wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi all, Wilf42, your problem is same that mine, I thought that after placing opfor military placement everything stopped, but what really happened is that the system spends

3 minutes to generate two military placements, one blue, another opfor. It doesn't matter if I add a OPCOM or not, it happens the same. My game works with 50-60 fps, then

I think it isn't a sytem problem. if I add two markers to one military placement or three, it works properly, problem comes when I add another military placement, same or different side.

Once it starts up after 3 minutes, if I go out to mission editor and go in again with some modifications about units size, etc.. it works properly from the beginning, just the problem

with adding different military placement, I expect to have explain myself enough.

thanks all.

Howdy.

In ALiVE - Simple mission tutorial - Part 5, I've been trying to place "Marine Infrastructure" as directed by ARJay. I've been following everything to the letter....did it 4 times....no dice. I keep getting the following warning when in game: "Alive Civilian Placement - Warning no usable locations found for placement, you need to include locations within the TAOR marker." I expanded the marker to cover many towns and the sea ports and it still didn't work. I also turned on the 'debug' option in the Civilian Placement Module...it still didn't work. I then changed "Marine Infrastructure" to "All" and it worked, even some of the ports came up along with a boat load of other stuff on the island. I then tried the "Marine Infrastructure" again and it gave me the warning again. Anyone else having this problem? If not, then I'm wondering if a Mod is interfering with Modules.

Thanks for your time.

I'm getting the missing module error here, I rolled back to the stable Arma 3 version, redownloaded ALiVE and CBA_A3 to make sure nothing was missing. Still getting the error, and more importantly the MIL placement modules won't work. I know the mod is installed properly because the admin features work, I even tried the secret little Nuke function too.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're supposed to place Requires ALiVE, the profile module, the military placement module, a marker for that module, and an OPCOM module synced to the placement one? Yeah it didn't work at all.

Hebrew Hammer,

What map are you using?

What mods?

I had a ton of issues when I first started playing with it. MCC will break the modules for sure. Also there is a significant list of maps ALiVE will work with but it wont work with them all.

Suggestion: min/max for the skill settings, so that we get min + random (max - min) - for some more variation and unpredictable units.

Thats a great idea!

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Howdy.

In ALiVE - Simple mission tutorial - Part 5, I've been trying to place "Marine Infrastructure" as directed by ARJay. I've been following everything to the letter....did it 4 times....no dice. I keep getting the following warning when in game: "Alive Civilian Placement - Warning no usable locations found for placement, you need to include locations within the TAOR marker." I expanded the marker to cover many towns and the sea ports and it still didn't work. I also turned on the 'debug' option in the Civilian Placement Module...it still didn't work. I then changed "Marine Infrastructure" to "All" and it worked, even some of the ports came up along with a boat load of other stuff on the island. I then tried the "Marine Infrastructure" again and it gave me the warning again. Anyone else having this problem? If not, then I'm wondering if a Mod is interfering with Modules.

Thanks for your time.

Ah bugger I just realised the problem here.. For anyone getting the same error with Military Civillian Placement module and it not finding any objectives, please set the Object Size filter on the module to "Do not filter" instead of "Ignore small objectives" Apologies for that oversight, we introduced a filter by default because if you are not using the type dropdown you get a huge amount of small settlement locations which can add far to many units.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

I'm getting the missing module error here, I rolled back to the stable Arma 3 version, redownloaded ALiVE and CBA_A3 to make sure nothing was missing. Still getting the error, and more importantly the MIL placement modules won't work. I know the mod is installed properly because the admin features work, I even tried the secret little Nuke function too.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're supposed to place Requires ALiVE, the profile module, the military placement module, a marker for that module, and an OPCOM module synced to the placement one? Yeah it didn't work at all.

Hi can you please try and join the Skype channel and we can try to assist you? We are working on some easier to understand messages for missing connections etc, so bear with us.

For anyone having problems joining the skype channel please PM me your skype name and I will try to add you manually.

Skype link again

Edited by ARJay

Hebrew Hammer,

What map are you using?

What mods?

I had a ton of issues when I first started playing with it. MCC will break the modules for sure. Also there is a significant list of maps ALiVE will work with but it wont work with them all.

I'm using TMR with a couple of vehicle/weapons addons. Nothing like MCC though.

Ah bugger I just realised the problem here.. For anyone getting the same error with Military Civillian Placement module and it not finding any objectives, please set the Object Size filter on the module to "Do not filter" instead of "Ignore small objectives" Apologies for that oversight, we introduced a filter by default because if you are not using the type dropdown you get a huge amount of small settlement locations which can add far to many units.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, ARJay. You guys are the best. You took a great game and made it Unbelievable / Incredible... best regards.

- AKA .... HighPlainzDrfter (from the "Original Oz".... I personally know Dorothy :p .... and I have to keep dodging those Tornado's about once or twice a year).

Edited by rehtus777
grammar correction

I'm using TMR with a couple of vehicle/weapons addons. Nothing like MCC though.

If you are not able to join the skype channel for help can you please refer to the tutorial mission download on the website (at the bottom of the tutorial video section) Grab those missions and run them on your mod setup see if there is still an issue, you can also compare the mission that is giving you problems, with the ones in the archive. Cheers

Hey Arjay, fellow Melbourne boy, awesome work dude!

One thing I am wondering is if there is any for infantry units to use air assets as transport across vast distances on the map, I tried the 'airborne' weighting but did not have success.

Hey Arjay, fellow Melbourne boy, awesome work dude!

One thing I am wondering is if there is any for infantry units to use air assets as transport across vast distances on the map, I tried the 'airborne' weighting but did not have success.

Thanks RAINF! Airbourne is currently still in development. And a proper AI logistics module is yet to be built, currently we have the alpha Logistics module which only spawns new profiles on already occupied locations. It has always been a requirement that logistics goes beyond this simple system towards using staging areas, landing points, and to make proper use of transport vehicles to move forces around and to conflict areas. So I guess the answer is we are on it!

Okay cool, well I will make do with closer settlements for the time being. Great work, looking forward to future releases!

ARJay, tried that from the get go and still doesn't seem to make a difference.

enjoying this mod aq lot. hope its helpful - heres a persistent error i keep getting on a very simple mission based on the quick start tutorial in the userguide

OPCOM analysis started

[TIMER STARTED]

Error in expression <,_pos] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM};

} foreach _profiles;

};

};

};>

Error position: <_profiles;

};

};

};>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _profiles

Error in expression < [count _inf,_x];

};

};

};

};

} foreach _profileIDs;

[_logic,"infantry",_inf] c>

Error position: <_profileIDs;

[_logic,"infantry",_inf] c>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _profileids

File x\alive\addons\mil_opcom\fnc_OPCOM.sqf, line 1286

ARJay has been very helpful.

Another thing I've noticed is that settings for what type of troops you want under the civilian placement modules don't work. I've tried light infantry and airborne units, but still end up with a large amount of tanks and vehicles.

Hey ARJay, This could be my crappy PC but....

While working on missions I have noticed that turning off debug mode on modules breaks them, but only until you restart Arma 3. Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this but its hardly game breaking. It does however mean that when I finish a scenario and after testing it I have to turn off all the debug, save, then re-launch Arma 3 to make it work again. Just thought I would let you know. If its only my PC, even better, disregard.

Edited by Redfield-77

Another thing I've noticed is that settings for what type of troops you want under the civilian placement modules don't work. I've tried light infantry and airborne units, but still end up with a large amount of tanks and vehicles.

Sounds like it's working as intendned: check the manual - those settings only influence the enemy weighting type. Enemy groups in ALiVE are based loosely on real world combined arms battle groups with a fair bit of randomisation thrown in. So even if you select Airborne, they may still be supported by a few armoured vehicles, artillery and other assets though you will generally get more light inf, soft skin vehicles and helis.

Do you guys use this together with ai mods like ww_aicover and tpwmods? Well I used it with quite a few mods, I'm not sure which one caused the problem: I had serious delay in shooting and sound, also bad performance overall, bad responsibility of UI. With only @Alive and JSRS and some minor mods, its perfectly fine.

Disable mods one by one until you find the culprit.

My guess is TPW, but it could also be wwaicover, since it's probably applying all the AI modifications to the units spawned by ALiVE.

Love the Mod guys. Thanks to the ALiVE team!.

I tried using CAS Support with B_UAV_02_CAS_F and everything looks good but I see the "Unit is combat ineffective" message on the tablet. Sorry if this has been brought up before but I don't recall reading it.

I was able to use the small bird for transport and FA18 E/F. Awesome mod guys!

I tried using CAS Support with B_UAV_02_CAS_F and everything looks good but I see the "Unit is combat ineffective" message on the tablet. Sorry if this has been brought up before but I don't recall reading it.

How were you able to use the FA18 E/F without it trying to take off into some trees? Every time I put one down it won't use any of the runways

This happened to me when I unknowingly placed the unit over a big rock. It spawned on the rock and blew up. I would double check your not trying to place the asset on something that is destroying it.

Hi guys, great mod.

having an issue with the AI, I'm using no ai mods only jsrs sound mod. now the AI no matter what setting I give them via the AI skill module, they just will not attack each other, not even spot each other. even giving a direct command to attack they do not, and some times it will crash the game right after giving the order to attack. I have re-created this crash multipule times.

so I then get rid of the AI skill module and save reload and still the same outcome. but, starting a fresh new mission without any ALiVE modules, the AI is fine.

here is a link to the mission

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19617802/ALIVE_WARZONE_v0_1.Altis.rar

any ideas?

many thanks

Edited by Metalvenom

Now that you mention this I think I have seen the same thing.

This happened to me when I unknowingly placed the unit over a big rock. It spawned on the rock and blew up. I would double check your not trying to place the asset on something that is destroying it.

I placed the airplanes and UAV on the largest runway on Altis. The UAV is not damaged at all. Every other vehicle seem to work fine. The UAV shows up in the tablet with its own icon but with the message that its ineffective.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

How were you able to use the FA18 E/F without it trying to take off into some trees? Every time I put one down it won't use any of the runways

I used the largest runway. Here's a video of what I did. What worked and what didn't.

Now that you mention this I think I have seen the same thing.

Hoi!

Be aware that this settings is only for the majority of placed troops! You will still get other types as well, just not as much!

On the train, bad connex... Laters :)