wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is there a method to test for either alive profiles or sector ownership? I have multiple player respawn points in my mission and would like to limit them by occupation (i.e. can only use as long as area is under blufor control). Using vanilla AI could use a trigger to detect that opfor were not present but since most of my opfor are alive profiles this won't work. So in a nutshell I need to find a method to disable a blufor respawn location as long as there are opfor (and/or opfor profiles) present. Being able to disable if opfor "own" the sector the respawn is located in would also suffice, restoring the point if/when blufor again take possession. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Take a look here http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets

seems like the arma3server.exe is outdated, should be 1.10.0.114700. switching to a3 dev branch /download / back to stable / download / should update the server exe.

Ohhh ehm...you're right....sorry -,- Going to test it out ^^

Is there a method to test for either alive profiles or sector ownership? I have multiple player respawn points in my mission and would like to limit them by occupation (i.e. can only use as long as area is under blufor control). Using vanilla AI could use a trigger to detect that opfor were not present but since most of my opfor are alive profiles this won't work. So in a nutshell I need to find a method to disable a blufor respawn location as long as there are opfor (and/or opfor profiles) present. Being able to disable if opfor "own" the sector the respawn is located in would also suffice, restoring the point if/when blufor again take possession. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

oktabyr, i posted it several times, but just for you ill do it again:

custom objectives and trigger script snippets - actually exactly the one you are looking fpr - to be found on our wiki :)

scavage, you crosspusher :)

seems like the arma3server.exe is outdated, should be 1.10.0.114700. switching to a3 dev branch /download / back to stable / download / should update the server exe.

By the way, Perf Binary 5 render ALiVe unresponsive and is tagged as 1.10.114486 while its actually 1.10.114.700.

oktabyr, i posted it several times, but just for you ill do it again:

custom objectives and trigger script snippets - actually exactly the one you are looking fpr - to be found on our wiki :)

scavage, you crosspusher :)

Yup! Thanks! It works excellent! Some how I missed that particular snippet the last time I was on the wiki. :)

Is there a similar test for sector control too?

Edited by Oktyabr

Yup! Thanks! It works excellent! Some how I missed that particular snippet the last time I was on the wiki. :)

Is there a similar test for sector control too?

Sector control is not really a thing at the moment. currently its just using code like those triggers to determine if there are profiles within a sector. We will be adding additional features to this in the future, with info like time sector held etc to make that info more valuable.

Hi!

I was curious is there anyway to make all profiled units move to an objective.. instead of just the 2-3 groups that it default sends?

The mission Im trying to make is just a small 1 placement vs 1 placement (60 units each) battle.

Sometimes I do a 'Random' or 'Light Inf' force placement.. and it will send a small 2 man patrol as a 'group' to attack the obj. Obviously Id rather it send a proper squad. It sends squads too.. but I guess it will send the 2-3 closest profiled groups that spawn to the objective?

I also want it to be an all out offensive instead of having only a small portion of each army advancing on each other. I want everyone to attack.. but still have reinforcements coming from my Mil/Civ placements when groups go down.

Would it be better to use more placed unit groups with attack waypoints and have a smaller Mil/Civ force amount for defending the objectives? (I apologize.. still new to the ArmA editor. I like to use ALiVE as much as I can... but maybe what Im asking for could be done in as easier way without it)

No problems with this mod just looking for some tips to use it better in my missions :)

Another quick question.. will units not equipped with NVGs not move on an objective until its daylight? I started a mission at 4:00 and my units didnt start moving towards the objective until ~4:25. When I started the mission with the sun already up they moved right away. These units did not all have NVGs equipped (Hezbollah). Standard NATO units didnt move against me either until daylight (I think they all have NVGs?)

Thanks again for this great mod!

OK, so other people can get the 110.114700 arma3server.exe from Steam?

As for the admin/player menu, I still can't get it to work by binding a key to user action 20 (I've tried just about any key). Admin module and player tag module are both active.

If we're talking about player tags, maybe consider adding an option in the player tags module to have it on by default? For now, since I can't get the menu to work, I can't get the tags to work either, and even if the menu was working, it'd be best if I could let people not open it up every time they join in order to turn the tags on.

Hi!

I was curious is there anyway to make all profiled units move to an objective.. instead of just the 2-3 groups that it default sends?

The mission Im trying to make is just a small 1 placement vs 1 placement (60 units each) battle.

Sometimes I do a 'Random' or 'Light Inf' force placement.. and it will send a small 2 man patrol as a 'group' to attack the obj. Obviously Id rather it send a proper squad. It sends squads too.. but I guess it will send the 2-3 closest profiled groups that spawn to the objective?

I also want it to be an all out offensive instead of having only a small portion of each army advancing on each other. I want everyone to attack.. but still have reinforcements coming from my Mil/Civ placements when groups go down.

Would it be better to use more placed unit groups with attack waypoints and have a smaller Mil/Civ force amount for defending the objectives? (I apologize.. still new to the ArmA editor. I like to use ALiVE as much as I can... but maybe what Im asking for could be done in as easier way without it)

No problems with this mod just looking for some tips to use it better in my missions :)

Another quick question.. will units not equipped with NVGs not move on an objective until its daylight? I started a mission at 4:00 and my units didnt start moving towards the objective until ~4:25. When I started the mission with the sun already up they moved right away. These units did not all have NVGs equipped (Hezbollah). Standard NATO units didnt move against me either until daylight (I think they all have NVGs?)

Currently there is no option to force OPCOM into an all out attack. You could just not use an OPCOM and place editor units with waypoints towards your objective at various locations on the map, and set them all to be profiled, that way you could have waves of attackers depending on when they arrive at the location, and still have the benefit of profiling, you would not get reinforcements with this option.

You could also setup a 2 faction attack with the option above and another faction with OPCOM and Logistics so you would get a somewhat prolonged invasion.

NVG's won't have any effect on profiled groups, but may?? be something that the engine is doing, not sure!

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

OK, so other people can get the 110.114700 arma3server.exe from Steam?

As for the admin/player menu, I still can't get it to work by binding a key to user action 20 (I've tried just about any key). Admin module and player tag module are both active.

If we're talking about player tags, maybe consider adding an option in the player tags module to have it on by default? For now, since I can't get the menu to work, I can't get the tags to work either, and even if the menu was working, it'd be best if I could let people not open it up every time they join in order to turn the tags on.

Not sure why your binding is not working, we have had a few reports on this front, are you using the A10 mod by any chance?

Hi all,

I updated my client to Alive v1.10.114700 all my missions run fine on my box when I host them. However I also updated my dedicated server by completely removing the files and installing the updated ALiVE v1.10.114700 however anytime I run a server it says my (client) version of ALiVE is v1.10.114700 is incompatible with the server that shows aan older version 1.10.114486 (i think may be wrong). I restarted that server but not the whole box since we have three other servers running and TS.

Has anyone ran into any issues like this?

Thanks for the tip about the Farooq's revive. I found a script correction so now the hybrid version of Farooq's I have works good with the exception of it not cleaning up the player body right away. But hey I can live with that and I'm sure the garbage collector will pick it up eventually. Question1: What do the minimum and maximum ability fields do in the AIskill module? I have my custom factions set and I keep tweaking the other values but I am having a hard time finding the right balance. Question2: I have a 10% density 250 spawn range set for town only CQB without any additional density set in the second field and the area is pretty white listed and blacklisted into two large towns. (looks good with debug on, it's populating where I want it too) and i have one 30 unit milp in the same restricted area. The server fps is great. But my client fps seems to drag down to 25-30 fps when I get close to cqb areas from 40-45 when I am not. I should also add that my profile units is set to 1000m and 20 units max. Is this normal? I know it's going to get better but wanted make sure I have done everything I can to get the best frame rate. From what i have picked up the CQB puts more strain on client for now. Which leads to question #3: Does the profiler also put CQB spawns into virtual land or is the CQB spawn a different animal? Cheers!

Hi!

Hi guys,

I had a similar concerne i wanted to ask about about.Iv noticed that during a session with Alive,the "attack" starts to dissolve over time,after opcom sends its first wave to attack,it seems very slow for me at least,for it to assign more profiles to enemy placements.Last night i had a session of Alive-2 of my placements,four enemy placements about 4km away from each other, me-invasion, enemy occupation. T he result was my opcom sending 3 groups to each placement and custom obj,getting destroyed by enemy,and then nothing else move for a long time to keep the attack going.Infact another strange thing,it seemed as though Blufor got reinforcements after 20minutes of play,but my independant guys,took over 2 hours to get reinforced despite have a custom obj totally secure and initial placements secure.,and having most KIA.

My question is,is there any way for me to speed up reinforcments? And any way to dictate in the slightest how many/often opcom will attack the enemy. I did read the post im quoting obviosly,but to Arjay,it seems that placing units on the map by hand,and say giving them waypoints to attack say on a radio trigger,or a simple wait 20 minutes to move Waypoint-causes placements(civ) not to load during briefing.(I mean simply putting units down,clear from any bunkers or compromising positions or placements).

Will using less placemetns/custom objs speed matters up?

Thanks

By the way, Perf Binary 5 render ALiVe unresponsive and is tagged as 1.10.114486 while its actually 1.10.114.700.

Hi,

Im aware that some of those perf bins have a strange versioning, and sorry, nothing we can do about borked unofficial and unsupported version builds by BIS! I personally told dwarden on the very first "perf" server bin already that they should match the stable build, to not conflict with any versioning (that again has to be done to get around their frequent map object index changes). in upcoming update i have altered the warning so that ALiVE won't exit but just runs on, still the warning needs to be there

ALiVE always supports latest stable build, which is 114700 and available via steam! If someone missed the latest A3 hotfix i suggest to get that.

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

Hi all,

I updated my client to Alive v1.10.114700 all my missions run fine on my box when I host them. However I also updated my dedicated server by completely removing the files and installing the updated ALiVE v1.10.114700 however anytime I run a server it says my (client) version of ALiVE is v1.10.114700 is incompatible with the server that shows aan older version 1.10.114486 (i think may be wrong). I restarted that server but not the whole box since we have three other servers running and TS.

Has anyone ran into any issues like this?

hey,

to ensure its allright, we checked the latest arma3server.exe - it has also the 114700 version build.

Seems like you didnt get the latest update or running a serv binary with a different version build, switch to dev branch / download / switch back to stable / download to reset your arma3server.exe file to latest version.

Sure HighHead, was simply bringing it under to Perf binary users' attention so they know it's not on ALiVE's side.

Enjoying this immensely, especially the CBQ module thanks guys.

Had a quick look through the manual & this thread, but can't find any info on a 'simple' query :-

Managed to define the Admin button to Windows button via custom keys (wasn't working before on my UK board setup), by mapping to key 20.

Can you tell me which custom key number I need to define/change to get the interaction button functionality - I have a spare function/program button on the right side which isn't working as described & I need the number of the key command.

Cheers for any info...

Enjoying this immensely, especially the CBQ module thanks guys.

Had a quick look through the manual & this thread, but can't find any info on a 'simple' query :-

Managed to define the Admin button to Windows button via custom keys (wasn't working before on my UK board setup), by mapping to key 20.

Can you tell me which custom key number I need to define/change to get the interaction button functionality - I have a spare function/program button on the right side which isn't working as described & I need the number of the key command.

Cheers for any info...

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by Interaction Button Functionality, all of ALiVE Menu options are accessed via the default Windows App Key, or the Custom Key #20 set by the end user.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by Interaction Button Functionality, all of ALiVE Menu options are accessed via the default Windows App Key, or the Custom Key #20 set by the end user.

Thx for the reply Gunny - I was referring to the "Combat Support console via user interaction menu' as described on Page 13 of the menu. Also I assumed that this is where I'll see the orders given by the OFCOM to the player, but perhaps I'm doffing again....

^ all functions are done through the one custom key including Combat Support

Greetings, I have searched through the thread and have actually found this question being asked a few times but no response. I asked it as part of a three part question above. Since it is the question I really want the answer to the most I will ask it again here for the last time. What do the Minimum Ability and Maximum Ability fields do in the AIskill module??? I would greatly appreciate a response. Cheers!

hey,

to ensure its allright, we checked the latest arma3server.exe - it has also the 114700 version build.

Seems like you didnt get the latest update or running a serv binary with a different version build, switch to dev branch / download / switch back to stable / download to reset your arma3server.exe file to latest version.

Can you think of any other work around? Not sure if we can take our servers down for that long of time.

What do the Minimum Ability and Maximum Ability fields do in the AIskill module??? I would greatly appreciate a response. Cheers!

Allow you to set the range of AI skill applied to units? Not sure perhaps I'm not understanding your question...

Greetings, I have searched through the thread and have actually found this question being asked a few times but no response. I asked it as part of a three part question above. Since it is the question I really want the answer to the most I will ask it again here for the last time. What do the Minimum Ability and Maximum Ability fields do in the AIskill module??? I would greatly appreciate a response. Cheers!

Comrade, it is setting setUnitAbility on the unit! SetSkill Array is applied afterwards to fine tweak the settings. Actually if you want to get that deep i suggest you join the skype group!

Not sure why your binding is not working, we have had a few reports on this front, are you using the A10 mod by any chance?

No. And I never could get it to work with any ALiVE version.

As for arma3server.exe, deleting the file and then using "verify integrity of game cache" to re-download it fixed the version mismatch issue.