wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

MissionCreep, addtionially to the location we also implemented a player profile, so enemy OPCOM will pick up your player groups and hunt them down if detected - will keep you on your toes :)

Before i hit the sack i wanted to share what i found today - ALiVE live...

and

enjoy!

HH

Oh lord is that what I sound like :/

Lol that was one intense day (of many) in cherno.

Was running bCombat AI also, works a charm

Which module should be placed for saving in a mission? No Save is sucking hard...

Put enableSaving [true,true] in init.sqf of your mish, or in an init of an editorunit (ensure its not profiled)! But beware that you will very likely run into out of mem crashes, this is why its disabled. Furthermore it wouldnt "save" all the module states either way, as why there will be what we call database persistence!

Guys, can you help me out with a (full featured) user SP mission which I can edit? Some kind of infantry mission,,, whatever... Should have cqb. I have soo much difficulties with spawning cqb, and with OPcom and military objective (have never seen one). I may be fundamentally wrong in some points and wish to learn from a mission. TIA...

You can also check out the Pyrgos Assault mission by Jman - nice small mission including CQB it should show you all you need to know. Also includes a check in init.sqf to end the mission once all ALiVE-generated units are killed.

www.alivemod.com

Great mod! Can't wait for the Iron Front and Arma 2 Islands update!

MissionCreep, addtionially to the location we also implemented a player profile, so enemy OPCOM will pick up your player groups and hunt them down if detected - will keep you on your toes :)

Hopefully optional.

Gulp!

Does OPCOM dynamically use its mobile howitzers for long range artillery support?

I'm also loving the combat support transport option, what would you guys think about a "simple" insertion option along with land, land engine off etc, so that pilot simply kicks everyone out and rtb automatically.. It's just so I can exit helo and drop to one knee all tacticool like in the movies without needing to whip out the iPad :)

I'm also loving the combat support transport option, what would you guys think about a "simple" insertion option along with land, land engine off etc, so that pilot simply kicks everyone out and rtb automatically.. It's just so I can exit helo and drop to one knee all tacticool like in the movies without needing to whip out the iPad :)

Seconded, basically the opposite of pick up (drop off), optionally with RTB along the same path it took to get there. Also would be nice to be able to set multiple waypoints, ie MOVE, MOVE, MOVE, LAND. Just to avoid those pesky AA emplacements/assets without micromanaging.

I just had a question about OPFOR unit cooperation. I have Middle East Irregulars working (thanks again superfluid!) but they don't spawn vehicles. I was hoping to compensate by having FIA spawn motorized units (doesnt have to be strictly but a majority of FIA being motorized would be nice) and have drIrregulars as infantry. Is this possible and if so how would I do it :P? I set the military placement module to motorized units but would that restrict motorized units to only spawn at military objectives?

Cant wait for the new update!!!!

Still gotta test it out (super late and Im going to bed :P) but I think I figured it out. I didnt see there was a force selection in civilian placement too.

EDIT: Gave it a try but it still spawning FIA infantry (boo) + Offroads (Yay offroads!) and its spawning drIrregulars infantry (yay!)

Edited by Opendome

You can also check out the Pyrgos Assault mission by Jman - nice small mission including CQB it should show you all you need to know.

Thanks.

BTW, dynamic weather is broken: I can set it to be initially "clear", but at mission start it may or may not be clear, still pretty random. I am not surprised, because dynamic weather scripting is heavily broken on the ArmA side and no fun at all.

Seconded, basically the opposite of pick up (drop off), optionally with RTB along the same path it took to get there. Also would be nice to be able to set multiple waypoints, ie MOVE, MOVE, MOVE, LAND. Just to avoid those pesky AA emplacements/assets without micromanaging.

I'm afraid to say its not going to happen any time soon or at all, after the next update which includes some extra features i.e ability to used shared assets with friendly sides\factions, respawn of assets and an rope insertion tasks I will not be spending any more time on Combat Support.

I really need to focus on other tasks\modules to move ALiVE forward.

I may revisit these requests in the future but any feature requests, etc to Combat Support will be put on the back burner.

Cheers

Gunny

Hi my little friends, I have been editing some custom missions using Alive, and I have some questions:

1.- How does the garbage cleaner work? I put the module on the map but the crashed vehicles and dead bodies remain in the ground and they don't dissapear. How much do I need to wait?

2.- Is there any way to make Support Vehicles (from alive module) respawn after they are destroyed?

3.- Do I need to put any custom script to make my destroyed / abandoned vehicles get respawned at the base or ALiVE has a module for that?

I forgot others... excuse my english :yay:

Hi my little friends, I have been editing some custom missions using Alive, and I have some questions:

1.- How does the garbage cleaner work? I put the module on the map but the crashed vehicles and dead bodies remain in the ground and they don't dissapear. How much do I need to wait?

2.- Is there any way to make Support Vehicles (from alive module) respawn after they are destroyed?

3.- Do I need to put any custom script to make my destroyed / abandoned vehicles get respawned at the base or ALiVE has a module for that?

I forgot others... excuse my english :yay:

My post, literally just above yours answers question 2

My post, literally just above yours answers question 2

Oh sorry, I understood something different but now I get it. How about the cleaner module? Do I need to set some parameters?

Aaaand I remember other question: When I set the "multispawn" module to respawn in a friendly unit, I only have that option to choice but I can't respawn at base too. Does it work that way? Only one choice to respawn ingame?

Does OPCOM dynamically use its mobile howitzers for long range artillery support?

Not 100% perhaps a dev can answer this... I have seen the howitzers fire on enemy positions without any orders given but I can't say if that's because they had LOS on the enemy units or not.

I just had a question about OPFOR unit cooperation. I have Middle East Irregulars working (thanks again superfluid!) but they don't spawn vehicles. I was hoping to compensate by having FIA spawn motorized units (doesnt have to be strictly but a majority of FIA being motorized would be nice) and have drIrregulars as infantry. Is this possible and if so how would I do it :P? I set the military placement module to motorized units but would that restrict motorized units to only spawn at military objectives?

If the faction in question does not have it's own motorized units you could try adding both factions in the faction field in the module, set to Motorized, and see what spawns.

BTW, dynamic weather is broken: I can set it to be initially "clear", but at mission start it may or may not be clear, still pretty random. I am not surprised, because dynamic weather scripting is heavily broken on the ArmA side and no fun at all.

Yeah this is a known issue and should be fixed for next update.

How about the cleaner module? Do I need to set some parameters?

Aaaand I remember other question: When I set the "multispawn" module to respawn in a friendly unit, I only have that option to choice but I can't respawn at base too. Does it work that way? Only one choice to respawn ingame?

***If you check out the GC module parameters you will see it has a time option (300 seconds) and an item limit option (100). Set either to lower values if you want faster cleanup. Note that you must be a certain distance from bodies/objects for them to be cleaned up unless the hard limit (100) is reached***

(only available next release)

With regards to respawn I think if you cannot spawn on the friendly unit it will spawn you back at base but I can't recall if there are any options.. haven't used that module in a while.

Edited by SavageCDN

I dont know if anyone ask this,but can we make the flight height of the Helicopters from Combat Supports module lower?Some time I think I need a helicopters to fly very close to the water surface to make my divers team jump into sea,but now the lowest height in Combat supports modules is not enough to make that jump success……

If you check out the GC module parameters you will see it has a time option (300 seconds) and an item limit option (100). Set either to lower values if you want faster cleanup. Note that you must be a certain distance from bodies/objects for them to be cleaned up unless the hard limit (100) is reached.

With regards to respawn I think if you cannot spawn on the friendly unit it will spawn you back at base but I can't recall if there are any options.. haven't used that module in a while.

1.- I'm sorry but I don't see that "item limit option (100)" that you tell me. I only see the time option (300). I'm using last version btw.

2.- About the respawn, the multispawn module forces me to spawn on a friendly unit, I simply cannot select respawn at base again :/ only if my friend is dead too. If you guys put an UI where we can select where to respawn, that would be perfect :D

I'm sorry forgot I'm using testing version... yeah the GC item limit option will be there for next release.

re: artillery and OPCOM use; in my experience the OPCOM does not use any arty on map for indirect fire. these units act like any other unit and shoot at units in Line of Sight only. I believe one of the devs also stated somewhere earlier in the thread that OPCOM does not use arty other than firing at units in LoS.

however, it was also stated that arty is being added to the combat support system. it was not mentioned if in next release or a release beyond that. hopefully the organic arty pieces will be removed from the placement modules then as they would be redundant, unless that OPCOM would also use them properly. (imagine the mentioned player profile ensuring the OPCOM hunts you down and it having artillery available - not to mention CAS and AI insertions of AI troops!)

I agree, more respawn options in the multispawn module would be nice.

I'm sorry forgot I'm using testing version... yeah the GC item limit option will be there for next release.

Oh ok.. Thank you! I will be waiting for next release then, kind sir.

Problem I am having, when I place non-profiled units in the editor and try to command them (eg using high command) to attack profiled enemy, the profiled enemy units do not spawn into real space as my forced approach - I need to be in the area for this to happen. Is this a feature, or am I doing something wrong, or is there a work-around?

Thank you...