wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

So your saying you have tested ALiVE with the latest update and it doesn't work? What doesn't work exactly, what errors or issues are you getting?

Im a lil confused to be honest and im in a different timezone with u if that makes difference,arma had big update today,i updated...then 20mins later it had a very small update addressing mp crashes,and when i load up a mission,it says im not using correct version of alive,and i had downloaded the latest version of alive a few hours ago for arma3 1.12 i believe

ARMA3 official page, spotrep 00019 was main update, 00020 just downloaded my side with mp crash fixes.Now alive reads you have the wrong version,contact admin to update to latest version of ALIVE

Edited by redarmy

Gunny, I think there was an issue with the 1.12 Server Executable causing Dedi crashes, we quickly got hold of a hot fix versions direct from the devs - fixed it and seems faster too !

That may have gone live on main branch now.

Not tested it since last night (12pm GMT) but it was working fine at that point.

SJ

We are aware, we get notified of the release.

I was intrigued of RedArmy'e comments about ALiVE is not working so wanted to get more information, but he has just said he gets the version message.

ALiVE is working, and yes you will again unfortunately get the Version Message popping up, but all works fine. We will release a small patch to stop the messages again a little later on.

Patched version is available on www.ALiVEmod.com and http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/files

PS:

We plan to remove the warning, as we expect no more map index changes by the time ZEUS is released.

Actually there have been no critical map object index changes in the last month already.

Thanks guys, my issue is that my arma is buggy sometimes,and i cannot click past that error msg and need to shut arma off,and restart.My end,not an alive problem.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (wolffy.au) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New update v0.5.8.1403071 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@alive.png

@ ALiVE team;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

We plan to remove the warning, as we expect no more map index changes by the time ZEUS is released.

Actually there have been no critical map object index changes in the last month already.

Thanks for the patch! But this post reminded me, and I just have to ask, do you have a re-indexed version of Clafghan simmering on the back burner there somewhere? ;)

EDIT: Nevermind! I see the ticket I made a month ago has been changed. :) PS, the "Security Certificate" for dev-heaven has expired?

Edited by Oktyabr

Thanks for the patch! But this post reminded me, and I just have to ask, do you have a re-indexed version of Clafghan simmering on the back burner there somewhere? ;)

EDIT: Nevermind! I see the ticket I made a month ago has been changed. :) PS, the "Security Certificate" for dev-heaven has expired?

Dev-Heaven has changed thats why mate its now http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive

Yes, a re-indexing has been done ( thanks ARJay! ) and is currently in closed testing. You should see better placements and possibly ( some maps ) new locations that were not indexed before. I have a list of the re-indexed maps however I need to wait and make sure I don't get slain for sharing that info :)

Thanks guys, my issue is that my arma is buggy sometimes,and i cannot click past that error msg and need to shut arma off,and restart.My end,not an alive problem.

The OK button seems to do nothing, pressing Esc a few times works though.

Seems I'm seeing the effects of the newest Arma patch too. ALiVE Mil Civ placement module only works sometimes. I have TAOR markers set clearly over civilian locations on Altis and it's still giving me errors about placing the TAOR marker over a military location.

I have 3 military civ placement modules, one for each of the three TAOR markers. I don't know why this is happening. If I place a module to cover the whole map, it populates those towns just fine, but not if I use TAOR markers.

EDIT: It also seems to be taking an abnormally long time to find all the military civilian locations. I'm watching them show up, almost as if it's drawing on the map.

EDIT: The CQB module is also not working properly, it just doesn't do anything at all. I place the marker over a town and set the CQB module to that marker and just nothing at all happens, not even an error.

Edited by GDent

Also cannot click past the warning message...shit.

When I place a marker over the town of Therisa, it claims there's no military location there for the military civilian placement module. But if I place the module without any TAOR marker and just let it populate the whole map, it actually finds that town and places units there.

It seems to work every time on Poliakko, but only if there's only one module for only that town. If I place another module for Zaros with its TAOR marker there, it glitches it even when it works fine in Poliakko by itself

I just tried it with Kavala alone, and it doesn't work. That's the biggest town in the entire game.

I don't know what happened, but it's broken in more than one way.

When I place a marker over the town of Therisa, it claims there's no military location there for the military civilian placement module. But if I place the module without any TAOR marker and just let it populate the whole map, it actually finds that town and places units there.

It seems to work every time on Poliakko, but only if there's only one module for only that town. If I place another module for Zaros with its TAOR marker there, it glitches it even when it works fine in Poliakko by itself

I just tried it with Kavala alone, and it doesn't work. That's the biggest town in the entire game.

Try one MCP with one TAOR that covers Poliakko *and* Zaros and see what happens.

Try it with square markers.

For other issues, we are currently looking into an issue that seems to be effecting pre briefing initialisation of our modules. We will let you know when have it sorted out!

today i tried placing CQB module with the latest arma3 patch and the 085140 build of ALIVE.

in editor preview everything is fine, i got civilians spawning all over my cities. if i start the pbo with my rootserver there are no civs spawning, also the debug function not showing them on map.

Is this cauz of the gameupdate ? or do i maybe make something wrong ?

Thanks iun Advance!

Kabs

EDIT: The CQB module is also not working properly, it just doesn't do anything at all. I place the marker over a town and set the CQB module to that marker and just nothing at all happens, not even an error.

As i asked some days ago. Also for me there is no CQB spawn.

Hope you guys will find the answer soon in your and our favor :)

Yeah, before I read your post I substituted with the a CQB module and manually placed some vehicles. I tested before and after I placed the vehicles (FIA offroads). Before, it was populating just fine. Now, the TAOR markers stay behind and the CQB module doesn't do anything. Also, my game freezes horrible for the first few seconds while previewing.

I just removed the vehicles and now the CQB module works with no freezing. I don't know if it was their waypoints or just the vehicles.

EDIT: Just placed the a single FIA armed offroad inside the TAOR marker for an FIA CQB module. It broke the module entirely, all the TAOR markers stayed on the map, no errors or debug information at all.

EDIT: CQB module was working, now it's completely dead. I kept working on my mission after testing one CQB module controlling 3 TAOR markers for 3 towns. It worked. I kept making my mission, tested again, stopped working. I exited the mission editor and then loaded the mission again and now it still doesn't work. I can't get it to work anymore. The TAOR markers stay behind and don't disappear, don't detect any CQB locations, nothing at all. I did not touch the CQB module or the TAOR markers, but somehow it just stopped working.

I cannot continue this. I'll wait very eagerly for a new update to ALiVE.

Edited by GDent

Yeah, before I read your post I substituted with the a CQB module and manually placed some vehicles. I tested before and after I placed the vehicles (FIA offroads). Before, it was populating just fine. Now, the TAOR markers stay behind and the CQB module doesn't do anything. Also, my game freezes horrible for the first few seconds while previewing.

I just removed the vehicles and now the CQB module works with no freezing. I don't know if it was their waypoints or just the vehicles.

EDIT: Just placed the a single FIA armed offroad inside the TAOR marker for an FIA CQB module. It broke the module entirely, all the TAOR markers stayed on the map, no errors or debug information at all.

EDIT: CQB module was working, now it's completely dead. I kept working on my mission after testing one CQB module controlling 3 TAOR markers for 3 towns. It worked. I kept making my mission, tested again, stopped working. I exited the mission editor and then loaded the mission again and now it still doesn't work. I can't get it to work anymore. The TAOR markers stay behind and don't disappear, don't detect any CQB locations, nothing at all. I did not touch the CQB module or the TAOR markers, but somehow it just stopped working.

I cannot continue this. I'll wait very eagerly for a new update to ALiVE.

I can almost safetly this problem is prodominint on Altis.When i try on other maps,it works flalessy,and i mean that,20seconds on cherno to load up a scenario that either takes 30minutes on Altis or dosent load atall.

What i can say for sure is trying to load civ placements or MIL ones on Altis WITH hand placed units down too,will usually result in placements not loading or taking no less than 20minutes.Have you tried other maps?

I didn't try it on another map because I wanted to make my mission on Altis specifically. The towns in that map are like no other, and they fit perfectly with my mission idea. I'll just wait for a fix and make other missions until then.

Try it with square markers.

For other issues, we are currently looking into an issue that seems to be effecting pre briefing initialisation of our modules. We will let you know when have it sorted out!

I did mention that the TAOR markers for one mission were still showing in the briefing of a mission I made, but they disappeared after the mission began and everything worked. Glad to hear this is being worked on

I have problems with vehicle respawn scripts when using alive :( most of my cars exploding by respawning over and over again flippin in each other etc.

Any Help to that ?