wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thank you. so the CQB module detects nearby unit factions and populate the town accordingly.

So if I want the town be occupied by OPFOR, I need to place a few team of OPFOR in the town first then.

That would probably work. The other thing you can do is change the dropdown from "Dominant" to "Static" and then make sure the faction lines below it say whatever class name you want to have pop up there, i.e. for vanilla CSAT it needs to say OPF_F. More information here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=CQB

I lurked around for a long time and only got around to trying out Alive recently. Holy balls, this is amazing. I really like it. I do have a few questions.

Does the logistics module replenish only active profiles or does it also reanimate dead ones? What about AI fuel/ammo/repair needs? Is fuel/ammo consumed during profile simulations?

Do the civ/military placement modules add additional profiles if units are lost?

My intention is to create a big week-long capture the island MSO COOP event, but I'd rather not have too much AI regeneration to simulate persistence and avoid unfair matchups. I'd really like to keep the AI that's generated at the start to be all that's on the island, and have my community slog it out with them around the island until they've captured all the objectives and eliminated most of the enemy forces (or not). I don't really want any friendly CQB in towns, but I don't mind random guerrillas popping up sometimes.

@L3TUC3

Logistics module currently 'respawns' dead groups - nothing to do with supplies, fuel etc. at least not at the moment. Groups will respawn at a controlled MP or CP location. So for your week-long MSO event just avoid placing the Logistics module and dead groups will not return.

Also with the way if I follow let's say this
to create a ALiVE dynamic battlefield? That using correct modules the mod will identify areas of importance (like military placements) for example Iron Front's map Staszow, like this
?
Yeah that would do it. We also have a test mission that you could refer to for Iron Front - The Grind: http://alivemod.com/missions

And indeed it does.

Had some troubles of my own with almost everything to get the stuff working with the mission and the editor side stuff, but now everything is running smooth.

How complete would you say that the compatibility of ALiVE with Iron Front is currently? Or is it intended "as is" from here on? Asking because of my own observations on this: it feels that map like Staszow is missing high priority Military placements and low priority (of 0) placements are an individual house on the outskirts of towns. Is there anything that can even be done about such behaviour? I'm just guessing here that how the modules recognize a military or civilian placement is somehow hard-coded or bound to actual models in the game world eh.

Can info be found from somewhere if it's possible to make an AI squad to use their transport for long travels between the base and an objective they're headed for (talking about AI that OPCOM is commanding)? Short example: LIB_WEHRMACHT is created with mechanized weighting, so there they have a halftrack for transportation but don't seem to be using it when attacking.

And indeed it does.

Had some troubles of my own with almost everything to get the stuff working with the mission and the editor side stuff, but now everything is running smooth.

How complete would you say that the compatibility of ALiVE with Iron Front is currently? Or is it intended "as is" from here on? Asking because of my own observations on this: it feels that map like Staszow is missing high priority Military placements and low priority (of 0) placements are an individual house on the outskirts of towns. Is there anything that can even be done about such behaviour? I'm just guessing here that how the modules recognize a military or civilian placement is somehow hard-coded or bound to actual models in the game world eh.

Can info be found from somewhere if it's possible to make an AI squad to use their transport for long travels between the base and an objective they're headed for (talking about AI that OPCOM is commanding)? Short example: LIB_WEHRMACHT is created with mechanized weighting, so there they have a halftrack for transportation but don't seem to be using it when attacking.

Hi,

Integration with IRON FRONT is working, but there are still some things to be done, like better indexing of IF maps and getting some configs to work properly (f.e. Air groups are not yet working prfectly and as you mentioned some motorized mechanized groups are not using their vehicles as they should). Its nothing we are focusing on at the moment, but feel free to open up a ticket on our tracker, so it doesnt get lost, please!

thanks

Highhead

Hi Alive team,

hope things are coming along well.

I have a question i hope you or maybe someone else would know the awnser to.

Basically,im using a custom faction(south zagorian army) russian faction,works fine as the mod author says.However it has no armour/mech units in it config,so i i made in the inits of 3 units for them to start in cargo or rather as driver/gunner/commander.Opcom picks up the RU zagorian units and sends them on their way,BUT not the unit which is profiled and inside a BTR 100 from SUD RU faction(empty vehicle obviously) im not sure but i assumed i could get away with opcom using that unit and effectively have mechs on the field with a faction that dosent have mechs in its class. Is there a way to make what im looking for work.

Iv tested it multiple times with many/more less units/OBJs aswell,getting nowhere.

This might be something obvious im missing or failing to see. Any tips or info would be great even if cant get it too work would just be curious as to know why.

Cheers redarmy

Hi,

Integration with IRON FRONT is working, but there are still some things to be done, like better indexing of IF maps and getting some configs to work properly (f.e. Air groups are not yet working prfectly and as you mentioned some motorized mechanized groups are not using their vehicles as they should). Its nothing we are focusing on at the moment, but feel free to open up a ticket on our tracker, so it doesnt get lost, please!

thanks

Highhead

Thank you for the answer!

Keep up what you are doing with the mod! Meanwhile I'll keep enjoying what you guys have produced so far! :)

cheers!

If you insert with a heli, and havent set spawndistance for heli, theres something what we call the black hawk down effect. terrrorists will run out of there houses and lynch you!

i have 300 CQB sparen positions covered all over altis, they are activating withing 3-2 seconds in the foursome demo (just take a look on how to).

PS spelling errorz

No Heli, we go by car!

Still the problem occures!

I'm going to check the Server FPS later, but if anybody has a suggestion...!

@L3TUC3

Logistics module currently 'respawns' dead groups - nothing to do with supplies, fuel etc. at least not at the moment. Groups will respawn at a controlled MP or CP location. So for your week-long MSO event just avoid placing the Logistics module and dead groups will not return.

Excellent. I looked on the wiki, but it wasn't particularly clear what it actually did, I thought it would just replenish units to profiles that took some losses. Thanks for your explanation.

Still regarding the fuel/ammo regeneration, for such a long OP, would that become a problem for the AI as the time goes on? Do they consume fuel when profiled? I'd hate for the enemy to be out of resources before we get to them.

Now I just have to decide if I want to go ahead with AlivE generation or preplaced units. Performance wise it'll probably be the generation, but I like the idea of an actual ORBAT representation too.

Excellent. I looked on the wiki, but it wasn't particularly clear what it actually did, I thought it would just replenish units to profiles that took some losses. Thanks for your explanation.

Still regarding the fuel/ammo regeneration, for such a long OP, would that become a problem for the AI as the time goes on? Do they consume fuel when profiled? I'd hate for the enemy to be out of resources before we get to them.

Now I just have to decide if I want to go ahead with AlivE generation or preplaced units. Performance wise it'll probably be the generation, but I like the idea of an actual ORBAT representation too.

In the future Logistics module will have more 'meat' to it (or so I've been told.. but they promised me unicorns too and I don't see that happening any time soon...:p )

That's a good question re: supplies consumption for profiled units - we'll have to wait for a DEV to respond to that one.

see below

With regards to ORBAT it does try to generate a standard 'mix' of units (ie: even if you select Infantry as the spawn type you will see attached motorized and occasionally a mech/armored vehicle)

edit: OK profiled units do NOT consume resources - at least not yet. Groups that spawn in, consume resources (fuel, ammo), then get profiled again WILL retain their supply levels (ie: so spawning back in does not top them up to full again)

Edited by SavageCDN

No Heli, we go by car!

Still the problem occures!

I'm going to check the Server FPS later, but if anybody has a suggestion...!

Please log a ticket and upload your mission without any mods.

Hey Guys... Wondering if anyone knows if STALKERGB's British Infantry are a working faction in Alive? Can seem too find a faction classname for them.

Cheers

In the future Logistics module will have more 'meat' to it (or so I've been told.. but they promised me unicorns too and I don't see that happening any time soon...:p )

That's a good question re: supplies consumption for profiled units - we'll have to wait for a DEV to respond to that one.

see below

With regards to ORBAT it does try to generate a standard 'mix' of units (ie: even if you select Infantry as the spawn type you will see attached motorized and occasionally a mech/armored vehicle)

edit: OK profiled units do NOT consume resources - at least not yet. Groups that spawn in, consume resources (fuel, ammo), then get profiled again WILL retain their supply levels (ie: so spawning back in does not top them up to full again)

That pretty much confirms my suspicions, I think it's fine for profiled units to not use any fuel. It actually saves me a lot of scripting headache. Players can go figure out the fuel and resupply needs themselves when it arises, but I'm not touching the AI for logistics.

I love the generated AI, but the preplaced AI has the benefit to give scripted waypoints to patrol areas and other fun surprises. AlivE does some of that already, but I don't want 100% random in a few situations if you know what I mean.

I believe you can just have Alive profile your own placed units so you can have the best of both worlds if you like. If you want to go with your own ORBAT then just don't let Alive place units.

I believe you can just have Alive profile your own placed units so you can have the best of both worlds if you like. If you want to go with your own ORBAT then just don't let Alive place units.

Yes, that's what I played with (also a great feature!) in my small scale tests. But with the amount of stuff I would have to place for the scale I'm thinking of it will bloat up the mission.sqm a bunch more than is really necessary. That's why I haven't decided yet. In any case, all AI will be profiled. I'd be silly not to.

Hi guys,

I managed to get SUD-RU Russians to get picked up by opcom(currently they will be placed with mil civ placements but not used by opcom) i set a SUD-RU BTR 100 down and grouped it too an AAF mech battalion.IT worked great.Im going to assume it will work if i set a russian infy squad with another infantry squad. But can you guys tell me if opcom will continue to issue orders to the group conataining rusians if lets say the AAF group leader is killed,and a russian unit becomes squad leader?

I have tried testing it but i just wanted to ask because maybe what im doing could cause some other errors....il mention a strange thing i saw by doing that,when using teleport to a group,that said group which i assigned the btr 100 to had a gorgon AAF mech just spawn after some time rite next to it.

Guys im desperate to get good armoured russians in ALIVE gamepley and this is the closest iv come. Any thoughts would be fantastic

thanks again

Hey Guys... Wondering if anyone knows if STALKERGB's British Infantry are a working faction in Alive? Can seem too find a faction classname for them.

Cheers

Don't see them on the list:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Supported_Factions

@redarmy - I'm a bit confused by your question - you've grouped a Russian BTR to an Independent group and want to know if somehow the BTR takes over as group leader will OPCOM still issue orders?

Why not just use Russian group instead of AAF?

Sorry savage i probably was a bit unclear.

Basically SUD_RU does not work fully with ALIVE, because of a cgf faction name mix up where basically sud_ru are listed as Tguriella instead of IND.So russians will spawn but opcom will not give move orders.

Basically i wanted russians on the map who could move and attack blufor placements/logics placements. But simply putting sud_ru placements or hand placed units will not give that effect for reason just stated.

Anyway,my question was will putting one AAF unit(which opcom WILL give move orders to) and making him leader of a squad otherwise entirely made up of sud_ru give me a setting im looking for ie. russians able to move and attack enemy.And basically doing that for every entity ie. one AAF squad leader and sud_ru rifle squad grouped to him....one mechanized AAF and some BTR 100s grouped to its leader. Iv actually awnsered my own question testing it today and yes it "SEEMS" to work just fine,even if say AAF group leader dies in start of mission before opcom gives orders,that group he commanded(sud_ru) are still profiled and given move orders when otherwise you cannot use sud russians with OPCOM.

Did i explain that ok? Basically its actualy a good temporary workaround for ALL i believe non working ALIVE compatible custom factions...i dont know maybe you guys or anyone interested could do as iv said here and test for themeselves.But works fine on my end and now im able to have T-100s BTRs SUD_RU infy all get given and continually given orders by opcom,when before it wasnt possible because of a config name that the sud_ru author wrote in for sud russians.

Hope somebody finds this find useful anyhow. Im off to give the REDARMY revampent run on ALTIS.

Cheers lads

Hello Comrades!

ARJay made a WIP footage of some modules that are currently in development and will be deployed to our testers in the next weeks!

Civilian Population & Convoys

- Convoys moving from secured objective to secured objective behind the front lines.

- Various functions of the civilian agents: Gather, movement, campfire, housework, houselights, sleep, rogue, suicide bomber

be aware that this is still in development stage, but already gives an impression about what is inbound

I call 'fake'! At 30 seconds seeing that many vehicles that close together ... this is NOT Arma3! Where are the crashes, the swerving? I bet ArJay has used attachto !!

Just kidding .... looks amazing!

^ haha that was my comment in Skype... must be a scripted convoy or some other witchcraft :p

I forgot to ask in my last post regarding hand placed editor units that get profiled? is there a hardcap or max number of units you can place? when i go above 69,my briefing fails to load the units profiled and basically Alive dosent work.When i go back below 69 its working.

This is on ALTIS if it makes any difference

^ haha that was my comment in Skype... must be a scripted convoy or some other witchcraft :p

Pure Witchcraft :D

I forgot to ask in my last post regarding hand placed editor units that get profiled? is there a hardcap or max number of units you can place? when i go above 69,my briefing fails to load the units profiled and basically Alive dosent work.When i go back below 69 its working.

This is on ALTIS if it makes any difference

Must have been HH and his kinky 69 fetish

Dear ALiVE team. Immensely enjoyed another mission (using your mod as the main enemy generator) this past weekend with my fireteam.

Reviewing my gameplay vids, one of my teammates noticed an issue with CAS radio chatter giving wrong grid references. For instance, I click on Altis at 207088 and that ref is comm'd to the heli. The heli replied with something like "...will provide support at 208072..." which is actually the ref for our base. The pilot always reported our base grid ref rather than where we called them to. Is this a bug?

Edited by lightford