spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

Hello Spectre,

Would it be possible to add two British uniforms to your TFAx mod? The current vanilla A3 MTP without the glare, and with UK flag patches on the arms(MTP is UK after all). And the old DPM uniform.

I'm part of a UK based community and there are some people that criticize TFA for not having the DPM uniform, and the vanilla A3 uniforms because they have the US flags on the arms. But as I am currently responsible for managing the modpack, I refuse to give up TFA and switch to another uniform mod simply because in my opinion there is none as good as yours (Kissing you ass here :P but also the truth imho).

I also want to thank you for your great mod, and I hope you will consider the requests I made.

Stuffedsheep

I'm curious, what would a grey uniform do? I don't understand... Recently, I know that 5.11 has a bunch of new Storm grey uniform - I dont understand what it is used for.

Anyways, if it's a viable reason to attempt ingame, and turns out nicely ingame, then yes.

@TSean I will do what I can to get that ingame. This will happen. Viva Babou.

As far as super concrete reasons why, I have none to give other than it's rumored (heavy emphasis here) to be used in the tier one community due to it's effectiveness in urban and cqb environments and the like.

Again, nothin solid, but it does look damn sexy.

No bigs if you choose not to throw it in, I know you've got a lot of other things on your plate!

Hello Spectre,

Would it be possible to add two British uniforms to your TFAx mod? The current vanilla A3 MTP without the glare, and with UK flag patches on the arms(MTP is UK after all). And the old DPM uniform.

I'm part of a UK based community and there are some people that criticize TFA for not having the DPM uniform, and the vanilla A3 uniforms because they have the US flags on the arms. But as I am currently responsible for managing the modpack, I refuse to give up TFA and switch to another uniform mod simply because in my opinion there is none as good as yours (Kissing you ass here :P but also the truth imho).

I also want to thank you for your great mod, and I hope you will consider the requests I made.

Stuffedsheep

This thread is for the TFA Uniforms, not TFAx.

The TFA mod is made to fit the needs and the actual uniforms worn by Navy Special Warfare groups like the SEALs. It would make no sense to include other countries in it.

I'll answer, however. TFAx is still under development, there's uniforms (both woodland and desert) of a lot of nations, including the UK. The UK features Desert DPM and the classic Woodland DPM.

Besides, you have the vanilla CTRG uniforms which are UK.

I'll think about the grey camo, TSean.

Stuffed, Subscyed put it perfectly. I will also say that the british helmets and other nations helmets will not be included - MICH's are what everyone will get. Again not a good modeller.

The release has been delayed until after Thanksgiving - sorry guys.

This thread is for the TFA Uniforms, not TFAx.

The TFA mod is made to fit the needs and the actual uniforms worn by Navy Special Warfare groups like the SEALs. It would make no sense to include other countries in it.

I'll answer, however. TFAx is still under development, there's uniforms (both woodland and desert) of a lot of nations, including the UK. The UK features Desert DPM and the classic Woodland DPM.

Besides, you have the vanilla CTRG uniforms which are UK.

I am aware that this thread is for TFA and not TFAx (thats why I put the request for TFAx, not TFA), but I failed to find a separate thread about TFAx after a good search for it. If I had found it I would have posted there. The fact that TFAx is still under development is one of the reason I did put in the request, if it was released I wouldn't have asked.

Spectre's original post about TFAx I have read, the reason why I asked about the MTP uniform is because it is the new British uniform which will replace the old DPM uniform overtime. The US uses multicam, which is different. And why BiS decided to put an American flag on a MTP uniform will remain a question to me, but that will not be changed. If you ask me the CTRG uniforms are a joke, I have not been able to find a place where they actually work as camouflage (but that may be just me).

Spectre, custom helmets are (for me) not the issue, for me the point was to have have the proper camouflage patterns with country flags. Because that is what you will see for the main part.

But any thanks for clearing it up, and have a very good Thanksgiving :D

Edited by Stuffedsheep

So, you're asking for something to be included when you haven't even seen the current product?

And to clear up a good few things about your post: MTP (Multi-Terrain Pattern) is already standard uniform and has already replaced DPM '96 (two-tone desert) on the front lines and a good majority of other scenarios. DPM' 95 (four-tone woodland) however, keeps being used in woodland scenarios and even artic ones, with the artic white covers being worn over the smocks.

The "MTP' featured in the game is not MTP (shocker). It's a mix of Multicam and MTP Bohemia Interactive had to create in order to avoid legal issues (copyright).

Regardless, it's Spectre's decision to or to not to include whatever he wants and his decisions are his own.

Protip: If he's not giving an answer, chances are he's considering it or moving past the idea.

Now, let's put the matter to rest.

PS: The most likely reason why there's not a TFAx WIP thread is because he wants to hand-pick his testers and collaborators.

Calm down there guys. There's no WIP thread because I dont feel there's a need for one - I dont showcase stuff as I think people overhype what they see on that board. I wont be doing an MTP because the whole point for this pack is for generics uniforms (partially). Multicam is dang close, most people wouldn't know the difference. If people keep asking, then I'll attempt. I may even attempt it regardless. The reason I'm being so quiet is well...the holidays are coming up. First two weeks of Dec. I'll have some free time and get this pack out there.

I was originally going to put the flags as insignia, but I'm going to attempt to see what they look like on the shiny area of the shoulder. I dont know of a way to hide the shiny area above the shoulder patch, so leaving it blank looks wierd - having out of aspect nationality patches may look weirder. Just dont know at the moment.

Edit: I may do MTP if I can find a good swatch for it.

Here's a few references for MTP in case you wish to use them.

http://i.imgur.com/czJDtTd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lruCMkZ.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pmbcw996KSg/T0huzwnlcwI/AAAAAAAAB5M/SXGjSLTDcQI/s640/Multi-Terrain+Pattern+Smock.jpg <- It really is a washed out colour after washing a few times. But it works just as well if not better.

You also have this video which should have plenty of swatch-worthy samples:

You also have this made by our fellow community member AntoineFlemming : http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img132/5046/dp0j.jpg

SpectreRSG - Is it possible for you to add additional Seal Team patches and DEVGRU (goldteam/redteam) patches?

SEAL%20TEAM%2059.jpg

0019014_nswdg-red-team-squad-patch-red_300.jpeg

0008264_navy-seal-team-6-devgru-gold-team-large-patch-tan-mbss_300.jpeg

Those patches are pretty much done in amongst themselves, I dont see why not.

@TSean I will do what I can to get that ingame. This will happen. Viva Babou.

Viva Babou, brutha.

v4.13

• Fixed:
    • A91 Patch name
    • NWu/KHK Camo Error
    • Shading on MICH helmet covers

Added:

• Tiger stripe + variants
  • Guns n Coffee, Miami-Dade, Loggins, SEAL Team Patches

Changed:

• Mod Icon
  • ST9 Patch sizing
  • Readme file
  • All BDU variant knee pad coloring

Thanks for informing us about the updated release again :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The ONLY thing stopping me from grabbing this is the fact that theres no new textured ECH/ECH LIGHT helmets, only those MICH helmets.

Retexture the ECH LIGHTS and you have a winner ;)

Edited by RaptorInMotion
Mind blank

Many thanks for the update Spectre!

Only noticed one thing so far:

- Tigerstripe (as jersey) doesn't have the US Flag on the patches.

Will keep you posted as time goes by. Always happy to help!

Many thanks for the update Spectre!

Only noticed one thing so far:

- Tigerstripe (as jersey) doesn't have the US Flag on the patches.

Will keep you posted as time goes by. Always happy to help!

Just checked the shirts - the TFA tiger stripes have the flags. The TFAx ones do not. Make sure you're not getting them confused.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

The ONLY thing stopping me from grabbing this is the fact that theres no new textured ECH/ECH LIGHT helmets, only those MICH helmets.

Retexture the ECH LIGHTS and you have a winner ;)

... there are. I've had NWU2, NWU3, OCP, FOL, DOU, BLK helmets in for a while. They're called TFA ECH and TFA FAST helmets - they are separate from TFA MICH.

Just checked and it is indeed missing the flags on the TFA TGR (OCP) , both normal and RS variants.

http://i.imgur.com/kUZznvN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7ylIsB1.jpg

Also noticed a small speck of DOU on the WTE uniform in the WTE (DOU) variant. It's on the shoulder flap. Happens on normal and RS variants.

http://i.imgur.com/Jn36hSP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LgBQxuQ.jpg

Ahhh you found the speck. Damnit.

I'll fix both texture files next week because I'm out of town for the holidays.

Edit: fixed them. They'll be included in a the new patch. Next week I plan to go through helmets and hats. Those things are a nightmare...

Edited by SpectreRSG

Thanks once again for continually improving the pack.:)

I see you added the Loggins patch, aww yiss, that's awesome, thanks a lot man.

If you're not sick of Archer references yet, how about the tactical turtleneck.. the... Tactleneck?

One in black, and one in slightly darker black

SpectreRSG - Not sure how hard it is to add patches on vests? If simple/easy, could you add-in the red team/gold team devgru patches on the vest/platecarriers? Example of what i'm trying to say below:

676t8p.jpg

SEAL-TEAM-6-NSWDG-DEVGRU-RED-SQUADRON-THE.jpg

Thanks!!