spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

Mostly the armor rating is too high, I play with a fairly small group of guys and we found with a TFA plate carrier you can take quite a few direct hits with minimal injuries (one guy got tore into by a BMP and didn't even go down). a few of the other guys think that the bags carrying capacity needs to be adjusted in relation to the size of bag. 

however all that said, I haven't found any other mods this gorgeous and I love the custom 5.11 bags and the quality of the uniforms.

maybe the option to do so.....or a "lite" version. some of us like the crazy armor and capacity values lol.

I know a lot of people have been reaching out to me about the armor value changes from the Nexus update. 

I'm home sick today and was able to see what I could do. Unfortunately, during my move a year and a half ago, I lost my master config file when cleaning my PC. I attempted to deconstruct one through eliteness and it gets cut off towards the end, leaving all the appropriate armor values left in cyberspace.

I think I'm screwed unless someone else knowledgeable can help me recover the damn config file.

PM me immediately if you know why Eliteness cuts off the config when I try to save the config.bin to config.hpp.

Probably a good time to say that this mod will be dead in the water until I figure this out. Moreover, even if I do figure it out - I have 0 free time to pump out updates, so if someone wants to inherit the project, let me know. 

Edit: 

I was able to find the remaining config stuff.

I've removed all armor values (they'll inherit all standard BIS stuff), until I figure out what BI did to their armor. Also, to clarify, I completely lost my P drive. And I've been out of the modding scene for a while so trying to figure out how to make a new signature and all that good stuff to get this out to yall is a PAIN. Any tips?

Any tips?

Yeah man, lots of fluids and even more rest! that should get you back up and running in no time lol 

Hey Spectre, is there any plans for a 1.54 update fix? Right now the body armor has no protection.

Literally just two posts above yours. :angry:

I'm slowly working on it, but I've been out of the scene for so long I dont know what changes need to be made to the stuff (is it only to the config? Not a clue). If anyone knows, let me know!

It's only config as far as I know. BIS Wiki page for the "hit-points" changes.

Right thats for custom models, most of my stuff is just retextures and reconfigs of BI stuff. So... all the reports of my armor and whatnot not doing anything since the update couldn't be wrong? Unless the Armor=# value in the config.cpp overrides that hit-point change in which case may be the root cause?

Can anyone actually FACTUALLY VERIFY that the armor and all my stuff doesn't protect?

Ive been editing some of our in house mods to suit the update. You can just inherit all vests directly from vanilla vests and then the correct values will be present. To see if it worked, hover over the vest item in your inventory to see the armour value.

I downloaded your mod and it seems everything is working fine. Not the most thorough of tests, but your headgear and vests all have the new tooltip line listing their "Armor Level."

agreed!! my tests show everything to more or less be working okay. Haven't seen any issues. But that being said  guess it wouldn't hurt to take a peek a double check. Let me know if you need any help.

On a side note, does anyone know which .pbo contains Kerry's guerrilla uniform (the combat pants with black shirt)? 

Right thats for custom models, most of my stuff is just retextures and reconfigs of BI stuff. So... all the reports of my armor and whatnot not doing anything since the update couldn't be wrong? Unless the Armor=# value in the config.cpp overrides that hit-point change in which case may be the root cause?

Can anyone actually FACTUALLY VERIFY that the armor and all my stuff doesn't protect?

Hello Sr. i checked your mod with the last update 1.54 of arma 3 and this not have the new valour of Armor, i had the same problem and I could solve it, if you need any help, i not have problem in help to you; only write me by PM ....

Sent you a message but will post here so others who are following can comment on if they can help.

Was setting this up using the Eden editor and noticed today for first time that I am seeing a UK patch on the plate carrier for all uniforms that are not the candidate or instructors. Trying to find out if this is just an anomaly of something that shows up all the time. Also all of the TFA units use British accents. I figure it is something in Eden that I haven't sorted out just yet but also looking for help there as it isn't a deal breaker just yet since our ALiVE missions don't have voices since it is all multiplayer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did some rather extensive testing tonight. Final prognosis:

TFA armor no longer gives any protection at all. :(

The body armors and helmets all have basically no armor on them. They're not inheriting any sort of values from the BIS gear. When wearing the BIS gear we can take upwards of 4-7 shots before being downed, and 1-2 in the combat helmets. With the BIS heavy armor, upwards of 12 shots to the vest can be absorbed before being dropped.

In tfa gear, one shot anywhere will drop you instantly, regardless of which armor or helmet you're wearing.

• Like 1

I have indeed had this problem as well, Spectre are we likely to see a fix? I'm guessing that something has occurred where the vests no longer inherit the vanilla gear properties.

Did some rather extensive testing tonight. Final prognosis:

The body armors and helmets all have basically no armor on them. They're not inheriting any sort of values from the BIS gear. When wearing the BIS gear we can take upwards of 4-7 shots before being downed, and 1-2 in the combat helmets. With the BIS heavy armor, upwards of 12 shots to the vest can be absorbed before being dropped.

In tfa gear, one shot anywhere will drop you instantly, regardless of which armor or helmet you're wearing.

I have indeed had this problem as well, Spectre are we likely to see a fix? I'm guessing that something has occurred where the vests no longer inherit the vanilla gear properties.

I reached out to Spectre about this and he informed me he doesn't have the time to fix the problem because he would have to start from the beginning, He let me know that if anyone wants the graphic files to re-script them its all theirs. 

Hello, since the release of Apex. I've been experiencing some glitches with TFA gear specifically. All uniforms that do not have rolled up sleeves (with the RS in the name) the top piece does not appear. Another bug is sometimes when loading a saved loadout with a TFA helmet, the helmet does not appear and the slot is empty.

WmpFYVg.jpg?1

• Like 1

I'm aware and got around to confirming all the issues last weekend. I'm looking into breaking into my mod to recover what was lost in order to begin to work on fixes. Doing my best guys.

• Like 4

Okay. So with the help of T_D, I've recovered the lost files!

Now I have to spend some time sorting through stuff - now all the uniforms are invisible. I remember that this is a common issue and an easy fix - just forgot how to resolve it. I'll figure it out at some point.

• Like 5

Okay. So with the help of T_D, I've recovered the lost files!

Now I have to spend some time sorting through stuff - now all the uniforms are invisible. I remember that this is a common issue and an easy fix - just forgot how to resolve it. I'll figure it out at some point.

How is progress?