spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

I only encourage him because his mod has just about everything else that is awesome in it. Might as well go for 100% completion and chuck that bad boy in there.

Very true. If I use US-units in my missions, I always use complete TFA loadouts and nothing else. (With a slight hint of praise, acknowledgement and admiration for spectre's work. ;)) The backwards cap could be added as some kind of special forces equipment. You know, those guys who have little less strict regulations for the wearing of uniforms during operations.

Link me to it and I'll see what I can do. It'll only be in solid colors - black, tan, green.

Oh no, I was talking about the backwards cap. But I found it previously. I'll see what I can do. If I don't like the way it looks it'll be scrapped.

emg is this real life? Is this happening? There's also another good one here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20914

..which is apparently open source as well now. The guys I play with who use backwards hats have separate mods just for that purpose. Everyone I know pretty much runs TFA for everything else.

Many thanks Spectre for looking into this!

I'm on the phone with that Ben Franklin as we speak. I forgot to ask - the thank you note comes in two flavors of expression: Excessively Verbose Danish Philosopher and Autistic Slam Poetry Laughingstock. No hurry, I have to meet with my parole officer and won't be able to fill it til later tonight anyway.

Heres a question, maybe you can answer maybe you cant,

The TFA Candidate Uniform, a reskin of the Survival Fatigues,

Cannot be used to scuba with rebreather and goggles, but the unskinned Survival Fatigues themselves can.

Any idea why? Id rather use your reskin to be honest.

Heres a question, maybe you can answer maybe you cant,

The TFA Candidate Uniform, a reskin of the Survival Fatigues,

Cannot be used to scuba with rebreather and goggles, but the unskinned Survival Fatigues themselves can.

Any idea why? Id rather use your reskin to be honest.

Ive noticed this as well. It would be a nice touch seeing as these uniform reskins are the pretty spectacular!

Question for Spectre though, would you ever consider adding the Tee-Shirt version of these uniforms to your mod?

Ive noticed this as well. It would be a nice touch seeing as these uniform reskins are the pretty spectacular!

Question for Spectre though, would you ever consider adding the Tee-Shirt version of these uniforms to your mod?

I've already asked this question a long while ago.

The answer was something among the lines of "it's fine as it stands" and I agree.

The current status of things with no T-Shirt variants forces people to use the jerseys which are part of the uniform.

And that is actually pretty realistic, at least from my perspective.

Ultimately, it's Spectre's decision and I won't take that from him (nor can I).

Edited by Subscyed

@MC_IC – I put in the backwards cap and then removed it. I did not like the result of how it looked, both the position of the model and the texture and I don’t want to put much time into adjusting the model. It will not make an appearance in my mod pack. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

@Captainblaffer – Thanks for the kind words! If you want to submit some action shots of the gear being used I’d love to see them too!

@Tacti-Cool – I checked out what you said about the Candidates uniform not being able to equip the rebreather and dive goggles. There’s nothing in my config that would restrict it. It uses the exact same model. And to further investigate, I put a set on and went diving. Worked out just fine for me. Perhaps you had the wrong faction’s equipment on?

@Broduz – Thanks for the compliment Broduz. As far as the T-Shirt variant for these, I just don’t see a reason to do it. It would literally DOUBLE all uniforms as is for a (T) variant, albeit the file size for the mod would remain the same, relatively. I just don’t see the benefit for the T variant. It’s a lot of work config wise that would only really end up spamming the uniform choices even further. It wouldn’t be hard – just a bunch of work for not a whole lot of benefit. That’s all in addition to the fact that this is a uniform mod. Why would someone willingly wear a T in combat? Lol. So, as a result, I will not be putting T variants in.

There will be an update to the modpack within the next week to adjust some patches, helmets and other little tweaks here and there that slipped into this release build. If anyone wants to submit action screenshots (candid or posed), I’d really love it. I’d like to update the photos on the SWS and in my first post.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Here's a quick adjustment update.

Added:

• Protec 5 camo

Fixed:

• Black vest and backpack texture
  • All patches are appropriately sized now

Replaced:

• Protect Camo 2 texture

Download v4.12

Hello SpectreRSG and first of congrats on your work, of all the uniform/camo packs that i' ve tried this one is my favourite, i' ve submitted it to my mates and they also loved it, we use it constantly now.

I do have one question, i understand that this pack is primarily meant as an addon for a group playing as the US, but is there anyway to hide the ir us flags, maybe through the use of hiddenselections or something along those lines?

The reason i' m asking that is because many camos in the pack can be used for Special forces of other countries such as the Atacs, the Kryptek, the OCP can pass for generic Multicam...etc but then the us flags stand out.

Thanks for the continued updates btw!

Thats a very good point as a matter of fact, Tsark.

Unfortunately theres no way other than texture work to hide those. This is something that BIS should've thought of (or maybe they have and I'm just not privy too). The work involved to double all the textures without the flag, and every variant of uniform, will lead me to say no in including those. If someone from your group wants to physically open up the pbo and make your own retextures that eliminate the flag, PM me.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Thanks for informing us about the updated release again :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I love your work Spectre! :)

I am taking a lot of screenshoots with your mod, one of those days I'll post some of them here ;)

@Spectre: No worries man! I'll just inform a soon-to-be shattered professional impersonator that he can continue spamming the inboxes of city council members. I gotta go though. Back to packing my clown suit away.. along with all my hopes, dreams, and ambitions.

Seriously though I appreciate you giving it a shot. I agree - I'd rather it look appropriate than glued on to the end of an awesome mod.

No worries Spectre, i hoped that there would be an easy way to remove the flags but since there isn' t i perfectly understand you declining to do so considering the amount of work involved.

About us modifying the pbo ourselves sadly for us it won' t be possible in the foreseeable future since we are very few and the vast majority of us starting by myself don' t know squat about texturing, and the few who do have their plate full with real life issues right now, but if i ever get the hang of texturing or they have some more free time i' ll make sure to contact you. Thanks heaps for the offer man.

Hullo Spectre!

Here I come nitpicking:

- The MARPAT Desert looks a tad too orange-y, making the tan vest and backpack (which fit well with NWU2) contrast.

- Protec helmets look awesome, Black and Green are a tiny bit too close together in terms of the shade used, difficult to tell them apart without having a comparison.

- OCP helmet, as well as other camo helmets now seem to be a bit back on the texture update.

Thank you for your patience and once more, thank you for your splendidâ„¢ work!

Note: Picture for comparison between MARPATs and AOR/NWUs http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo282/MikeRJ100/NAVY%20SEALS/AOR2/G1.jpg

Edited by Subscyed

Thanks for the reply Spectre. I see your point. Despite the candidate version having a clipping issue with the flippers, it serves a similar asthetic purpose as a possible Tee Shirt version would. And better yet, it carries with it the added functionality of going underwater.

The MARPAT Desert looks a tad too orange-y
I'll see what I can do, but I wont be spending too much time.
camo helmets now seem to be a bit back on the texture
Can you elaborate?

Sure thing.

Compare the FAST (and ECH) OCP helmet with the OCP Uniform. You'll note that the camo pattern on it is not only a lighter shade but its scale is also bigger.

I'm unsure if this is to emulate worn-out gear but it stands out a bit.