wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I bailed on the video after 2 mins. Is there something interesting you are showing with Alive here?

yeah, you can visualise and control all the ALiVE units (not only ZEIS ones), AND you missed the nuke (fixed some stuff) :)

LOL tup, crosspush :)

For the life of me I can't get caf_ag_afr faction to work anymore in a newly created mission while it's still profiled in a mission built like three weeks ago. :/

Would anybody else have faced that issue too and, even better, would have a solution?

I've got the same problem too mate, can't get the caf_ag_me units to spawn, not only that but it seems to just spawn opfor units with all kinds of tank support, despite giving them a light inf weighting.

Hi Alive team,

my Alive says things are not up to date.I beleive Arma3 just had some update tho i did not see it.

Are you guys running version 110. ?

Linkage, same "overweight" noticed here too.

RedArmy, 1.10.114.700 both server and clients.

HMMM i had a strange issue when using Clfghan map today.it said that Alive was not up to date,but it works ok on every other map. is this normal?

sorry to report the same issue as JaySmizzle, screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/tG5tQ#2

Ensure one BL marker is used by only one module and every module has its own BL markers! With upcoming update you can also share BL across modules! PS you can also make a ticket on our tracker, just make sure your mission has only CBA and alive so we can reproduce it!

Ensure one BL marker is used by only one module and every module has its own BL markers! With upcoming update you can also share BL across modules! PS you can also make a ticket on our tracker, just make sure your mission has only CBA and alive so we can reproduce it!

I'll have to wait for the next update then I guess because I am only using one BL marker for each module and every module has its own BL markers. I've tried many different things:

1st example:

One BL marker for first MP. Second BL marker for second MP.

2nd example:

One BL marker for first MP. No markers for second MP.

In both cases the first MP still spawns all over the map, even in the designated BL marker.

I'll have to wait for the next update then I guess because I am only using one BL marker for each module and every module has its own BL markers. I've tried many different things:

1st example:

One BL marker for first MP. Second BL marker for second MP.

2nd example:

One BL marker for first MP. No markers for second MP.

In both cases the first MP still spawns all over the map, even in the designated BL marker.

please post your mish to our tracker, i will take a look at it! This has been well tested and a core feature thats working without a hitch for me, so im sure i will get it working, just remove all addons please and post to our tracker!

please post your mish to our tracker, i will take a look at it! This has been well tested and a core feature thats working without a hitch for me, so im sure i will get it working, just remove all addons please and post to our tracker!

If it's working for you and most other people then it probably has to do with my addons (I'm using a bunch of them) so it's probably not worth exploring at this point. Thanks for the help though.

I read on the tutorial videos on youtube comments that the support tablet is button #20? what is button #20? Why is it not tied to the action menu? Would make it easier to use for newer Alive users. I read through the whole user manual, and it didnt even say what button it was.

it's custom action 20 check your key config and the custom defined keys are there at the bottom, I think that as default it's your windows key anyway..

SJ

Please see the Wiki FAQ here for info. It defaults to Right Windows key. Some users do not have a Right Windows key on their keyb, so you can optionally bind the ALIVE Menu to a different key by sticking it on User Key 20 in the game options (and restarting the game).

Please see the Wiki FAQ here for info. It defaults to Right Windows key. Some users do not have a Right Windows key on their keyb, so you can optionally bind the ALIVE Menu to a different key by sticking it on User Key 20 in the game options (and restarting the game).

Yes ... it used to work, but no more. I guess I'll create all the scenarios again from scratch with the most current ALiVE module with Arma3 vanilla and go from there. Its like it doesn't like an update or mod I'm loading.

Yes ... it used to work, but no more. I guess I'll create all the scenarios again from scratch with the most current ALiVE module with Arma3 vanilla and go from there. Its like it doesn't like an update or mod I'm loading.

Are you using the A10c mod by any chance?

I keep getting a huge annoying error at the bottom of the screen

"[bIS_fnc_selectRandom] Array has no elements."

It covers the whole bottom portion of the screen and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything else. It's extremely annoying and I can't figure out what I did wrong, but it only happens in ALiVE missions I try to make. How can I figure out what's wrong, or how can I fix it?

Also, how do I stop the big green "Occupied" circles from appearing on the map? I haven't set for anything to appear on the map, but they still show up. It's almost as annoying as the error, as I don't want any players to get any information from the AI.

Edited by GDent

I keep getting a huge annoying error at the bottom of the screen

"[bIS_fnc_selectRandom] Array has no elements."

It covers the whole bottom portion of the screen and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything else. It's extremely annoying and I can't figure out what I did wrong, but it only happens in ALiVE missions I try to make. How can I figure out what's wrong, or how can I fix it?

Also, how do I stop the big green "Occupied" circles from appearing on the map? I haven't set for anything to appear on the map, but they still show up. It's almost as annoying as the error, as I don't want any players to get any information from the AI.

No idea about the first one, you will need to reproduce it in a vanilla mission (no mods barring CBA and ALiVE) and upload it to our tracker. The occupied circles - you must have debug switched on on the OPCOM module.

enableDebug is set to "no" in the opcom module. I really can't understand why the marker is still showing up. I checked every module and debug is set to "no" for all of them.

As far as the error goes, I'll try disabling all the mods I'm not using while I make this mission, but I would hope that it doesn't continue to show the error on the dedicated server.

enableDebug is set to "no" in the opcom module. I really can't understand why the marker is still showing up. I checked every module and debug is set to "no" for all of them.

As far as the error goes, I'll try disabling all the mods I'm not using while I make this mission, but I would hope that it doesn't continue to show the error on the dedicated server.

You probably have a mil intelligence module placed in that case, as it's job is to display intelligence on the map.

That would make sense, but does the intel module only inform players? I thought it could help the AI as well, which would be useful for this mission. If it's just for players, I'll remove it.

Thanks a lot, by the way

That would make sense, but does the intel module only inform players? I thought it could help the AI as well, which would be useful for this mission. If it's just for players, I'll remove it.

Thanks a lot, by the way

Yep the intel module's only job is to display map intel to players, so if you want the map to be blank do not include it.

Alright, I've tried disabling every single mod except the following:

@A3MP

@acre

@ALiVE

@av_mods (player units I'm using for this mission)

@JayArma3Lib

@mrb_a3_voicestop

@UOCBA_A3

I'm still getting the error "[bIS_fnc_selectRandom] Array has no elements." covering the entire bottom part of the screen, extremely extremely annoying, no idea what's causing it. It happens every time enemies load in from the profiling system, so when I get in range for them to spawn the error starts exploding the bottom part of my screen.

any ideas?

EDIT: Upon further investigation, the ALiVE CQB module is causing the error 100% of the time. I've tried altering its parameters, but it still causes the error. If I remove the module, the error stops occurring. I tried changing different settings and changing factions, but it still shows the error. Enabling or disabling debug doesn't help at all. No idea what to do about it. The CQB module is very nice and it would be a gargantuan disappointment if I would have to forego using it due to an annoying error

Edited by GDent