spectrersg

TFA - Naval Special Warfare Gear

Hi everyone, this is a mod retexture pack (I have two, exclusive, new models in it, and one donated model of a PVS-14 MNVG) that has been in the works since ArmA 2. This is my first public release after years of internal stuff and I wanted to release this publically as a thank you to the community and BIS. This is a mod pack made for my unit, TASK FORCE APACHE, and works beautifully so far in A3; it provides functionality and customization for each individual. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do.

TASK FORCE APACHE

QUTpGo6.png

Naval Special Warfare Uniforms

v4.17

H2lUStj.png SDdaVqI.jpg yq1PGxs.png

See download file for full change log/latest release post.

Features:

• 14 US Camouflages:
    1. M81 Woodland (BDU)
    2. Desert Combat Uniform (DCU)
    3. Multicam (OCP)
    4. Navy Work Uniform Type 2 (NWU2) (Arid)
    5. Navy Work Uniform Type 3 (NWU3) (Temperate)
    6. Disruptive Overwhite Uniform (DOU, USMC Snow Pattern)
    7. ATAC Arid Urban (macro blotch)
    8. ATAC Foliage (macro blotch)
    9. Kryptek Mandrake
    10. Kryptek Highlander
    11. Kryptek Nomad
    12. ACU
    13. MARPAT Arid
    14. MARPAT Foliage

[*]Four Solid Color Uniforms:

1. Ranger Green (GRN)
    2. Black (BLK)
    3. Khaki 400 (KHK)
    4. White (WTE)

[*]Each camo and solid color has a mixture between the two.

[*]Each mixture has a rolled sleeve (RS) variant.

[*]A total of about a possible 112 different uniform pattern/style combos.

[*]53 Custom Insignias

[*]Nine custom hat retextures.

[*]16 heavy plate carriers that are stronger, lighter and have greater capacity (2 variants, heavy and light for 8 textures):

1. Black (BLK)
    2. Tan (TAN)
    3. Green (GRN)
    4. Multicam (OCP)
    5. NWU2
    6. ACU
    7. White
    8. DOU

[*]9 Boonie Caps that are lighter than vanilla:

1. M81 Woodland (BDU)
    2. Desert Combat Uniform (DCU)
    3. NWU2 (Arid)
    4. NWU3 (Temperate)
    5. Multicam (OCP)
    6. Distruptive Overwhite Uniform (DOU)
    7. White (WTE)
    8. MARPAT (Wood)
    9. MARPAT (Desert)

[*]12 light and regular ECH helmets that are stronger and lighter. (24 in total):

1. Black (BLK)
    2. Black 2 (BLK)
    3. Tan (TAN)
    4. Foliage Green (FOL)
    5. Multicam (OCP)
    6. NWU2 (Arid)
    7. NWU3 (Temperate)
    8. Sand (SND)
    9. Snakeskin (SNK)
    10. Desert (DES)
    11. Grass (GRS)
    12. DOU

[*] Four kitbags with enhanced capacity, weight.

1. Green (GRN)
    2. Tan (TAN)
    3. Black (BLK)
    4. Multicam (OCP)

[*]Six Utility Covers (8-Point Hats):

• M81 Woodland (BDU)
    • Desert Combat Uniform (DCU)
    • NWU2 (Arid)
    • NWU3 (Temperate)
    • MARPAT (Wood)
    • MARPAT (Desert)

[*]Training gear, uniforms and vest:

1. Four instructor uniforms (Inst.)
    2. Nine new MICH helmets.
    3. One recruit/candidate testing survival uniform
    4. One candidate high visibility safety vest

[*]One blacked out NVG texture (AN/PVS-15; placeholder for new model)

[*]One AN/PVS-14 model thanks to StalkerGB.

[*]Seven new protec helmets

Wishlist / Future Plans:

Things I want to do and would need a new model (looking for a modeller!) for:

• US Navy Officer & Enlisted Uniforms
  • NWU I Uniform (BIS OpFor Officers uniform didn’t look very good)
  • 5.11 12 Hour Pack w/Hydrastorm and Radio Pouch
  • Backwards Cap (Very much on the fence with this one personally)
  • New chest rig models

Notes:

• I developed this while using Tonic's Virtual Ammo Box and virtual arsenal. It's a lot more convenient (IMHO) this way, but not required. There are no requirements for this mod other than A3.
  • For full class names and change log see the mod change log included in downloaded file.
  • I’m in dire need for another modeller. If you’re interested, please PM me immediately.

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT

DISCLAIMER

You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author. Out of respect for the work I did, and the help I've been given, the community, and the game and BI, please do not edit this without consent by me and me alone. Please contact me for request for alterations.

This addon is released under:

Creative Commons Licence

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs

cc_licence_logo_zps2fd557d7.png

for use in ARMA 3 version CURRENT

Credits:

• Task Force Apache for testing/evaluation and critic. And bugging me and sidetracking me over the years.
  • Alex Vestin for his MCam template and general config issues that arose.
  • Saul for his INDEP Camo Templates.
  • Riouken general assistance over the years.
  • BIS for the awesome models, fun games and community outreach you do for all of us since the day of OFP (and now for the data release!).
  • Foxhound/ArmaHolic guys for the years of hard work they do day in and day out for the community. Rock on guys.
  • Maj Morency[7CMBG] for O2 and config issues that arose.
  • TxT for O2 and config issues that arose.
  • StalkerGB for his PVS-14 model.
  • Binkowski for general O2, config issues that arose.

vszBvgY.png

news_download_a3_3.png

@tfa.png

rpuvbGA.jpg

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{ZmVja3JQdkRwS29MSlFMa3BGZGNvMHMzOFoyemNpTXE5eWRzYWZuMFBzT0NMY0U1ZjljQUdoSzJ2NERWWnlMQTZiY1Nham9hZFYxNTRqMGRYZHZSWEJoYU1kNlQ1Z1JrVFlqWERvRGY3eVdpM3R5dnRNbmxoUXJWeWhodFdsMlE=}

Edited by SpectreRSG

Cheers Spectre thanks for the release & Informed will be up shortly :)

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I like the variety, the textures are great, and being from east Tennessee, I'm loving the Vols hat. :-)

I like the variety, the textures are great, and being from east Tennessee, I'm loving the Vols hat. :-)

haha small world, go VOLS!! Spectre I love it and the only real complaint I have is that darker brown on the 3color desert, pops out just a tad too much. Awesome job with it and thanks for the hard work :D

I really think that the boots should be the tan that they always have been. Especially with the dessert variants. And even the Woodland Digital and Multi-Cam. BDU should be black like they are.

Also a Woodland Digital ECH would be nice.

Sorry for being nit-picky.

But other than that textures look great.

I like it.

these could use a lot of work in my opion. lots of texture strech and other issues. none the less usable by people who need these type of units.

I dont believe I can do anything regarding any sort of stretching. That would seem to be a BI thing (I could be wrong), could you provide a screenshot of what is stretching? What are the other issues you're talking about, Kazenokizu?

Scruffs, Warlord, Banky - thanks for the feedback. I'll address those next update.

That'll be a respectful negative on that Scruffs. I'll leave the MARPAT to the USMC retexture packs. The similar texture that I have in my pack is not MARPAT. It's NWU3 (AOR2 by a former name), which is different.

This is a great pack with great camo patterns. Thanks for sharing it!

I do have to agree with previous comments about boot coloring. I realize it's on your list to evaluate, but I still feel it bears stating from those who think alike. My only difference with a previous comment is that I would like to see tan boots on the woodland bdu uniforms as well. I think they just look cooler all around when it comes down to it - and we all know its about style.

EDIT: Oh, and why is the ARD.bikey included? Is it supposed to be there? I thought Ardvarkdb only released the MK18 pack for A3.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Question

Thanks for the comments vagrant, glad you like it. Noted your recommendation. The ARD.bikey snuck in there by accident. It'll be removed the next update. I plan to have this all up-to-date a week from Friday.

I look forward to next Friday, then.

After playing around with these uniforms and whatnot a bit more, I noticed they weigh significantly more than others - be they BIS' or other mod authors. Considering the limitations placed upon players due to stamina, would it be possible to lower this a bit?

Thanks again for sharing this.

The NWU3 camo is excellent, however the dark green part on the back isn't completely filled up to the border/seam...

Will be addressed next update. Thanks coffeeshock.

Which variation of the uniform did you notice this on? Or is it on all shirts? Any further info would be appreciated.

Will be addressed next update. Thanks coffeeshock.

Which variation of the uniform did you notice this on? Or is it on all shirts? Any further info would be appreciated.

It's indeed on all uniforms. Just zoom into the shoulder/neck area in 3rd person mode and you'll see what I mean, especially without wearing any vest.

Okay guys, I was able to get it all changed earlier than expected, based on all the feedback so far, the original post's MEDIAFIRE DL has been updated. Hopefully it'll be on Armaholic shortly.

v3.2

• Added: Kitbags (MCam, Grn, Blk, Tan), NWU3 Helmets
  • Changed: New tricolor camos. Changed Tri color to DCU - Desert Combat Uniforms (display only, classname remains tri). New black solid colors. NWU3 camo shirt.
  • Fixed: All weighting and containers sizes (had stuff backwards. Fixed. Enjoy.)

Thank you very much for again taking the time to inform us of your release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey mate love the units even managed to convince the clan I'm in to adopt them as official uniform!

I normally just surf the threads here but I wanted to actually post about this one just a couple of things I'd like to bring up.

The sand camo I'm guessing is to replicate Crye SAND but it seems a bit light might just be my buddy being picky though. [i'll post links for reference but i need to wait a day apparently]

Speaking of Crye and since you said you wanted to add more gear how about a Crye airframe? I mean I'd love to see one with the chops but i know you're knew to modeling so i can live with just the helmet if you are up to the challenge?

There is a clipping issue with some of the re textured indep vests but i think they'll be BIS models so not much you can do about it?

Thanks

Glad you love the units and that your unit is using them; I hope you guys enjoy.

The sand color was in deed from the crye website. I was also looking at various reference photos that were showing a mixture of sand and DCU. In the photos I was seeing that there was a very minor difference in the color. Now that I got the DCU coloring down in 3.2, I'll go back and evaluate the sand color. It's just something I overlooked this time around - thanks for the feedback on it.

In terms of modelling. I'd prefer to just leave the modelling to someone better experienced than me. I can do changed in O2, import stuff and script it in. I believe I know what helmet you're referring too and its a bit above my skill level at the moment.

Can you take a screenshot of the clipping issue with the vests?