wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thanks for your reply Spooky. I probably could have handled that better myself.. it has been a long day.

SpookyGuru,

Did you read any of the docs, or watch any of the video's? Mysteriously I managed to get it to work by doing so, and I have multiple Combat Support elements in my mission working flawlessly.

Coming on and whinging like that really does you no credit at all. That you didn't get rougher treatment at the hands of the poor guys developing this mod you should be grateful for.

SpookyGuru,

Did you read any of the docs, or watch any of the video's? Mysteriously I managed to get it to work by doing so, and I have multiple Combat Support elements in my mission working flawlessly.

Coming on and whinging like that really does you no credit at all. That you didn't get rougher treatment at the hands of the poor guys developing this mod you should be grateful for.

Read my posts again and then try and understand what my point actually was and what frustrated me!

I got it sorted, savage understood my point! Move on fanboy! I have!

Oh and last i saw, my name isn't "spookyguru"!

Edited by SpookyGnu

Hello

I have a small problem. I have created one Mission with just very small insertion of Alive. (Just place Units) i have a marker where Units will be placed by Alive. This is working like expected. But just on my Computer. I copy this Mission to our Dedicated Server and Alive will not spawn any units in the Mission (Yes Alive is installed on the Server)

Any Idea why this happens?

Thank you

Michael

ALiVE New missions added! Insurgency ALiVE, AS Alamo, and the Scavengers

Insurgency ALiVE

This is an Insurgency template based on the ALiVE-mod. Based on the classic A2 Insurgency, find intel and destroy weapons caches. Offered to the ArmA 3 community as a template to fit your (community's) ArmA 3 needs. Easy to adapt to any map, feel free to edit!

AS Alamo

This mission shows some handy things for scripters working with ALiVE, custom blacklists, custom location spawn script. Features Aggressors from CAF, and AIS Wounding System from [TcB]-Psycho, and custom scripted radio messages

The Scavengers

Scavenge weapons and vehicles to continue the resistance! You start with a pistol and very limited supplies, can you gather the resources to survive in a hostile land?

These are great, thanks man! all very cool missions especially Insurgency :)

Hello

I have a small problem. I have created one Mission with just very small insertion of Alive. (Just place Units) i have a marker where Units will be placed by Alive. This is working like expected. But just on my Computer. I copy this Mission to our Dedicated Server and Alive will not spawn any units in the Mission (Yes Alive is installed on the Server)

As you describe the problem it seems pretty strange it does that. So I have to ask, did you turn on debugging and what does it say? What does the .rpt say?

These are great, thanks man! all very cool missions especially Insurgency :)

Thanks! Don't forget it is a template, a small one I might add. So you can add tons of your own flavoring.

Might have missed it, is there anyway to disable the Alt-T teleport for non admin players... ?

SJ

ALT-T is the teleport to team key combination used in MCC. Maybe you mix things up? The use of it can be restricted through MCC by the way. (mission settings).

maxon, yeah - turn on debug on all modules you use please! If nuttn helps, post rpt to our tracker please!

Enjoy

ALT-T is the teleport to team key combination used in MCC. Maybe you mix things up? The use of it can be restricted through MCC by the way. (mission settings).

Ahhh Good spot Spirit - but how is this working on the public as you know we have MCC disabled there ?

This mod is awesome but it would be even better if you removed the "_error = true;" statement in civ_placement and mil_placement så the modules work even when you don't meet the targeted version.

Kinda hard to host @alive on linux dedicated because the linux version lags behind.

Or you could make it a configurable parameter so you could override the version check.

Thanks! Don't forget it is a template, a small one I might add. So you can add tons of your own flavoring.

Re: Your Insurgency ALIVE mission, awesome!

Ive been playing it too.. a few questions. Does it actually add 'Weapons Caches' somewhere in the enemy placement locations for me to find?

I have also been trying to tweak the enemy placement marker so they only spawn in a smaller area of the map instead all of Altis.. this seems to break the mission for me. Any tips?

Sry Im new to ArmA and have only started learning the editor using Alive and some other simple modules.

Thanks!

This mod is awesome but it would be even better if you removed the "_error = true;" statement in civ_placement and mil_placement så the modules work even when you don't meet the targeted version.

Kinda hard to host @alive on linux dedicated because the linux version lags behind.

Or you could make it a configurable parameter so you could override the version check.

Good point King, we might add a toggle so you can turn off the version checking. You should be able to run maps other than altis and stratis for now though with AiA or A3MP.

Ive been playing it too.. a few questions.

Fire away!

Does it actually add 'Weapons Caches' somewhere in the enemy placement locations for me to find?

Like in the "Original" Insurgency the caches are placed in houses in towns. The house with potential caches or intel are distinguished by either red or green markers.

I have also been trying to tweak the enemy placement marker so they only spawn in a smaller area of the map instead all of Altis.. this seems to break the mission for me. Any tips?

What did you do to break it?

As for the CQB, this covers the entire island except for the base up north (due to a blacklist marker). If you want to restrict the area CQB spawns in sync it to Mil/Civ placement manager and assign the area you want to.

HOWEVER

The scripts that marks the towns and places the intel and caches are true to the original and covers the entire island. It ignores the TAORs you've specified for ALiVE due the nature of the scripts involved. So its everything on nothing I'm afraid.

Sry Im new to ArmA and have only started learning the editor using Alive and some other simple modules.

NP. Try stuff and see what you get in return. It will be a roller-coaster ride... :)

Hello guys, is there a way to have a unit exempt from the command of OPCOM? Thank you!

do not let it be profiled. depending upon your setting in the profile module, you either want to sync it with the profile module or not.

if the profile module is set to 'profile all editor units except synced units' then sync it to the profile module and it will not get picked up.

if the profile module is set to 'profile only synced units' then do not sync it to the profile module and it will not get picked up.

hi lighert,

just so you know the insurgency mission appears to have mpsf commands (patrol ops 3) in the init of the arty still there.

otherwise great job on that one, looking forward to playing it with a bunch of guys over a few hours.

do not let it be profiled. depending upon your setting in the profile module, you either want to sync it with the profile module or not.

if the profile module is set to 'profile all editor units except synced units' then sync it to the profile module and it will not get picked up.

if the profile module is set to 'profile only synced units' then do not sync it to the profile module and it will not get picked up.

But by doing this wont i be disabling on the units i do not want the Command mode to take action, that cool Alive future of despawing and respaowing unit based on my set distance due to distance? Thx

But by doing this wont i be disabling on the units i do not want the Command mode to take action, that cool Alive future of despawing and respaowing unit based on my set distance due to distance? Thx

OPCOM takes control of all profile units for a faction at the moment, so if you don't want OPCOM to control units you would need to do as lighert says and do not profile them. Or you could use another faction that does not have an OPCOM assigned to it.

I understand! So are you guys working on add a feature to disable only on OPCOM? by the way great addon guys! keep up the good work.

Edited by Odyseus

Fire away!

Like in the "Original" Insurgency the caches are placed in houses in towns. The house with potential caches or intel are distinguished by either red or green markers.

What did you do to break it?

As for the CQB, this covers the entire island except for the base up north (due to a blacklist marker). If you want to restrict the area CQB spawns in sync it to Mil/Civ placement manager and assign the area you want to.

HOWEVER

The scripts that marks the towns and places the intel and caches are true to the original and covers the entire island. It ignores the TAORs you've specified for ALiVE due the nature of the scripts involved. So its everything on nothing I'm afraid.

NP. Try stuff and see what you get in return. It will be a roller-coaster ride... :)

Hey! Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

I was just trying to change the size of the opfor TAOR marker.. it didnt work after that. If there are scripts and stuff I understand why it wouldnt work, no worries!

(I thought the whole mission was done with ALIVE modules..if only lol)

Edited by Canox

OPCOM takes control of all profile units for a faction at the moment, so if you don't want OPCOM to control units you would need to do as lighert says and do not profile them. Or you could use another faction that does not have an OPCOM assigned to it.

I understand! So are you guys working on add a feature to disable only on OPCOM?

I understand! So are you guys working on add a feature to disable only on OPCOM?

Not working on anything about that at the moment, perhaps in future if enough people request it.

ALiVE Convoy Hell

"We'll find out 'cause one of his legs will land on the bonnet"

ALiVE events every Wednesday at 19:00 GMT on Kellys

6:46 "We should check out that wheel barrow..."

Hello again, hey guys i saw this

How do I set the CAS units to spawn at a certain height for things like the USS Nimitz?

In the CAS module there is a field for spawn height - be sure to use ASL not ATL !!

and was wondering, What is the CAS module?