wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hello, wanted to say thank you for ALiVE and ask if there still isnt any easy way to change out the stock futuristic forces for custom ones? I would love to use ALiVE with the North Koreans or Russians.

Hi folks,

I firstly have to say a big thank you to the ALiVE team - what an awesome mod!

I'm no mission editor, but for the most part, ALiVE really does make it easier to put epic scenarios together.

That said, I'm having difficulty with Logistics. I have put Military logistics modules down, and syncing them to the OPCOM, but when running the scenario, I get a message saying my links are broken, Module ML, OPCOM. this happens on multiple occasions, different factions. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hello, wanted to say thank you for ALiVE and ask if there still isnt any easy way to change out the stock futuristic forces for custom ones? I would love to use ALiVE with the North Koreans or Russians.

Yes in the OPCOM and MP/CP modules you can adjust the factions. Be advised that most addons do not work yet with ALiVE as they do not have properly defined group configs. I know the CAF mod does but not sure about others.

Hi folks,

That said, I'm having difficulty with Logistics. I have put Military logistics modules down, and syncing them to the OPCOM, but when running the scenario, I get a message saying my links are broken, Module ML, OPCOM. this happens on multiple occasions, different factions. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Try removing the sync between the modules and re-syncing them...failing that remove the modules, save, re-add them, re-sync, save. Also make sure it's the logistics module that is the problem...not something like your MP module area covers no military installations, etc.

Hi folks,

I firstly have to say a big thank you to the ALiVE team - what an awesome mod!

I'm no mission editor, but for the most part, ALiVE really does make it easier to put epic scenarios together.

Also just as a note that if i Sync from Logistics to OPCOM I get the ML is not Synced but if I sync from OPCOM to Logistics it works without issue.

So that could be the issue as well

Also just as a note that if i Sync from Logistics to OPCOM I get the ML is not Synced but if I sync from OPCOM to Logistics it works without issue.

Thanks for posting this I have noticed the same and will try and repro the problem for a dev heaven ticket.

I'm doing tutorial #2 in the Simple Mission Tutorial series and I've placed the ALiVE Military Category with Military Placement Module and Enable Debug set to yes and Place Units is set to Objectives Only.

When I run the Preview the objectives don't show up on the map at all the way they do in the video. I changed from Beta to latest solid build to make sure it wasn't that causing the problem.

OK I figured this out. What the narrator neglected to mention in Part 1 was that you need to lay down an ALiVE Military Category with Military CQB module for the Military Placement Module to work.

Well I'm finding that the actual application doesn't work like the tutorial frankly. Can't add in the placement of units with Military Placement... Could it be @a3mp @AISS, @Blastcore-A3 @FFISv1.25 @JS_JCFA18 and @JSR2.0 that are screwing things up here?

Edited by Cadmium77

Yes in the OPCOM and MP/CP modules you can adjust the factions. Be advised that most addons do not work yet with ALiVE as they do not have properly defined group configs. I know the CAF mod does but not sure about others.

Try removing the sync between the modules and re-syncing them...failing that remove the modules, save, re-add them, re-sync, save. Also make sure it's the logistics module that is the problem...not something like your MP module area covers no military installations, etc.

Thanks for the quick response. I have noticed the ML module issue in the past and have placed them according to available military installations, so they're all fine. Will try out the re-sync method.

So that could be the issue as well

Thanks also God-Father, I thought that might be an issue. In addressing the sync solution above, I will also make a point of syncing in this order.

I'm doing tutorial #2 in the Simple Mission Tutorial series and I've placed the ALiVE Military Category with Military Placement Module and Enable Debug set to yes and Place Units is set to Objectives Only.

When I run the Preview the objectives don't show up on the map at all the way they do in the video. I changed from Beta to latest solid build to make sure it wasn't that causing the problem.

OK I figured this out. What the narrator neglected to mention in Part 1 was that you need to lay down an ALiVE Military Category with Military CQB module for the Military Placement Module to work.

Well I'm finding that the actual application doesn't work like the tutorial frankly. Can't add in the placement of units with Military Placement... Could it be @a3mp @AISS, @Blastcore-A3 @FFISv1.25 @JS_JCFA18 and @JSR2.0 that are screwing things up here?

Hi Cadmium, can you pm me your skype details and I can assist you on there

Could it be @a3mp @AISS, @Blastcore-A3 @FFISv1.25 @JS_JCFA18 and @JSR2.0 that are screwing things up here?

Hi Cadmium77 I can confirm that AISS does cause issues with Alive try with out this enabled

A3MP and JS_JCFA18 i havnt tested but BLASTCORE, FFIS and JSRS2.0 work well with alive

Hi Cadmium77 I can confirm that AISS does cause issues with Alive try with out this enabled

A3MP and JS_JCFA18 i havnt tested but BLASTCORE, FFIS and JSRS2.0 work well with alive

Thank you ARJay and ScrumpyJacks. Will test with AISS turned off..and FFIS too..Must try ALiVE...it looks amazing.

OK, got the Logistics sorted. Turned out I needed to place that module last, and sync From OPCOM to ML, not the other way around.

Also, I found that spawning armour seems to locate quite close to each other. When a unit of Slammers or scorchers spawn (out of the virtual space) they tend to bunch up and get locked together:

6237C7CC98B58CA3E0B57E3E2F2AA30B64F2473D

Any ideas? It occurs 95% of the time.

OK, got the Logistics sorted. Turned out I needed to place that module last, and sync From OPCOM to ML, not the other way around.

Also, I found that spawning armour seems to locate quite close to each other. When a unit of Slammers or scorchers spawn (out of the virtual space) they tend to bunch up and get locked together:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/487811682567447400/6237C7CC98B58CA3E0B57E3E2F2AA30B64F2473D/

Any ideas? It occurs 95% of the time.

When I did spawn infantry on a base today I was getting that so bad the spawned soldiers were getting bloody injuries and even bleeding to death from spawning on top of one another...

Merry Christmas, comrades!

All the best to your familiy and friends!

Highhead

Merry Christmas to the ALIVE team early xmas present this was for me best MOD out there and looking forward to the future of ALIVE !

Got me back interested in A3 !

Merry Christmas ALiVE'rs.

I wish you all a wonderful time and a Happy New Year and I look forward to supplying with some more goodies in 2014.

Lots of Peace and Love!

Gunny

Does anybody know how to enable Save when I export a mission from the editor to the scenarios page? I don't get the option when I try to play it.

Thank you for this mod, it does some pretty amazing stuff.

I'm having some major issues with the way vehicles are being placed down, however. Much of the time they explode immediately upon being spawned! Have I set something up correctly or are there some major bugs in how vehicles are placed down (whether the elevation is wrong, or the chosen spots are occupied, or vehicles are spawned on to of one another...).

Any ideas?

Thank you for this mod, it does some pretty amazing stuff.

I'm having some major issues with the way vehicles are being placed down, however. Much of the time they explode immediately upon being spawned! Have I set something up correctly or are there some major bugs in how vehicles are placed down (whether the elevation is wrong, or the chosen spots are occupied, or vehicles are spawned on to of one another...).

Any ideas?

Hi Shadow, If you are having this issue at the mission start I suggest sync the profile module to anything that has an init. Also sync it to any vehicles that might be in the proximity of your spawn area. At the beggining of a mission the profile system profiles everything that isnt synced to it and you will lose all inits and sometimes it will spawn multiple vehicles back in the same spot causing an endless chain of explosions. And make sure you have "do not profile synced entities" or however its worded in the profile module

I read earlier that you can overwrite the default factions in ALiVE like BLU_F with mods and such like the Canadian Armed Forces Mod. How would I do that?

Is it possible to place down in the editor some military buildings and then ( I think ) with some gamelogic of some sort make the MP module recognize this location?

Thanks!