wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I second this question. How do we create conditions based on enemies present/not present on map/in specific sector?

Easiest work around would be simply to place an OPFOR unit in the editor near the OPCOM module or a suitable 'HQ' location.

I tried placing an OPFOR unit within the trigger area but it vanishes briefly too. There is no HQ as only the Military Civilian Placement module is in use (the mission is to clear a town of OPFOR).

You can still make your own HQ or whatever - for best effect you should use ALiVE to complement mission making, not totally replace it. If you place a unit and synch it to the Profile Module to prevent it being profiled at all, does this work? Failing that, put a delay on your trigger to run after mission start.

Would it be possible to Add markers to the profiler? Say I dont want to profile anything at my base because they all have INITs but I also dont want to try and sync every vehicle, aircraft, and infantry unit. Making markers BLUFOR_BASE and OPFOR_BASE or something and then an option in the profiler module to ignore units in the following markers... [bLUFOR_BASE,OPFOR_BASE] etc...

Any chance of an overall debug on/off switch in admin controls?

I ask for one reason. Most of the time using the mil placement or civ placement modules with no marker it can take a long time to initialize.

This is more for the overall "real war mode" and probably an extreme.

My thought would be: the admin would join the server, run the mission and wait for it to stop showing new markers.

Then once all is done the admin can turn off debug and allow others to join.

Its sort of a preparation system that allows the mission to be, for lack of a better term, preloaded.

Edited by KevsnoTrev
spelling and better sentence structure

I think I have seen conflicting information on syncing placement modules and opcom modules.

-in the tutorial missions - if you want your opcom to attack the opposing placement modules you should sync your opcom to those opposing placement modules

OR

-referenced in this thread (and a post here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?632725-Arma-3-ALiVE/page2 ) you should not sync opcom modules to opposing placement modules

which is correct?

and what is the proper way (direction) to sync placement modules and opcom's? placement to opcom, or opcom to placement? or does it depend upon the above answer?

or did I just miss something (or add something!) and am wasting time with this post?

thx!

Edited by hlfritz
clarifications

Is there an easy way to use custom units in Alive?

Would it be possible to Add markers to the profiler? Say I dont want to profile anything at my base because they all have INITs but I also dont want to try and sync every vehicle, aircraft, and infantry unit. Making markers BLUFOR_BASE and OPFOR_BASE or something and then an option in the profiler module to ignore units in the following markers... [bLUFOR_BASE,OPFOR_BASE] etc...

This is a good idea and might be worth implementing. Sync lines get tedious with high numbers.

thats the one question i wish to know....how to make just US Seals and Delta Forces (MOD) spawn in as BLU_F instead of just generic BLU

Any chance of an overall debug on/off switch in admin controls?

I ask for one reason. Most of the time using the mil placement or civ placement modules with no marker it can take a long time to initialize.

This is more for the overall "real war mode" and probably an extreme.

My thought would be: the admin would join the server, run the mission and wait for makers to stop showing new ones.

Then once all is done the admin can turn off debug and allow others to join.

Its sort of a preparation system that allows the mission to be, for lack of a better term, preloaded.

Another good idea, we are looking at putting some control on debug for admin actions. Currently you could use the reveal units in the admin actions menu to get a view of what profiles are out there.

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

Depends on the Mod, if you look back in this thread there are many posts about custom mod units. At the moment they are a bit limited but should be more in future.

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

thats the one question i wish to know....how to make just US Seals and Delta Forces (MOD) spawn in as BLU_F instead of just generic BLU

URL to this mod? I can grab it and take a look at the config settings.

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

I think I have seen conflicting information on syncing placement modules and opcom modules.

-in the tutorial missions - if you want your opcom to attack the opposing placement modules you should sync your opcom to those opposing placement modules

OR

-referenced in this thread (and a post here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?632725-Arma-3-ALiVE/page2 ) you should not sync opcom modules to opposing placement modules

which is correct?

and what is the proper way (direction) to sync placement modules and opcom's? placement to opcom, or opcom to placement? or does it depend upon the above answer?

or did I just miss something (or add something!) and am wasting time with this post?

thx!

Depends if you want the OPCOM to 'know' about those areas. He wont attack or defend objectives that aren't synced.

Direction is not important.

URL to this mod? I can grab it and take a look at the config settings.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=138947&highlight=DEVGRU#138947 ....by massi ....there are classlist built already if you use this weapon pack... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912&highlight=NATO%2BRUSSIAN%2BSF%2BWEAPONS

pretty common pack, I'm back searching this section now

@Davis0079 and Sixt

If the Units have a proper cfg they are really easy to implement. The problem I tend to run into is most custom units are not associated with Armor or Aircraft so that just leaves lots and lots of light infantry. If you dont care about them having vehicles they should work fine.

I wish to have generic blue populate some markers as Nato...then seals or delta populate another...both blue....then OPfor on the map

I'm not to great with the way the arma series does its missions....this could be a newb arma problem and not an alive problem...but since Alive is the only reason I even subcribed to this forum...I figured I'd ask here...

Edited by Davis0079

By the way: To browse the thread with more posts per page you can click thread tool show printable and show 100 posts per page.

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=138947&highlight=DEVGRU#138947 ....by massi ....there are classlist built already if you use this weapon pack... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912&highlight=NATO%2BRUSSIAN%2BSF%2BWEAPONS

pretty common pack, I'm back searching this section now

Had a look in the configs, it wont work, shares the same issues as the rest of Massi's unit mods. On the config note I have written a post in the Configs & Scripting forum which I hope some units modders will support.

thz for the quick reply....manually adding them, then letting Alive build the rest of the world and using the profile functions has proven to create the scenarios I'm hoping for....

Best addon ever...cant wait to see what Alive brings in the future

Operation Cromwell

Update on current mission Progress

Reworked the blufor team (Dumped Beerkats Brit units) decided to stay with the standard NATO units provided by BIS

Total Playable count is 106 units each units has specific dedicated roles

Also dumped alot off unnecessary scripts from mission folder

All that's left to do is test this on a server and see how it runs should be no issues :D

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3srtxssqs2n7ppv/_uEvkD9_Gf?m=

Arjay,

thx! in regards opcom sync with placement modules, is this a correct understanding then?

-each team/faction should have an opcom that the placement modules are synced with to control them.

-if you want an opcom to 'know about'/attack the opposing team that opcom should be synced with the opposing placement modules as well, noting that the opcom module faction selections are correct for the faction/team it is controlling

- so you could end up with 2 BLU placement modules synced to an opcom module that is then synced with the RED placement modules. conversely the RED placement modules would be synced with their opcom which would then be synced with the BLU placement modules. this would then result in each team/faction attacking each other.

- this also requires these placement modules are profiled by the profile module

a separate question regarding the military intelligence module. it seems only one is allowed per mission? so we cannot set up one for each team/faction if we wanted opposing players on each team? also this module should be synced to the enemy opcom or the friendly opcom? I believe enemy opcom.

Thx!

You can set the Profile Module to "profile only synced units". This will allow to leave any editor placed units untouched.

I have the CQB module in my mission, is the CQB module just to populate buildings or does it also make the AI patrol the streets? me and my group are looking for more street fighting but it seems a large majority of Alive AI spawn in fields surrounding the towns when the marker is placed over the town.

I have the CQB module in my mission, is the CQB module just to populate buildings or does it also make the AI patrol the streets? me and my group are looking for more street fighting but it seems a large majority of Alive AI spawn in fields surrounding the towns when the marker is placed over the town.

CQB puts its units inside houses, its more of an ambient addition. Those units will then move around inside and outside and also visit nearby houses!

So either that or the units in the fields were MIL/CIV MP troops.

Hi Alive team, I'm really enjoying your mod, at the moment more testing than actual playing but the possibilities ait gives us are great!

I've tested to create some kind of a small company and put it under my command using the vanilla HC modules while creating more BLUFOR and OPFOR units in map together with OPCOM for both sides. It won't work as Alive profiles them and HC link is lost, but if I unsync from the profile system the groups subordinate to me in HC, it works perfectly! I even receive tasks from OPCOM while keeping command of my forces which I can send to fight the AI profiled units. Just wanted to mention in case it helps somebody else.

One thing I've noticed with A3MP maps mod (Takistan, Zargabad I've tested) which has also been mentioned in the thread, Alive not populating the map with the CQB module, it maybe has to do with the configs or the classes defined for structures and buildings in A3MP, they all read as "House" in the editor, so maybe Alive is not properly identifying them as military, industrial or civilian? I've tested this on Takistan and Zargabad, not checked Chernarus but I supppose will be the same as all the structures are also identified as houses. I've also posted this in the A3MP thread.