wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I have a question regarding waypoints. In the manual its stated that currently only the MOVE and HOLD waypoints are supported by Alive, yet in the ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint documentation one can read:

Examples:
(begin example)
// simple move waypoint
_result = [getPos player, 100] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint;

// search and destroy waypoint
_result = [getPos player, 100, "SAD"] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint;

// transport unload waypoint with complex parameters
_result = [getPos player, 100, "TR UNLOAD", "FULL", 100] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint;
(end)

Does this mean the profiling system is actually supporting more kinds of waypoints, and the MOVE and HOLD restriction refers to exporting the editor waypoints to profiles or is this just a placeholder for future possibilities?

Edit: Fiddled a bit with my scripts and it seems like the other waypoints do work when added via the Alive functions.

Edited by Meathook

Thanx Highhead - appreciate the reply. Loving the ALiVE mod and use it with almost all of my custom missions for our gaming community. Looking forward to a tasking system one day similar to that of the MSO in Arma 2 :)

Also with the way if I follow let's say this
to create a ALiVE dynamic battlefield? That using correct modules the mod will identify areas of importance (like military placements) for example Iron Front's map Staszow, like this
?

Yeah that would do it. We also have a test mission that you could refer to for Iron Front - The Grind: http://alivemod.com/missions

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Hi guys thanks for the mod. Very immersive!!!

How do you get a military placement (MPL)to spawn aircraft only. I have changed the weight to airborne only and assigned a TAOR, but no aircraft are being generated. I am ensuring the TAOR has an airfield included in it. Below is the ALIVE schema representation for my test mission

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4DB5DD638CA7583D%211103

Any help appreciated

I would just place flying aircraft in the editor and let the profile system pick them up. The Airbourne weighting has been changed to SpecOps, perhaps I forgot to change the label on the module.

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Have I missed a conversation regarding the Explosions (vehicles burning) and the damage/lag that is generated within a small radius around the burning wreck? Not 100% sure this an ALiVE issue but it looks like I am only experiencing this lag/game freeze and character damage when I have the ALiVE addon running.

Anybody else having these or similar issues?

Thanx in advance :)

In addition to what HH said, I remember a user in the past having this issue, that we narrowed do to a revive script I think it was, If you have any scripts I suggest you disable them and test again.

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Using the latest release on stable branch i had an assault boat with divers spawn on land when using a Civilian Military Placement inside a toar marker with random weighting, BLU_F... this only happened once and I did have a whole lot of other mods running but just want to note it here before I forget.

Ok thanks Katipo, I will check if theres something that has slipped through our blacklists.

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

I have a question regarding waypoints. In the manual its stated that currently only the MOVE and HOLD waypoints are supported by Alive, yet in the ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint documentation one can read:

Examples:
(begin example)
// simple move waypoint
_result = [getPos player, 100] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint;

// search and destroy waypoint
_result = [getPos player, 100, "SAD"] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint;

// transport unload waypoint with complex parameters
_result = [getPos player, 100, "TR UNLOAD", "FULL", 100] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint;
(end)

Does this mean the profiling system is actually supporting more kinds of waypoints, and the MOVE and HOLD restriction refers to exporting the editor waypoints to profiles or is this just a placeholder for future possibilities?

Edit: Fiddled a bit with my scripts and it seems like the other waypoints do work when added via the Alive functions.

They will work when carried back into the game world, but nothing will happen when they are virualised.

Hi,

we used the CQB Module in a regular mission and discovered 2 problems:

1. I want to set up more than one marker where the CQB doesn't kick in. If I only use "safezone" (without "") its working great. But these are not working: "safezone; mark1; mark2...." and "safezone;mark1;mark2..." What do I have to do to make it working!

2. We where making a patrol and searched some houses and BOOM after like 5 minutes the village gets overcrawled with enemies. It hit us pretty hard! What can I do against that?

Many Greetings

Moony

Hi,

we used the CQB Module in a regular mission and discovered 2 problems:

1. I want to set up more than one marker where the CQB doesn't kick in. If I only use "safezone" (without "") its working great. But these are not working: "safezone; mark1; mark2...." and "safezone;mark1;mark2..." What do I have to do to make it working!

2. We where making a patrol and searched some houses and BOOM after like 5 minutes the village gets overcrawled with enemies. It hit us pretty hard! What can I do against that?

Many Greetings

Moony

Hi Moony,

1: To use multiple markers use commas instead of semi colons to seperate the list of marker names.

2: Fight! thats part of the fun of ALiVE, you never know when a company of infantry will show up to spoil the party.

1. Thanks

2. Sure, but not when they spawn in a building 2 meters beside us xD

seems like ALiVE causes some problems in combination with XMedSys

http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=12

as this is mainly an XMedSys issue i would please you guys to shortly check on the issue of mine there (i have no idea how the ALiVE framework works so i also have no idea how to fix that :F)

thx

X39

bump because of importance

1. Thanks

2. Sure, but not when they spawn in a building 2 meters beside us xD

Possibly the mission is a bit overloaded. I would run CQB in debug mode to see how fast things are spawning in

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Hi X39 if you want us to look into a compatibility issue can you please log a ticket on our issue tracker, including steps to reproduce, and a repro mission if possible.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive

Possibly the mission is a bit overloaded. I would run CQB in debug mode to see how fast things are spawning in

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Hi X39 if you want us to look into a compatibility issue can you please log a ticket on our issue tracker, including steps to reproduce, and a repro mission if possible.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive

not sure how to post a new issue there ^^

thats why i ask here for you guys

basicly

it seems like thats not directly an issue of you (or it is ... no idea)

but as i have no experience with ALiVE i need your guys help to validate this issue and find out if its your fault or mine (and if its mine then i need to know what your module does :F)

As far as I can figure out from the reports, the issue occurs when players are "linked to ALIVE military placement module" (...) they respawn "and instantly die again and it just keeps going on and on".

http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=12#c33

X39, do you have a DevHeaven account?

I really am not familiar with that specific issue as I haven't noticed it myself but since I'm an happy user of both addons, I feel a bit concerned.

Keep up the great job you both. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mazza View Post

Hi guys thanks for the mod. Very immersive!!!

How do you get a military placement (MPL)to spawn aircraft only. I have changed the weight to airborne only and assigned a TAOR, but no aircraft are being generated. I am ensuring the TAOR has an airfield included in it. Below is the ALIVE schema representation for my test mission

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...CA7583D%211103

Any help appreciated

I would just place flying aircraft in the editor and let the profile system pick them up. The Airbourne weighting has been changed to SpecOps, perhaps I forgot to change the label on the module.

Thanks, do the aircraft need to synced to the OPCOM? When I place aircraft I don't see a profile assignment (e) in the debug being allocated

Thanks, do the aircraft need to synced to the OPCOM? When I place aircraft I don't see a profile assignment (e) in the debug being allocated

Don't need to sync to OPCOM, but you might need to sync to profile system if you have only profile synced units setting on there, or you can set it to profile all except synced and it should pick it up

we would really need a repro mission with your mod and ALiVE!

if you could upload it, i will take a look!

PS: just read further, yeah could also be an error due to syncing/grouping in an unintended way

Edited by highhead

Don't need to sync to OPCOM, but you might need to sync to profile system if you have only profile synced units setting on there, or you can set it to profile all except synced and it should pick it up

ARJay - I'd thought about adding flying jets... stupid question but if they are loitering until tasked by TACOM - how do they keep their fuel status in the green, This would go for choppers too I guess. (mine all start parked at the moment)

SJ

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

what Faction do i use to get AGGRESSORS working with OPCOM ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172069-Arma3-AGGRESSORS all the Class_names are on the front page of the mod thread.

For reference it's FACTION CLASS = "caf_ag_me" for the Takibanis

I tested the CQB Debug several times.

The green and red dots that say something with strategic and stuff are visible at mission start. When I then check the spawns with the admin module it shows me markers on the map in a surrounding of 1km (my setting). When we then Enter the compounds there is nobody, after a bit they spawn like HELL and also right next to us. Thats a big problem!!

Mission shouldn't be overloaded.

Only mods used:

- Nato and Russian Weapon Pack

- a3mp (the Alive work with these mods)

- xMedSys

- Alive

and some scripts

- Road side IEDs

- BTC Logistic

- DAPMAN

- and some other small ones!

Regarding the waypoints, I used a script to spawn a profiled group and added a "MOVE" waypoint using ALIVE_fnc_profileEntity, but this also doesn't seem to work when the group is only profiled. When I move into visibility range and add the waypoint, the group will start to move.

I'm trying to spawn enemy groups around 2km away and get them to move towards a defined position, is there another way to get profiled units moving when they are not actually spawned, maybe I'm just doing something wrong here.

// call for spawning the group
_profileArray = ["OIA_InfSquad_Weapons",_location] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromGroupConfig;

//creating the waypoint
_waypoint = [_location, 100] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfileWaypoint;

//adding the waypoint to the groups profiles
for "_x" from 0 to _arrayCount step 1 do {
_profile = _profileArray select _x;

[_profile, "addWaypoint", _waypoint] call ALIVE_fnc_profileEntity;
};

Edited by Meathook

I tested the CQB Debug several times.

The green and red dots that say something with strategic and stuff are visible at mission start. When I then check the spawns with the admin module it shows me markers on the map in a surrounding of 1km (my setting). When we then Enter the compounds there is nobody, after a bit they spawn like HELL and also right next to us. Thats a big problem!!

Mission shouldn't be overloaded.

Only mods used:

- Nato and Russian Weapon Pack

- a3mp (the Alive work with these mods)

- xMedSys

- Alive

and some scripts

- Road side IEDs

- BTC Logistic

- DAPMAN

- and some other small ones!

If you insert with a heli, and havent set spawndistance for heli, theres something what we call the black hawk down effect. terrrorists will run out of there houses and lynch you!

i have 300 CQB sparen positions covered all over altis, they are activating withing 3-2 seconds in the foursome demo (just take a look on how to).

PS spelling errorz

here's a weird one... Our Takistan Insurgency ALiVE server had some VERY mysterious and Macabre discoveries made on it tonight

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/579014848811648680/79AD4B77C2A2AF83EBF43B7BDC852A7F8E8BE755/ (299 kB)

Spotted a cache off to the Far South West so jumped in a chopper with an assault squad to go and find it.

This is what we spotted

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/579014848811641716/88A64166472A8FFA75BB2D36B431062AD5103D3D/ (335 kB)

Now I don't know about you, but that was a scary site. Three "Porta-Potties" as my antipodean comrade informed me, and about 100 Dead bodies !

On closer inspection - and after some explosives to makesure they were dead... Zombies 'n all that.. you know.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/579014848811646182/E43E51CE7F987B1DAAEFCACE8FD3081579281B74/ (780 kB)

68377A9C727E5E96435E45452D005A327B66BD85

So what the hell was that all about... ?

We're running Xmed sys with the annoying Insta-death routine, but those bodies stay at base until the server garbage routine gets rid of them. Anyone else seen anything like this ?

SJ

We're running Xmed sys with the annoying Insta-death routine, but those bodies stay at base until the server garbage routine gets rid of them. Anyone else seen anything like this ?

SJ

That's the "origin" point on the map, that corner. Anything that doesn't know where it's supposed to spawn will end up there. I haven't had any problems with ALiVE doing this yet but once when I broke my EOS call the units all spawned in that corner instead of the map markers where they were supposed to. Think I had it once with a civilian traffic script too.

I have a question for CQB module here.

How do you determine what faction to spawn? or is it just random factions?

I place CQB on the map, place myself as NATO soldier

Sometimes I got a city full of FIA ( but no enemies), other times hundreds of CSATs.

I am trying to make a dynamic street fighting mission, so I would like to know how to determine the spawning factions

Edited by Lugiahua

I have a question for CQB module here.

How do you determine what faction to spawn? or is it just random factions?

I place CQB on the map, place myself as NATO soldier

Sometimes I got a city full of FIA ( but no enemies), other times hundreds of CSATs.

I am trying to make a dynamic street fighting mission, so I would like to know how to determine the spawning factions

Try this:

Thank you. so the CQB module detects nearby unit factions and populate the town accordingly.

So if I want the town be occupied by OPFOR, I need to place a few team of OPFOR in the town first then.