wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thanks for the feedback, we've noted the issue with the Showcase mission, we'll try to issue a fix in the next 24 hours.

Cheers

Tup

@tyl3r99:

A. Yes, logistics will go on forever if you set it to.

B. Objectives need to be cleared of enemy before they are considered captured, though OPCOM may still send reinforcements if it thinks an objective is under threat.

C. CS won't automatically rearm/repair or respawn yet - that's still WIP.

D. An MP Revive/Respawn Manager module is in progress. We couldn't get it working properly in time for this release but it should be ready for RC2.

E. Any unit mod that has groups properly defined will be used by ALiVE automatically.

Hey guys, Congrats on the release.

Quick question, I've tried the App key and also mapped the custom 20 key to another combination ( CNTRL + Z) and neither brings the Tablet up?

Any idea's

From the manual...

By default, players must have a Laser Designator to submit CS requests. The item required is customisable in the main CS module.

Once in game, correctly equipped players can access the Combat Support console via the user interaction menu. Alternatively, any player can also gain limited control to individual support assets such as transport helicopters by ‘talking to the pilot’ via the Action menu once mounted.

Maybe I did this wrong. But I set things up, yet I never recieve any orders besides "formation line". The Team Leader never has us go do the objectives...

So with the CAS support the plane only works if you independent? because I put down a Combat Support CAS changed it to the plane instead of attack chopper and sync'd it with the combat support module and it doesn't not appear as an option for the CAS in the tablet thingy

From the manual...

Still no luck on that, I had Laser designator so must just be me.

Maybe i've got a mod running which is screwing with it.

I'll try it sometime just on it's own.

Weird.

Still nice launch.

whats the difference in the occupation and invasion opcoms?

ive had no AI try to attack our base yet :(

Experienced mission editor checking in.

ALiVE noob checking in.

I essentially wanna set up enemy forces across all of the map (or a large portion) that consists of mainly light vehicle and infantry rebels. The blufor squad (player controlled), coupled with other blufor forces. Should be assigned objectives to go and take out certain areas. Obviously, I want this to be a somewhat long lasting mission (ie, have to be done in multiple sessions). How would I go about this? I have already watched the tutorials and read the manuals.

wow awesome release this mod looks the bomb! but if i understand correctly it is for stable only? with my crappy internet connecton im loath to revert to stable when dev branch brings so many imporvements.

id say ideally for stability then yeah stable build but im sure its playable on dev branch but they may be some consequences im sure.

give it a try otherwise you wont know ;)

Can't find admin action key once its placed in editor. Can't find in manual. Help.

After trying out ALiVE a little bit in the Editor i can simply say : TRULY EPIC!

I´ve only placed my Group, two big Markers, covering Stratis in two Parts (North and South), placed and synced all needed Modules including Mil / Civ / CQB, and previewed.

I have NEVER seen such a Full Scale War all over the Island, created in more or less than five Minutes. A pretty simple, but very impressive Scenario. :D

A big thanks to the ALiVE Team. Stunning Work so far!

Hi Guy's,

Apologies there seems to be a slight issue with the setting of the custom key for the interaction menu, so only option is the windows app key for now. We will work on it and get it fixed asap, along with the showcase.

Cheers

Cool, Cheers for the update Gunny.

Wondered why some guys were getting it working and i couldn't.

Look forward to the fix in the future.

So with the CAS support the plane only works if you independent? because I put down a Combat Support CAS changed it to the plane instead of attack chopper and sync'd it with the combat support module and it doesn't not appear as an option for the CAS in the tablet thingy

Currently the Combat Support Assets are only available for the faction it belongs to, I am currently working to script it that assets are available to all factions that are friendly to each other.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

So I'm guessing its not supposed to command you then...

I think you may have misread something fella!

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

After trying out ALiVE a little bit in the Editor i can simply say : TRULY EPIC!

I´ve only placed my Group, two big Markers, covering Stratis in two Parts (North and South), placed and synced all needed Modules including Mil / Civ / CQB, and previewed.

I have NEVER seen such a Full Scale War all over the Island, created in more or less than five Minutes. A pretty simple, but very impressive Scenario. :D

A big thanks to the ALiVE Team. Stunning Work so far!

Awesome mate, glad you like it!

After reading the manual and inspecting the tvt missions, first few questions come to mind:

1. Enemy respawns - Any way to get this to work? Or will the island become abandoned after all units are dead? Logistics module says "not implemented" in the manual, yet it keeps being mentioned. How exactly does it work?

2. Scaling number of enemies (including enemy respawns) to number of players - Is there any way to do it? Via modules or external scripts if needed?

3. Gear/Class management - Anything in the mod for this or does it all have to be externally scripted?

4. Player vehicles - Similar to Gear/Class - Is there any way to get those via modules? Or only placing them in the editor and using external scripts to respawn them?

5. Garbage collection - Will damaged vehicles always stay when not cached? Will it clean items dropped on the ground as well (especially "physics weapons" automatically dropped by dead units)?

6. Intelligence module - If I understand correctly, without friendly AI this will do absolutely nothing?

7. Customized enemies - Any way to control the enemy equipment? For example spawning red units with guerilla uniforms, shemags and MK2000s. I guess there is no way, but it would be very nice if we could configure the structure of the enemy forces in the future with simple external script files.

8. Which module is responsible for the "side missions" objectives? How would one set up a mission with main emphasis on those?

Edited by galzohar

Right Guy's, I didn't code the Custom Key part but have just been advised of some things, I have tested it and it works (should have done that before raising it with HH)

Please ensure that, once you have set the custom key in the settings that you either disconnect and reconnect to the server you are playing on, or restart the mission if SP or in the Editor!

This is only required to be done on first set-up.

Edited by Gunny1979

Cosmic.

That incredible thing finally unleashed. So much work in this, so much layers of complexicity. Viewing tech demo I felt like a kid in a chocolate factory. :)

Congratulations, guys. Amazing idea, amazing effect.

galzohar:

1. Logistics is implemented but only basic functionality. That is, it will resupply AI groups but it's done 'magically' at the moment, so you won't see the resupply trucks moving from the rear echelon to the front lines just yet.

2. No automatic scaling to numbers of players is available or planned. That's up to the mission maker to judge.

3. There will be a Player Logistics Support module coming soon, which will allow you to request new kit and vehicles. This is some way off for now so for the meanwhile you can simply place them in the editor, use regular spawn script or another addon like MCC Sandbox, VTS or VAS to spawn them in.

4. The garbage collector is basically the same as the BIS one with a few tweaks.

5. Int Module - you can synch it to whichever OPCOM you want to get intel about. So Synch it to an OPFOR OPCOM with full intel turned on and you'll start to get reports on their location.

6. ALiVE uses group configs to spawn AI, so you'll need to make a custom config for whatever customised AI you want.

7. OPCOM Side missions are very basic at the moment but a lot more will come in future.

Is there a way to dynamically change the number of AI via a script? The problem is that if you start playing with only 3 players and get completely overwhelmed, and then 8 more players join (if the original 3 haven't quit in frustration yet) and now the AI no longer stand a chance and the players get bored.

For regular gear, is it completely up to external scripts? Or does ALiVE do anything to the gear as well (say upon player respawn)? So far, I have noticed that shortly after respawn in the demo TvT mission all my magazines are slowly removed. What is supposed to be saved and when am I supposed to add gear to players (first login? Any login? Every respawn? Is ALiVE even supposed to do anything gear related in the current version?).

How do you make the opcom spawn the side missions? Or is it automatic just by placing it, with syncing only giving it more specific locations?

Is there a way to make the support transport/CAS respawn?

Edited by galzohar

ive noticed that sometimes the enemy OPCOM (lets say opfor base) will not try to attack your OPCOM base

and that the units wont try to complete the objectives (i.e. blow up their HQ)

what happens when the enemy HQ is destroyed? does that zone become yours?