Sign in to follow this  
bohicafool

Radio Subtitles

Hi. After playing about 5 minutes in multiplayer CTI, the radio messages from my ai team disappears! I've disabled the ui steam and to no success. Any one know of a solution?

Got the same problem here !

I did check for the stream friendly UI, but mine was off so I got no idea how to fix it

If it can help anyone, I did a reset of my hud as I modified it back in the beta. I then restarted the game and the issue seems to be fixed.

Its a bug, in mp press ESC and you lose all subtitles and indication of who is talking. Apparently known about and possibly fixed in latest beta ready for main branch release.

To work round for mp just disconnect and reconnect and it will come back, not tried sp.

Hi Guys.

Well after waiting patiently for someone to read my post here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168948-Player-names-not-showing-for-me-Cant-communicate-in-game-because-of-it

its seems you have a similar problem. . . I have it all the time, but can you confirm you also have no player names etc? To fix it i deleted my config file in my documents, uninstalled the game and reinstalled....and it was still there. If this is the same problem, could we maybe merge the posts? and would someone be able to point me to a ticket of the "known problem" so i can upvote it or something. I kinda stopped playing because of it.

Thanks for your response.

I have looked in all the options, and my subtitles are turned on, as is everything else. Does anyone know a fix? or if this is a bug that's in the tracker that i can upvote? Really i would love to have this sorted finally. its making it nearly impossible to communicate with people if you don't know their name. :(

Its a bug when you press esc button. They have fixed in the new dev build:mad:

Your mad at the bug or me for being a noob?

Anyway, when it was said its fixed in beta, i didnt think that meant dev branch. but looking back, yeah that's obvious. So im guessing if its fixed in Dev build, all i have to do is wait for the Main branch update for it to be rolled out? (im not updating to dev build)

Shame, i just looked through the last 2 weeks of dev build updates to try and find if something had been mentioned but didnt see it.

Anyway, bohicafool, thanks for posting, and letting me know. much appreciated.

No not mad at you, at the developers. Did you switch to dev build?

Didnt switch to dev build, but what did do it, is creating a new profile...... dont understand why, and what in my profile was removing them. it would be good to konw so others can fix it without having to make a new profile. (i dont know what the difference to making a new profile is except that you have to rebind keys and settings....)

As soon as i pressed escape the same happened. had to reconnect, not very handy really. Is it confirmed fixed in dev build? does anyone know the feedback tracker ticket or something like that which shows this? i cant seem to find one :S

What a shame. Im guessing it's a really simple problem to fix (probably).