wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Having an issue and no idea why ?

I have just 2 markers

1st marker > Military Placement > OPCOM - this one works great if i test on its own then i add in the next marker

2nd marker > Military Placement > OPCOM - same set-up apart from Military Placement has a different TAOR

i get an error about module ALIVE_ML - they all spawn fine in both zones ? can i have more than 1 OPCOM using the same faction ?

RPT

ALIVE Live Analysis - active sector analysis
Faction OPF_G_F is already used by another OPCOM (side: EAST)! Please change the faction!
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML Startup [module_6]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] has required modules defined: ["SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] required synced ALIVE_OPCOM module has started:false
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] is not ready to be started, waiting on: ["SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - Startup queue not empty, looping...
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] required synced ALIVE_OPCOM module has started:false
ALIVE Registry - ALIVE_ML [module_6] is not ready to be started, waiting on: ["SYNCED"]
ALIVE Registry - Warning module startup appears to be broken, aborting. Check your module syncronisation settings for possible errors - Module remaining to be started: ALIVE_ML 

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

does the mod come with a built in vehicle respawn module? I'm asking because seems BIS have broken most respawn scripts and the vanilla Vehicle respawn is broken to.

would maybe be a good idea to add one anyway as the big servers run alot of vehicle support on there maps. great mod though guys well done thanks

Having an issue and no idea why ?

I have just 2 markers

1st marker > Military Placement > OPCOM - this one works great if i test on its own then i add in the next marker

2nd marker > Military Placement > OPCOM - same set-up apart from Military Placement has a different TAOR

i get an error about module ALIVE_ML - they all spawn fine in both zones ? can i have more than 1 OPCOM using the same faction ?

There should only be one OPCOM per faction. If your second marker is also the same faction you would just sync the first OPCOM to the second MP as well as the first. Im not sure why you are getting the ML error if you havent placed a Military Logistics module.

for some reason it was not deleting the module i removed it in mission.sqm and it now works - weird

Can i have 2 OPCOM thou say 1 for occupation top of map the other for invasion other end of map or are you saying only ever use 1 per faction ?

Ok Guys Been setting Up A Quick Mission With Alive Today And Would Kindly Like To Share My Progress So Far

Would Currently Like Some Feedback And Guidance As This Is My First Mission I Am Sure I have Made Plenty Off Mistakes

The Only Add-on Requirement is POMI_PMC What Can Be Easily Found On Play With Six

Currently Im Currious As Whether Or Not I Have BTC_REVIVE, DAPMAN And ALIVE MODULES Set-up Correctly

Other Scripts Such As SBV And Mad Civilians I'm Not To Worried About For Now

Any Way Here Is The Current State Off The Mission

Drop Box Link Contains Both Packed And Unpacked Files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yfvlrj6upxzmjmy/NfZwVmaVO2

Could it be possible to make it so that enemies cannot come over the sea with cars and tanks? Now the virtual side allows them to move over the sea. If I go close and make them real, they will spawn to the closest land. I am mainly worried about the Pyrgos Gulf section. Trying to make it so that one side controls the other side and one the other and the choke point would be north of the airfield but enemies keep coming over the sea :( Maybe if someone would come over they sea, they would be boat atleast or helicopters.

Also this might be already too much to ask but would be it possible that the virtual AI would still go on the roads, or at least near the roads when they are not "fighting". During fightning or when getting near enemy lines, ofc spread out but when they are moving further away from enemy lines, make them go on the roads.

I think I noticed this as well and was going to mention it or log it as a bug but wanted to make sure I could reproduce it somehow. I've seen tanks that seem to spawn along the beach in an area where they couldn't have possibly gotten to by land because they would have had to go through where I was to get there. In other words they seemed to get there via water by the profile system.

ARJay, AAF does indeed spawn fixed-wing at least in the hangars at the central airfield. I don't know if they're using them for support though.

Hi comrades, the groups that move over water because its the direct route to their destiantion spawn on land still. Pathfinding is a pretty intense calculation on cpu, i tried once to create boats if they are on water but failed to get to find them the nearest coast without having really high impacts on performance thats why it is as it is now. Expect improvements on this in the upcoming months.

You can have one opcom control several factions as lomg as they are from the same side, this is also why there are several faction dropdowns on the module. Just as a headsup :)

Just had a 3 hour test on our dedi with about 15 players and I must say it runs extremely well the AI was about perfect once they spotted you - Well done such a great MOD !!

only 2 issues

1. we never received any Intel

2. never had tasks

3. some of the time you could walk up to the AI and they did nothing until you fired at them then they reacted

Ok Guys Been setting Up A Quick Mission With Alive Today And Would Kindly Like To Share My Progress So Far

Would Currently Like Some Feedback And Guidance As This Is My First Mission I Am Sure I have Made Plenty Off Mistakes

The Only Add-on Requirement is POMI_PMC What Can Be Easily Found On Play With Six

Currently Im Currious As Whether Or Not I Have BTC_REVIVE, DAPMAN And ALIVE MODULES Set-up Correctly

Other Scripts Such As SBV And Mad Civilians I'm Not To Worried About For Now

Any Way Here Is The Current State Off The Mission

Drop Box Link Contains Both Packed And Unpacked Files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yfvlrj6upxzmjmy/NfZwVmaVO2

Hi ScrumpyJacks, All looks pretty good, except the CQB modules, you only need 1 CQB module that you then sync to your placement modules, not 1 CQB per placement module as you have in there now. Also you might be able to speed up the init of the mission by using less placement modules and defining multiple markers on those modules. Looks like a fun mission, once you have it done report back and we can stick it up on the website.

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

ARJay, AAF does indeed spawn fixed-wing at least in the hangars at the central airfield. I don't know if they're using them for support though.

Ok thanks for the headsup Pugs I'll take a look at the air placement stuff again this week.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Just had a 3 hour test on our dedi with about 15 players and I must say it runs extremely well the AI was about perfect once they spotted you - Well done such a great MOD !!

only 2 issues

1. we never received any Intel

2. never had tasks

3. some of the time you could walk up to the AI and they did nothing until you fired at them then they reacted

Hi 1PARA, glad to hear your enjoying it :) If you want to jump on the skype support channel pm me your skype details and I can add you and take a look at your mission

Hi ScrumpyJacks, All looks pretty good, except the CQB modules, you only need 1 CQB module that you then sync to your placement modules, not 1 CQB per placement module as you have in there now. Also you might be able to speed up the init of the mission by using less placement modules and defining multiple markers on those modules. Looks like a fun mission, once you have it done report back and we can stick it up on the website.

Thanks For The Reply ARJay

Deleted The CQB Modules Except One And Synced To MP AN CP Modules And Has Also Reduced The Placement Modules Significantly But I Havnt Noticed A decrease In Mission Init

Apart From That Everything Seems Ok Just Moved PMC Forces Further South And Added In Playable NATO Troops At The Airfield

On Another Issue I cant seem To Get The Heli Transport Module To Work With The PMC Faction

I would Like To Add in Support For ACRE Is It Possible To Use The Mso Init-mods.sqf To Call ACRE And Dump ACE EOD And Cim Sections Or Would That Require Additional Editing

Dev Update

Hey everyone just a quick update to let you know what we are up to! We've been blown away by the great feedback from our Alpha release (RC1 0.5.2). Its certainly very motivating! We've released a couple of hot fixes over the weeks and updated ALiVE so it's compatible with Arma 3 Stable 1.08 version.

We are now heads down working on RC2 (0.6). The main theme for the next release is data. That doesn't sound very glamourous! However, the data part forms the backbone to our web integration.

So, what will data give us?

Well, the first thing is tracking player performance. The stats/events system is built and has been tested now for a couple of months. You can see our proof of concept here (http://www.arma3live.com). We'd love to get feedback on the data captured. We're also hoping to provide groups with an ability to review events in their mission, but this function may or may not make RC2.

The second key thing for data is the ability to "save" your mission state to our central DB. This means that you can take a break from operations and come back another day, starting from where you left off. There is minimal setup required (just a single config file) and no database requirement for your server.

The final thing we are doing with data is grabbing performance data. We all know how important MP performance is in Arma 3, so we're grabbing perf data to evaluate how ALiVE is doing on your servers. This means we can a. optimise our code for performance and b. allow you to see how your server compares to others.

Of course none of this would be possible without a web front end to access that data! In fact in order to take advantage of our data components, you'll need to register on our website - http://alivemod.com

Our developers ARJay and Gunny have been hard at work on this and we have a complete group and player registration system for RC2. You'll be able to upload group and player avatars, register players and servers in your group, tag group commanders and download the alive config file for server/data integration. Registration will open with RC2, so stay tuned on this.

Data is not the only thing coming in RC2.

Gunny has been hard at work improving the Combat Support module to include UAVs, Arty and more. Jman has developed Arma 3's very first MP compatible weather system to ensure client machines are properly in sync without any abrupt changes. Highhead is improving the OPCOM module as well as fixing some key bugs. We're also ensuring our modules work well with popular mods such as Nimitz, FA/18, MCC and some of the unit mods. We're looking at how we can offer both player logisitics (moving objects around, filling them, respawn etc) and force logistics (replen of forces etc) and these WIP modules may make RC2 also.

So, when is RC2 due? With the holidays approaching it will be difficult to get anything out this side of xmas. We are aiming for the first week in Jan, so fingers crossed!

Thanks again for your support, season greetings to you all!

ALiVE Mod Team

alivemod.com

Scrumpy: Combat Support will only work with PMC if they have a helicopter in their faction, as it prevents you using units from a different faction (you'll need to check which PMC are by default). The latest test version enables use by all support units on their Side (not just faction) which makes life a little easier.

ACRE shouldn't require any init calls to make it work - just run it as an addon and play.

ACE, EOD and CIM have nothing to do with ALiVE and are in fact all ArmA2 addons - if they're there may have crept in from an older MSO init.sqf so should be deleted.

Do you plan on incorporating these EOD and CIM addons back in if the authors port them in time as they made a big impact in mso we used to run, once the terrains are back in A3 eod was a vital part for mso in afghan terrains and the cim was the cream on top of MSO. As at the moment Alive feels like a more conventional war zone as mso for me was more counter insurgency which I do miss badly

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Combat Support will only work with PMC if they have a helicopter in their faction, as it prevents you using units from a different faction (you'll need to check which PMC are by default). The latest test version enables use by all support units on their Side (not just faction) which makes life a little easier.

Hi friznit2, We have been using the AiA/A2 A-10's for our CAS with the Combat Support module. I just wanted to post this if anyone else is using AiA with ALiVE. I have used the A-10's to great effect and they even seem to switch between gun runs, Mavericks, and LGB's at random. I have AH-64D's set up in the newest version as well but I havent uploaded it to our server yet for testing.

EDIT: ^^^^^

As at the moment Alive feels like a more conventional war zone as mso for me was more counter insurgency which I do miss badly

ALiVE is pure Gold, but I really, miss the counter insurgency as well. We have had some success adding Drongo69's units to our Alive Takistan map but it required changing their faction to opfor wich is no big deal except it would break a lot of our older missions. I really think ALiVE is making great progress and the counter insurgency is right around the corner.

Edited by Redfield-77

Couple things, otherwise happy. In my AIskill module I have BLU and BLU_F in veteran and IND_F,OPF_F in custom. I am using opfor for profile stuff and only ind for cqb in the cities. The CQB module is working, to note only the first cqb module works, I have been unable to place and make multiple work which is a severe handicap as you might want 20 percent in this city and 30 in this one, instead its blanket coverage. But regardless the Independent's I have spawning through the cqb module are not applying the AIskills I have set in the custom menu of aiskills module. Is this intended? Is there a way to modify them, cause the built up military bases are wonderful but entering a ind held city is like genuine terror. You will die.

Thanks! Yeah intel doesnt work much, not a big deal though neither is the rest. Other feedback: occupation/invasion modes on opcom is not really working, prob need to be fleshed out, AI attack base at mission start like immediately which is a little fast(its being looked at). and I dont know if logistics is actually respawning anyone and AI enemy still win against supposedly superior friendlies in profiled mode. Good job guys!

Scrumpy: Combat Support will only work with PMC if they have a helicopter in their faction, as it prevents you using units from a different faction (you'll need to check which PMC are by default). The latest test version enables use by all support units on their Side (not just faction) which makes life a little easier.

ACRE shouldn't require any init calls to make it work - just run it as an addon and play.

ACE, EOD and CIM have nothing to do with ALiVE and are in fact all ArmA2 addons - if they're there may have crept in from an older MSO init.sqf so should be deleted.

Thanks For The Reply

For Know I have Dumped The Transport Support And Just Gone For An Empty MH-9

Sorry Perhaps I explained The Acre Part Incorrectly

But I noticed Back When Playing MSO For Arma2 players/Servers Did Not Need To Have Acre To Play But If Player/Server Had Acre Then An Acre Box Would Spawn At Marker Named ACRE I Believe This Was Called From The Init-Mods.Sgf File

wildfire,

I believe i posted it already somewhere in the last 50 pages -> In Multiplayer, the CQB units spawn on nearest clients for performance sake, meaning the AI skill module very likely wont affect them at all as it runs on server (we need to investigaste some more). I like the idea of having the option of placing several CQB module instances, though over the long term, CQB module should be taken over by OPCOM and TACOM. This will for sure be discussed internally some more!

About the bases beeing attacked immediatly, thats intendend, OPCOM analyses which strategic objectives need to be taken, and sends out its troops.

Do you think there should be a delay of some sort? Or what kind of mission do you want to build?

thx

Highhead

Is there any reason the default vehicle respawn module would stop working with ALiVE modules placed?? just did a quick test on a blank mission and the respawn worked. put it in my alive mission and nothing :S

Is there any reason the default vehicle respawn module would stop working with ALiVE modules placed?? just did a quick test on a blank mission and the respawn worked. put it in my alive mission and nothing :S

Yes you need to ensure those vehicles are not profiled

Good job with ALiVE - Thank you :)

I think I have something that can help with player logistics. I'll send PM on this.

COIN ops (counter insurgency) is definitely on the drawing board.

3rd party addons are not being integrated into ALiVE - it caused a massive headache in MSO and it's a lesson we're not willing to learn again. As mentioned before, we will of course make every effort to ensure ALiVE is compatible with other addons (i.e. it doesn't break them if they happen to be used together) but we won't convert existing 3rd party addons into ALiVE modules. If the makers of EOD, CIM or ACRE convert their addons to ArmA3, there should in theory be no reason why they don't play nicely together.

I have to say that this is some amazing work so far, so impressive even at this early stage; it feels really slick and polished already.

But not only that, your attitudes too, really good. Really looking forward to where you take this in the future.

So if the Spawn Radius is set to 1500 meters in the Profile System, and a sniper or tank 1600 meters away sees me, then they can fire on me and I won't be able to see them because they will only exist in virtual space. Is that correct?

If I'm playing someone else's ALIVE mission in multiplayer is there a way to know the spawn radius setting? It might be useful to know, in case situations like the above can occur.

Been liking your sample missions so far. Looking forward to seeing this evolve. Thanks for all your hard work!

This should probably go in the ALiVE thread no? I'm not a developer, but:

1 - no AI sniper or tank will ever fire on you from 1.6km believe you me :) I don't think virtual and real units can interact in any way although I'm not 100 sure%

2 - no