wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

no, what I'm saying is I did nothing out of the ordinary and never added JIP to the mission. but a player joined an empty slot and started playing normally like it was nothing. I can't say how I did it because I never did anything specific to do that.

no, what I'm saying is I did nothing out of the ordinary and never added JIP to the mission. but a player joined an empty slot and started playing normally like it was nothing. I can't say how I did it because I never did anything specific to do that.

Yeah you did. You created that "empty slot" :) That's the bread and butter of "JIP", having empty "slots" players can fill.

On a tangent here is a thread that might help you: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?114773-How-to-prevent-JIP

Edited by Oktyabr

Is there a variable I can monitor, to know when Alive is initialized?

Hello Highhead and all of the team,

is there any way to let ALIVE running on my server without the clients need to load it for themself ?

Will you thinking about providing it if does not atm ?

I for myself like to have my servers available for everyone.

How can i turn off the marked enemy units on map?, not sure if its cause of they intelligence.

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Kabs

Hello Highhead and all of the team,

is there any way to let ALIVE running on my server without the clients need to load it for themself ?

Will you thinking about providing it if does not atm ?

I for myself like to have my servers available for everyone.

How can i turn off the marked enemy units on map?, not sure if its cause of they intelligence.

Thanks in advance !

Hi mate!

ad. 1. very unlikely and has no priority on our lists

ad. 2. with the debug setting to no on the modules in editor and / or through the ALiVE menu (admin actions module)

see ya in the battlefield!

also, did support break for Fallujah? I keep seeing errors about no objectives and that I have to place the TAOR marker next to an objective, and I see some weird errors with the CQB module too

I run Alive 5.0.8.1402211 with A3 1.10.114700 in Fallujah 1.2 with no problems.

I do have a problem with Tora Bora ... I get

Alpha 1-1 [..] "There are 0 objectives for this OPCOM instance | Please assign Millitary or Civiliian Objectives"

I link Millitary Placememnt to opposing OPCOM etc. I am also successfully running Chenarus, Namalsk, Cafghanistan, N'Ziwasogo along with Fallujah, but keep getting the above message for Tora Bora. Any ideas?

I run Alive 5.0.8.1402211 with A3 1.10.114700 in Fallujah 1.2 with no problems.

I do have a problem with Tora Bora ... I get

Alpha 1-1 [..] "There are 0 objectives for this OPCOM instance | Please assign Millitary or Civiliian Objectives"

I link Millitary Placememnt to opposing OPCOM etc. I am also successfully running Chenarus, Namalsk, Cafghanistan, N'Ziwasogo along with Fallujah, but keep getting the above message for Tora Bora. Any ideas?

I've noticed i get that error when using round markers, that could be the problem.

Hi mate!

ad. 1. very unlikely and has no priority on our lists

ad. 2. with the debug setting to no on the modules in editor and / or through the ALiVE menu (admin actions module)

see ya in the battlefield!

1. Sadface. Still worth using on non/half public server for me.

2. Yep i got that today working.

Thanks for your fast answers high!

First let me start by saying... WOW! This Mod is freaking amazing. The Heli control is worth it alone.

Just a couple issues. Anyone else getting "ghost" explosions or gun fire? I play MP network in the same

room as my other computer so I can hear both audio and get instant feedback. Sometimes when we

play, one guy will get mortar or gunfire right next to him but I can't hear it on my pc even though we

are standing right next to each other. Kooky.

Also, anyone know how to still receive Intel but NOT have you (or other humans) show up on the Map?

Would like to have Intel for nearby, but still have the immersion of navigation without you-are-here Icon.

First let me start by saying... WOW! This Mod is freaking amazing. The Heli control is worth it alone.

Just a couple issues. Anyone else getting "ghost" explosions or gun fire? I play MP network in the same

room as my other computer so I can hear both audio and get instant feedback. Sometimes when we

play, one guy will get mortar or gunfire right next to him but I can't hear it on my pc even though we

are standing right next to each other. Kooky.

Also, anyone know how to still receive Intel but NOT have you (or other humans) show up on the Map?

Would like to have Intel for nearby, but still have the immersion of navigation without you-are-here Icon.

No idea about the ghost issue. For Intel you might need to adjust server difficulty levels?

i want the opposide thing: seeing yourself on map, but not the alive markers und no other units.

I'd also like to remove this from a mission I am working on, mainly because it tends to leave permanent group markers on the map when (I think) the client disconnects or if the client/server gets a lag spike.

i want the opposide thing: seeing yourself on map, but not the alive markers und no other units.

hi mates!

Just use the correct settings if using the MIL INT module, there is a setting for it, show friendly groups.

Also dont forget to turn off the debug on SYS PROFILE! You wont have any group markers then!

cheers

How can I trigger a script after Alive is finished init?

That would be useful - our insurgency server can take quite some time to get up and fully synced.

Perhaps you could add another function to the admin module "display hint when OPCOM fully Initialised"

SJ

"Alpha 1-1 [..] "There are 0 objectives for this OPCOM instance | Please assign Millitary or Civiliian Objectives"

I've noticed i get that error when using round markers, that could be the problem.

Doesn't seem to fix it ... like I said all the other 7 maps listed as ALiVE compatible work fine for me, just not Tora Bora.

How can I trigger a script after Alive is finished init?

Hi,

Actually ALiVE initialises before the party starts so starting your scripts in init.sqf is just fine. If this is not the case then some addons borks up the initialisation progress (then remove it or try to load @ALiVE at the beginning of the modline like -mod=@cba;@alive@someothemod). Additionally you can take a look at http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets where we have some useful script snippets and variables

f.e.

//Will wait until the persistent data of a player has been loaded (place in init.sqf f.e.)

waituntil {(player getvariable ["alive_sys_player_playerloaded",false])};

//Wait for the virtual profiles Init to be finished

waitUntil {!isNil "ALIVE_profileSystemInit"};

please try that and get back to us if it doesnt fit your needs

Doesn't seem to fix it ... like I said all the other 7 maps listed as ALiVE compatible work fine for me, just not Tora Bora.

Hi MC, are you using MP or MCP modules? If I remember right ToraBora only has civilian locations?

Ad. Squad - Your squad was virtualized by the profiler, but real players won't be virtual and thats where you got unassigned. Set the dropdown of SYS PROFILES module accordingly (f.e. "Only profile synced units") to solve your problem!

Ad. 1. - New fog system is already implemented in dynamic weather. In addition, there are several epic improvements for dynamic weather module by Jman inbound!

Ad. 2. - We tested with AiA and didnt see that, please open a ticket on the dev heaven tracker with a repro mission that only has ALiVE (incl. CBA) and AiA in!

latersh

HH

I keep reading about this SYS Profiles module but can't find it anywhere. Is it still implemented? If not how does one get user placed units profiled? Thanks!

I keep reading about this SYS Profiles module but can't find it anywhere. Is it still implemented? If not how does one get user placed units profiled? Thanks!

Profile system module is under ALiVE Systems category in the modules drop down. You can profile editor placed units by setting "Profile all editor units except synced".

I played quite some time with a couple of friends with ALiVE today and found something that bugged me out quite a bit: Is there any way to make the artillery hit the targets their assigned to?

By sending a HE round to a marked target the drift was around 20 to 50 meters. With laser targeted AR it was even worse, somewhere up to 150 meters away from the designated and lasered target.

Is there any way to raise the accuracy of the support module spawned Artillery?

I played quite some time with a couple of friends with ALiVE today and found something that bugged me out quite a bit: Is there any way to make the artillery hit the targets their assigned to?

By sending a HE round to a marked target the drift was around 20 to 50 meters. With laser targeted AR it was even worse, somewhere up to 150 meters away from the designated and lasered target.

Im afraid not this is a BIS issue.

Im afraid not this is a BIS issue.

Somehow I doubt that. The inaccuracy of the artillery in the campaign mission or in other missions with artillery is not as high as with the ALiVE support module. At least that's my impression. And lasered AR is even more inaccurate than regular HE rounds.

Or could this be connected with the accuracy settings for friendly AI? Although they are usually comparably high...

Edited by Pergor

I cannot confirm this accuracy issue with the alive module, as I have used the laser guided shells multiple times to directly hit idling tanks. Maybe there is an issue with other mods you may be using. In my case the shells were fired by an M4 Scorcher, Laser guided shells, 1 shell rounds.

Danger Close!

We've had rounds off upto 400m... Yikes. Multi-rounds; fast; over long distance = exponential error rate. :yikes: