wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

How do I get the Military/Player Sector Display to stay live.

I.e. I need the red enemy sector markers to stay marked and not fade (until we kill all the bad guys !)

Thanks

SJ

How do I get the Military/Player Sector Display to stay live.

I.e. I need the red enemy sector markers to stay marked and not fade (until we kill all the bad guys !)

Thanks

SJ

Edit: There is a module (mil sector display)! it will update the sectors with colors according to their occupation state. if you mean the Mil Intelligence module (that is seperate), yeah - that will fade out the markers after a while, would be a feature to put in an option for that!

May I please ask you all (not only you serjames) for a favor! Please log all your issues, feature requests in our dev heaven tracker, there are just too many good ideas and wishes coming in, and we cant keep track of them all! The tracker is located here! Please understand that we cant do anything about wishes/features if they are not posted there!

Thanks in advance!

Highhead

Edited by highhead

Oh God I've lost hours troubleshooting that before :p

If you are playing as BLUFOR and you have Intel synced to OPFOR OPCOM make sure in the params you set enemy intelligence (try to set it to high or show everything to test). Intel module doesn't show real-time location of all units at all times (this is true for friendly AND enemy intel)... check your map often and you should see indicators of OPFOR movements and approx locations.

edit: you mentioned it worked well 1st time then on mission restart it stopped working? By restart do you mean admin login and #missions?

yes admin restart , but now full dedi restart and it worked , but again hit/miss as i run the same mission on our other slot and got no Intel , but the other one did ?

I will set .rpt on and debug , and see what is going on

Serjames, just in case i got it wrong, do you mean sector display module or mil intelligence module?

thanks

Has anyone created interesting missions with Alive yet? I'm interested in seeing what people have done with it. (Besides the 3 sample missions on the homepage)

Hello yes didn't think this was a bug so didn't log it - just a "how do i get it to work 'cos I'm rubbish request" :) Let me explain what we are doing.

Basically I've re-build our Arma 2 Insurgency server using ALIVE to control and generate the OPFOR units. FIA rebs as insurgents in all civi locations and CSAT mil units in the Military bases - with significantly more firepower at their disposal (the way I always wanted Insurgency to work :) )

Only issue is I want to keep the "grids" lit up red to show players what their objectives are and equally the strength of the opfor they are facing.

When I placed the Military Sector module it does flash up the red grids, but they fade away. I need them to stay and then refresh periodically to adapt to the force remaining within that grid.

Hopefully that's something that I missed or is easy to do. If not I can add a tracker for it with no problem

SJ

Hello yes didn't think this was a bug so didn't log it - just a "how do i get it to work 'cos I'm rubbish request" :) Let me explain what we are doing.

Basically I've re-build our Arma 2 Insurgency server using ALIVE to control and generate the OPFOR units. FIA rebs as insurgents in all civi locations and CSAT mil units in the Military bases - with significantly more firepower at their disposal (the way I always wanted Insurgency to work :) )

Only issue is I want to keep the "grids" lit up red to show players what their objectives are and equally the strength of the opfor they are facing.

When I placed the Military Sector module it does flash up the red grids, but they fade away. I need them to stay and then refresh periodically to adapt to the force remaining within that grid.

Hopefully that's something that I missed or is easy to do. If not I can add a tracker for it with no problem

SJ

Hey mate!

Really really happy that you like it and I'm sure we can work out the marker refreshing! I was confused in the beginning, because the military sectors display module actually works like you want it to have. At least it should work like that :) I made a small video showing the refresh of the sectors, this is from the Foursome mission:

Under load this can be slower for sure, but they shouldnt fade out completely. Update will be every few minutes.

By the way I worked a bit on CQB and made it find much more buildings, i believe you will like that for your Insurgency Ops!

latersh

Hmm, ok odd, Yours go really FAST !!

I definitely see them fade out and they take about 3 mins maybe more to fully populate the map, then maybe a minute to disperse. They do not stay lit. There is a long wait till they next show up (i've told the troops on the ground that's the satellite Orbit time.. they're buying it for the moment (!) :) )

Great on the CQB work. Currently I have the CQB markers down, but they do not activate anything. I know they worked on Altis, but not for some reason on Takistan.. Odd.

Keep up the great work - loving the Frames we get !!

SJ

Few things I noticed while on Chernarus with ALiVE, could apply to Altis and other islands as well:

- The military placement does some silly things with airport hangars. One is that it places quadcopters inside them in the middle, occupying a huge hangar with a small remote controlled copter. :D Other is that it might place a helicopter that is too big to get out from the door, like the AAF transport helicopter. In real life the propellers can be folded, but not in Arma. It would be nice if big helicopters were placed outside, so it would be possible to use them.

- Opcom gives the player missions that require destroying a building that is apparently indestructible. This might be of course a problem with the building itself, not ALiVE. :)

Few things I noticed while on Chernarus with ALiVE, could apply to Altis and other islands as well:

- The military placement does some silly things with airport hangars. One is that it places quadcopters inside them in the middle, occupying a huge hangar with a small remote controlled copter. :D Other is that it might place a helicopter that is too big to get out from the door, like the AAF transport helicopter. In real life the propellers can be folded, but not in Arma. It would be nice if big helicopters were placed outside, so it would be possible to use them.

- Opcom gives the player missions that require destroying a building that is apparently indestructible. This might be of course a problem with the building itself, not ALiVE. :)

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback, mate! About the dynamic selection of assets placed in hangars, yeah that will be tweaked! It's a balance between dynamically selecting items from configs without using static definitions, but this means that all the addon-configs need to be in some way standardized, and that is not always easy!

About the undestructble buildings, I heard that before, but wasnt able to replicate it myself (i used 4 charges to be sure ;)!

You are right, its an A3 thing but I may want to exclude those from the dynamic task generation until the player tasks module is coded entirely (these tasks are just workarounds to give players something obviously to do, because many of them feel lost in such a big open world).

In both cases I would ask you to put up a short ticket on our dev heaven tracker (link is in first post), so we dont forget about it!

Thanks!

Highhead

Just to add some feedback I reduced the OPFOR unit count on the takistan insurgency map (stupidly I got greedy and it had managed to creep to 3800 units). Back in a more sensible 2500 arena the Red squares populate properly and update appropriately.

It's odd as the load was never a problem with the 3800 units, server FPS remained high, but I suppose whatever is doing the math for the Squares was struggling.

Can't wait for the CQB to be sorted as there is a dryness to just using the standard mil or civ placement modules the units just walk around in long lines. There doesn't seem to be any diversity to squad level activities.

As a suggestion a Module to allow fine tuning of the Squad level Ai would be superb. Something that allows the same level of higher Ai that Upsmon gives. I.e. fortify, Patrol, Hold etc would be excellent - I will add to the tracker.

SJ

Using ASM to monitor FPS and CPS (conditions per second) it seems that although FPS will remain high, the CPS drops to the floor on very large ALiVE missions. Even on normal ones there are CPS spikes when the ALiVE engine is gong through some large calculations/activities.

tried the mod and liked it very much but initialising the modules takes too long, it takes 5-10 minutes in editor,is this an bug or am i doing something wrong ?

Krem, good you are in testers group, please turn on debug and post your results with latest alive test build and asm in skype closed testers channel. thanks

Hey,

i was creating a mission. It's my first one.

After some test's is it now ready to test. I know, there have many to change. But eventually can someone give me some tipps. This mission is a sandbox-mission and is playing before the campaign begings (civil war on altis).

85.114.154.178:10600

And if someone not aggree to this posting, please feel free to remove it. Suggestions per PN. Thanks :) You need only ALiVE.

ts working great. But I think i read somewhere, it works only at non visible objects.

Hello Gents Your biggest fan Redfield here again :D

I have a small request, I think you guys could probably do this blindfolded or perhaps it is too much a pain in the ass. An "Easy Takedown" Module similar to the event handler present in Patrol Ops 3.0. If you guys are not familiar Roy86 has released his Patrol Ops and it is very cool. There is an option in parameters for "easy Takedown" and it reduces the number of hits for both sides before you die. 1-2 shots and your done and likewise you can kill enemies with two 5.56 hits. The only issue I have with it is that it is exclusive to Patrol Ops. I would like a module that could be dropped into any mission. If that is something that other people might be interested in or would be really easy to put out my whole unit would be very grateful.

Can anyone confirm if the Garbage collector works as we played for about 3 hours and it did not remove any dead

set it to clean every 300sec -

Works fine, you just have to move out of proximity or wait until a threshold is met, to have it perform the cleanup!

I LOVE ALIVE!!!!!! Great ideas and mod, it can be a little confusing to set up but after it is set up it is extremly fun to go behind enemy lines and wreck a little havoc Special Forces style. I have a few questions/comments

Will any AI modification mods like the fire fight improvement system, I think is the name, clash with the mod?

I second the Damage modification a guy in my clan that i play alive with improved/modified on a damage script he found on here,i believe, that really improved gameplay.

I have a few scripts running to add functionality to the player, could this cause ALIVE to be slow to start up in multiplayer?

I havent had issues with any bugs, that i can recall so great great mod.

I am eagerly awaiting the next update.

Works fine, you just have to move out of proximity or wait until a threshold is met, to have it perform the cleanup!

Ahh thanks was still in the area as it was our FOB , that would be why - many thanks for the heads-up :)

I LOVE ALIVE!!!!!! Great ideas and mod, it can be a little confusing to set up but after it is set up it is extremly fun to go behind enemy lines and wreck a little havoc Special Forces style. I have a few questions/comments

Will any AI modification mods like the fire fight improvement system, I think is the name, clash with the mod?

It should be compatible with FFIS. I use them together. With WW_AICOVER , tpw_ebs.