spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

Thanks for the update, Spectre!

Did you redo the vests in terms of improving the camo pattern's quality or their colour?

I've always noticed a darkened spot on the top-left corner of the backplate on them.

Also, I'm going to nudge you a bit more: Could you do green vests and helmets with the same shade of green you did with the backpack?

That colour fits the NWU3 perfectly (which is something we've started using a bit due to the Bornholm terrain as well as a refresher that there are other maps beyond Taki).

HI Spectre,

I have to say that i love your Mod... this is my number 1 mod for my units and myself!! Ähm i would take the chance to ask you for a thing.. more a wish what i got! The most thing i love is the USMC Marpant woodland Camo.. ist it possible or will it be in the future like the other one? mixed with SND, GREEN and´more like the other one? There is already one in but i love the mixed versions... and some marpant woodland pants with the jacket and vest in SND would be very relaistic to the Afganistan maps and so....

Only a question if you got some future plans for that...

kind regards from austria :)

Doomsta88, thank you very much for enjoying the mod and the kind words! I was very reluctant to even incorporate MARPAT into my mod to begin with. There's other mods that focus solely on USMC stuff. I will not be doing variants of the MARPAT at this time. However, when I think it's time to update and adjust some of the camos, I'll keep that in mind.

Subscyed, I redid the vests entirely. New template psd, I think I'm aware of what area you're speaking about and I think I've addressed it. However, its possible that I missed some. The straps on the vanilla BIS one are a pain to deal with as is; I'll go back and see if I notice any major miscolored areas. I should also say that backpacks and vests will be a bit darker than the uniforms - this is by intent. I want to reflect a beat up dirty/grungy look. You can wash uniforms, but equipment is harder. So it's not a matter of me not being able to match the coloring, its specifically there as grunge layers. Backpacks and vests are matched color wise (or really freaking close to it).

Excellent, thank you so very much!

But... are helmets included in the grungy philosophy? The foliage helmet looks particularly straight out-of-the-box.

I also noticed that the webbing parts of the pants (mostly in above the rump in that OCP picture) have the camo applied to them. Any thoughts on adding the little extra detail that parts like those aren't normally camo'd and instead receive a close-to-the-camo colour like CBR, RGRN, OD, Tan or Khaki?

Pictures for reference of what I mean.

On the pants, around the knees and just below the waist: http://i.imgur.com/aoijuLb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/LzO5sRf.jpg

Also, nitpicking as usual, the NWU 2 (and I think NWU3 too) uniform camo, namely the blotches of darker pixels, look a bit too big (something to do with scale maybe?).

http://i.imgur.com/ZeoCRyd.jpg

Let me just put this out there for those that (like me) confuse the camos: http://i.imgur.com/xUeakOl.jpg

Love the way you kept them distinct (which it isn't easy!).

Once again, thank you so much for providing such high-quality content and putting up with my bitching :p

Edited by Subscyed

Not gonna do the little spandex sections around the knees. Thats just me being lazy. However, I'll attempt a prototype and see how it goes.

And maybe its me but the NWU looks sized the same as the reference photo. Second set of eyes and more opinions would help.

I think the camo colors are pretty darn close to the real deal. The rip stop squares on the other hand are massively oversized. Normal ripstop i can cover 4 squares with a penny. But that's just an observation. Doesn't really bother me much just something to point out.

Doomsta88, thank you very much for enjoying the mod and the kind words! I was very reluctant to even incorporate MARPAT into my mod to begin with. There's other mods that focus solely on USMC stuff. I will not be doing variants of the MARPAT at this time. However, when I think it's time to update and adjust some of the camos, I'll keep that in mind.

Oh OK i understand! Very sad to hear that you was undisposed to the Marpant Woodland Camo but i accept it and for once im very happy that you have made it still for the MOD! Yeah may you are right.. there are some USMC Camo into some addons... but to be honest.. i dont like to install 2 or 3 mods only for one camo.. im the type player who dont like to play Arma 3 with 6 or more UNIT Mods.. i like it when everything is all in one but normally i think it wont be possible xD Anyway.... your Work has so a high amount of Quality that i will be so or so happy :) Only a question.. do you have planed to model the heavy and light vest's in the near future or reather found a modeller?

Edited by Doomsta88

I think the camo colors are pretty darn close to the real deal. The rip stop squares on the other hand are massively oversized. Normal ripstop i can cover 4 squares with a penny. But that's just an observation. Doesn't really bother me much just something to point out.

You're absolutely right. Never noticed it before you mentioned it. Its difficult and time consuming to evaluate what looks good on a .psd vs what we see in game. I have fixed it. And not only that but cleaned up the ripstop design considerably.

Only a question.. do you have planed to model the heavy and light vest's in the near future or reather found a modeller?

I dont have plans for it at the moment. To be perfectly honest, the ingame vests are great, impressive models. Most people are just tired of them. With that being said, until I a) have more time to dedicate to contacting other modders about sharing assets, and b) then developing new stuff further, I'll be sticking to the vanilla models. I also am rethinking your MARPAT variation ideas - I'm still against it. I will not be doing variants. Remember the reason I included them to begin with is that I wanted large realism units to be able to use those as well, against my better judgment. Thats also why the ACU is present. If I do variants for MARPAT, it'll be excessive. Plus, then I'd have to make variants for ACU and I'm sure at some point the Kryptek camo's. Thats essentially doubling the mod size or coming very close to it. I hope this makes sense - thank you again for your kind words and suggestions.

And then when I was evaluating the ripstop material, I decided to clean up and update the uniform camo's completely. This made me revisit everything else. So, I'll be making some touch ups to the backpacks again. The only thing I know that needs to be update are helmets. That I wont be touching until next week or the week after that pending time.

Thanks immensely for the feedback guys. Keep'em coming.

Edit: also I'm playing with the combat shirt's non camo'd coloring for all shirts.

Edit 2: so this has completely snowballed. Every camo is being adjusted. I dont think one think isn't being touched. This is good and long overdue - entering hour 13.

Edited by SpectreRSG

I also am rethinking your MARPAT variation ideas - I'm still against it.

I'm fine with your decision and you should do what every you want and if you mean you should get over a second time.. You are the designer of your mod and you know what does it takes to level up the quality of the mod! I love the Mod.. there is no better outside for me. I play always with your uniforms because there are so many choices of design my soldier that i could take... it makes always fun :D

Thx 4 your hard work mate

Alright so here's a preview of how it all came out.

I should also mention that there will be some classname changes

• Platecarrier_RGrn -> Platecarrier_Fol
  • PlatecarrierH_RGrn -> PlatecarrierH_Fol
  • All _SND uniforms -> _KHK

Edited by SpectreRSG

Oh boy,

That looks so great... i love it :) ähm correct me if im false... you said that is coming out short after the Helicopter DLC am i right?

Yes it will. I've noticed little nitpicking issues on what I did today and will be didnt that and looking on how I can improve the uniforms even further. Headgear will come after in a few week.

Edit: will fix grammer later. On mobile.

Looking good as always...

I know you said you were reluctant to add MARPAT to the pack but is there any chance to get possibly a MARPAT ECH helmet? Dont know if the Army uses ECH as well but if they do it would be nice to have one in ACU as well.

Finally would it be possible to get the MARPAT Cloth covered kevlar helmet, along with an ACU one?

LWpasgt03.jpg

It should be pretty easy to do. I'll make note and see what I can do.

Just to clarify, MICH helmet or ECH?

I know you said you were reluctant to add MARPAT to the pack but is there any chance to get possibly a MARPAT ECH helmet? Dont know if the Army uses ECH as well but if they do it would be nice to have one in ACU as well.

Finally would it be possible to get the MARPAT Cloth covered kevlar helmet, along with an ACU one?

http://www.fesu.com/LWpasgt03.jpg

I understand that you want MARPAT, but please understand this is a SEAL pack. If you would like a MARPAT there is a USMC pack (maybe MARSOC pack) i believe that maybe would better suit you and your units needs. As for us we usually cater to the SEAL stuff.

I did a quick MARPAT cover for my MICH helmets. They look good enough. Will be released in the new update soonâ„¢.

Also did a another overhaul of the Kitbags - they look great now. Soonâ„¢

Edit: forgot you requested an ACU one as well. I'll do that one later.

Yes I do realize this is a SEAL pack which is why I use it. I dont use it in multiplayer I really only use this when playing with friends/singleplayer. As far as wanting to get the other patterns for the helmets its more so when I have AI as guards on a base or something similar to that they will have a matching helmet.

None the less thanks for adding them in :)

EDIT: Also wanted to add that thank you very much for making this mod it is by far one of my favorite if not my favorite mod for ArmA and everything is very good quality keep up the great work

Edited by scooterperpetual

I did a quick MARPAT cover for my MICH helmets. They look good enough. Will be released in the new update soonâ„¢.

Also did a another overhaul of the Kitbags - they look great now. Soonâ„¢

Edit: forgot you requested an ACU one as well. I'll do that one later.

Per chance an OCP MICH down the road?

Nice, thank you!

Christ, I look away for a while and the mod is revamped!

Love the new stuff and excitedly wait for teasing pictures of the new kitbags.

OCP looks awesome with a tan backdrop rather than the previous amber/khaki. As for the change from sand to khaki uniforms, coule you have a look at the 3-colour DCU? Not a fan of it but it would look awkward if the tan mutes the other colours (as it currently does).