wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Was going through the thread and noticed a few post's thinking ALiVE is a full on war simulator and just wanted to post that ALiVE is more of an amazing Mission Framework! I have been an ALiVE closed tester for awhile now and have had a chance to do some pretty neat stuff with it.

If you're a fan of Insurgency style game-play and you are liking what ALiVE has to offer so far checkout my sneak peak of my upcoming ALiVE | Insurgency map. Click Here

-Haze

ALiVE compatibility just racked up another sale for IF (I bought the D-Day DLC too)! Looking forward to the next release!

Does setMarkerAlphaLocal effect the rending and distribution?

Added after allot of testing:

The Profiling and recognition of the map seams to get longer the more you do with the map. For example; if I just add a Civilian and one military placement. (Also the necessary plugins.) The process takes less than a minute. If I start moving them around or add markers the time increases. Anyone know anything about that?

Also it seems that sometimes the profiling process brakes and the map need to be resaved to fully work again.

Edited by Cold Evil

The more complex you make it, the longer it will take for sure. However, the next version is massively quicker to initialise - this has just been released to our closed testing group so you should see it soonâ„¢.

The ALiVE Dev Team would like to wish you all a Happy New Year! :party:

Just to keep you up to date, we released quite a major update to our very efficient testers this morning. Once they have tested it all and its all gravy, we will announce the community release.

So it's the testers hands, if you want names to badger them and whip them into testing it quicker PM me and I'll share them with you for the small cost of a beer!

(this is a joke and I do not wish to receive PM's requesting the testers details, it is meant in jest to spur the testers on)

Edited by Gunny1979
No need for Spolier Frizzle stole my thunder :-(

I'm a testing, I'm a testing ... as fast as I can !

Its looking good so far. Altis is on fire .... oh and you DON'T want to leave enemy arty alone now ... they just decimated my base !

Just to keep you up to date, we released quite a major update to our very efficient testers this morning. Once they have tested it all and its all gravy, we will announce the community release.

So it's the testers hands, if you want names to badger them and whip them into testing it quicker PM me and I'll share them with you for the small cost of a beer!

:butbut:

But.. but... I'm hungry... and cold.... and Kremator keeps winking at me in a weird way. You said we could make at least one phone call!!!

:butbut:

But.. but... I'm hungry... and cold.... and Kremator keeps winking at me in a weird way. You said we could make at least one phone call!!!

We have fed you Iront Front with ALiVE now back to it! :torture:

Edited by Gunny1979

I noticed that in the OPCOM faction drop down that there's a REBEL RED faction listed. What is the faction class for that so I can add it to the mil placements and CQB module? I see the reference to the REBEL BLUE being BLU_G_F, is it as simple as an OPF_G_F?

I noticed that in the OPCOM faction drop down that there's a REBEL RED faction listed. What is the faction class for that so I can add it to the mil placements and CQB module? I see the reference to the REBEL BLUE being BLU_G_F, is it as simple as an OPF_G_F?

That is correct

Whip them testers harder! You know where I'd really like to be on New Year's Eve? In front of my PC trying out some new ALiVE ;)

Just playing round with this in the editor, and I've got it spawning units and profiling, but the invasion/occupy switch doesn't seem to be working. No matter which I have it set on, it spawns the troops as if its set to occupy.

You need to set the correct faction in the OPCOM. I use the faction override on the bottom and that seems to work. Just remember to put the faction in "".

Hey guys great mod! My only question is why does the units being placed in TAOR why do they always move to the outside of it rather then patrolling through? I dont place opcom and the have waypoints? I thought opcom controlled them?

Just playing round with this in the editor, and I've got it spawning units and profiling, but the invasion/occupy switch doesn't seem to be working. No matter which I have it set on, it spawns the troops as if its set to occupy.

Have you seen the video tutorials?

https://www.youtube.com/user/ALIVEARMA3/videos

Pretty good to get a hand on the basics...

And give it some time to load. It takes a while when you use big markers with a big ammount of units...

Edited by audiocustoms

Hey guys great mod! My only question is why does the units being placed in TAOR why do they always move to the outside of it rather then patrolling through? I dont place opcom and the have waypoints? I thought opcom controlled them?

OPCOM is the only module that gives waypoints to AI groups. If they're moving around without an OPCOM module present, that can only be BIS AI or another mod doing it.

Have you seen the video tutorials?

https://www.youtube.com/user/ALIVEARMA3/videos

Pretty good to get a hand on the basics...

And give it some time to load. It takes a while when you use big markers with a big ammount of units...

Its not the basics I need a hand with, its one of the controls is not working. When I set the OPCOM to invasion, it still spawns troops all over the island rather than just near the MP module like it should.

Its not the basics I need a hand with, its one of the controls is not working. When I set the OPCOM to invasion, it still spawns troops all over the island rather than just near the MP module like it should.
It doesnt place them near the module it places them into a marker defined in the MP. The modules can be placed anywhere but as a general rule its better to keep them near the area that the marker defines. Assuming that you knew that and you do have a TAOR marker then you may have spelled it wrong or missed something that is keeping it from recognizing its boundaries.

Alive can't place units in buildings (CQB module) on Fallujah or Takistan maps, is that correct? I had no success yet...

Alive can't place units in buildings (CQB module) on Fallujah or Takistan maps, is that correct? I had no success yet...

That's correct. The bug has been noted I believe. Really looking forward to the next versions as I've had to effectively stop more development till that's fixed :)

I hope they include the SU-35 as an OPFOR jet they can use... Would be superb to get proper fast movers as a threat.

SJ

It doesnt place them near the module it places them into a marker defined in the MP. The modules can be placed anywhere but as a general rule its better to keep them near the area that the marker defines. Assuming that you knew that and you do have a TAOR marker then you may have spelled it wrong or missed something that is keeping it from recognizing its boundaries.

So this means I need 2 MP modules then, one to define the spawn area and one for the objectives themselves, for an invasion force?

I think for the OPCOM to invade something you need an Opposing MP somewhere. I.e. a blue marker for the red marker OPCOM to direct his troops to "invade"

SJ

So this means I need 2 MP modules then, one to define the spawn area and one for the objectives themselves, for an invasion force?

You use a marker to define the spawn area (TAOR); in the MP module it allows you to select the marker, or leave it blank for the entire island (or, indeed, select a marker as blacklisted, ie forces will spawn everywhere except the marker).

No offence, but this kinda tells me you did not check the tutorials. Please do so... The only thing that can happen is that it helps you.

Here is a Link to a small PDF manual:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/21306/ALiVE%20Manual%20Compressed.pdf