wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

So, question. Is it possible to re-enable radio commands for "Profiled" A.I? Right now I am playing single player, I have all the A.I set to be profiled. It is really wild. However, the Squad Leader never says anything over the chat communication. Only in proximity voice. So if I am not close enough to hear what he wants me to do, I can't do it.

Is there a way to re-enable this somewhere in the code?

Thanks.

So, question. Is it possible to re-enable radio commands for "Profiled" A.I? Right now I am playing single player, I have all the A.I set to be profiled. It is really wild. However, the Squad Leader never says anything over the chat communication. Only in proximity voice. So if I am not close enough to hear what he wants me to do, I can't do it.

Is there a way to re-enable this somewhere in the code?

Thanks.

Hi HJohnson, Can you try:

Sync the group your in to the profile system module, and select do not profile synced units

First and foremost, absolutely excellent work so far. And thanks for fixing the MCC issue.

I have a couple of questions/observations/comments:

1. Are there plans to allow the mission maker to mark objectives with whatever weighting Alive uses when it picks up its own from the map? This would be great to allow mission makers to setup other areas specific to their mission or give greater weight to certain objectives etc.
  2. I'm trying to create a beach assault type mission starting in the NE of Altis but there are almost no points that Alive finds for Military or Civilian Placements. As per #1 above if I could setup my own objectives all along the coast this problem would be solved. As an aside I also noticed that if I used a Civilian Placement with no restrictions on type it didn't find anything but if I set the type to "Marine" (or whatever it is), it found like 1 location in the entire NE side.
  3. Will there be other methods of changing Alive settings via script calls for mission makers? This would allow us to do a lot of interesting things ourselves that would feed into Alive. Perhaps changing weighting of objectives on the fly etc. I can think of a million things that can be exposed via script that would greatly help mission making.
  4. As an observation I am finding that objectives are pretty much static so if you start the player off in the same location every mission they are always given the exact same task. Would be nice if things were randomized a bit or tasks given out differently somehow. I realize that because of the weighting of objectives etc. that one could potentially always be the main one but even with the demo mission it seems my player is ALWAYS given the exact same task to start. One would think that with all the troops and groups that start this mission I wouldn't always get the same one. I hope I am explaining this correctly. But basically, mission play-through seems too similar every restart.

If a faction does not have an HQ set will it not recieve reinforcements from the Military Logistics tied to that OPCOM?

1. Are there plans to allow the mission maker to mark objectives with whatever weighting Alive uses when it picks up its own from the map? This would be great to allow mission makers to setup other areas specific to their mission or give greater weight to certain objectives etc.
  2. I'm trying to create a beach assault type mission starting in the NE of Altis but there are almost no points that Alive finds for Military or Civilian Placements. As per #1 above if I could setup my own objectives all along the coast this problem would be solved. As an aside I also noticed that if I used a Civilian Placement with no restrictions on type it didn't find anything but if I set the type to "Marine" (or whatever it is), it found like 1 location in the entire NE side.
  3. Will there be other methods of changing Alive settings via script calls for mission makers? This would allow us to do a lot of interesting things ourselves that would feed into Alive. Perhaps changing weighting of objectives on the fly etc. I can think of a million things that can be exposed via script that would greatly help mission making.
  4. As an observation I am finding that objectives are pretty much static so if you start the player off in the same location every mission they are always given the exact same task. Would be nice if things were randomized a bit or tasks given out differently somehow. I realize that because of the weighting of objectives etc. that one could potentially always be the main one but even with the demo mission it seems my player is ALWAYS given the exact same task to start. One would think that with all the troops and groups that start this mission I wouldn't always get the same one. I hope I am explaining this correctly. But basically, mission play-through seems too similar every restart.

Hi Delta,

All those points are valid and mirrors a lot of what we have planned for the future. Please bear in mind that we are at a very alpha level, with not much more than a very solid base completed (bugs reported so far has been pretty low for a project of this scale), as far as our dreams go.

1: We would like to have an API completed for scripters to hook into eventually, we are working towards it, but the priority has been to get working modules out the door.

2: We are working on a user custom placement module, so the user can define a custom objective, and build thier own base there etc etc and have it picked up by OPCOM

3: See 1

4: Tasks system for OPCOM was a very last minute inclusion, you may consider this a pre alpha version of a standalone tasks module we have planned.

Thanks for the feedback, we welcome considered responses like yours.

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

If a faction does not have an HQ set will it not recieve reinforcements from the Military Logistics tied to that OPCOM?

HQ's are not used for much at the moment, but will be soon. Logiststics module has no effect on this.

Thanks for the thorough response ARJay.

It looks like you have a great base to build on considering it is pre-alpha and will be looking forward to these additions at some point in the future.

Good Morning/Aftermoon/Night -

I have a question about this LOG message: OPCOM SIDE (EAST/WEST) exceed!state OPCOM Analysis state TACOM: waiting for dataduration 1..2...3....500...600...700.

that Occur after the placenments modules finished to trace all the area, and I get no Mission. Any solution? or what I'm doing Wrong? Thank, Alive Dev.Team Greate work.

if it stops after a while its fine, though 700 seconds is too long defo! try to give it less profiles and/or objectives or be patient :)

btw. does it really start with 1?

--------------

Anyways, would be cool to keep that thread somewhat clean of support talk >>> please join the ALiVE skype channel if you got more support related questions, really nice ppl in there!

If you think you found a bug please post it on the dev heaven bug tracker (link found in release post)!

thanks

Edited by highhead

First of all congratulations for this mod, it is amazing.

I have got one problem, I follow youtube tutorial to create a military placement that belongs to my own side, it works correctly, but when I create an Opfor Marker and a opfor military placement, everything

stops working and neither my own side nor opfor mil. placement work, I don't know what i am doing incorrectly.

Thanks

if it stops after a while its fine, though 700 seconds is too long defo! try to give it less profiles and/or objectives or be patient :)

btw. does it really start with 1?

No, sorry was a example it begins around 200-100 I guess. Thank you for your reply

I have a problem with the enemies spawned by the CQB-module. They are stupid... They aren't shooting and when the do they shoot one shot then wait a couple of seconds then shoot one shot again. Other enemies are acting normally.

I have a problem with the enemies spawned by the CQB-module. They are stupid... They aren't shooting and when the do they shoot one shot then wait a couple of seconds then shoot one shot again. Other enemies are acting normally.

Go into the AI skill module and adjust as needed. I have been tinkering with the custom levels.

Anyways, would be cool to keep that thread somewhat clean of support talk >>> please join the ALiVE skype channel if you got more support related questions, really nice ppl in there!

If you think you found a bug please post it on the dev heaven bug tracker (link found in release post)!

thanks

I click your join us on skype link on the first page and it just opens a blank tab.. o.0

I click your join us on skype link on the first page and it just opens a blank tab.. o.0

You got skype installed i guess, before you clicked? Tried another browser?

First of all congratulations for this mod, it is amazing.

I have got one problem, I follow youtube tutorial to create a military placement that belongs to my own side, it works correctly, but when I create an Opfor Marker and a opfor military placement, everything

stops working and neither my own side nor opfor mil. placement work, I don't know what i am doing incorrectly.

Thanks

I seem to have the same problem. In fact I can go a little further. The problem seems to occur whenever I have more than one placement module (military or military civilian) on the map. I really want to get this working because, judging from the tutorials, this is exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions anyone can offer.

Why am I having these problems.....what am I missing....any help appreciated!

I am looking to have the majority of Altis occupied by OPFOR with 6-8 BLUFOR playable units (created in the editor) attacking their areas (mil placements/civ mil placements). My issue is....TASKS will NOT generate for my small squad, even though I have selected OBJECTIVES ONLY and I DO have it all synced up correctly.

Requires Alive - yes

Profile sys - yes

Blufor OPCOM is synced with Opfor Mil Placements

TAOR markers are correct etc

Very Frustrating......is it even possible to play without AI Blufor teammates?

You got skype installed i guess, before you clicked? Tried another browser?

ok tried it in another browser and it opened skype to the dial a number page.. o.0 nothing else

Hey,

Im doing the showcase that you provided. How do i bring up the tablet menu thing?? i looked in the manual and cant seem to find it im possibly just being blind.

P

Hey,

Im doing the showcase that you provided. How do i bring up the tablet menu thing?? i looked in the manual and cant seem to find it im possibly just being blind.

P

for me its the key between my right Ctrl key and my Windows key.

OK, apologies for the false alarm. What's actually happening is that the time taken to identify locations increases significantly (for me at least) when there is more than one placement module on the map. Time required goes from a few seconds with two markers and one module, to several minutes with three markers and two modules.

Is this normal behaviour or do I have a particularly slow system?

Suggestion: min/max for the skill settings, so that we get min + random (max - min) - for some more variation and unpredictable units.

for me its the key between my right Ctrl key and my Windows key.

Unfortunately for me that key for me doesnt exist :(

maybe it is located elsewhere on the keyboard - it looks like a page/piece of paper image on the key.