wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thanks for the quick answers :)

Point taken about performance regarding terrain and pathfinding calculations. Youre probably right that it's better this way than adding a big performance hog. To be fair i only noticed the teleporting of groups when teleporting myself around anyways. In a non-debug scenario i probably wouldnt have noticed except maybe if there were faulty intel reports.

Good to hear about the logistics module, already read about the convoys. That is going to add a lot of potential for tasks behind enemy lines.

About the profile limiter: My problem with it is that it deletes profiles it cant spawn, if my understanding of how it works is correct. If i set the limit to 1 and create a huge number of profiles with a military placement module and get close to it so that i am in spawning range, it keeps deleting profiles because it is only allowed to spawn in 1. Id rather have it not delete profiles and instead spawn them in, based on the distance to the player as soon as other profiles that are closer to the player position get eliminated.

Yep the profile limiter only deletes profiles, if you are also running a logistics module, it will place the deleted ones at locations that are reserved by the faction and out of spawn distance. Regarding spawning in profiles as some get deleted, the issue with this is that it leads to pop-in of groups, so players have just cleared the area and suddenly a group appears from nowhere, its a bit illusion shattering.

Is there an update for ALIVE, if so how do you update? I tried joining a server and was advised to update but can't figure it out.

Trebor,

you have to download the newest update and extract it to your ARMA 3 folder. you can find links in the first post in this thread.

confusing.......do i need to place profile system only on map or it needs to sync to MP???

confusing.......do i need to place profile system only on map or it needs to sync to MP???

Profile system does not need to sync to MP, I suggest you watch the tutorial videos, you can find them all on our website

Yep the profile limiter only deletes profiles, if you are also running a logistics module, it will place the deleted ones at locations that are reserved by the faction and out of spawn distance. Regarding spawning in profiles as some get deleted, the issue with this is that it leads to pop-in of groups, so players have just cleared the area and suddenly a group appears from nowhere, its a bit illusion shattering.

Well how about spawning them in at the border of the spawning radius around you then, instantly followed by a waypoint to their old location?

OK after deleting every mod and trying to succesfully have CP and MP spawn consistently iv come to the conclusion that MCC has i think some affect(even if its not used in the mission)

Can ALIVE team or anyone in a position to test or know about this shed some confirmation as i STILL cant get Alive to function like it used to....again, "consistently".

Thanks

Anyone know if MCC affect sthis?

@redarmy, I use MCC and everything works as it should? Do you need to give it more time maybe?

Dumb question alert: am I correct in thinking the placement modules only spawn units once at start up, there is no other spawning taking place after that apart from units spawning back into the world when player in range? At least in the current version.

@redarmy, I use MCC and everything works as it should? Do you need to give it more time maybe?

Dumb question alert: am I correct in thinking the placement modules only spawn units once at start up, there is no other spawning taking place after that apart from units spawning back into the world when player in range? At least in the current version.

I might have misunderstood, but I believe the logistics module in its current state acts to reinforce placements; I assume this means that it spawns new enemies when they drop below some pre-determined level.

I might have misunderstood, but I believe the logistics module in its current state acts to reinforce placements; I assume this means that it spawns new enemies when they drop below some pre-determined level.

Correct but I'm not sure if that's implemented yet in anyway? I am looking forward to the logistics module when it's fully completed and nice fat convoys to ambush, will be especially satisfying knowing it could effect the battlefield with supplies and reinforcements not making it to their destination.

Redarmy, im still missing your ticket incl. Your mission on our tracker :)

In its current form, "Logistics" simply provides a replacement group profile for OPCOM when the previous one dies (or gets deleted or otherwise removed). This is placed at a 'Reinforcement Point' nearby and then OPCOM takes over as normal. The plan is to make this a little more involved, so Reinforcement profiles travel from a theatre Point of Disembarkation to a rear echelon Log RV and thence onwards to the front line, with appropriate group composition in the event the profiles are spawned into Visual. It'll still be pretty simplistic compared to real battlefield logistics but it'll hopefully provide a little more activity 'behind the lines'. Most importantly it won't just be 'fake' convoys - delaying or destroying them will have an impact on OPCOM's force levels.

Incidentally, we also have a fairly complex design spec for a system of Theatre Resource Levels or Logistics Points or something along those lines, which uses Profiles combined with Persistent Data which, by implication will dictate what, how much and when OPCOM can receive reinforcements and resupplies including fuel & ammo. That's only at a conceptual stage though and whether it ever sees the light of day remains to be seen.

Redarmy, im still missing your ticket incl. Your mission on our tracker :)

Thanks highhead,

gona get around to it now...

Sorry for the noobness can you tell me how to submit my mission and include my issue to the tracker?

Edited by redarmy

Thanks highhead,

gona get around to it now...

Sorry for the noobness can you tell me how to submit my mission and include my issue to the tracker?

Simply create an account on https://dev.withsix.com/account/register

Using the below link, log an issue:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues/new

Upload your mission you are having an issue with.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIKD1DAAM6h56VMi-JC_96KaSQ61gXWBpqXO3gJGUBWjsNTZ0nVg

Edited by Gunny1979

Lol simples it is.

Cheers

In its current form, "Logistics" simply provides a replacement group profile for OPCOM when the previous one dies (or gets deleted or otherwise removed). This is placed at a 'Reinforcement Point' nearby and then OPCOM takes over as normal. The plan is to make this a little more involved, so Reinforcement profiles travel from a theatre Point of Disembarkation to a rear echelon Log RV and thence onwards to the front line, with appropriate group composition in the event the profiles are spawned into Visual. It'll still be pretty simplistic compared to real battlefield logistics but it'll hopefully provide a little more activity 'behind the lines'. Most importantly it won't just be 'fake' convoys - delaying or destroying them will have an impact on OPCOM's force levels.

That's good to know, thanks. And the future plans of the logistics are something that I'm really looking forward to. My group always love ambushing convoys, and it'll be even better if the convoys actually mean something to the rest of the battlefield.

Using @A3MP I've been making missions on A2 maps but on my lastest mission, a defend mission around the gas station on Proving grounds there is no viable objective that ALiVE can identify. One day in the future will it be possible to have OPCOM target areas that have no identified objectives in them?

OK after deleting every mod and trying to succesfully have CP and MP spawn consistently iv come to the conclusion that MCC has i think some affect(even if its not used in the mission)

Can ALIVE team or anyone in a position to test or know about this shed some confirmation as i STILL cant get Alive to function like it used to....again, "consistently".

Thanks

Anyone know if MCC affect sthis?

An old version of Alive and an old version of MCC used to clash. So if you aren't using up to date version that could be your issue.

Incidentally, we also have a fairly complex design spec for a system of Theatre Resource Levels or Logistics Points or something along those lines, which uses Profiles combined with Persistent Data which, by implication will dictate what, how much and when OPCOM can receive reinforcements and resupplies including fuel & ammo. That's only at a conceptual stage though and whether it ever sees the light of day remains to be seen.

Genius, this is pure genius.! Thanks for making ArmA the best game ever!! I'm enjoying it so much.

Using @A3MP I've been making missions on A2 maps but on my lastest mission, a defend mission around the gas station on Proving grounds there is no viable objective that ALiVE can identify. One day in the future will it be possible to have OPCOM target areas that have no identified objectives in them?

Please check this out on our Wiki

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=OPCOM

An old version of Alive and an old version of MCC used to clash. So if you aren't using up to date version that could be your issue.

So are you saying you use or know someone who uses both up to date versions and have no issues?

Because im testing now without it(mcc) and all seems ok

just to clarify the latest version of ALIVE IS 0.5.6 yeah? and MCC had a recent update which gave the mission wizard like two weeks ago,also correct? il check mcc page but im pretty sure im up to date.

It's possible now using an empty gamelogic. Please refer to alivemod.com/wiki for details. Note that MP still won't recognise it as a spawn point, but OPCOM will treat is as an Objective.

Edit: beaten by Gunny!

So are you saying you use or know someone who uses both up to date versions and have no issues?

Because im testing now without it(mcc) and all seems ok

just to clarify the latest version of ALIVE IS 0.5.6 yeah? and MCC had a recent update which gave the mission wizard like two weeks ago,also correct? il check mcc page but im pretty sure im up to date.

I use MCC and Alive and it works fine.

I use MCC and Alive and it works fine.

OK well my two together definetly aint working together.What could be the reason for that?

Could norrins revive script,or a custom faction be causing it?

And how do i find out what version MCC i have i cant find it anywhere and cant open the pbo.

Thanks for the help