Sign in to follow this  
PuS

Battle of Leuthen Seven Years' War MOD Wip

Dear OFP community,

I am an OFP-Player since the first Demo was released and I always wanted to create something for that great game, but never had the patience that was needed to get into modding, but you all know we get older and wiser (most of us I think) :o: enough from me here's is my idea:

I want to introduce you to my MOD idea about the Battle of Leuthen during the Seven Years' War.

The Seven Years War (1756 - 1763) was a military struggle between Britain and Prussia on one side, and France, Russia, Austria, and Sweden on the other. France and Britain carried the fighting to their colonies, and eventually the conflict involved many of the European powers. In the US this war is known as the French and Indian War. The result of the war was to increase the power of Britain (especially in her colonies) and Prussia. The leading military figure in the conflict was King Frederick II of Prussia, later known as Frederick the Great. One of his innovations was the oblique attack order. This maneuver was designed to bring the bulk of his army against one of the enemie's flanks, defeating it decisively before the entire enemy army could become engaged. At the battle of Leuthen (1757) he used the strategy effectively to defeat a larger Austrian army.

I hope I could arouse your interest, but we all have RL and I am pretty new to modding so please have mercy when I asking or saying/noobish things.

And last but not least some pictures for you all have fun watching.

Grenadiermütze

grenadmtqx0n9kabdl_thumb.jpg

Drum

prusdrum3oxh49fvg8_thumb.jpg

Austrian Commiss Flint 1754

austrianflintt607lyja5d_thumb.jpg

Prussian M1740

preusmusqfgm3z4awp_thumb.jpg

Prussian M1717 3 pdr

prus3nfgvw2trhz_thumb.jpg

PS: Sorry for bad english or misunderstanding

Interesting concept in line with the work of Prof tournesol. Good luck holding on to it, especially for your first modding experience.

I hope I could arouse your interest

Flintlocks! Cannons! Everything that is black powder powered have my interest! :) For a novice you've got quite nice models here too, so I'll watch carefully.

Thanks alot for all your positive feedback.

A small update:

A Limber incl Ammo Box M1768

limberojya2x1t3q_thumb.jpg

limber2iknz70dqhm_thumb.jpg

I am working now on the Leuthen church but it is pretty hard to find some good reference online, I have reworked the Grenadiermütze and got it ingame, also I made some texture work on the Flintstone muskets as I write, I will show you some pictures soon, thanks alot for your interest in this idea.As I said I will post more pictures soon for you all.

greetings PuS

Dat detail... A pretty interesting setting, too - I'm tuned and hot for new updates.

Great idea, and great looking models. :)

Dear OFP community,

first of all I want to say thanks for everyone who is interestet in this idea and of course for this great feedback, so now I have some really great news and of course pics for you all.

Let me start with some w.i.p texture I made for the prussian musket:

preumu3qi2w0kzv1_thumb.jpg

preusmu198q1ot5mvl_thumb.jpg

And now the prussian Grenadier with Soldatenzopf Perücke (Soldatenzopf wig), Grenadier Mütze (Grenadier cap) and some parts of the uniform:

preugrenwmosf2zr4k_thumb.jpg

preugren2ku2dbwta4j_thumb.jpg

Dreispitz (Tricorn [very early w.i.p]):

tril0r4zg1pns_thumb.jpg

And now something very special, a little background info for you all, I thought alot about how to do the uniform for Infantry, Grenadier,...... tried alot of different ways to do this but nothing looked good in my opinion, but then I ended up with this,

soeldner74rchy5stg_thumb.jpg

yes you already see that this is from the wrong period of history (Söldner/Musketier during the 30 Years War) but what I want to show you is that I am on the right way to make a good uniform for the soldiers, in my opinion, if you have any other ideas or tips please feel free to post this here, every tiny tip from you could help me alot.

Last time I played alot with the masterpiece called WWI "minimod" from proftournesol and after a heavy artillery barrage I saw all these craters and thought this is an absolute great idea so I came up with this model:

canballcnavxfbgyl_thumb.jpg

canball2l7vtsq9fxj_thumb.jpg

This model should show a cononball wich was stopped by earth when it hits the ground, that would be really great if after a shot with the canon this model came up on that place where the shot hit the ground. But this is just an idea if there are any permission problems or something else like this, I don't want to offend someone, please tell it to me.

Edited by PuS

Here are some more pictures for you all:

A prussian M1717 12-Pdr called "Brummer"

brum9nybvj471d_thumb.jpg

brum1ndkptasrm9_thumb.jpg

brum2bo4skymf6w_thumb.jpg

A Officers wig:

perr8km52oftdw_thumb.jpg

And last but not least a work that my brother gifted to me thankfully (Vielen Dank Kalli sieht wirklich klasse aus :)) a horse for the limber and cavalry:

horsetsi1enl3cb_thumb.jpg

The work on the Leuthen church will take me a little longer and also with the work on the Habsburger Armee, cause I have to scan in some reference from my books, the prussian grenadier is in game and working I will show you those pictures the next time, stay tuned and don't forget Noob at work. I hope you have fun watching the pictures. And please feel free to comment, give tips, critic....

Greetings PuS

Edited by PuS