wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

We too have seen some odd arty results. Direct HE fire is approximately within the "Cross-Hairs" on the Fire control map. You can see the cross gets bigger the further away from the gun the target is (is that my imagination ?)

We get four options on the combat support panel, Smoke, He, Illum and a fourth I cannot remember at work, but I assumed was guided. This fourth example can be, as the other attest more than 500 m off target (we play on Takistan)

?

SJ

The Arty\Mortar Module is a basic script that only uses doArtilleryFire using the position of the map click and nothing else. Except using the Type of Ammo selected and the number of rounds.

The Arty\Mortar Module is a basic script that only uses doArtilleryFire using the position of the map click and nothing else. Except using the Type of Ammo selected and the number of rounds.

Hm... Maybe simulating the artillery fire instead would be a way to increase accuracy then. That way the accuracy of the arty could even be adjusted by implementing an accuracy slider in the support module in the editor.

I've got one request though: If I open up the support menu I get to this little map. I'm usually directly looking for my target area. Clicking on the available arty centers the map on the arty's position though, so I loose my target area out ouf sight again. I'm not quite sure what's the point of knowing where the arty is positioned is. If I want to hit the EI 400 meters in front of me hard with artillery fire, I really don't care about seeing the position of the available howitzer on my map. The map shouldn't move at all while inside the support menu without me actively moving it.

Hm... Maybe simulating the artillery fire instead would be a way to increase accuracy then. That way the accuracy of the arty could even be adjusted by implementing an accuracy slider in the support module in the editor.

I've got one request though: If I open up the support menu I get to this little map. I'm usually directly looking for my target area. Clicking on the available arty centers the map on the arty's position though, so I loose my target area out ouf sight again. I'm not quite sure what's the point of knowing where the arty is positioned is. If I want to hit the EI 400 meters in front of me hard with artillery fire, I really don't care about seeing the position of the available howitzer on my map. The map shouldn't move at all while inside the support menu without me actively moving it.

As mentioned numerous times in here, Combat Support will not have any other features added to it for some time, as We need to concentrate our efforts elsewhere such as other modules and most importantly persistence, we do not just want to be held up adding features to existing modules where others juts fall at the wayside.

(...) we do not just want to be held up adding features to existing modules where others juts fall at the wayside.

Good idea! Carry on then. :)

I've noticed i get that error when using round markers, that could be the problem.

We have found that this can happen when using uneven ellipses also known as ovals. We are unaware if this is a BIS problem or just the way they intended for this to work. Easy fix is just to avoid ovals and use rectangles or perfectly round ellipses.

Profile system module is under ALiVE Systems category in the modules drop down. You can profile editor placed units by setting "Profile all editor units except synced".

Hi ARJay, thanks, I did get it to work, and got the OPCOM to issue them orders as well. In fact I have gotten everything to work perfectly with the exception of the User Interaction Menu which no key on my machine will access nor can I find any way to 'remap' as has been suggested. I don't mind all infantry battles though, it's a great MOD. I plan to launch a big battle this weekend again with it, I think last weekend I got 5+ hours of play in a single long campaign!

Can't wait for updates! Thanks!!

Hi ARJay, thanks, I did get it to work, and got the OPCOM to issue them orders as well. In fact I have gotten everything to work perfectly with the exception of the User Interaction Menu which no key on my machine will access nor can I find any way to 'remap' as has been suggested. I don't mind all infantry battles though, it's a great MOD. I plan to launch a big battle this weekend again with it, I think last weekend I got 5+ hours of play in a single long campaign!

Can't wait for updates! Thanks!!

Hi EvilMooseofDoom.

You can configure custom key #20 in the configure->Controls Menu, then restart ArmA this will then be the key you can use to access the Menu.

loading the player persistent data doesn't load the face your profile's using. the character has the face Arma assigned to it. Not sure if that has been reported yet. :)

Hi MC, are you using MP or MCP modules? If I remember right ToraBora only has civilian locations?

Yes ... I am using MP. As far as I know there are no prefabs/bases on Tora Bora. So there is no Objective profiling for Tora Bora? How does one set up ALiVE in this case? I saw it is on the list of maps that work with ALiVE, so I assumed setup is business as usual ...

Yes ... I am using MP. As far as I know there are no prefabs/bases on Tora Bora. So there is no Objective profiling for Tora Bora? How does one set up ALiVE in this case? I saw it is on the list of maps that work with ALiVE, so I assumed setup is business as usual ...

When in doubt do what I do... fire up the map, place a player unit, the profile module then place an MP with debugging turned ON. You can set it to "objectives only" if you like. Save and preview it. Open up the map and take a screenshot so you know where all (if any) "strategic" locations are on that particular map. Go back to the editor and do the same thing with an MCP to find the civilian locations. Last but not least you can do this with the CQB module too. Turn the probability up all the way (50%) to see all the potential CQB locations. No opcoms, no syncing anything, just a player and those modules.

Using GIMP or any other decent image editor you can set those screenshots as layers and tweak transparency or simply click their visibility on and off as needed. Handy reference for designing more complex missions.

When in doubt do what I do... fire up the map, place a player unit, the profile module then place an MP with debugging turned ON. You can set it to "objectives only" if you like. Save and preview it. Open up the map and take a screenshot so you know where all (if any) "strategic" locations are on that particular map. Go back to the editor and do the same thing with an MCP to find the civilian locations. Last but not least you can do this with the CQB module too. Turn the probability up all the way (50%) to see all the potential CQB locations. No opcoms, no syncing anything, just a player and those modules.

Using GIMP or any other decent image editor you can set those screenshots as layers and tweak transparency or simply click their visibility on and off as needed. Handy reference for designing more complex missions.

Thanks ... will do. I've always liked the terrain at Tora Bora ... had some epic battles there.

I see that there was an update of CBA today and I was just wondering if anyone knows if ALIVE is compatible with the new version?

Thanks!

I see that there was an update of CBA today and I was just wondering if anyone knows if ALIVE is compatible with the new version?

Thanks!

All working fine from what I have seen.

All working fine from what I have seen.

Awesome thanks! I'll update it right away then

hey Alive team, I have a question that i do not know if its been asked as i have been sparsely reading the forums lately.

I was just wondering how difficult it would be to change the force strength/AI amount selection. IE not restricted to 30-60-100... etc. can there be a way to just input a number from 0 to 1200?

That is all.

Thanks for your mod!!

hey Alive team, I have a question that i do not know if its been asked as i have been sparsely reading the forums lately.

I was just wondering how difficult it would be to change the force strength/AI amount selection. IE not restricted to 30-60-100... etc. can there be a way to just input a number from 0 to 1200?

That is all.

Thanks for your mod!!

The module does not support that, I guess you could use multiple MP modules to get the force size you are after. Alternatively you could have a look at the AS Alamo mission on the website, that has a cutom OPCOM objective that I have also hooked up to script that allows you to specify the number of groups of infantry, mech, motor, armor, specops etc via variables set on the location, might be worth having a look at.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Use the Military Civilian Placement module instead of the Military Placement module. Also Oktyabr's advice is well worth following :)

Use the Military Civilian Placement module instead of the Military Placement module. Also Oktyabr's advice is well worth following :)

Ahhh! I'm pretty sure you were the one that gave me that idea :D

im not sure you under stand what i want to do.

I was wondering if you can remove the drop down of ai force selection and replace it with a user defined value of 0 - 1200 units...

So instead of being restricted to using mutiples of 30 . I could set it to a specific amount. 150 or 75 or 11. or 5. IE not have to use multiple modules, just simply input the specific amount.

so instead of a drop down that you select from 30 units or 60 units .. its just and empty line that you input a number and that is the amount of units you want to create.

Its a question of weather you can add it in as an option for mission makers? not if the module can do it, because i know it cannot in its present state. I just think that restrictions in that sense can be well a bit restricting...

Will it blend?

I was wondering if you can remove the drop down of ai force selection and replace it with a user defined value of 0 - 1200 units...

So instead of being restricted to using mutiples of 30 . I could set it to a specific amount. 150 or 75 or 11. or 5. IE not have to use multiple modules, just simply input the specific amount.

so instead of a drop down that you select from 30 units or 60 units .. its just and empty line that you input a number and that is the amount of units you want to create.

Its a question of weather you can add it in as an option for mission makers? not if the module can do it, because i know it cannot in its present state. I just think that restrictions in that sense can be well a bit restricting...

Will it blend?

I'm thinking it might be nice to set specific group counts. Currently when you select 1200, depending on the weighting the module will try to determine an appropriate force composition, it is not just the unit count, each type is given a cost, which is subtracted from the total, so you don't end up with 400 tank platoons etc. Something to look into for the future.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

Can you guys look into getting Everon 2014 indexed for ALiVE?

Sure, I'll stick it on my list.

When I started a mission on a dedicated server today, the TAOR markers for a CQB module showed up on the map until we went in range of one of the markers. Any ideas on why this happened? I'd rather not show the players where I'm spawning enemies. I suppose I could set the gamma for them to 0, but it'd be nice to know if there's a way to prevent that in the first place.

We used the CQB module to create a civilian presence in a couple towns in Takistan. other than a few glitches (floating over stairwells and falling to their deaths), it was very nice and really added a lot. I can't wait for the actual civilian modules.

Ahhh! I'm pretty sure you were the one that gave me that idea :D

What am I??? Chopped liver?? :p

Will it blend?

I like this idea. Feature request added:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74141

When I started a mission on a dedicated server today, the TAOR markers for a CQB module showed up on the map until we went in range of one of the markers. Any ideas on why this happened? I'd rather not show the players where I'm spawning enemies. I suppose I could set the gamma for them to 0, but it'd be nice to know if there's a way to prevent that in the first place.

We used the CQB module to create a civilian presence in a couple towns in Takistan. other than a few glitches (floating over stairwells and falling to their deaths), it was very nice and really added a lot. I can't wait for the actual civilian modules.

I have never seen this... are you able to reproduce it?

Edited by SavageCDN

I'm confused.. what exactly do I put in the faction field op the CQB module?:confused:

caf_ag_me_civ

or

"caf_ag_me_civ"

or

["caf_ag_me_civ"]

Watch this space for a WIP Video of CIV's in Takistan using the ALiVE Civ Module ;)