wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

hey sixt, will add a snippet, should be easy!

re: CQB - when spawning in units it seems to do it over a bit of time so that a bunch of units aren't all spawned in at once. If it's a large town it might take a few minutes for all the CQB guys to spawn. Otherwise I would just wait a bit longer before mission start to give enough time for all the ALiVE stuff to finish init.

This isn't the way it was before, however. I'm still waiting for an update because these problems have stopped the show completely. It takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes for the cqb modules to initialize when it was pretty much instant before. as far as I know, ALiVE is completely unusable at the moment, and I hope BIS fixes the issues they introduced

ALiVE is completely unusable at the moment

Well i wouldn't say "completely unusable", for something in Alpha stage i would say its quite functional instead. There is a lot of stuff behind ALiVE that we don't see that is quite "magical" i would say, and i'm quite satified with the actual results, compared to the original MSO in Arma 2, ALiVE does have a long way to go but i would say its an exellent start. For me, i will just plan ahead when initializing a map and just give it a couple of hours to settle before jumping in. Patience and humility is a rare thing these days ;)

Couple of hours is probably excessive. 3 to 5 mins waiting on the map screen should be enough, maybe 10 to 15 on a big map like Altis with a lot of Mil Placements. Let's hope the module init issue gets fixed soon!

By the time most players have made themselves pretty at the vas box, the server is ready to rock...

If you immediately rush off into an AO you might encounter nothing... If it's not been given that 5 minutes.

There is a responsibility here on mission designers to ensure they account for that.. You could always place a few Sneaky Manual profiles around base if you are really that keen to get rocking... Also don't confuse teleporting around the map watching CQB's spawn relatively slowly, with actually proceeding through a town on foot. In actual Gameplay I have NEVER seen cqb units spawn after we actually get there, they are always ready and spawned.

SJ

By the time most players have made themselves pretty at the vas box, the server is ready to rock...

SJ

HA! That made me laugh, I can go sit in the chopper, take a piss, make something to eat, make a drink, and when I get back everyone just finished deciding what helmet they want to use

tell me about it... :) I prefer to configure outside of the game in LEA and then just PLAY THE GAME ! lol

*edited Actually - no I don't; I spend my entire life editing missions pretty much - saddo *

HA! That made me laugh, I can go sit in the chopper, take a piss, make something to eat, make a drink, and when I get back everyone just finished deciding what helmet they want to use

yup and it would only take 5 clicks on VAS to load a customslot

This isn't the way it was before, however. I'm still waiting for an update because these problems have stopped the show completely. It takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes for the cqb modules to initialize when it was pretty much instant before. as far as I know, ALiVE is completely unusable at the moment, and I hope BIS fixes the issues they introduced

To my knowledge it has always been this way (how the CQB guys are spawned in)... and as serjames mentioned it's a different story if you are teleporting around the map to test (not saying that's what happened but....)

That's why I don't rush to spawn enemies into position and stress the system...I know that it'll take 10 minutes for people to get dressed...we need a wall length mirror mod and flex animations to complete that package.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Can you add option (additional module) to allow player join/leave/take comand of squad? (something like ShacTac use)

Question, if I were to start creating a mission now for ALIVE..what are the chances it wont be compatible with the persistence update?

Is there a way to ensure alive modules only spawn infantry, I have all modules set to light infantry but I had a platoon of tanks roll into my base and get stuck?

Question, if I were to start creating a mission now for ALIVE..what are the chances it wont be compatible with the persistence update?

Well unless you're heavily scripting it or adding many in editor triggers I doubt it will have any effect at all. To be honest that's kinda the beauty of the whole ALiVE thang... I can just pickup the modules, paste them down on another map. Add the familiar FOB and player units and Bingo and new mission ready to run... Takes about an hour if you want to add some IEDs and maybe a couple of manual units and some customer markers. I say crack on and don't worry - ALiVE is easy to re-create.

SJ

Alright, making a typical Blufor(USMC) vs Opfor(Rebels). The ai that has spawned inside the towns (with a commander), tend to walk around in a bunched up circle, why is this?

Any quick tips on getting the AI to act more insurgent style?

Hey guys, love the mod and really looking forward to seeing it mature over the comings months and years.

I've got a question about OPCOM's and custom objectives.

In the wiki under opcom, in the last section "Editor notes" it states you can use triggers to place new objectives for the OPCOM using the following line;

[_OPCOM,"addObjective",[_id, _pos, _size]] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM

Is it possible for someone to run through just how this works exactly? because I'm stuck at the gate when it comes to trying to implement it.

I've made use of the customlocation script in the ALAMO mission, and while I don't fully understand how it works I can still make use of it, but the ability to throw up objectives during a mission would be another great tool.

Does anyone have any experience with getting this working? Potential uses? Potential problems?

I've just started using the FFIS mod (pretty awesome so far) and was wondering if it conflicts with the AI Skill module or not? Has anyone got both modules running? When I had the AI SKill module placed and FFIS they seemed to move less strategically and didn't fire/maneveur as much but I'm wondering if this is a placebo effect or not?

Thanks for your help!!

Hey guys, love the mod and really looking forward to seeing it mature over the comings months and years.

I've got a question about OPCOM's and custom objectives.

In the wiki under opcom, in the last section "Editor notes" it states you can use triggers to place new objectives for the OPCOM using the following line;

[_OPCOM,"addObjective",[_id, _pos, _size]] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM

Is it possible for someone to run through just how this works exactly? because I'm stuck at the gate when it comes to trying to implement it.

I've made use of the customlocation script in the ALAMO mission, and while I don't fully understand how it works I can still make use of it, but the ability to throw up objectives during a mission would be another great tool.

Does anyone have any experience with getting this working? Potential uses? Potential problems?

Hi,

There are 2 ways to add custom objectives to OPCOMs,

- either in editor from mission start (with location game logic synced to the OPCOMs that should know about this location / example usecase: you built a custom FOB in an empty area, and want OPCOMs to attack/defend it)

- or on-the-fly during mission runtime (with scripts, or within a trigger - example usecase: you want OPCOMs only to attack a specific location after some conditions are met, later on in the mission).

On our Wiki you will find script snippets for those usecases. Best is you look at the Scavengers Mission (depbo and open in editor). Its actually pretty simple, you can just use the same code in your triggers/scripts!

Hope it helped!

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

I've just started using the FFIS mod (pretty awesome so far) and was wondering if it conflicts with the AI Skill module or not? Has anyone got both modules running? When I had the AI SKill module placed and FFIS they seemed to move less strategically and didn't fire/maneveur as much but I'm wondering if this is a placebo effect or not?

Thanks for your help!!

Yo Dome!

AI skill could have an effect, because it sets the skill permanently! You may want to remove that module for a try, actually if you are using 3rd party mods wthat affect AI behaviour I suggest to not use AI Skills as this could potentially interfere due to the skill levels applied on the units!

just give it a shot

- - - CLAS - - -

- - - FLASH - - -

- - - 201130ZMAR14 - - -

- - -MESSAGE BEGINS - - -

20th MAR 2014

ALiVE Commumity

Intel reports suggest incoming update of ALiVE, exact time is currently unknown.

All units are expected to be in a state of readiness to receive the update.

- - - END OF MESSAGE - - -

Can you add option (additional module) to allow player join/leave/take comand of squad? (something like ShacTac use)

Request added we'll see what the devs say:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74258

Is there a way to ensure alive modules only spawn infantry, I have all modules set to light infantry but I had a platoon of tanks roll into my base and get stuck?

Currently no however it has been discussed in the past (forcing infantry only)

yaT923QqaWdy53Vc7Y7fSw51GNXD15VGGmpUpvlcYxY32Gwm3_-tTWji8k8SccpTk9NSRVkS_egZn2obtwGO68vGS4yBJDnR53osWkazThm6mHBvkLfWBDB2

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent campaign for ArmA3

After a prolonged battle with 4B scalar values(int), we have beaten ObjectId’s into a hasty retreat and can therefore happily release the latest and greatest version of ALiVE!

The newest version number has been increased from 0.5 to 0.6 and is considered a MAJOR RELEASE, that will hopefully freak you out so be sure you get all the release notes!

Other than the usual plethora of fixes and enhancements, this time we start with a very special system, that we are proud to unveil finally and officially...

The ALiVE War Room monitors and records activity across all ALiVE missions, wherever and whoever is playing them.

Groups and individuals can sign up and view their performance, compare stats and watch live updates from ALiVE missions played out across the ArmAverse.

Unlike previously known systems, there is no complicated database and/or server setup at all!

Server admins can simply register their groups and run a small plugin on their server (static IP needed). Full instructions are provided on the website.

Of course this can be enabled and disabled by mission makers using the ALiVE Data Module in the map editor in the usual way.

Visit ALiVEmod.com and register your personal account on the War Room to find out more!

Civilian Population Module

Simply place it on the map and watch civilians go about their business (you do not need to synch to anything).

Compiled highlights in this release:

1. ALiVE War Room is now open for registration.

2. Player, Group and Mission stats recorded live to the web using the ALiVE Data Module

3. Added Civilian Population Module

4. Ambient Enemy Convoys

5. You can now synch a trigger to OPCOM to control when it starts and stops

6. Added new mission - ALiVE | Divide & Rule

7. Hundrets of bug fixes and improvements, like quick initalisation in unscheduled space

Full Changelog (dangerous, only click if you really dare to....):

Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment (ALiVE) Changelog

ALiVE RELEASE VERSION 0.6.0.1403201

- Repo updated 20/03/2014 @ 14:44

- Latest Version set to 1403201

- Release Build 0.6.0

* 1403201 changelog

[MAIN] Updated version to 0.6.0.1403201 (Public Major Release)

[MAIN] Updated CLUSTERBUILD to match version 1.14.116216 - Stable

[ALL] Last checks, updated demos, compiled clusters for latest stable

- Repo updated 19/03/2014 @ 16:45

- Latest Version set to 1403191

- Build 0.6.0

* 1403191 changelog

[MAIN] Updated version to 0.6.0.1403191 (closed testers)

[sYS_PLAYER] Disable store to DB for sys_player and clarify player save button (disconnect/reconnect only), Disabled menu item to enable DB, coming in next release! :)

[uI] Updated UI for SYS Data purposes (Server exit, Mission abort) - this is mainly done because of this BIS issues: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/39421

[ALL] Put functionpriority on non-dependend modules with menu items to a lower priority to workaround BIS bug http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17921 and minimize tuplications of menu items and other weird bugs

[ADDINS] Added new ALiVE Plugin DLL to secure database writes and to work with BEAST server

[AMB_CIVS] Added new sounds to the civ pop module (including dogs, car alarms, babies, orgies, etc.)

[CLUSTERS] added more support for user requested maps: Reshmaan, Afghan Village, MCN Aliabad, Bystrica, Bukovina

[MIL_OPCOM] Fixed regression where taken objectives were not secured immediatly but only after next analysis iteration, not sure when introduced

[MIL_OPCOM] http://dev.withsix.com/issues/73745 Added ability to read synced triggers: if all synced triggers (if any) become true, OPCOM will start to attack unassigned positions! condition must become true serverside so avoid conditions like player distance _pos < 100 if you want your mission to be MP compatible

[DEMO] Fix for http://dev.withsix.com/issues/73279 just because I can (and ist so simple)

[MIL_CONVOY] Fixed bug if default value of faction field was deleted on the module and fallback to OPCOMs faction didnt work properly

[ALL] modified init order, and added order to non ordered modules. added some debubg messaging tricks. fixed issue with server not halting simulation.

- Repo updated 13/03/2014 @ 09:50

- Latest Version set to 1403121

- Build 0.6.0

* 1403121 changelog

[MAIN] Updated version to 0.6.0.1403121 (closed testers)

[ALL] modified init order, and added order to non ordered modules. added some debug messaging tricks. Fixed issue with server not halting simulation.

[MIL_CONVOY] Fixed bug if default value of faction field was deleted on the module and fallback to OPCOMs faction didnt work properly

[DEMO] Fix for http://dev.withsix.com/issues/73279 just because I can

- Repo updated 11/03/2014 @ 16:21

- Latest Version set to 1403111

- Build 0.6.0

* 1403111 changelog

[MAIN] Set version to 0.6.0.1403111

[MAIN] Updated static blacklists to include diver groups

[MAIN] Added Loading Screen until all ALiVE modules are initialised (requires "ALiVE require" module)

[ALL] Fixes to BIS changes for initialisation of ALiVE modules

[VARIOUS] made debug messages more informative

[MIL_CONVOYS / MAIN] Moved common functions to Main, Further cleanup

[MAIN / MIL_MP / CIV_MP /AMB_CIV] Centralized Clusterbuild versioning: Set in main script_mod.hpp for more ease! Reduced amount of warnings!

[CIV_POP] added civilian death event to intel

[CIV_COMMAND] adjusted suicide bombers explosive type

[CIV_COMMAND] fixed various bugs. Improved suicide bombers routine. Improved rogue routine. Improved parking position placement on vehicles.

[MIL_OPCOM] Removed sleeps to improve init, debug cleanup

- Repo updated 07/03/2014 @ 14:34

- Latest Version set to 1403071

- Build 0.6.0

* 1403071 changelog

[MAIN] Set version to 0.6.0.1403071

[CIV_PLACEMENT] updated ALIVE_clusterBuild to ARMA3 STABLE 1.12.115994

[MIL_PLACEMENT] updated ALIVE_clusterBuild to ARMA3 STABLE 1.12.115994

- Repo updated 05/03/2014 @ 19:01

- Latest Version set to 1403051

- Build 0.6.0

* 1403041 changelog

[MAIN] Set version to 0.6.0.1403051

[CIV_PLACEMENT] updated ALIVE_clusterBuild to ARMA3 STABLE 1.12.115915

[MIL_PLACEMENT] updated ALIVE_clusterBuild to ARMA3 STABLE 1.12.115915

- Repo updated 04/03/2014 @ 15:23

- Latest Version set to 1403041

- Build 0.6.0

* 1403041 changelog

[MAIN] Updated version to 0.6.0.1403041 (closed testers)

[AMB_CIV] NEW FEATURE: Ambient Civilians. Functions of the civilian agents include: Gather, movement, campfire, housework, houselights, sleep, rogue, suicide bomber

[MIL_CONVOYS] NEW FEATURE: Ambient military convoys (Several instances possible, if synced to an OPCOM convoys will wait for at least 4 secured objectives)

[MIL_CQB] Added locality switch to CQB module options in preparations for HC (JIP Client, Server, HC)

[MIL_CQB] Implemented ARJays common blacklists

[MIL_CQB] Improved performance on finding positions in higher floors of buildings

[CLUSTERS] Implemented proper building class lists for individual maps. Fixed issue in grid data generation and long line lengths. Re-analysed and Re-indexed most AiA supported maps.

[MAIN] Fixed several stuff in nuke! Multiple nukes now working properly including fallout and radiation zones and destruction effects, improved visual appearance of nuke and performance of destruction!"

[MAIN] added civ population arrays for all supported maps

[MAIN] Added function for pressing ALiVE abort button

[MAIN] Added missing blacklists from CQB

[MAIN] added more helper functions

[MAIN] Disabled implemented ZEUS compatibility until it is stable enough to code (commented it)

[MAIN] disabled XEH postServerInit handlers, clarified debug messages on button abort.

[MAIN] Implemented option on "Requires ALiVE"-module to kick players on ALiVE version mismatch (warning is default). http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74011

[MAIN] Tidied up abort button code, still WIP

[MAIN] Updated Abort button functionality

[ALL] adjusted startup function priority for modules

[MIL_OPCOM] Added _positions = [_faction,_state] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMpositions possible states: ""unassigned"",""attack"",""attacking"",""defense"",""defending"",reserve"",""reserving"",""idle"")"

[MIL_OPCOM] Improvements to defensive behaviour, WIP on unscheduled analysis (temp. disabled)

[MIL_OPCOM] Persistence WIP, fixed several saves where not possible

[sYS_AISKILL] Excluded civilians from set skill

[sYS_DATA] Changed max string length to 10kb

[sYS_DATA] Fixed on disconnect code

[sYS_DATA] Improved logging

[sYS_DATA_COUCHDB] Fixed issue where storing more than 10 arrays failed. Fixed BOOL conversion issue

[sYS_DATA_COUCHDB] Removed the need to store STRING types in dictionary

[sYS_PERF] Added logging

[sYS_PLAYER] Enabled player persistence to database (default set to false though), improved logging and handle null player object

[sYS_PLAYER] minor updates

[sYS_PROFILE] Fix: to simulated combat was taking too long on 1:1

[sYS_PROFILE] removed player profile debug messages

[sYS_STATS] Deal with potential empty player connection

[uI] Added ALiVE Menu to MP game interrupt screen.

[uI] Updated pics used for debriefings

[CIV_COMMAND] Added behaviours for civilians

- Repo updated 24/02/2014 @ 11:45

- Latest Version set to 1402241

- Build 0.6.0

* 1402241 changelog

[MAIN] Updated version to 0.6.0.1402241 (testing release)

[MAIN] Implemented option on "Requires ALiVE"-module to kick players on ALiVE version mismatch (warning is default). http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74011

[MAIN] Disabled ZEUS compatibility until ZEUS is stable enough to code on it (commented it out)

[MAIN] Added ZEUS compatibility, units will spawn/despawn if you move around with ZEUS

[MAIN] Fixed several stuff in nuke! Multiple nukes now working properly including fallout and radiation zones and destruction effects, improved visual appearance of nuke and performance of destruction!

[MAIN] Added missing blacklists from CQB

[MIL_CQB] Improved performance on finding positions in higher floors of buildings

[MIL_CQB] Implemented ARJays common blacklists

[CLUSTERS] Implemented proper building class lists for individual maps. Fixed issue in grid data generation and long line lengths. Re-analysed and Re-indexed most AiA supported maps.

Download: Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com or PlayWithSix

Another video...

Peaceful Takistan

Disclaimer

We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

Work In Progress

We are currently hard at work developing the data part of ALiVE to deliver mission persistence. We know people are looking forward to this and so are we, but it’s important we get it right for release. The current main effort for the team:

1. Player and Mission Persistence

2. Logistics Module

3. Enhancements to OPCOM, TACOM and CivPop

4. Insurgency Module.

Thanks To

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with feedback and bug report and of course to our dedicated testing team! Please keep up the effort to make ALiVE even better!

Stay tuned for more!

Ambient Enemy Convoys

will now move around the battle space, providing something for enterprising groups to turn into pretty explosions.

k4gv8i.jpg

24cy437.jpg

Edited by highhead

Oh.

My.

GOD.

Yay!!!

Just a quick question to confirm, is the War Room going to actually work ok for local hosts without dedicated servers etc??

Enjoy! The ALiVE Dev's put a ton of work into this version! :cool: