wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

If I'm not mistaken those units are not supported in version 0.5.4 but will be for the next release. Regardless here are the faction names:

drIrregulars
mas_afr_rebl_b 
mas_afr_rebl_i 
mas_afr_rebl_o
mas_ukf_sftg
mas_usa_delta 
mas_usa_devg
mas_usa_rang 
mas_usa_usoc 
SUD_RU

Trust me, I tried a lot. And I still don't know HOW to use this. I have African Conflict and I want to add them as OPFOR. Please help me out :D

Trust me, I tried a lot. And I still don't know HOW to use this. I have African Conflict and I want to add them as OPFOR. Please help me out :D

mas_afr_rebl_o are the African OPFOR units. Put that in the placement module faction field and you should be right.

The app key is found next to your right control key usually. If you do not have that key you can map it by mapping User Key 20 in the options menu of the game.

To sync modules use the sync tool in the editor menu, it looks like a linked chain, with this selected drag it between things you want to sync.

Thank you!

In case anyone else is interested in testing drIrregulars and massi's 75th here is a test mission on stratis you can use as a template. Many thanks to ARJay for setting up the original that this one is based on! :)

http://www.filedropper.com/alive75thvsdristratis

Installed and activated addons (I use PWS but for those that don't):

ARMA 3 1.10 stable

CBA A3 (beta)

ALiVE 0.5.6

@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons (by Massi)

@African_Conflict (by Massi)

@HiddenIdentityPack (by Spec4Mods)

@kio_balaclava (by Kiory)

@mas_usa_devg (by Massi)

@sud_russians (by sudden)

@dr_irregulars (by Drongo69)****

****Originally by Drongo69 but you MUST use superfluid's version for it to work in ALiVE!!! http://arma.quartermoa.com/mods/super_irregulars_20131213.zip

Great job Alive Team.

Now, my most desired feature seems to have been implemented:

Implemented feature "custom objective"

How do we define custom objectives?

Hi guys,

i posted a question a few pages back and its got overlooked.I spent about 3 hours using SUD_RU russian faction and got them to spawn but OPCOM dosent issue them orders.

Everything is placed and synced correctly as iv done it a thousand times. I have SUD_RU in the overide box and factons set to none but russians dont get move orders with the opcom they are linked to.

Can anyone from alive explain what might be worng?

Thanks again

Hi guys,

i posted a question a few pages back and its got overlooked.I spent about 3 hours using SUD_RU russian faction and got them to spawn but OPCOM dosent issue them orders.

Everything is placed and synced correctly as iv done it a thousand times. I have SUD_RU in the overide box and factons set to none but russians dont get move orders with the opcom they are linked to.

Can anyone from alive explain what might be worng?

Thanks again

Hi redarmy, looks like an issue with the SUD_RU config classes in the CfgFactionClasses config the side for the SUD_RU faction is listed as: side = "TGuerilla"; Which is wrong and should be 2 if they are supposed to be GUER units, I only tested them with placement modules and not OPCOM. Perhaps you can ask Sudden in the Russians thread for an update to his mod.

Great job Alive Team.

Now, my most desired feature seems to have been implemented:

How do we define custom objectives?

Delta,

here is what I believe the instructions are:

place a Game Logic location, put this in the init field:

this setVariable ["priority",50]; this setVariable ["size",150];

then sync it to the OPCOM.

you can probably change the numbers to give it a higher priority. but I just did a quick test with priority at 100 and size at 200 and it was recognized by not occupied. maybe it needs to be synced to the placement module instead of OPCOM?

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

nope, sync to placement did nothing so it is sync to OPCOM.

Alive team - does this just send units to occupy the custom objective? not place units at it?

Delta,

here is what I believe the instructions are:

place a Game Logic location, put this in the init field:

this setVariable ["priority",50]; this setVariable ["size",150];

then sync it to the OPCOM.

you can probably change the numbers to give it a higher priority. but I just did a quick test with priority at 100 and size at 200 and it was recognized by not occupied. maybe it needs to be synced to the placement module instead of OPCOM?

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

nope, sync to placement did nothing so it is sync to OPCOM.

Alive team - does this just send units to occupy the custom objective? not place units at it?

No placement takes place just lets OPCOM know that there is something there. You can place units in the editor though and it should work the same way as long as you profile them, eg OPCOM will know about those units and take command of them.

I'm having an odd issue: My MIL_OPCOM and MIL_CQB modules aren't showing in the editor dropdown menu and I can't join a server which has the modules running. I've ensured that they're there in the mod folder, redownloaded and tried numerous times to install it again, but nothing changes. Also, the skype link isn't working for me.

What could be wrong?

I'm having an odd issue: My MIL_OPCOM and MIL_CQB modules aren't showing in the editor dropdown menu and I can't join a server which has the modules running. I've ensured that they're there in the mod folder, redownloaded and tried numerous times to install it again, but nothing changes. Also, the skype link isn't working for me.

What could be wrong?

Sounds like your download has corrupted. Check the addons directory inside the @Alive directory to see if the mil_opcom.pbo and mil_cqb.pbo files exists. If not I suggest you maybe try to download with Play with Six, or from the website.

Sounds like your download has corrupted. Check the addons directory inside the @Alive directory to see if the mil_opcom.pbo and mil_cqb.pbo files exists. If not I suggest you maybe try to download with Play with Six, or from the website.

Yep...PWS was downloading an old/corrupt version for me. Downloading it manually here fixed it. Thanks.

Yep...PWS was downloading an old/corrupt version for me. Downloading it manually here fixed it. Thanks.

Strange. I found if I delete the folder and do a fresh install, or run a Diagnose, the checksums and files properly match the normal download.

But if I had an older version, e.g 0.5.4 manually installed, then things went wrong. It seems mainly a problem with different case usage (lower case vs upper case etc).

Investigating and fixing!

update I've found the issue and nailed it for the next build. Hopefully available in the next hour or so.

Thanks for bringing it to light!

update2 available now http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169350-ALiVE-Advanced-Light-Infantry-Virtual-Environment&p=2605822&viewfull=1#post2605822

Edited by Sickboy

Strange. I found if I delete the folder and do a fresh install, or run a Diagnose, the checksums and files properly match the normal download.

But if I had an older version, e.g 0.5.4 manually installed, then things went wrong. It seems mainly a problem with different case usage (lower case vs upper case etc).

The latter situation is what I was experiencing. I also noticed @alive and then @Alive (the newer version) and different mod names in the expansions: ALiVE (expanded acronym) vs. A3: ALiVE

Happy to help!

What precisely do I need to change to make the ME Irregulars work smoothly with ALIVE? If it is fairly simple I will release an update.

What precisely do I need to change to make the ME Irregulars work smoothly with ALIVE? If it is fairly simple I will release an update.

Hiya Drongo :)

You just need to have the side number in each group. Please see the // Note this is important bit below

Also maybe a EAST version of the units too as superfluid has done by adding a custom config?

-West // Note side number 1 == West 
--BLU_F // Note faction name matches the name in CfgFactionClasses 
---Armored // Note all these group categories are using standard naming convention 
---Infantry 
----BUS_InfSquad 
-----faction = "BLU_F"; 
-----name = "Rifle Squad"; 
-----side = 1; // Note this is important 
---Mechanized 
---Motorized 
---SpecOps 
---Support  

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

update I've found the issue and nailed it for the next build. Hopefully available in the next hour or so.

Thanks for bringing it to light!

Thanks for fixing so quickly sickboy!

You can place units in the editor though and it should work the same way as long as you profile them, eg OPCOM will know about those units and take command of them.

So I can place any units I want where I want and get OPCOM to command them, how exactly would I do that?

So I can place any units I want where I want and get OPCOM to command them, how exactly would I do that?

As long as the units are profiled, and there is an OPCOM for that faction present it will take control of them.

Hi redarmy, looks like an issue with the SUD_RU config classes in the CfgFactionClasses config the side for the SUD_RU faction is listed as: side = "TGuerilla"; Which is wrong and should be 2 if they are supposed to be GUER units, I only tested them with placement modules and not OPCOM. Perhaps you can ask Sudden in the Russians thread for an update to his mod.

ARJay,

Thanks for the reply.I figured that was the reason as i saw that in the config.

Oh well back to using AAF.Dosent degrade this ALIVE masterpiece in the slightest.

Having a blast EVEN tho i cant save my game,for this il sit down for a few hours and avoid the bullets and a restart,makes it more intense in a way.

Superb job and im really enjoying using MCC i might add alongside it.This may be the only mod i could say i couldnt picture ARMA without.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Hey ARjay or anyone who might know about this,

i forgot to add in my last post that ML and CP will only start up on the briefings screen 20% of the time. rest of the time im waiting for placements to spawn for around 20minutes. something dont feel rite.

Any ideas?

The update problem is resolved in the new Play withSIX 1.13 build, available on both, the stable and beta channels.

The latter situation is what I was experiencing. I also noticed @alive and then @Alive (the newer version) and different mod names in the expansions: ALiVE (expanded acronym) vs. A3: ALiVE

Happy to help!

Thanks for fixing so quickly sickboy!

At your service!

Edited by Sickboy

2 questions about the mod:

-The cqb module placement option (dynamic or static); if set to dominant will the units spawning change over time as the other side takes over the area? or does it only determine who's dominant in that location at the start of the game?

-What kind of 'secundary' objectives will be added? Now I'm usually told to 'Destroy the house'. :D

Edited by ltsThomas

Hey ARjay or anyone who might know about this,

i forgot to add in my last post that ML and CP will only start up on the briefings screen 20% of the time. rest of the time im waiting for placements to spawn for around 20minutes. something dont feel rite.

Any ideas?

I would try either re-syncing the modules or at worst delete them, replace and re-sync.

2 questions about the mod:

-The cqb module placement option (dominant or static); if set to dominant will the units spawning change over time as the other side takes over the area? or does it only determine who's dominant in that location at the start of the game?

For Dynamic units that spawn will change over time.... Static forces the module to only spawn the factions in the fields

-What kind of 'secundary' objectives will be added? Now I'm usually told to 'Destroy the house'. :D

Next up will be "Destroy the house faster" followed by "y u no destroy house?".

Seriously though the player tasks assignment is not a priority at the moment (or so I've been told)... I'm sure it's something they'll expand on once the core features are all working properly.

As long as the units are profiled, and there is an OPCOM for that faction present it will take control of them.

The problem I have is setting the OPCOM for the particular faction I want to use if they are, for example, Russian troops, or PLA troops, etc. As I'm now setting up ALIVE scenarios on Takistan and Chernarus I'm looking for a bit of variety. However, that aside this really is THE must have mod!

Another question: Why, when I use combat support modules, do I need the laser designator even if I don't use it? This means I have to place a support box and go and pick it up. Wouldn't it be more logical to have the radio, which I carry by default, as the needed object? Can I already do that, and if so how?

Thanks

The problem I have is setting the OPCOM for the particular faction I want to use if they are, for example, Russian troops, or PLA troops, etc. As I'm now setting up ALIVE scenarios on Takistan and Chernarus I'm looking for a bit of variety. However, that aside this really is THE must have mod!

Another question: Why, when I use combat support modules, do I need the laser designator even if I don't use it? This means I have to place a support box and go and pick it up. Wouldn't it be more logical to have the radio, which I carry by default, as the needed object? Can I already do that, and if so how?

Thanks

As long as the unit addon is supported by ALiVE (see a few pages back for a list) there should be no problems you just need the faction name (note that drIrregulars do not work properly with ALiVE at the moment).

With regards to the modules you can change the required item in the main CAS module - replace LaserDesignator with ItemRadio