wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Feature request:

Add a readiness level variable to units/placement modules. In the placement module, you might set the % of forces that are "ready" to 20%. This would mean that 80% of forces would be garrisoned (rather than on patrol) and/or dismounted from their vehicles (crew included). These forces would behave passively until they are either directly engaged (in real space) or given an order due to a nearby threat (in real or virtual space).

That sounds great, would give a real edge to spec ops style missions, an incentive to approach outposts stealthily to catch the enemy unaware... Seeing them mount up when you engage them would be pretty great too.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

//will register a position as an objective to all OPCOMs in the current mission

if (isServer) then {
{
	[_x,"addObjective",	[
							str(time),		//ID (string)
							getposATL thisTrigger,	//position
							100,			//size
							"MIL"			//type
				]
	] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM;
} foreach OPCOM_INSTANCES;
};

Not sure about your second question though I would guess no.

Thank you, very useful. Does it work the same to remove them again?

I did not know about this.Adding objectives mid-play is great idea,but iv no idea how do i do it?

Aside from puytting that script snippet in a mission SQF file? what else do i do?

I did not know about this.Adding objectives mid-play is great idea,but iv no idea how do i do it?

Aside from puytting that script snippet in a mission SQF file? what else do i do?

Put down a trigger with conditions and say 300m radius. In the onActivation field paste that code minus the comments, adjust the params to taste (size, location, etc) - it's that easy!

Not sure to be honest but I'll find out.

Put down a trigger with conditions and say 300m radius. In the onActivation field paste that code minus the comments, adjust the params to taste (size, location, etc) - it's that easy!

Awesome. Thank you

Hi Alive Mod devs,

I know you guys are busy perfecting an awesome mod. After searching through the thread regarding the player persistance module and came with nothing (or maybe I am bad in searches), I am wondering what features was implemented in the current build of the player persistance module and what do the devs want to take it to long term.

I am working on a simple invasion mission using Alive in Stratis and although there is a list of options for the player persistance module, I am unsure which ones work or not.

Hi Alive Mod devs,

I know you guys are busy perfecting an awesome mod. After searching through the thread regarding the player persistance module and came with nothing (or maybe I am bad in searches), I am wondering what features was implemented in the current build of the player persistance module and what do the devs want to take it to long term.

I am working on a simple invasion mission using Alive in Stratis and although there is a list of options for the player persistance module, I am unsure which ones work or not.

At the moment the player persistence module stores the selected values to RAM - currently we have deployed the database connection part for it to our closed testers!

It is the player part of the persistence module (sys data) which will hit release soon.

Hmm alright. That seems to be what I have been noticing when messing around with the module.

Anyways, my outfit will play around with it on Friday and/or Saturday.

Also, our outfit has been mostly playing missions using the Alive Mod almost every weekend. http://www.reddit.com/r/TestOutfit/. We usually run smaller size groups 8-16 players, however I have been using the Alive Mod modules from basic administrative capabilities (garbage pickup, admin actions) to Alive AI battlefields (OPCOM and Mil/Civ Placements). If there is anything that the devs need to test, we are open to help out.

Ok maybe this is entirely the wrong place to ask this but is there some wizard around with amazing knowledge of using the alive mod who could help me make my opcom give me tasks all around the map and not just tasks close to me? :S

xoxo GetzTheGoldfish

PS. My friend (who gives great head btw) says that he'll do ANYTHING for this information ;)

Ok maybe this is entirely the wrong place to ask this but is there some wizard around with amazing knowledge of using the alive mod who could help me make my opcom give me tasks all around the map and not just tasks close to me? :S

xoxo GetzTheGoldfish

PS. My friend (who gives great head btw) says that he'll do ANYTHING for this information ;)

Take a look at the foursome, you get tasks from every friendly OPCOM, so you may want to place 2 of them in seperate zones! please be aware though that the taskings are only a "workaround" for players that feel lost in such a huge and immersive battlefield, and need some guidance where the party is going on - thats also why more or less the nearest objective is selected! Hope i could give some heads (up)!

Hope i could give some heads (up)!

Apparently he has a friend who could help with that ;)

Will the skill module also set the skill for any spawned in AI via script - and is there any plans to capture theses and add them to the Profile system ?

To the gentlemen who created this mod, I thank you!!! Absolute legends!!!! Keep up the good work and i'm sure we'll all keep using this fantastic piece of work!

I need some help please,

I've been trying to make "ZTL Fast Rope" work with new air units I found here > http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24845 the "fast rope" option doesnt show when I use transport support. I Don't know if I have to tell this to the script autor.

Also, when I set the "Apache" (for example) to be the CAS, or the Black Hawk to be the Transport Support, they won't respawn when destroyed.

Any ideas? :(

I need some help please,

I've been trying to make "ZTL Fast Rope" work with new air units I found here > http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24845 the "fast rope" option doesnt show when I use transport support. I Don't know if I have to tell this to the script autor.

This has *nothing* to do with ALiVE. :) If you check the fast rope script thread you'll see that I've already asked him to support this mod... A quick work around is to simply copy and paste the bit about the "B_Heli_Transport_01_F" in the fast rope script and rename it so the blackhawk uses the same settings. It's not perfect but it works, until zealot can maybe get the correct coordinates for these helis... I've included my changes below:

zlt_rope_helidata = 
[
[
	["O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F", "O_Heli_Light_02_F"],
	[1.35,1.35,-24.95],
	[-1.45,1.35,-24.95]
],
[
	["B_Heli_Transport_01_F", "B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F"],
	[-1.11,2.5,-24.7],
	[1.11,2.5,-24.7]
],
[
	["O_Heli_Attack_02_F", "O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F"],
	[1.3,1.3,-25],
	[-1.3,1.3,-25]
],
[
	["I_Heli_Transport_02_F"],
	[0,-5,-26],
	[]
],	
[
	["B_Heli_Light_01_F"],
	[0.6,0.5,-25.9],
	[-0.8,0.5,-25.9]
],
[
	["UH60M"],
	[-1.11,2.5,-24.7],
	[1.11,2.5,-24.7]
]
];

Also, when I set the "Apache" (for example) to be the CAS, or the Black Hawk to be the Transport Support, they won't respawn when destroyed.

Any ideas? :(

Are you SURE they don't respawn? I'm using them in the same capacity and they respawn for me just fine. Again, probably not an issue with ALiVE. Are you running the DEV build of A3 by any chance?

Are you SURE they don't respawn? I'm using them in the same capacity and they respawn for me just fine. Again, probably not an issue with ALiVE. Are you running the DEV build of A3 by any chance?

Thank you! The FastRope now works well with the BlackHawk. I'm so happy about it. And yes, I was wrong, the Nimitz was destroying my placed air units in every respawn, that's why I couldn't use them.

Again, thank you!

Will the skill module also set the skill for any spawned in AI via script - and is there any plans to capture theses and add them to the Profile system ?

yeah it is, though take into account that AI spawned on other localities than server wont!

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Thank you! The FastRope now works well with the BlackHawk. I'm so happy about it. And yes, I was wrong, the Nimitz was destroying my placed air units in every respawn, that's why I couldn't use them.

Again, thank you!

happy you got it sorted! have fun, mate

PS: thanks okatbyr for helping out in here!

Hello ALIVE team

im trying to set-up a mission covering ALTIS i currently have the blufor units and base semi complete with player and playable units in place - no problem here

i currnently have 5 toar markers in place with 4 civ placements 2 being opf and 2 ind each civ placement is synced to opcoms at this point everything seems great

now i preview my mission to see how everything works out but nothing is happening no units being placed no locations marked

ive checked my rpt file and im gettiing this error

Error position: <_veh};

_veh setVariable [_set,0,true];

s>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _veh

Error in expression <getDir _veh;

waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};

on another note is it possible to set OPF_F,IND_F in to one civ placement as i feel having for could be to much

Hello ALIVE team

im trying to set-up a mission covering ALTIS i currently have the blufor units and base semi complete with player and playable units in place - no problem here

i currnently have 5 toar markers in place with 4 civ placements 2 being opf and 2 ind each civ placement is synced to opcoms at this point everything seems great

now i preview my mission to see how everything works out but nothing is happening no units being placed no locations marked

ive checked my rpt file and im gettiing this error

Error position: <_veh};

s>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _veh

Error in expression <getDir _veh;

waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};

on another note is it possible to set OPF_F,IND_F in to one civ placement as i feel having for could be to much

That fragment of code doesn't look familiar to me, are you running any other mods / scripts? If so I suggest disabling them and testing again.

It's not possible to combine multiple factions on one placement module.

thanks for the fast reply arjay

i have not had this issue befor hand i had just started to get it today

ill take out the mods i added in recently and check it out

ok just removed several mods

blastcore anims

xmedsys

Keys - Enhanced Interaction System

after removing these everything is working im guessing Keys - Enhanced Interaction System was conflicting somewere

Edited by ScrumpyJacks

quick questions

does ALiVE support JIP? I made a mission with it and while playing on a dedicated server, by some apparent fluke the players were able to join and play after the mission had started. I didn't add JIP into my mission, however. I feel it was either ALiVE or BTC Revive

also, did support break for Fallujah? I keep seeing errors about no objectives and that I have to place the TAOR marker next to an objective, and I see some weird errors with the CQB module too

quick questions

does ALiVE support JIP? I made a mission with it and while playing on a dedicated server, by some apparent fluke the players were able to join and play after the mission had started. I didn't add JIP into my mission, however. I feel it was either ALiVE or BTC Revive

also, did support break for Fallujah? I keep seeing errors about no objectives and that I have to place the TAOR marker next to an objective, and I see some weird errors with the CQB module too

I've never had issues with JIP and ALiVE. JIP is only possible if you have at least one free "playable" unit. As far as I know ALiVE does nothing to create playable slots.

Fallujah is currently on the list of supported maps: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Supported_Maps

I don't believe the last update had any focus on maps at all so I don't see how something could have been broken for a particular map. I recommend starting a new mission, just as an experiment, using only ALiVE, A3MP, CBA (make sure you have the latest version), and Fallujah and only on the Stable version of A3 (ALiVE doesn't support the DEV version yet)... no extra mods or scripts. Try just the CQB module and if that works as expected try adding an MP or MCP and see what happens. Try it with debugging "ON".

EDIT: I don't usually run Fallujah but here is what I got using NO filters in a quick test (click thumbnail for larger image):

ALL CQB locations (50%):

245m.jpg

Military Civilian Objectives:

246m.jpg

Military Objectives:

247m.jpg

MCP + MP:

248m.jpg

Edited by Oktyabr

quick questions

what do you mean by "add JIP"?

honestly I don't know lol. I thought it was a setting or something in the init file that had to be placed. I've never played a mission where someone could just join after it had started, but maybe I just never noticed

ok - but which init line, mate! of an addon? just post it, should be easier for us then!

good night, mate!