wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

i am trying to stop players turning off the Grass but with no luck , the view distance seems to work fine when I change the setting on the module , but what would i need to set to stop grass from being turned off?

No matter what i set it to I can still turn it off

Hi Alive team, I'm really enjoying your mod, at the moment more testing than actual playing but the possibilities ait gives us are great!

I've tested to create some kind of a small company and put it under my command using the vanilla HC modules while creating more BLUFOR and OPFOR units in map together with OPCOM for both sides. It won't work as Alive profiles them and HC link is lost, but if I unsync from the profile system the groups subordinate to me in HC, it works perfectly! I even receive tasks from OPCOM while keeping command of my forces which I can send to fight the AI profiled units. Just wanted to mention in case it helps somebody else.

One thing I've noticed with A3MP maps mod (Takistan, Zargabad I've tested) which has also been mentioned in the thread, Alive not populating the map with the CQB module, it maybe has to do with the configs or the classes defined for structures and buildings in A3MP, they all read as "House" in the editor, so maybe Alive is not properly identifying them as military, industrial or civilian? I've tested this on Takistan and Zargabad, not checked Chernarus but I supppose will be the same as all the structures are also identified as houses. I've also posted this in the A3MP thread.

Just noticed HC wasn't working in my mission im guessing playing with the profile system should fix the issue i currently have nothing synced and i believe the profile system is set to profile all editor units except synced

One thing I've noticed with A3MP maps mod (Takistan, Zargabad I've tested) which has also been mentioned in the thread, Alive not populating the map with the CQB module, it maybe has to do with the configs or the classes defined for structures and buildings in A3MP, they all read as "House" in the editor, so maybe Alive is not properly identifying them as military, industrial or civilian? I've tested this on Takistan and Zargabad, not checked Chernarus but I supppose will be the same as all the structures are also identified as houses. I've also posted this in the A3MP thread.

Known issue and should be fixed for next update

Hi Alive team, I'm really enjoying your mod, at the moment more testing than actual playing but the possibilities ait gives us are great!

I've tested to create some kind of a small company and put it under my command using the vanilla HC modules while creating more BLUFOR and OPFOR units in map together with OPCOM for both sides. It won't work as Alive profiles them and HC link is lost, but if I unsync from the profile system the groups subordinate to me in HC, it works perfectly! I even receive tasks from OPCOM while keeping command of my forces which I can send to fight the AI profiled units. Just wanted to mention in case it helps somebody else.

I tried using the military and civilian placement modules on Chernarus from A3MP, but they didn't find any locations. I suppose that the map configs might differ a little from Arma 2 to Arma 3, but it would be cool if these maps could be supported in Alive. :)

I've got Alive working fine in Chernarus. Not using CQB but the civilian and military spawns all work.

Both CP and MP modules work on Chernarus, Takistan, Utes, and Zargabad. CQB module does not in v0.5.4 but will for next update.

I tried using the military and civilian placement modules on Chernarus from A3MP, but they didn't find any locations. I suppose that the map configs might differ a little from Arma 2 to Arma 3, but it would be cool if these maps could be supported in Alive. :)

Now I got both of them working perfectly, problem was that I had named few TAOR markers wrong. Stupid me. :D

Quote from your website, "Beside events, statistics and streaming, War Room provides the platform for persisting Multiplayer Campaigns. This allows groups to run "multi-session operations" by storing game state to a cloud based database."

I assume I could use this on a LAN connection to simulate a single player campaign? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to find a way to avoid the problem of single player save games not loading mods. I played your sample mission, Pyrgos Assault, last night with a bunch of Mods including ShackTac HUD and TPW_Mods and they worked very well. But these don't work for me when I load a saved single player mission (I know I can't save this mission right now. I assume the mods won't work in an ALIVE single player save game when/if that becomes available). It's a known issue since the early Arma days, that might never get resolved. There's more info about it here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170378-Mods-won-t-load-from-a-save-game&p=2582304#post2582304

What I'm hoping for is that the way you save the game state in multiplayer will resolve this issue. I'm hoping each time you play the mission it will appear to Arma to be a fresh start, even though it's not, and all the mods will work correctly. I don't understand the technology behind all this so I'm only guessing.

Anyway, I hope you keep this in mind as you develop your mod. ALIVE could be even more popular if other mods worked properly in singleplayer missions that involve saved games. I think a lot of people have this issue. Thanks.

Not home so I can't get on the skype channel. Planning on kicking off our first ALiVE campaign on Saturday.

Problem. I'd really like to see ALL of the ally units, and the MI module doesn't seem to work the way I had hoped. It doesn't give as complete a picture as the debug which is what I thought it would give. Pretty sure I've got it set to "show all friendly units" and it isn't doing it.

any chances to get this beautiful add-on in single player?

It works perfectly in SP, can you please clarify?

EDIT: Ahh, saves... I mostly play it in "one session at a time" approach. Sorry.

Edited by DarkWanderer

i am trying to stop players turning off the Grass but with no luck , the view distance seems to work fine when I change the setting on the module , but what would i need to set to stop grass from being turned off?

No matter what i set it to I can still turn it off

Slight oversight by me!

I seem to have forgotten to add the code to the module, I will get it added.

An Example of how it will work:

To disable the ability to remove grass\change the Terrain Grid, set the Min and Max settings to the same value, so if both are set at 5 then the Terrain Grid for all will be set at maximum and cannot be changed, the text on the PDA will state "Disabled".

I assume I could use this on a LAN connection to simulate a single player campaign?

Mission persistence will require an internet connection to the ALiVE database. ALiVE is written for dedicated servers so running it as a local 'LAN' game may produce unpredictable results. However, you can 'host' a dedicated server on your local machine and then join that with your game client - see the ArmA 3 Servers & Admin forum and the BI Wiki for more details. This is the best way to play AliVE 'Single Player'.

Unlike a traditional game save, the ALiVE database only records the current state of dynamic data (such as player state, objective state, profile state etc) and applies these when same mission is restarted. Everything else (the static data) is essentially refreshed when you restart the server. It won't be a 100% perfect 'save game' but all mission critical elements will persist and it will enable you to restart with all your mods and addons, of course.

The Intel module is very hit / miss not sure if anyone else is having any issues with it ?

We played last night for 2 hours and get Intel now and again which is graet - after a restart we did not get any Intel for whole mission- and again today no Intel ?

Very strange

Also all debug are off but we get this on the map still?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh3rvwmii7qk8l9/2013-12-20_00002.jpg

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

Mission persistence will require an internet connection to the ALiVE database. ALiVE is written for dedicated servers so running it as a local 'LAN' game may produce unpredictable results. However, you can 'host' a dedicated server on your local machine and then join that with your game client - see the ArmA 3 Servers & Admin forum and the BI Wiki for more details. This is the best way to play AliVE 'Single Player'.

Unlike a traditional game save, the ALiVE database only records the current state of dynamic data (such as player state, objective state, profile state etc) and applies these when same mission is restarted. Everything else (the static data) is essentially refreshed when you restart the server. It won't be a 100% perfect 'save game' but all mission critical elements will persist and it will enable you to restart with all your mods and addons, of course.

Thanks for the info. This sounds like a solution that will work and I'm looking forward to trying it out when it's available. Appreciate your reply.

Yep 100% off ill remove the Module and replace to be safe - thanks

And ensure you dont have a second one somewhere lost on the map, because theres defo CQB debug on ;)

And ensure you dont have a second one somewhere lost on the map, because theres defo CQB debug on ;)

yep found one under it :o - so resolved !

Any idea on the Intel issue ? if we use the Sector Intel it works 100% - ( would be nice to be able to set the Time interval in future ? )

I have Intel Syn to OPCOM OPFOR but we get no Intel ?

yep found one under it :o - so resolved !

Oh God I've lost hours troubleshooting that before :p

If you are playing as BLUFOR and you have Intel synced to OPFOR OPCOM make sure in the params you set enemy intelligence (try to set it to high or show everything to test). Intel module doesn't show real-time location of all units at all times (this is true for friendly AND enemy intel)... check your map often and you should see indicators of OPFOR movements and approx locations.

edit: you mentioned it worked well 1st time then on mission restart it stopped working? By restart do you mean admin login and #missions?

Edited by SavageCDN

I was thinking about the problem of most modder's units and vehicles don't conform to the "faction" type needed to be easy to insert into Alive.

If a new module was created within Alive called "Army Faction" or something that held a bunch of empty arrays for the mission maker to fill in. e.g.

Foot Soldiers[]; Patrol[]; Mechanised squad[]; Armour[]; Support[]; Air[] etc.

Each section could be filled in with classnames from whatever mod the mission maker desires. Then the whole module could be sync'd to the Opcom, which uses the information to spawn all it's units from.

Alternatively, you could have them sync'd to Military Placement and Civilian Placement modules, so you can fine-tune what units appear where on your map.

I appreciate this would take quite a bit of work to implement, but it would open up Alive to a much wider range of mods and varied uses.

@zach72

If a new module was created within Alive called "Army Faction" or something that held a bunch of empty arrays for the mission maker to fill in. e.g.

Foot Soldiers[]; Patrol[]; Mechanised squad[]; Armour[]; Support[]; Air[] etc.

Each section could be filled in with classnames from whatever mod the mission maker desires. Then the whole module could be sync'd to the Opcom, which uses the information to spawn all it's units from.

I use something similer with AISS, BUT it not in Module form. Maybe I can figure out a way to make that part into a module and sync it to Opcom. lol Now to find a section on how to create modules. Thanks Zach72. :) If I can figure this out I may be able to make AISS and ALiVE compatible. Provided the other thing I'm looking at doesnt work down the road.