wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I can't manage to get the custom AI module to work, am i doing something wrong here ? ( Only ALiVE System, CQB Module and AI Module are used in this mission )

grToeTu.png

Also does the CQB module work with the Profile System ?

Thanks in advance.

I can't manage to get the custom AI module to work, am i doing something wrong here ? ( Only ALiVE System, CQB Module and AI Module are used in this mission )

http://i.imgur.com/grToeTu.png

Also does the CQB module work with the Profile System ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Drakenof, use a comma seperated list eg: BLU_F,OPF_F no brackets enclosing, and no quotes

I seem to do something wrong with OPCOM module. Any time I place an OPCOM module Alive spawns nothing. When I remove it, stuff spawns. What I simply do is place Opcom and link it to the MP module.

Make sure you have the Requires Alive module placed and that the factions are set correctly in OPCOM and MP modules. Also check the MP module and make sure it's set to Place Units instead of Objectives Only

Try removing you CQB module if there is one on your map. That seems to have worked for a few people. Also see this script below to get an idea of AI values

//skill settings:
/*
//call with 
[_mygroupname, skill] spawn EGG_EVO_skill;
e.g. [_guard,3] spawn EGG_EVO_skill;
0 = random
1 = conscript
2 = irregular/rebel
3 = regular army
4 = elite infantry
5 = spec ops

*/

EGG_EVO_skill =
{
_grp =  _this select 0;
_skill = _this select 1;

if (_skill==0) then {_skill=(round random 4)+1};
//	_baseskill = skillfactor; //set in init -can develop an initial base skill modifier for parameters use later

switch (_skill) do
{
	case 1: //conscript very low skill
	{
		{
			_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.05];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.05];
			_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.02];
			_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.02];
			_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.1];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.3];
			_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.3];
			_x setSkill ["general", 0.2];
		} forEach (units _grp); 
	};
	case 2: //rebels low skill
	{
		{
			_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.1];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.1];
			_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.05];
			_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.05];
			_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.2];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.4];
			_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.4];
			_x setSkill ["general", 0.3];
		} forEach (units _grp); 
	};
	case 3: //regular fair skill
	{
		{
			_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.15];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.15];
			_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.1];
			_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.1];
			_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.3];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.5];
			_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.5];
			_x setSkill ["general", 0.6];
		} forEach (units _grp); 
	};
	case 4: //elite soldiers medium skill
	{
		{
			_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.2];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.2];
			_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.2];
			_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.2];
			_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.4];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.6];
			_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.6];
			_x setSkill ["general", 0.7];
		} forEach (units _grp); 
	};
	case 5: // specops good skill
	{
		{
			_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.3];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.3];
			_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.3];
			_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.3];
			_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.5];
			_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.8];
			_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.8];
			_x setSkill ["general", 0.9];
		} forEach (units _grp); 
	};
};
};

Wow, that's hard to believe. Thanks for the info. Those #'s seem so low but apparently now. I will give those a try. So what does the min and max values in AI skills module cover? Is that for more randomness? I guess I need more info related to that module. THanks in Advance.

The devs are working hard to update it for the A3 1.08 patch. It will be released "When Ready" which based on their previous schedule should be later today. No promises though :p

I really hope and wish ALiVE guyz your project will do it's best to stay updated regarding Rydygier's HETMAN.

Attention Soldiers!

We worked hard to provide you an updated version for the new A3 stable patch!

Please refer to the first release post for further details!

- Repo updated 11/12/2013 @17:30 GMT

- Latest Version set to 1312111

- Release Build 0.5.4

- Mandatory for ArmA3 1.08.113494

- Includes fixes and improvements based on your feedback (thanks guys)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

PWS will sync shortly!

v.1312111 changelog

[VARIOUS] Updated Clusters for stable (dev build clusters used)

[MIL_OPCOM] Updated SP Foursome Showcase with new modules and removed Multispawn

[DEMO] Updated Foursome demo with new module params

[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Fixed default value (f.e. if module wasnt updated yet)

[MIL OPCOM] Changed addActiveCommand to setActiveCommand in TACOM, fixed groups not patrolling

[MIL COMMAND] Lowered patrol radius for garrisonning troops

[MIL/CIV PLACEMENT] Implemented default behaviour (to be done: dropdown for initial stance)

[sYS_PROFILE] added setActiveCommand method to clear add and activate mil_commands

[sUP_CS] Added Spawn Height param in SUP_CAS and SUP_TRANSPORT to work with Nimitz MOD

[sUP_MULTISPAWN] Various fixes for unwanted dodgy behaviour

[sUP_CS] added UAV Support as CAS

[sYS_VIEWDISTANCE] - Partial fix for #73189

[MIL_PLACEMENT] fixes to enable 3rd party factions to be placed

[FNC_ANALYSIS] fixed faulty analysis data on stratis

[sYS_REGISTRY] Implemented output of init state of modules on startup (MP compatible)

[MIL_OPCOM] Fixed Init warnings not displayed if debug was off

[sYS_PROFILE] MCC fix

[sYS_PROFILE] fix for empty vehicle non profiling

[MIL_PLACEMENT] - Randomised direction of aircraft in hangers

[MIL_OPCOM] Fix for https://dev-heaven.net/issues/73280 (Task name wasnt displayed correctly)

[GRP_A3] Fixed "Item STR_A3_CfgGroups_East_OPF_F_Motorized_MTP_ORG_Technicals0" listet twice

[sYS_PLAYERTAGS] Fixes for labels not showing correctly if on upper floor

[sYS_xSTREAM] Added first draft module of sys_xstream. Currently, WIP, menu not working

[sYS_PROFILE] Fixed converted editor units werent controlled by OPCOM (bad faction)

Thanks for your support!

See you on the battlefield!

Highhead

Edited by highhead

:butbut:

RTFChangelog

Heh, yeah I see that but I just checked my map. It works when I launch without MCC. Doesnt Work when I launch with. Do I need to remove modules that I placed with the old version? and replace them?

Heh, yeah I see that but I just checked my map. It works when I launch without MCC. Doesnt Work when I launch with. Do I need to remove modules that I placed with the old version? and replace them?

That I'm not sure about... do you get any error or something in RPT file when launching with MCC?

Do you guys have any server load numbers yet? Really this question goes to anyone running large(ish) ALiVE missions on a server. Looking for CPU and RAM loads.

Will check MCC in a minute. But in any case, please be aware that supporting third party mods will never be the highest priority. We will of course make best endeavours to fix bugs in ALiVE that may be preventing compatibility with popular mods, but it's by no means top of the list.

Welp, i'm giving up.

Every single mission i make with ALiVE ends up in a stuttery, low FPS, mess. Valley of JPD ? 30 FPS max. Tutorial mission 9 ? 29 FPS if i'm lucky. All that running on an overclocked 3770K with a 690 GTX / 32gb ram.

The mod is probably not the culprint, anyway, ArmA 3 is an unoptimized fucking mess since forever and it's not going to change. I'm done. I just can't stand this shit anymore.

Will check MCC in a minute. But in any case, please be aware that supporting third party mods will never be the highest priority. We will of course make best endeavours to fix bugs in ALiVE that may be preventing compatibility with popular mods, but it's by no means top of the list.

Removing the modules and then placing them again seemed to work. I'm not sure why but everything seems to be in order now. Not supporting all 3rd party mods is completely understandable. I just hope you guys will continue to support the "Gold Standard" mods such as MCC and ACE3 should it ever come out. ALiVE is an incredible mod and Im sure it will become one of the Community standard mods just like MSO was.

Welp, i'm giving up.

Every single mission i make with ALiVE ends up in a stuttery, low FPS, mess. Valley of JPD ? 30 FPS max. Tutorial mission 9 ? 29 FPS if i'm lucky. All that running on an overclocked 3770K with a 690 GTX / 32gb ram.

The mod is probably not the culprint, anyway, ArmA 3 is an unoptimized fucking mess since forever and it's not going to change. I'm done. I just can't stand this shit anymore.

Have you tried running a local dedicated server and connecting with your client to it yet?

That seems odd... my i7 920 with 4GB RAM and a GTX570 runs about the same frame rate with demo mission in SP

Yup. Tried all scenarios. Multiplayer, local, and solo.

before you ragequit, please start debug console and do a ((count allUnits) + (count allDead)) for me in variable checker when FPS are getting low.

thanks

Edited by highhead

Have you tried running a local dedicated server and connecting with your client to it yet?

glad you said that . just reminded me.. we cannot get ALIVE to work on our dedicated... I was under the impression that this was build around Dedi? can someone chime in here.. I have been super busy, and time right now to search thew the whole thread, i have not.. but i havent not seen any mention if anyone else is having problems on a Dedi server. anyone else have any intel then can scoot my way?

glad you said that . just reminded me.. we cannot get ALIVE to work on our dedicated... I was under the impression that this was build around Dedi? can someone chime in here.. I have been super busy, and time right now to search thew the whole thread, i have not.. but i havent not seen any mention if anyone else is having problems on a Dedi server. anyone else have any intel then can scoot my way?

actually its working on all localities (SP, host, dedi), is playable as all factions (at least vanilla ones for now), im just running the fresh server binary (see here) with it and its great. Most of us do it, so if you got support issues I suggest you join our skype channel (linked in first release post). We are glad to help!

HH

Edited by highhead

"linked here" but there is no download. is this server.exe included with the latest update, is that what their talkin about? that link doesnt have any thing to download its just talking about the 1.08 server *performance biniary* does that meen the Arma3server.exe??

"linked here" but there is no download. is this server.exe included with the latest update, is that what their talkin about? that link doesnt have any thing to download its just talking about the 1.08 server *performance biniary* does that meen the Arma3server.exe??

until this above is available officially its working completely the same with arma3server.exe!