wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Allow you to set the range of AI skill applied to units? Not sure perhaps I'm not understanding your question...

Let me see if I get this. To make it simple I will use only one skillset. I set my aimingaccuracy to 0.25. I set minimum ability to 0.05 and my maximum ability to 0.05. This gives me a range of 0.20 through 0.30 for aimingaccuracy per unit. Is this correct?

Or from the later post two down the minimum ability and maximum ability sets the two BIS sliders somewhere in the range you set then the skillset array works off of the two BIS settings (SKILL and AIMING)?

Let me see if I get this. To make it simple I will use only one skillset. I set my aimingaccuracy to 0.25. I set minimum ability to 0.05 and my maximum ability to 0.05. This gives me a range of 0.20 through 0.30 for aimingaccuracy per unit. Is this correct?

Or from the later post two down the minimum ability and maximum ability sets the two BIS sliders somewhere in the range you set then the skillset array works off of the two BIS settings (SKILL and AIMING)?

the aiming values will be applied after the ability, what exactly do you want to achieve with the settings?

the aiming values will be applied after the ability, what exactly do you want to achieve with the settings?

I would like to know what the difference is between ability and aiming values. And when you say the aiming values will be applied after the ability which ability minimum or maximum. Or is the ability being set somewhere in the range and then the aiming value is applied. What happens when the aiming value is applied? Is it added to the ability value. In the example I gave of setting the minimum and maximum at the same number 0.05 would mean the ability value is always .05 and then the aiming value of 0.25 is added giving a final in game value of 0.30 for aiming skill of every unit declared in the custom field. What I am trying to accomplish is to set a range for every unit so that the final values for each skill set (aim accuracy,aim shake,aim speed...etc.) would be variable within a certain range so that some units are slightly more or less accurate, aware, brave, intelligent than the baseline. Thank you for taking the time to reply to this seemingly complex issue. What is a skype group. I know what sype is but I don't have it on my system since I never use it. Cheers!

I would like to know what the difference is between ability and aiming values. And when you say the aiming values will be applied after the ability which ability minimum or maximum. Or is the ability being set somewhere in the range and then the aiming value is applied. What happens when the aiming value is applied? Is it added to the ability value. In the example I gave of setting the minimum and maximum at the same number 0.05 would mean the ability value is always .05 and then the aiming value of 0.25 is added giving a final in game value of 0.30 for aiming skill of every unit declared in the custom field. What I am trying to accomplish is to set a range for every unit so that the final values for each skill set (aim accuracy,aim shake,aim speed...etc.) would be variable within a certain range so that some units are slightly more or less accurate, aware, brave, intelligent than the baseline. Thank you for taking the time to reply to this seemingly complex issue. What is a skype group. I know what sype is but I don't have it on my system since I never use it. Cheers!

The setUnitAbility is a general 1 setting control: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill. We pick a random number between the min and max and apply it to a given unit.

The fine tuning values are not effected by the ability min and max values they purely set the https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill_array.

So it will be difficult to have randomisation on specific sub skill settings, perhaps a min and max field for all needs to be added, so then randomisation can be introduced.

The setUnitAbility is a general 1 setting control: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill. We pick a random number between the min and max and apply it to a given unit.

The fine tuning values are not effected by the ability min and max values they purely set the https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill_array.

So it will be difficult to have randomisation on specific sub skill settings, perhaps a min and max field for all needs to be added, so then randomisation can be introduced.

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking up the setUnitAbility in the wiki and for now it is the same as setSkill but not to be confused with setSkill array which sets the subskills. So I am beginning to understand a little. Every once in awhile while searching through the forums I do run across the setUnitAbility in scripts and every so often someone asks "What is this setUnitAbility and if it is the same as setSkill would it conflict with subskills. But lets put that aside. The million dollar question is: What exactly does this setUnitAbility/setSkill do? I know it assigns a general skill value but what does that do? Is it a separate ability or does the value of say 0.25 get broken down and distributed into the subskills. In other words...How specifically does the setUnitAbility value affect the AI behaviors in the game?

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking up the setUnitAbility in the wiki and for now it is the same as setSkill but not to be confused with setSkill array which sets the subskills. So I am beginning to understand a little. Every once in awhile while searching through the forums I do run across the setUnitAbility in scripts and every so often someone asks "What is this setUnitAbility and if it is the same as setSkill would it conflict with subskills. But lets put that aside. The million dollar question is: What exactly does this setUnitAbility/setSkill do? I know it assigns a general skill value but what does that do? Is it a separate ability or does the value of say 0.25 get broken down and distributed into the subskills. In other words...How specifically does the setUnitAbility value affect the AI behaviors in the game?

Specifically, I have no idea :) I assume that the setUnitAbility sets the sub skills in some manner, but I have no idea to what. You would need to question a modder (or BI dev) who focuses on AI modifications to find out, or you could try some scientific testing on your own! TBH the AISkill module was a late introduction, I don't claim to be well versed in the AI settings of the configs, just implemented it according to what the wiki says.

Not sure why your binding is not working, we have had a few reports on this front, are you using the A10 mod by any chance?

As for the admin/player menu, I still can't get it to work by binding a key to user action 20 (I've tried just about any key). Admin module and player tag module are both active.

I've had this happen intermittently. I had it working, and then played around with mod A-10C in ALiVE. I couldn't get the A-10C crosshair/select mode working in ALiVE because it is also mapped by default to Custom Command 20 wich is Admin Actions menu in ALiVE. When I mapped Custom Command 20 to "E", I could get the A-10C mod working (or at least starting to work). After that, I had problems accessing the Admin Actions module, with either "E" the Right Windows/App Key or any key in ALiVE. Also, it would and wouldn't work intermittently between different .sqfs I had created and then finally seemed to stop working on all of them. (I'm always running in Editor Preview for the purposes here and below).

So I removed the A-10C mod, all A-10C Class objects and all references to it in the .sqf files and then ran ALiVE/CBA_A3/Vanilla Arma3 and mapped Custom Command 20 to Right Windows Key. Still had problems. No Admin Actions menu. No luck with re-mapping Custom Command 20. No Admin User Menu. No Joy.

Now I re-load A-10C mod (but have eliminated the A-10C Class objects on the map - I'm not using it anymore), map Custom Command 20 to "E", and re-map "E" and now can access the Admin Actions menu by pressing "E". Now I delete Custom Command 20 map to "E" re-map Custom Command 20 to Right Windows Key, and suddenly, the Right Windows Key maps to Admin Actions again!

Soooo .... I'm almost 100% sure that the problem is a conflict with A-10C and ALiVE and Custom Command 20. The problem is that the re-mapping of key bindings seems to persist in ALiVE even after you remove/stop using the A-10 mod. I'll let the .sqf coding experts draw their conclusions, but I'm pretty sure that A-10C bindings persist even after you unload the mod. If you remap of Custom Key 20 while the A-10C mod was loaded with ALiVe, you need to remap the Custom Key 20 back to the ALiVE default of Right Windows Keys with the A-10C mod loaded. Once you have done the re-map, then you can unload the A-10C mod.

Anyway, that has been my conclusion - I'm a little dazed and confused after all of this and its getting late.

Edited by MissionCreep

Hi guys,

I had a similar concerne i wanted to ask about about.Iv noticed that during a session with Alive,the "attack" starts to dissolve over time,after opcom sends its first wave to attack,it seems very slow for me at least,for it to assign more profiles to enemy placements.Last night i had a session of Alive-2 of my placements,four enemy placements about 4km away from each other, me-invasion, enemy occupation. T he result was my opcom sending 3 groups to each placement and custom obj,getting destroyed by enemy,and then nothing else move for a long time to keep the attack going.Infact another strange thing,it seemed as though Blufor got reinforcements after 20minutes of play,but my independant guys,took over 2 hours to get reinforced despite have a custom obj totally secure and initial placements secure.,and having most KIA.

My question is,is there any way for me to speed up reinforcments? And any way to dictate in the slightest how many/often opcom will attack the enemy. I did read the post im quoting obviosly,but to Arjay,it seems that placing units on the map by hand,and say giving them waypoints to attack say on a radio trigger,or a simple wait 20 minutes to move Waypoint-causes placements(civ) not to load during briefing.(I mean simply putting units down,clear from any bunkers or compromising positions or placements).

Will using less placemetns/custom objs speed matters up?

Thanks

Hey

Im having similar issues getting reinforcements to spawn like you. On a 'big' full map battle (with 200-400 units) I think they start spawning in sooner.. but in my small mission everything kind of stalled like you say.

Ive been trying placing some non-profiled units groups along with Mil/Civ placements in ALiVE missions... seems to spice things up a bit and keep the battle active and moving. A few helis and a few infantry groups with waypoints.

Still love this mod.. just a bit of trial and error to make some really impressive missions.

Hey

Im having similar issues getting reinforcements to spawn like you. On a 'big' full map battle (with 200-400 units) I think they start spawning in sooner.. but in my small mission everything kind of stalled like you say.

Ive been trying placing some non-profiled units groups along with Mil/Civ placements in ALiVE missions... seems to spice things up a bit and keep the battle active and moving. A few helis and a few infantry groups with waypoints.

Still love this mod.. just a bit of trial and error to make some really impressive missions.

Be aware we are still in early alpha, and there is a lot of things that could be improved in future, we are still hard at work on ALiVE, and with all the feedback we get from you guys we will always be listening and making improvements.

Romeo, im not going to discuss that any further but but here is smething to read for you https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

The setunitability is defined first to set the defaults, and then the sekskill array kicks in to defines the detailed values you enter there

---------- Post added at 08:55 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Hey

Really happy that you like it! ALiVE enables very flexible methods to set up huge impressive and immersive missions with a few simple clicks - its a dynamic modular mission framework, that doesnt restrict you, so a little tweaking of your missions will still has to be done by you!

I've been having a lot of fun playing with ALiVE. I was really impressed when I used the CQB module on Fallujah and it just worked. It placed enemies on rooftops and they actually patrolled on them. It was really cool to see, especially on a user-created map. I really want to try placing civilians with it now, and I can't wait for more features and proper support for the civvies.

However, I'm looking for some suggestions. I used the military civilian placement module (mechanized infantry) alongside the CQB module to place enemies within a defined area, that being a few blocks on the edge of Fallujah. The CQB module was set to 10% and the military civ module was set to a platoon of 200 units. Enemies seemed few and far between despite that. We barely found a few of them, but it wasn't the intense battle I intended to have. They were really spread out and hard to find.

I'm just asking for a few suggestions, since this is a problem I've had since I started using ALiVE. I want to see more vehicle traffic and patrols. Telling the module to place 200 enemies seems like a lot, but there's not much to see, so I guess I'm doing something wrong. What would you suggest?

I've been having a lot of fun playing with ALiVE. I was really impressed when I used the CQB module on Fallujah and it just worked. It placed enemies on rooftops and they actually patrolled on them. It was really cool to see, especially on a user-created map. I really want to try placing civilians with it now, and I can't wait for more features and proper support for the civvies.

However, I'm looking for some suggestions. I used the military civilian placement module (mechanized infantry) alongside the CQB module to place enemies within a defined area, that being a few blocks on the edge of Fallujah. The CQB module was set to 10% and the military civ module was set to a platoon of 200 units. Enemies seemed few and far between despite that. We barely found a few of them, but it wasn't the intense battle I intended to have. They were really spread out and hard to find.

I'm just asking for a few suggestions, since this is a problem I've had since I started using ALiVE. I want to see more vehicle traffic and patrols. Telling the module to place 200 enemies seems like a lot, but there's not much to see, so I guess I'm doing something wrong. What would you suggest?

200 is not a lot, just crank up the placement numbers and have a look at the map in debug mode, to see if it suits your mission. Vehicle traffic and patrols are something we still need to work more on.

- - - CLAS - - -

- - - FLASH - - -

- - - 211130ZFEB14 - - -

- - -MESSAGE BEGINS - - -

21st Feb 2014

ALiVE Commumity

Intel reports suggest incoming update of ALiVE, exact time is currently unknown.

All units are expected to be in a state of readiness to receive the update.

- - - END OF MESSAGE - - -

yaT923QqaWdy53Vc7Y7fSw51GNXD15VGGmpUpvlcYxY32Gwm3_-tTWji8k8SccpTk9NSRVkS_egZn2obtwGO68vGS4yBJDnR53osWkazThm6mHBvkLfWBDB2

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent campaign for ArmA3

We are happy to release the latest update for ALiVE, which mainly adresses usability issues and bugs, that - thanks to you all - have been stated in here, on our bug tracker or by our closed testers.

Furthermore it enables the possibility to run ALiVE on the unofficial "perf"-server binaries and A3 DEV branch (e.g. ZEUS)!

This release is meant to be a service release, so its not that huge, see our changelog for further details!

simple pic of ZEUS with ALiVE from DEV branch:

2elurth.jpg

Please click on spoiler for changelog:

- Release Build 0.5.8

* 1402211 changelog

[MIL/CIV PLACEMENT] Changed version-mismatch-check to only warning and not quit (to provide support for "perf" server binaries, and dev branch incl. ZEUS).

Mind you still get a warning, but MIL/CIV MP modules and OPCOM will work! Take into account that we cannot and will not provide any support for anything other than A3 stable branch, A3 DEV is highly unstable!

[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Fixes & Features:

- Callsign not displayed in chat

- ROE and RTB not set correctly after Insertion was used

- Grid References are now stated

- added ability to use TFR backpacks

- Changed lowest possible insertion height to 5m

[MIL_CQB / CIV & MIL PLACEMENT] fixes & Changes:

- TAOR and Blacklist broke in SP and HOST, if several MIL modules (CQB/MP) shared the same marker

- Changed name Density to Probability on CQB (as its less misleading)

- Changed name Whitelist to TAOR on CQB (to be in line with MP modules)

[MIL_CQB] fixed:

- Civilians spawned in as EAST

[sYS_ADMINACTIONS]

- integrated CQB debug (toggle)

- changed activating virtual profile debug to service bus async method (fixes freeze and _idvx script error)

Download: Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com or PlayWithSix

Disclaimer

We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker here.

Work In Progress

SYS_Data, SYS_Statistics and SYS_Performance are now in the second testing iteration, Tupolov is highly engaged with the testers feedbacks on sys_data!

Also currently in the works are Virtual Profiles & OPCOM Persistence, Civilians, Revive, and Realtime Maps for the ALiVE Warroom!

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with feedback and bug report - and of course to our dedicated testing team!

Stay tuned for more!

Is there any support for Zeus yet ? Like being able to drop Alive Modules in Zeus or controlling Alive units with Zeus ?

If Zeus works, and ALiVE works ... then Zeus with ALiVE will work! Check today's changleog for DEV branch for controlling people in Zeus. You will need to add the Remote Control module for Zeus into your mission.

ARJay and highhead. I really appreciate the time and effort you two put into answering my questions about the AIskill module and AI ability,skill and subskills. Especially since it could really appear to be unrelated to the theme of this thread as it is. I wanted to thank you because it has helped me to understand much more how these different settings interact with one another. Especially helpful was the last link highhead posted. While it did seem unrelated to the general theme of the thread, what I was trying to figure out was whether to use both the min. and max. ability and the skillsubset fields in the module. It seems like after some experimentation (trust me I will be doing more) that if you set the minimum and maximum fields to 0 (zero) you get much more refined control of all of the other subskills. The drawback is that all units are virtually the same skill. However this is not a major drawback as a variety of different situations during combat provides plenty of unpredictability. If you do set the minimum and maximum values or even leave them at their defaults it seems you actually get some variety of skill levels from unit to unit which if this bears true is awesome. Once again my thanks to all of the responses to my previous posts. I will do my best to search through and find answers on my own. And in the future keep my posts within the main framework of the thread. One of my fellow Arma 3 compatriots put it well, "Alive is the future of Arma". I couldn't agree more. Love this mod and Keep up the good work. Cheers!

ARJay and highhead..... HUGE LONG UNBROKEN PARAGRAPH. Cheers!

Romeo, if you want more control over unique units I can highly recommend ASR_AI3. It allows us to manually set unique skill properties for each type of unit. Happy to provide our HPP for reference below...

Note we play on VETERAN so this might not be the right level for you, and is easily tweaked to suit

/*
ASR AI3 settings
this file must be found in <game folder>\userconfig\asr_ai3\
for most settings, 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled

All config entries are turned into global variables following a standard naming scheme. For example:
asr_ai3_skillsets_nightspotting = getNumber (configFile >> "asr_ai3" >> "skillsets" >> "nightspotting")
Mission makers can control these features by setting these global variables in init.sqf or by setting
a similar asr_ai3 class in description.ext
*/

class asr_ai3 {

class sysdanger {
	enabled = 0;                   // All the other settings of this class matter only if we have 1 here
	debug = 0;                     // Log extra debugging info to RPT, create debug markers and hints (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
	civ = 0;                       // Enable features for civilian units
	radionet = 1;                  // AI groups share known enemy locations over radio
	radiorange = 500;              // Maximum range for AI radios
	seekcover = 1;                 // Set to 1 if AI should move to near cover in combat when they're exposed in the open, 0 to disable.
	throwsmoke = 0.8;              // AI throws smoke when advancing to cover (set 0 to disable or a number up to 1 to enable, higher number means better chance to do it)
	reactions[] = {1,1,1};         // Infantry groups will randomly react with basic, scripted, random actions, to detecting the enemy or being shot at;
	                               // format: {enableAttack,enableDefend,enableSupport}
	gunshothearing = 0.8;          // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)
	joinlastunit = 1;              // Groups left with only one unit merge with nearest group of the same faction (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
	removegimps = 300;             // Units unable to walk for this time will separate from their group to prevent slowing it down (time in seconds, set 0 to disable)
	usebuildings = 0.9;            // Chance the AI group will enter nearby buildings when in combat mode (0 to 1 values, 0 will disable the feature)
};

class sysaiskill {
	enabled = 1;                   // Override AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.)
	hitcoef = 0.33;                // Reduce skills when unit is hit; for example if hitcoef = 0.75, each skill value will be reduced to 75%
	                               // With each hit, unit's skills will be reduced until a minimum value of 0.1 is reached; to disable this feature, set hitcoef = 1;
	debug = 0;                     // Log skill assignments to RPT (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
	civ = 1;                       // Enable skill overrides for civilians
	dynsvd = 1;                    // Enable dynamic viewdistance adjustment based on sun elevation and fog thickness on dedicated servers and headless clients

/*
	Units are classified into skill sets between 1 and 10
	By default, a lower level number means a better skilled unit
	Levels 8-10 are special:
	 - 8-9 are for pilots, very good by default, but some of their skills are now automatically reduced when they leave the aircraft (aimingshake, courage)
	 - 10 is for trained snipers
	*/
	class sets {
		// only classes of arrays under this
		class level_0 { // super-AI (only used for testing)
			aiming[]   = {1.00, 0.00};
			spotting[] = {1.00, 0.00};
			general[]  = {1.00, 0.00};
			units[] = { // add class names to this to override their default (or inherited) skill set
			};
		};
		class level_1 { // sf 1
			aiming[]   = {0.50, 0.20}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};
			spotting[] = {0.70, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.80, 0.20};
			units[] = {
			};
		};
		class level_2 { // sf 2
			aiming[]   = {0.40, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.60, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.70, 0.20};
			units[] = {
				"O_recon_F","O_recon_M_F","O_recon_LAT_F","O_recon_medic_F","O_recon_exp_F","O_recon_JTAC_F","O_recon_TL_F","O_mas_afr_rusadv1_F","O_mas_afr_rusadv2_F","O_mas_afr_rusadv3_F"
			};
		};
		class level_3 { // regular 1
			aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.40, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.60, 0.20};
			units[] = {
				"I_Soldier_M_F","I_Spotter_F","O_soldier_M_F","O_spotter_F","DRI_Marksman","CAF_AG_ME_SVD"
			};
		};
		class level_4 { // regular 2
			aiming[]   = {0.15, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.30, 0.20};
			units[] = {
				"I_Soldier_F","I_soldier_exp_F","I_Soldier_GL_F","I_soldier_repair_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F","I_Soldier_AR_F","I_Soldier_lite_F","I_Soldier_A_F","I_Soldier_SL_F","I_Soldier_TL_F","I_Soldier_AT_F","I_Soldier_AA_F","I_medic_F","I_engineer_F","I_crew_F","I_officer_F","I_diver_F","I_diver_exp_F","I_diver_TL_F","I_Soldier_AAR_F","I_Soldier_AAT_F","I_Soldier_AAA_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_lite_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_Soldier_AR_F","O_Soldier_SL_F","O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_LAT_F","O_medic_F","O_soldier_repair_F","O_soldier_exp_F","O_diver_F","O_diver_TL_F","O_diver_exp_F","O_Soldier_A_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_engineer_F","O_crew_F","O_officer_F","O_Soldier_AAR_F","O_Soldier_AAT_F","O_Soldier_AAA_F","I_mas_afr_recon_F","I_mas_afr_recon_AR_F","I_mas_afr_recon_LAT_F","I_mas_afr_recon_LAA_F","I_mas_afr_recon_exp_F","I_mas_afr_recon_medic_F","I_mas_afr_recon_TL_F","I_mas_afr_recon_M_F","I_mas_afr_recon_JTAC_F","DRI_SquadLeader"
			};
		};
		class level_5 { // militia or trained insurgents, former regulars
			aiming[]   = {0.10, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.20, 0.20};
			units[] = {
"I_mas_afr_Soldier_F","I_mas_afr_Soldier_GL_F","I_mas_afr_soldier_AR_F","I_mas_afr_soldier_MG_F","I_mas_afr_Soldier_lite_F","I_mas_afr_Soldier_off_F","I_mas_afr_Soldier_off_Fn","I_mas_afr_Soldier_SL_F","I_mas_afr_Soldier_TL_F","I_mas_afr_soldier_M_F","I_mas_afr_soldier_LAT_F","I_mas_afr_soldier_LAA_F","I_mas_afr_medic_F","I_mas_afr_soldier_repair_F","I_mas_afr_soldier_exp_F","O_mas_afr_Soldier_F","O_mas_afr_Soldier_GL_F","O_mas_afr_soldier_AR_F","O_mas_afr_soldier_MG_F","O_mas_afr_Soldier_lite_F","O_mas_afr_Soldier_off_F","O_mas_afr_Soldier_SL_F","O_mas_afr_Soldier_TL_Fn","O_mas_afr_soldier_M_F","O_mas_afr_soldier_LAT_F","O_mas_afr_soldier_LAA_F","O_mas_afr_medic_F","O_mas_afr_soldier_repair_F","O_mas_afr_soldier_exp_F","O_mas_afr_recon_F","O_mas_afr_recon_LAT_F","O_mas_afr_recon_LAA_F","O_mas_afr_recon_exp_F","O_mas_afr_recon_medic_F","O_mas_afr_recon_TL_F","O_mas_afr_recon_AR_F","O_mas_afr_recon_M_F","O_mas_afr_recon_JTAC_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel1_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel2_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel3_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel4_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel5_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel6_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel6a_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel7_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel8_F","O_mas_afr_Rebel8a_F","DRI_Rifleman","DRI_MachineGunner","DRI_AutomaticRifleman","DRI_Grenadier","DRI_ATSoldier","DRI_RPG7Soldier","DRI_AASoldier","DRI_Medic","DRI_Crewman","DRI_RPG7Grenadier","CAF_AG_ME_AA","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK74","CAF_AG_ME_PK","CAF_AG_ME_RPK","CAF_AG_ME_RPG","CAF_AG_ME_GL"
			};
		};
		class level_6 { // civilians with some military training
			spotting[] = {0.10, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.50, 0.20};
			units[] = {
			};
		};
		class level_7 { // civilians without military training
			spotting[] = {0.10, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.40, 0.20};
			units[] = {
			};
		};
		class level_8 { // pilot 1
			aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.60, 0.20};
			units[] = {
			};
		};
		class level_9 { // pilot 2
			aiming[]   = {0.15, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.50, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.50, 0.20};
			units[] = {
				"I_helipilot_F","I_helicrew_F","O_helipilot_F"
			};
		};
		class level_10 { // sniper
			aiming[]   = {0.60, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.70, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.70, 0.20};
			units[] = {
				"I_Sniper_F","O_sniper_F"
			};
		};
	};//sets

// apply skill coefficient by faction to the skills the units would get based on their skill levels and settings above
	// if a faction is missing the coefficient is assumed to be 1
	class factions {

class BLU_F { // BLUFOR A3A
			coef = 1.1;
		};
		class OPF_F { // OPFOR A3A
			coef = 0.9;
		};
		class IND_F { // A3 Guerrilla
			coef = 1.0;
		};
		class IND_G_F { // Greek Army
			coef = 1.0;
		};

class USMC { // US Marine Corps
			coef = 1.1;
		};
		class CDF { // Chernarussian Defence Forces
			coef = 0.9;
		};
		class RU { // Russia
			coef = 1.0;
		};
		class INS { // Chedaki Insurgents
			coef = 1.0;
		};
		class GUE { // NAPA Guerilla
			coef = 1.0;
		};

class BIS_TK { // Takistani Army
			coef = 0.9;
		};
		class BIS_TK_INS { // Takistani Insurgents
			coef = 1.0;
		};
		class BIS_US { // US Army
			coef = 1.1;
		};
		class BIS_CZ { // Czech
			coef = 1.1;
		};
		class BIS_GER { // Germany
			coef = 1.0;
		};
		class BIS_TK_GUE { // Takistani Guerilla
			coef = 1.0;
		};
		class BIS_UN { // UNO
			coef = 0.9;
		};
		class PMC_BAF { // Private military
			coef = 1.1;
		};
		class BIS_BAF { // UK
			coef = 1.1;
		};

};//factions

};//skillsets

version = 2; // will increment this when structure changes

/// CHANGES ///

// v2
 // new class names, removed nightspotting, added hitcoef

};

This is ideal for Profiled ALiVE units as it will apply the correct skill type for a sniper versus a grunt etc etc.

Note I have turned OFF the other AI elements at line

enabled = 0;                   // All the other settings of this class matter only if we have 1 here

This is so it doesn't potentially conflict with bCombat

Only slight downside to this system is that CQB spawned units are spawned client side so unless your buddies are all running the EXACT same settings you will not apply server AI values. I believe this is being worked on as a selectable feature i.e. Server/HC/Client

Hope that helps

SJ

Edited by serjames

At work and cant really dig through to much, but are the support modules and stuff working now?

If i just want to play a whole island take over are there missions out there for this ?

thanks

At work and cant really dig through to much, but are the support modules and stuff working now?

If i just want to play a whole island take over are there missions out there for this ?

thanks

What do you mean by are the Support Modules and stuff working now?

We have example missions up on our website alivemod.com

200 is not a lot, just crank up the placement numbers and have a look at the map in debug mode, to see if it suits your mission. Vehicle traffic and patrols are something we still need to work more on.

Oh, I thought 200 sounded like a ton of enemies. I don't think I've ever played a mission with 200 hostiles. As far as traffic goes, I guess that's my mistake. I thought there was some support for military traffic

I'll keep tweaking and playing, thanks

Hope that helps

SJ

Thanks for the example parameters for ASR_AI - I'd been thinking about giving this a try but haven't had time. The example will be very useful.

Thanks for the example parameters for ASR_AI - I'd been thinking about giving this a try but haven't had time. The example will be very useful.

Hoping that people will share these kinds of things more as they don't come pre-configured - someone shared theirs with me and just passing it on (improved of course ;-P)

New update v0.5.8.1402211 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@alive.png