spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

There will not be a PVS-18 in the foreseeable future. I'll let the SOC Mod guys work that one out. They know what they're doing.

Anyways, the original post link is update for the new 3.5.

Note: the download's changelog wasn't updated. I forgot about it last minute. Use the first post change log for references as needed.

v3.50

- Added:

+ AN/PVS-14 Monocular NVG (thank you StalkerGB!)

+ New training MICH helmets in three colors.

- Changed:

+ Various texture errors and cleanups.

+ Adjusted green kitbag texture.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Thanks for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

:omg: You retired! I'm sure there were good reasons. Enjoy the time off!

Nice update as well, looking forward to using the new items.

Can you provide a screenshot? That may be due to the shadows. They were doing some funky stuff on occasion for me while they were in shadows.

Edit: Just saw your bork'd image below. Hrm. I dont know whats up. I can look but it may be isolated to you, unless others are having this issue.

Edit 2: Looking through the config, the texture locations are correct, the textures are included, so its not a config thing. Are you receiving any errors?

Edited by SpectreRSG

Great work Spectre. Been using this in missions with my unit for the past week now and we've all agreed that we absolutely love everything about it.

Quick question, what's the classname for the PVS-14 and 15's? I've looked all over the files but just cant seem to find them. Sorry for the rookie-ness :(

Glad you and your guys like them, iFreefall. I'm not currently at home to pull the info up but if I remember correctly they're TFA_NVGoggles for the 15's and TFA_NVGoggles2 for the 14's. I'll edit this post when I'm home in a few hours. I guess I may have left that out of the changelog in the DL - if you can't find any more classnames for stuff in the changelog, let met know and I'll make sure to add it in. There very well could be stuff accidentally left out in it.

Also, for those who used them in the services, I could use some further input on the DCU. I'm still not 100% so if someone could chime in and give me some shading/coloring input on those it would be helpful - I tried going on photos from Op Red Wing but the RV4 shading engine is iffy.

I guess I may have left that out of the changelog in the DL - if you can't find any more classnames for stuff in the changelog, let met know and I'll make sure to add it in. There very well could be stuff accidentally left out in it.

It is indeed TFA_NVGoggles and TFA_NVGoggles2! Thank you so much!

And yes. I looked in the changelog (that's where I pulled most of the gear from my missions from) and couldn't find anything after about 15 minutes of searching. Good to know you're on the job though! Thanks again friend :)

Hi in shadows the TFA UTILITY [NWU3] - USMC Patrol Cap are full black colour without any transition.

Acknowledged Max. I'm not 100% sure on how to address that issue - its also for the MICH it seems as well at times. I'll research it and see if I can fix it.

Meanwhile,

I'm still not happy with the DCU uniform shading/coloring. I've been doing a lot of work on it and think I've found a good combo. So that will come soon.

Hey...you should add some more camo's......(ACU) for us Army folks lol

Hey...you should add some more camo's......(ACU) for us Army folks lol

I think that would go with a different mod, since this is a Naval Warfare addon.

I think that would go with a different mod, since this is a Naval Warfare addon.
Yes I know. But like I said to him before. Depends on who the Navy is attached to. They will wear the corresponding uniform. i.e if they are attached to a marine unit as a corpman (Navy Medic) They would wear the corresponding MARPAT uniform (Woodland or Desert) And my time in Iraq there were a few Navy Personnel wearing the ACU. But hey what do I know Im just in the Army.

And also it was a joke between him and myself.

Humor escapes me at times.

Anyways Alex Vestin has a mean looking ACU. I'd rather leave it up to him since he knows what he's doing and I only pretend to think I know what I'm doing. Plus ACU is fugly (sorry, it is).

I'm still open on other suggestions, if there are any. The tiger stripe one I'm still on the fence about and if I was bored id do one pattern of it. However, I'm not bored currently.

Haha yeah the ACU is ugly as hell. The Multicam (OCP) is way better. Im still gonna push for the MARPAT woodland lol. If you are thinking of the Tiger Stripe Airforce camo dont. That is just as ugly (imo).

i'm still not happy with the dcu uniform shading/coloring. I've been doing a lot of work on it and think i've found a good combo. So that will come soon.

yesss!!!!

No, old school Nam era tiger stripe. Not the ABU. As far as I'm concerned if it's the ACU grayscale its fugly.

ATACs is a possibility. Not really knowing what ATAC is prior it looks like a simplified, blurred and stretched version of a M81 pattern.

... on second look, I think it's possible. I'll consider the FG, and AU organic versions.

Just be aware a camo inclusion would mean I'd make a variation of every other uniform with it. So, one camo = 8 shirt variations of it, and then 8 pant variations. So 16 new texture files at about 2.5mb each which is in total 40MB for a new uniform camo. Times that by 2 for the other color variation = 80 MB. As weird as it sounds, I've been trying to keep file size down as best as possible (I have a member who uses radio internet. go figure...).

(Does anyone have any photo references to it being used in the field?)

Edited by SpectreRSG

No, old school Nam era tiger stripe. Not the ABU. As far as I'm concerned if it's the ACU grayscale its fugly.

ATACs is a possibility. Not really knowing what ATAC is prior it looks like a simplified, blurred and stretched version of a M81 pattern.

... on second look, I think it's possible. I'll consider the FG, and AU organic versions.

Just be aware a camo inclusion would mean I'd make a variation of every other uniform with it. So, one camo = 8 shirt variations of it, and then 8 pant variations. So 16 new texture files at about 2.5mb each which is in total 40MB for a new uniform camo. Times that by 2 for the other color variation = 80 MB. As weird as it sounds, I've been trying to keep file size down as best as possible (I have a member who uses radio internet. go figure...).

(Does anyone have any photo references to it being used in the field?)

We all have those type of members. We use a community tool that automatically downloads the addons we use and when there is an update we tell the guy in charge he updates it then it updates every persons mod and blah blah. And people complain of long wait times to download. But yeah we have those people.