wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hey Guys

I´ve tested out this mod and it´s amazing!!! Very good job.

I´d like to ask you and report you some things that I´ve found.

1.- Support Module: Is the init module working? I want to include a simple open door text/script or an internal vehicle chemlight.

2.- Support Module: Does this module supports other helis? I´ve tried to use the hellcats and didnt work. Perhaps I´m doing something wrong.

3.- Support Module: Items. It seems that sometimes (15% of the times) the "Combat Support" didnt work even having the selected item assigned.

4.- Support and Cas Module: Chat messages. In the MP local server the "indicative" of the heli, "RODEO ONE" appears perfectly. However in MP dedicated server missions this indicative appears as follows: "Alpha 1-1". Do you know why? And How can I solve it?

5.- IA Module: I´m regulating the IA skills. Is there any doc where to find a description of any parameter. At this moment Im regulating this with internal testing at the editor.

6.- Admin Player Tags: If you enable this option the player tags appears all the time, being sometimes anoying. Is there the possibilitie to enable it but only by pointing/aiming the player?

7.- Medic treatment. We´ve realized that some players claims for a medic treatment without being injured. Is that a bug? Have someone had the same issue?

For now its all that I have... :)

cool - arty too!

I am struggling with an issue right now and I do not know if it is just me doing (or not!) something so obvious that I miss it or if alive effects it. can I have mission briefings via a briefing.sqf called from init.sqf and the player createDiaryRecord command with alive?

Yes this will work as well as using the built in A3 modules

First I'd like to say I played the crap out of MSO in Arma 2 and ALIVE is the greatest module ever created by man. I'm having some trouble getting the CQB module to work on Clafghan, when I sync it to civ or mil placement modules they do not spawn units in any buildings and the CQB module doesn't seem to be doing anything (no units showing up in CQB debug). I have Middle Eastern irregulars running and the military and civilian placement modules sucesfully place them around the objectives but the CQB doesnt seem to do it. I know I'm prob doing something wrong but what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

For the current version CQB only works on Altis and Stratis. For the upcoming release CQB will work on all A2 maps including Clafghan. Here's what Fallujah looks like with 50% CQB:

http://i.imgur.com/zH26EkS.jpg

Also I'm not sure if it states this in the manual but you can manually place military buildings in the editor and the CQB module will populate them. Not sure if this is the same for regular buildings have not tested that.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Hey Guys

I´ve tested out this mod and it´s amazing!!! Very good job.

I´d like to ask you and report you some things that I´ve found.

1.- Support Module: Is the init module working? I want to include a simple open door text/script or an internal vehicle chemlight.

2.- Support Module: Does this module supports other helis? I´ve tried to use the hellcats and didnt work. Perhaps I´m doing something wrong.

3.- Support Module: Items. It seems that sometimes (15% of the times) the "Combat Support" didnt work even having the selected item assigned.

4.- Support and Cas Module: Chat messages. In the MP local server the "indicative" of the heli, "RODEO ONE" appears perfectly. However in MP dedicated server missions this indicative appears as follows: "Alpha 1-1". Do you know why? And How can I solve it?

5.- IA Module: I´m regulating the IA skills. Is there any doc where to find a description of any parameter. At this moment Im regulating this with internal testing at the editor.

6.- Admin Player Tags: If you enable this option the player tags appears all the time, being sometimes anoying. Is there the possibilitie to enable it but only by pointing/aiming the player?

7.- Medic treatment. We´ve realized that some players claims for a medic treatment without being injured. Is that a bug? Have someone had the same issue?

For now its all that I have... :)

1 - I don't think you can add things to the module init line that apply to the spawned unit

2 - Yes it supports other aircraft however you have to be on the same side (ie: IND for hellcat, BLU for ghosthawk)

3 - need more info - make sure you aren't in Ghost mode when requesting CAS

4 - not sure but I think that's more of an Arma issue

5 - check here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167674-AI-Skill-array

6 - not sure

7 - probably more of a BIS issue

Thanks Savage for answering the questions.

Legio477 - I will add a code option in the modules that you can use to to run your scripts, wont be in the next release though.

thx Savage. I will have to find another way to figure out my briefing woes.

guys something that legio wrote asks for another enhancement, unless already considered. being able to use helicopters or other assets of different factions for support. for instance, the mission set I am working on has AAF allied with OPFOR and I would like OPFOR to be the big brother and provide the air and other assets. it does not work with the current combat support implementation - as stated by Savage they need to be of the same faction. possible to consider, or maybe already in progress?

Check out the F3 Mission Framework they have an excellent briefing template that supports multiple sides, etc.

With regards to your CAS comments this feature is planned for future versions (being able to use any allied assets for CAS) - no guarantees of course :p

Damn! I cannot believe you beat me here - I was just coming back to see if you guys think (or know) you are compatible with the F3 mission framework! I think my issue is either trying to cram too many different titles into the "diary" record or maybe they have to be defined first or there is a limit as I am trying to do a background record, 5 para OPORD each their own record plus a credits record. no worries, I do not want to clutter your thread with this stuff.

if others do not know about it, here is a link. they have done a LOT of good work.

http://ferstaberinde.com/f3/en//index.php?title=Main_Page

Edited by hlfritz
clarification

Thanks for your quick reply savage! I thought I was doing it wrong :P

Cant wait for the next release! You guys are amazing!!!!!!!!

You're welcome!!

@hlfritz - I'm not sure if ALL the F3 features are compatible with ALiVE.. in fact I'm sure there are some that are not. Best to test it out!!

thx. will see about checking it out.

just want to reiterate this:

guys something that legio wrote asks for another enhancement, unless already considered. being able to use helicopters or other assets of different factions for support. for instance, the mission set I am working on has AAF allied with OPFOR and I would like OPFOR to be the big brother and provide the air and other assets. it does not work with the current combat support implementation - as stated by Savage they need to be of the same faction. possible to consider, or maybe already in progress?

@SavageCDN or anyone please help me out, How do I set African Conflict to the OPFOR? How do I add that faction? How do I spell it? I mean, in parameters.

Sorry my English♥

I tried posting to the skype group but the message has been sitting there being sent for over 45 minutes now.

I checked the tracker with no luck, are these two errors known about? [1] [2]

thx. will see about checking it out.

just want to reiterate this:

Will work on this, not promising anything though

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

I tried posting to the skype group but the message has been sitting there being sent for over 45 minutes now.

I checked the tracker with no luck, are these two errors known about? [1] [2]

Looks like something wrong with your mission setup post a link to the mission we will check it out.

If I have 5 TAOR zones all OPFOR will OPCOM send troop from 1 zone to another zone to help out or will they only stay in there TAOR zones ?

I have yet to find any conflicts with F3 and ALiVE. Maybe nametags if you have them enabled in both systems, but other than that briefings and everything else work just fine.

I've seen in a few places that the African Conflict addon is suppose to work in the next update? I was wondering if there was just a solution created for these addon units or was there something done to implement all addon on unit packs?

Anyone know the faction name for the US Marine Corp and MARSOC units by massi? There's a nice class list of all the units, groups and objects but I don't know what faction name to supply the Alive Modules...

I want to have Jarheads vs Greenbacks on Stratis :war:

Really great mod btw guys, can't wait for the update! I played a modified (intensified) version of your Altis showcase last night for 2 hours, took me 30m to get to battle because I commandeered an assault boat all the way around the north coast and back down to the enemy AO to take out a tower which incidently was right by the Blufor frontline. The Blufor had already occupied the base and the tower but I blew it up anyway, killing some friendlies. (So I guess you can call that a bug because the objective was not cancelled)

I then cheated for a Hunter GMG paradrop and made my way behince enemy lines to the next objective dodging all kinds of trouble including a fight between opfor and the blufor rebels. When I got nearby on the hill of the next objective I got out the Hunter and next thing I know a fricken enemy chopper pops up over the hill and blows my car up with my team inside. I took cover behind a BMP wreck and called Air Support (placed an FA-18F on the Airfield with the rest of the chopper support modules) and waited about 2 minutes and boom, chopper KIA and my F18 taking all kinds of gunfire, luckily no AA missiles (yet) and ordered him RTB. The F18 survived (shot to shit) to fight another support call! :dancered:

I've seen opfor taking back objectives which blufor had occupied from them prior, really nice ambient combat. This mod is starting to remind me of Commanche vs Hokum with it's dynamic real campaign on a huge landmass.

Anyone know the faction name for the US Marine Corp and MARSOC units by massi? There's a nice class list of all the units, groups and objects but I don't know what faction name to supply the Alive Modules...

Not 100% sure I'm looking at the right data, but I think they are as follows:

mas_usa_devg = USSOCOM Navy SEAL

mas_usa_rang = USSOCOM 75th RANGER

mas_usa_delta = USSOCOM DELTA Force

mas_usa_usoc = USSOCOM Special Support

EDIT: Oops, nevermind. Just realized you're talking about a different Massi pack, not the SEAL/Ranger one I was referring to.

I want to have Jarheads vs Greenbacks on Stratis :war:

Really great mod btw guys, can't wait for the update! I played a modified (intensified) version of your Altis showcase last night for 2 hours, took me 30m to get to battle because I commandeered an assault boat all the way around the north coast and back down to the enemy AO to take out a tower which incidently was right by the Blufor frontline. The Blufor had already occupied the base and the tower but I blew it up anyway, killing some friendlies. (So I guess you can call that a bug because the objective was not cancelled)

I then cheated for a Hunter GMG paradrop and made my way behince enemy lines to the next objective dodging all kinds of trouble including a fight between opfor and the blufor rebels. When I got nearby on the hill of the next objective I got out the Hunter and next thing I know a fricken enemy chopper pops up over the hill and blows my car up with my team inside. I took cover behind a BMP wreck and called Air Support (placed an FA-18F on the Airfield with the rest of the chopper support modules) and waited about 2 minutes and boom, chopper KIA and my F18 taking all kinds of gunfire, luckily no AA missiles (yet) and ordered him RTB. The F18 survived (shot to shit) to fight another support call! :dancered:

I've seen opfor taking back objectives which blufor had occupied from them prior, really nice ambient combat. This mod is starting to remind me of Commanche vs Hokum with it's dynamic real campaign on a huge landmass.

Awesome sounds like your having some major fun there LowFlyZone, the object was not cancelled, because even though your friendly BLUFOR Troops occupied the base, the Tower still needed blowing to into orbit.

1 - I don't think you can add things to the module init line that apply to the spawned unit

2 - Yes it supports other aircraft however you have to be on the same side (ie: IND for hellcat, BLU for ghosthawk)

3 - need more info - make sure you aren't in Ghost mode when requesting CAS

4 - not sure but I think that's more of an Arma issue

5 - check here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167674-AI-Skill-array

6 - not sure

7 - probably more of a BIS issue

1.- Ok. And thanks. It´ll be great if we can use it as there is a space in the module which it can be used.

2.- Ok

3.- Will check it, but I believe this is not the problem. For activate triggers yes but not in this case.

4.- Has to be with a dedicated server. Do you know how to solve it?

5.- I was talking about the ALiVE IA skill module. I´ll check this threat.

6.- I was suggesting to make appear the tags by only aiming pointing to the players, units.

7.- Not sure about. Is the first time that happens to me and my mates. I believe is a ALiVE mod issue.

Hoping that can help you!

Like so many, i too have been thoroughly enjoying ALiVE. I thought i pop this lil story on here firstly because as much as i love ALiVE, from a single player perspective it's difficult to get past the no save issue (I'm aware this is being worked on :) ). But also it might inspire some other guerrilla fans. And (probably most noticeably) I've not much else to do!

So the other night i occupy Altis with 2400 AI with the fantastically easy to use ALiVE. I headed a small 6 man FIA team with a Jeep. Now looking back i should have put a BLUFOR OPCOM down to assign objectives to me but alas i made my own. So i placed my under equipped team in the land mass south of Altis connected by a small land bridge. (A strategical error on my part) and moved towards the one military encampment in the area. The beginning is fairly booksheet, get within a K of the objective, disembark and scout out. We get to within 500m of the large watchtower and I'm in the prone position doing the whole SF thing at which point one of my AI spots the sentry in the tower, (nice touch ALiVE) stands up and waves franticly to his new friend. Unfortunately the sentry, unhappy with his new admirer, decides it's safer to shoot than meet up. Element_of_surprise setvelocity [o,o,100000]

So with a new approach needed, i bounded around the base to the forest behind it. We bumped it into sentry and quickly eliminated the threat, surprisingly with only one casualty. Fearful of meeting another sentry, we moved up to the base as quickly as possible and began hurling grenades over the wall. I set 2 AI (Team green) to cover outside while i moved in with the other two (team red). I tried to get Team Green to cover us, but alas the sight of the sea was far to attractive. All of a sudden a hail of bullets lit up the ground around me, and only through Team greens catlike reactions i was saved by a completely unheard of, one in a million, single shot to the head from my autoriflman 150m away. Clearing the base took a couple of moments and now allowed me to view the area from the watch tower. I did notice a group of fully armed synchronized swimmers, which explained why Team green refused to look in right direction, who presumably were the QRF (Again I'm aware water detection is being worked on :) ) once i had finished healing my men after practicing their non-parachute base jumping, we proceeded to the jeep. One in, we continued the adventure knowing each important location would be contested and no area was "Out of the OA" and the AI would be hunting us down like dogs. Having that freedom was great.

One of my favorite aspects of ALiVE is the fact the AI are placed sensibly and do not wonder randomly. Especially in this case it made the map feel alive (Pardon the pun) as opposed to a load of randomly placed AI. Not only that, but he OPCOM allows the AI to react to your actions (Normally resulting in a counter attack rather than a swimming lesson ;) ) which again brings a new level of depth.

A big thanks to the team and i look forward to the update!

Edited by SteveJA360
Mongy spelling

@SavageCDN or anyone please help me out, How do I set African Conflict to the OPFOR? How do I add that faction? How do I spell it? I mean, in parameters.

If I'm not mistaken those units are not supported in version 0.5.4 but will be for the next release. Regardless here are the faction names:

drIrregulars
mas_afr_rebl_b 
mas_afr_rebl_i 
mas_afr_rebl_o
mas_ukf_sftg
mas_usa_delta 
mas_usa_devg
mas_usa_rang 
mas_usa_usoc 
SUD_RU

(Also Iron Front will be supported next release)

If I have 5 TAOR zones all OPFOR will OPCOM send troop from 1 zone to another zone to help out or will they only stay in there TAOR zones ?

If I'm understanding you correctly OPCOM will indeed send troops to different TAORs to assist (if enough troops available). I don't know if there is any kind of distance check, etc.

1.- Ok. And thanks. It´ll be great if we can use it as there is a space in the module which it can be used.

2.- Ok

3.- Will check it, but I believe this is not the problem. For activate triggers yes but not in this case.

4.- Has to be with a dedicated server. Do you know how to solve it?

5.- I was talking about the ALiVE IA skill module. I´ll check this threat.

6.- I was suggesting to make appear the tags by only aiming pointing to the players, units.

7.- Not sure about. Is the first time that happens to me and my mates. I believe is a ALiVE mod issue.

Hoping that can help you!

1 - This feature may be added in a future release (adding stuff to module init line)

3 - if you do find a problem please create a simple repro mission and send it to me via PM or post on the Dev Heaven tracker

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive?jump=welcome

4 - not sure but logged a DH ticket we'll see what punishment the DEVs come up for me

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/73683

6 - OK it is a good suggestion

7 - If you can replicate it please send me a repro mission so I can test it out. That particular problem is one that happens with Arma 2 (ACE) as well so I'd need to be convinced it's an ALiVE-specific problem. Are you using any revive scripts in your mission?

I've seen in a few places that the African Conflict addon is suppose to work in the next update? I was wondering if there was just a solution created for these addon units or was there something done to implement all addon on unit packs?

Not an overall fix - the addon has to have properly implemented group configs in order for it to work with ALiVE (ie go into editor press F2 - are there pre-defined groups there you can select?). The DEVs have been working with various addon authors to assist where needed, but outside of that there isn't much that can be done.

I tried to get Team Green to cover us, but alas the sight of the sea was far to attractive.

:D

Great report thanks for posting!!

Edited by SavageCDN

1 - This feature may be added in a future release (adding stuff to module init line)

3 - if you do find a problem please create a simple repro mission and send it to me via PM or post on the Dev Heaven tracker

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive?jump=welcome

4 - not sure but logged a DH ticket we'll see what punishment the DEVs come up for me

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/73683

6 - OK it is a good suggestion

7 - If you can replicate it please send me a repro mission so I can test it out. That particular problem is one that happens with Arma 2 (ACE) as well so I'd need to be convinced it's an ALiVE-specific problem. Are you using any revive scripts in your mission?

First of all thanks for your time...

Then...

1.- Many thanks...

3.- I´ll send you an example thru PM.

4.- Great!!!!

7.- I´ve the one we played, edited by myself. It happened in the middle of the game. I can send it to you via a PM. You will also see the error I was refreing in the point number 4 if you test iout the transport and cas module in a dedicated server.

I can confirm something, the AW159 choppers will spawn and work in Alive (GreenFor turned BluFor choppers mod). They will spawn around bases along with the other choppers. I was playing the Stratis Mountain War example mission and even had one armed version flying around providing air support for like 10 minutes, doing straffing runs over the base I was trying to secure. You can link them to CAS as well, you can do the same with the FA-18 mod and I assume the SU-35 (if you're OpFor) and get real fast mover support.

I just read above somewhere that someone couldn't get them to work. Follow the example missions and you should be set.