give it a shot

Hey bud! How are you doing? Awesome thanks for the help! That makes a lot of sense, I haven't had much time to test it out but I think it has worked!

Thanks again for your help and the AMAZING mod!

Hi thaks for the update, real great with the new civilian module.

I have a problem with playable units, if i as example makes three groups with playable units, and a side respawn. Then if i start the game with 2 players, all playable units in a group without and human leader, gets cached by alive and looses the possibility to be playable, that is alittle annoying, because i want the units to be playable later in the mission. I have changed the setting in the profile system in alive for both settings, but with no effect? any solution for this??

Sorry my bad english... :-)

Getting error message in my Arma2NET.log file...

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain ALiVEPlugIn for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\ALiVEPlugIn\ALiVEPlugIn.dll

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Warn Falling back to the main application domain

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain Arma2Net.Managed for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\ALiVEPlugIn\Arma2Net.Managed.dll

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain Newtonsoft.Json for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\ALiVEPlugIn\Newtonsoft.Json.dll

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain NLog for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\ALiVEPlugIn\NLog.dll

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain BaseFunctionsPlugin for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\BaseFunctionsPlugin\BaseFunctionsPlugin.dll

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain ClipboardPlugin for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\ClipboardPlugin\ClipboardPlugin.dll

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain CommandLinePlugin for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\CommandLinePlugin\CommandLinePlugin.dll

03/20/2014 11:50:33 Error Failed to create addin application domain DateTimePlugin for C:\Stores\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\AddIns\DateTimePlugin\DateTimePlugin.dll

I followed the instructions in the server setup and the server profile is already setup in the Alive War Room. Just can't seem to connect.

Could anyone provide any assistance please?

Hi thaks for the update, real great with the new civilian module.

I have a problem with playable units, if i as example makes three groups with playable units, and a side respawn. Then if i start the game with 2 players, all playable units in a group without and human leader, gets cached by alive and looses the possibility to be playable, that is alittle annoying, because i want the units to be playable later in the mission. I have changed the setting in the profile system in alive for both settings, but with no effect? any solution for this??

Sorry my bad english... :-)

In theory if you set the Profile module to Only Profile Synced Units and don't sync your playable units that should do it.. but you are saying you've tried this and it still profiles the non-players? Do you have disabledAI = 1 in your description.ext ? That will do the trick.

Those failures for arma2net are fine

What does alive/alive.log say in appdata local ?

Those failures for arma2net are fine

What does alive/alive.log say in appdata local ?

3/20/2014 11:09:30 AM: Starting up ALiVE Plugin

3/20/2014 11:09:30 AM: Reading config file: Username: o9ekidyqanuzedu4epalakifucu7akod, Group: WHISKEY-BRAVO

3/20/2014 11:09:30 AM: Getting your IP: 99.113.15.180

3/20/2014 11:09:31 AM: War Room Authorisation: "true"

3/20/2014 11:09:32 AM: Starting up DB access with the result: {"couchdb":"Welcome","uuid":"a1b347be93a9415a22b58bdc602112ab","version":"1.5.0","vendor":{"version":"12.04","name":"Ubuntu"}}

3/20/2014 11:50:33 AM: Starting up ALiVE Plugin

3/20/2014 11:50:33 AM: Reading config file: Username: o9ekidyqanuzedu4epalakifucu7akod, Group: WHISKEY-BRAVO

3/20/2014 11:50:33 AM: Getting your IP: 99.113.15.180

3/20/2014 11:50:34 AM: War Room Authorisation: "false"

3/20/2014 11:50:34 AM: You are not authorised to access the ALiVE War Room with this account

In theory if you set the Profile module to Only Profile Synced Units and don't sync your playable units that should do it.. but you are saying you've tried this and it still profiles the non-players? Do you have disabledAI = 1 in your description.ext ? That will do the trick.

Thanks for the reply... :-)

Yes have tried that, not synching the units to the profile system, and having the setting in the profile system to Only Profile Synced Units. And still the units have been cached. I know of the disableAI thing, and will put in my mission :-) but another thing, i tried the same thing where i wanted some units not to be cached, because i wanted them in highcommand to some of the units, and still they got cached what ever setting i used.

Hope there will be a solution for this :-)

Sixt

Edit

With the disableAI = 1, all playable units not used by humans are deleted, so can't use that solution...

Edited by Sixt