spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

Thanks Moorezy. Hope ya enjoy the pack! The base game has both Olive and Black balaclavas. I dont see the need to include any other variants. So, no, sorry.

The balaclavas they have are like terrorist balaclavas with the mouth hole. I was talking about ones like these...

http://www.semisweetandnuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/balaclava.jpg

The balaclavas they have are like terrorist balaclavas with the mouth hole. I was talking about ones like these...

http://www.semisweetandnuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/balaclava.jpg

I dont have a model to use for this - Cunico's HiddenIdentity does though. Check that out.

Meanwhile...

v4.17

Added:

- 5.11 RUSH 12 packs w/Antennae (compatible w/TFAR!)

Scratch that off my todo/wishlist.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release again :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Woah! You got your dream to come true!? You sly dog, you.

*applause*

Well done, you really never cease to amaze me, Spectre. 100/10

Alright, so I'm going to open with this: I love your mod pack. I use this, in conjunction with Design Mastery weapons, and Massi's weapons (only because I haven't found a good marksman & sniper pack, or LMG's pack), along with the GPNVG-18 (the one with the 4 tubed NVG's). Perfect combination in all honesty.

So, I was creating my mission last night, and I was looking for an AOR1 pattern..you have the MARPAT DES (which is great) and the old DCU uniform. My only request, along with perhaps new backpack camo patterns, is an AOR1 configuration. You'd make me a happy camper! :P

Unless I'm utterly blind and didn't see that the pattern is already in there. In which case, I'll face palm myself.

Much appreciated! Great work!

Alright, so I'm going to open with this: I love your mod pack. I use this, in conjunction with Design Mastery weapons, and Massi's weapons (only because I haven't found a good marksman & sniper pack, or LMG's pack), along with the GPNVG-18 (the one with the 4 tubed NVG's). Perfect combination in all honesty.

So, I was creating my mission last night, and I was looking for an AOR1 pattern..you have the MARPAT DES (which is great) and the old DCU uniform. My only request, along with perhaps new backpack camo patterns, is an AOR1 configuration. You'd make me a happy camper! :P

Unless I'm utterly blind and didn't see that the pattern is already in there. In which case, I'll face palm myself.

Much appreciated! Great work!

As far as I know there's no real AOR1 camouflage in this pack.

However I've found that the NWU2 pattern is pretty much identical. As for weapon packs, have you tried Trixie's Sniper & Marksman Pack? I use that, and a combination of SMA and BTC Weapons (which has a few LMGS like the Mk. 48 and M249).

Hope I could be of some help :)

Edited by Gilatar

AOR1 is NWU2. NWU2 is the Navy's adopted designation for it. NWU2 is in my pack. New backpacks were added yesterday - with a lot of camo designs. Look for TFA 5.11 RUSH names. If you want sniper/mg weaponry, try the CUP stuff.

As far as I know there's no real AOR1 camouflage in this pack.

However I've found that the NWU2 pattern is pretty much identical. As for weapon packs, have you tried Trixie's Sniper & Marksman Pack? I use that, and a combination of SMA and BTC Weapons (which has a few LMGS like the Mk. 48 and M249).

Hope I could be of some help :)

AOR1 is NWU2. NWU2 is the Navy's adopted designation for it. NWU2 is in my pack. New backpacks were added yesterday - with a lot of camo designs. Look for TFA 5.11 RUSH names. If you want sniper/mg weaponry, try the CUP stuff.

Ah! I see now! I haven't been on in a few days, so I wasn't up to speed. Thanks all!

I'll be looking at those weapon mod packs, thanks!

I' m loving the new 5.11 backbacks, i was looking for a very small assault backpack to equip guys who where in assault teams very prone to doing CQB yet needed more inventory space because of their roles (Grenadiers, LMG Gunners...etc) and this fits the bill perfectly, and it even has a radio in it, great stuff.

This is a great mod! I seem to have a fascination with camo patterns and finding TFA was awesome!

I've been playing around with classnames and found a typo in the config.bin file. I'm not sure because I'm looking at it in the binarized format. I know how to unBin the file but I haven't bothered to install BI Tools yet.

The typo is the helmet TFA_ECH_DES. It should be TFA_ECH_DESERT. It's correct in one place but wrong in another.

Also, can I request the 6 Color Desert (DBDU) camo pattern? The chocolate chips pattern used in the 1991 Gulf War. I was watching the movie Black Hawk Down last night and noticed most of the Rangers had 3 Color Desert (DCU) uniforms and 6 Color Desert helmet covers. I was also looking at the Delta Force guys with their black Protec helmets, DCU uniforms and black plate carriers.

One more thing, can you include a text file with all the classnames in your next release? There wasn't one in v4.16 or v4.17.

Thanks again SpectreRSG! This mod rocks!

Edited by Biggins

Also, can I request the 6 Color Desert (DBDU) camo pattern? The chocolate chips pattern used in the 1991 Gulf War. I was watching the movie Black Hawk Down last night and noticed most of the Rangers had 3 Color Desert (DCU) uniforms and 6 Color Desert helmet covers. I was also looking at the Delta Force guys with their black Protec helmets, DCU uniforms and black plate carriers.

This is already in the TFA International (TFAX) Uniform Pack.

This is already in the TFA International (TFAX) Uniform Pack.

Thanks Tacti-Cool! I haven't downloaded that yet. I'm still having fun with the original.

I noticed these plate carriers are not working. They're in the [TFA] Gear Box crate script but not defined anywhere.

TFA_PlateCarrierH_AOR

TFA_PlateCarrierH_Worn

TFA_PlateCarrierH_Worn2

TFA_PlateCarrierH_Khk

Keep up the good work SpectreRSG!

Have to be careful opening those bin files. The author might not like it if you change something and practically start resubmitting a modified version (sometimes, even in a closed environment). It can also constitute intellectual property theft.

Gutting and having a peek is generally fine though (it's common courtesy, friendly and respectful to ask the author for permission before messing with his files)!

Besides, as long as code-farts don't interfere or generate logs, they're essentially furniture decorating the modder's "canvas".

Doesn't hurt for them to be there at all (unless you want to be super nit-picky about what essentially amounts to 2-3KB of extra text).

"Programming is much like decorating. No matter how much you try to please others, you end up giving a piece of yourself. To that end, as the author, only you know what is and isn't useful, where to find it, and why it exists."

Like stated in the readme, and in the first post, this mod is designed to be used with Virtual Arsenal (originally for VAS). I don't like even using ammo boxes as there's no real reason to make this mod a mission file requirement. Just put an Basic Supply Box, the VA scripting and you're done. No requirement.

So, I will not be updating any of the 'missing' (they're not missing, just old and outdated), stuff in the crates. I'm pretty sure I'm going to flat out remove the crates entirely in the future. There's just 0 need for them.

Have to be careful opening those bin files.

The only reason I looked in the bin file was to find all the classnames. I wasn't modifying it or stealing intellectual property. I was trying to help Spectre find typos and missing or old code. Those files can get pretty big and sometimes it helps to have someone check your work.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to flat out remove the crates entirely in the future.

I would suggest keeping the crates. There are probably some newbies out there who don't use the Virtual Arsenal. I've known about it for a while but just started playing with it a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks again Spectre!

The only reason I looked in the bin file was to find all the classnames. I wasn't modifying it or stealing intellectual property. I was trying to help Spectre find typos and missing or old code. Those files can get pretty big and sometimes it helps to have someone check your work.

I would suggest keeping the crates. There are probably some newbies out there who don't use the Virtual Arsenal. I've known about it for a while but just started playing with it a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks again Spectre!

The crates are out of date. Not terribly, but they are. They're a pain in the but to manage and frankly to remember to update.

There's an update on the way after the new year that will potentially include a SOV HMMWV.

Hey Marston, not sure if you remember me, but I hope you are doing well. Have you ever thought about making some uniforms using popular hunting camo patters from companies like RealTree and Mossy Oak? I know it's probably not something a military unit would use, but I think it would be a fun addition.

This addon gets better and better as it grows. Have a good holiday brother.

Hey Monty. If I add those, I'll basically make a third pack - TFAc - Commerical Camo Pack and put ATAC, Kryptek, Ghostex, Deceptex, RealTree and Mossy Oak in one pack. It'd happen after the new year, if I decide thats the smart move. Happy holidays.

The crates are out of date. Not terribly, but they are. They're a pain in the but to manage and frankly to remember to update.

There's an update on the way after the new year that will potentially include a SOV HMMWV.

SOV HMMWV!?! Sign me up! Not that I don't already use it, it is the primary uniform pack.

Where can I find full list of classnames complete with helmets and stuff? It is not present in changelog file.

I have a nitpicky complaint. The Ghostex Alpha 3 and Golf 1 patterns seem to have purple pixels instead of dark brown. It may just be the way my video card is rendering them but I'd rather not wear purple camo. ;)

Where can I find full list of classnames complete with helmets and stuff? It is not present in changelog file.

Hopefully I'm not stepping on Spectre's toes but here's a list of classnames I have compiled.

Uniforms:

TFA_ACU

TFA_BDU (Woodland)

TFA_BDU_BLK

TFA_BDU_GRN

TFA_BDU_MCAM

TFA_BDU_NWU2

TFA_BDU_NWU3

TFA_BDU_KHK

TFA_BDU_TRI

TFA_BDU_tiger

TFA_black

TFA_black_BDU

TFA_black_GRN

TFA_black_MCAM

TFA_black_NWU2

TFA_black_NWU3

TFA_black_KHK

TFA_black_TRI

TFA_black_tiger

TFA_DOU (winter camo)

TFA_DOU_BDU

TFA_DOU_NWU3

TFA_DOU_white

TFA_KHK (khaki)

TFA_KHK_BDU

TFA_KHK_MCAM

TFA_KHK_BLK

TFA_KHK_GRN

TFA_KHK_NWU2

TFA_KHK_NWU3

TFA_KHK_TRI

TFA_KHK_TIGER

TFA_green

TFA_green_BDU

TFA_green_BLK

TFA_green_MCAM

TFA_green_NWU2

TFA_green_NWU3

TFA_green_KHK

TFA_green_TRI

TFA_green_tiger

TFA_MCAM (Multicam)

TFA_MCAM_BDU

TFA_MCAM_BLK

TFA_MCAM_GRN

TFA_MCAM_NWU2

TFA_MCAM_NWU3

TFA_MCAM_KHK

TFA_MCAM_TRI

TFA_MCAM_TIGER

TFA_NWU2 (Digital Desert)

TFA_NWU2_BDU

TFA_NWU2_BLK

TFA_NWU2_GRN

TFA_NWU2_MCAM

TFA_NWU2_NWU3

TFA_NWU2_KHK

TFA_NWU2_TRI

TFA_NWU2_tiger

TFA_NWU3 (Digital Woodland)

TFA_NWU3_BDU

TFA_NWU3_BLK

TFA_NWU3_GRN

TFA_NWU3_MCAM

TFA_NWU3_NWU2

TFA_NWU3_KHK

TFA_NWU3_TRI

TFA_NWU3_tiger

tfa_tiger (Dark striped woodland)

tfa_tiger_bdu

tfa_tiger_blk

tfa_tiger_grn

tfa_tiger_mcam

tfa_tiger_nwu2

tfa_tiger_nwu3

tfa_tiger_khk

tfa_tiger_tri

TFA_TRI (3 color Desert)

TFA_TRI_BLK

TFA_TRI_BDU

TFA_TRI_GRN

TFA_TRI_MCAM

TFA_TRI_NWU2

TFA_TRI_NWU3

TFA_TRI_KHK

TFA_TRI_tiger

TFA_white

TFA_white_DOU

TFA_ATAC_AU (Arid/Desert)

TFA_ATAC_FG (Foliage)

TFA_marpat_a (MARPAT Arid)

TFA_marpat_f (MARPAT Foliage)

TFA_kryptek_high (Transitional)

TFA_kryptek_man (Woodland)

TFA_kryptek_nom (Desert)

tfa_dec_easy5 (Deceptex)

tfa_dec_george7

tfa_dec_india5

tfa_dec_item1

tfa_dec_yankee18

tfa_ghost_alpha3 (Ghostex)

tfa_ghost_golf1

tfa_ghost_hotel2

TFA_Instructor_BW

TFA_Instructor_BT

TFA_Instructor2_BW

TFA_Instructor_BlT

TFA_Cand_SWht

TFA_coverall_gray

TFA_coverall_black

TFA_coverall_tan

Backpacks:

TFA_assault_ACU

TFA_assault_Tan

TFA_assault_FOL

TFA_assault_Blk

TFA_assault_mcam

TFA_assault_NWU2

TFA_assault_wte

TFA_assault_dou

TFA_assault_grn

TFA_Kitbag_ACU

TFA_Kitbag_Blk

TFA_Kitbag_Tan

TFA_Kitbag_Grn

TFA_Kitbag_Blk

TFA_Kitbag_MCam

TFA_Kitbag_NWU2

TFA_Kitbag_wte

TFA_Kitbag_dou

Attachments:

TFA_NVGoggles2

Headgear:

TFA_Protec_BLK

TFA_Protec_CAMO1

TFA_Protec_CAMO2

TFA_Protec_CAMO3

TFA_Protec_CAMO4

TFA_Protec_CAMO5

TFA_Protec_GRN

TFA_Protec_TAN

TFA_H_HelmetIA_A (ACU)

TFA_H_HelmetIA_DOU

TFA_H_HelmetIA_wte

TFA_H_HelmetIA_mcam

TFA_H_HelmetIA_F (MARPAT Foliage)

TFA_H_HelmetIA_D (MARPAT Desert)

TFA_H_HelmetIA_kryptek_high

TFA_H_HelmetIA_kryptek_man

TFA_H_HelmetIA_kryptek_nom

TFA_H_HelmetIA_TRI

TFA_H_HelmetIA_atac_au

TFA_H_HelmetIA_atac_fg

TFA_H_HelmetIA_BDU

TFA_H_HelmetIA_DCU

TFA_H_HelmetIA_GRN

TFA_H_HelmetIA_dec_easy5

TFA_H_HelmetIA_dec_george7

TFA_H_HelmetIA_dec_india5

TFA_H_HelmetIA_dec_item1

TFA_H_HelmetIA_dec_yankee18

TFA_H_HelmetIA_GHOST_ALPHA3

TFA_H_HelmetIA_GHOST_GOLF1

TFA_H_HelmetIA_GHOST_HOTEL2

TFA_boon_acu

TFA_boon_bdu

TFA_boon_dou

TFA_boon_blk

TFA_boon_white

TFA_boon_tri

TFA_boon_des

TFA_boon_grn

TFA_boon_khk

TFA_boon_nwu2

TFA_boon_nwu3

TFA_boon_mcam

TFA_boon_usmc_wdl

TFA_boon_usmc_des

TFA_8point_bdu

TFA_8point_dcu

TFA_8point_nwu2

TFA_8point_nwu3

TFA_8point_marpat_wood

TFA_8point_marpat_des

TFA_cap_hs_tan

TFA_cap_hs_blk

TFA_cap_hs_grn

TFA_cap_bro

TFA_cap_lad

TFA_cap_mdf

TFA_cap_oak

TFA_cap_ten

TFA_cap_fry

TFA_cap_war

TFA_cap_bears

TFA_cap_inst

TFA_FAST_DOU

TFA_FAST_Multi

TFA_FAST_Tan

TFA_FAST_Black

TFA_FAST_Black2

TFA_FAST_Foliage

TFA_FAST_NWU2

TFA_FAST_NWU3

TFA_FAST_DES

TFA_FAST_GRA

TFA_FAST_SND

TFA_FAST_SNK

TFA_Mich_Tan

TFA_Mich_Green

TFA_Mich_Black

TFA_ECH_Snow

TFA_ECH_Multi

TFA_ECH_Tan

TFA_ECH_Black

TFA_ECH_Black2

TFA_ECH_Foliage

TFA_ECH_AOR

TFA_ECH_NWU3

TFA_ECH_DESERT

TFA_ECH_GRASS

TFA_ECH_SAND

TFA_ECH_SNAKESKIN

Vests:

TFA_PlateCarrier_ACU

TFA_PlateCarrier_MCam

TFA_PlateCarrier_Black

TFA_PlateCarrier_Tan

TFA_PlateCarrier_FOL

TFA_PlateCarrier_Grn

TFA_PlateCarrier_WTE

TFA_PlateCarrier_DOU

TFA_PlateCarrier_NWU2

TFA_PlateCarrier_Mix

TFA_PlateCarrierH_ACU

TFA_PlateCarrierH_MCam

TFA_PlateCarrierH_Black

TFA_PlateCarrierH_Tan

TFA_PlateCarrierH_fol

TFA_PlateCarrierH_Grn

TFA_PlateCarrierH_WTE

TFA_PlateCarrierH_DOU

TFA_PlateCarrierH_NWU2

TFA_PlateCarrierH_Mix

TFA_Candidates_Vest

I missed a few classnames as of v4.17:

TFA_white_BDU

TFA_white_NWU3

TFA_NVGoggles

TFA_boon_tiger

Backpacks:

tfa_511_acu

tfa_511_bdu

tfa_511_blk

tfa_511_duc

tfa_511_dou

tfa_511_grn

tfa_511_khk

tfa_511_mcam

tfa_511_nwu2

tfa_511_nwu3

tfa_511_usmc_des

tfa_511_usmc_wdl

tfa_511_white

Also, most of the uniforms have a Rolled Sleeve version. Just add "_rs" to the end of the classname.

Long sleeve: tfa_KHK_nwu2

Rolled sleeve: tfa_KHK_nwu2_rs

Edited by Biggins

BTW finally got this via the Steam Workshop, great work as always man :D