moricky

Arma 3 Assets - Objects, Weapons, Magazines and much more

Would also be nice to see backpacks added to the unit list.

Already viewable from Objects > Empty :P

A little misleading though, maybe edit it in the first post, so it says it has backpacks in it too?

Hm, did they change the Biki? The links from OP don't work any more / reroute me to the Biki's main page.

Edit: Seems to work again, thanks!

Edited by IndeedPete

Hi guys,

Thank you Karel, always at the top for information. Alternatively you can access this information in the menu after running a preview in the mission editor. (little i, top right menu)

Hi,

Are the pictures in these databases allowed to be used on an arma3 mod's website?

Good question - I'd alos like to use the pictures in a mod (as item pictures). Is that ok to save me having to take my own pictures and convert them to .paa?

Can the listings be updated to reflect the new phase 3 content?

Yes it can ;)

New assets (jets, Tempest trucks, campaign objects, ...) added.

And yes, you're free to use the images anywhere you want.

This is what I have and it's working for everything, except for the rangefinder. Please advise me on what I'm doing wrong.

this additem "nvgoggles";

this additem "ItemCompass";

this additem "itemgps";

this additem "itemmap";

this additem "itemradio";

this additem "itemwatch";

this additem "Rangefinder";

this assignItem "nvgoggles";

this assignItem "itemcompass";

this assignItem "itemgps";

this assignItem "itemmap";

this assignItem "itemradio";

this assignItem "itemwatch";

this assignItem "Rangefinder";

Thank you!

Yes it can ;)

New assets (jets, Tempest trucks, campaign objects, ...) added.

And yes, you're free to use the images anywhere you want.

Thanks - to the GIMP!

I mean the GIMP, not the gimp.

Edit: I just reread what I wrote and it looks like I was saying thanks to someone called Gimp, but it was meant in the spirit of "To the Batmobile!" and so on.

What I should have said is "Thanks, I'm now going off to the gimp to chop stuff up".

Edited by Das Attorney

@ CamperBob42: Have you tried using addWeapon for "Rangefinder" instead of addItem/assignItem?

Hello,

What's a className backpack'll see the day here?

In all the links I found nothing on the backpack. I can find the codes, it is not a problem for me. But using the links regularly, it would be welcome to access them here. Thank you in advance and for the work done by the BIS team. :D

hmm sorry ! He just had to open my eyes, the class Backpack is just down the page after ammobox className

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EMPTY

Cordially JonyBIgooD

Edited by JonyBIgood

Hm, I can't seem to find any goggles/glasses there. I can find them under CfgGlasses in the config viewer. I'd just like to copy the full list of classnames without having to Alt-Tab after every item. Alternatively, does anybody know in which PBO the config files are? To open them manually and copy the classnames for glasses?

This is what I have and it's working for everything, except for the rangefinder. Please advise me on what I'm doing wrong.

this additem "nvgoggles";

this additem "ItemCompass";

this additem "itemgps";

this additem "itemmap";

this additem "itemradio";

this additem "itemwatch";

this additem "Rangefinder";

this assignItem "nvgoggles";

this assignItem "itemcompass";

this assignItem "itemgps";

this assignItem "itemmap";

this assignItem "itemradio";

this assignItem "itemwatch";

this assignItem "Rangefinder";

Thank you!

thank you so much :yay:

I dont see the OPFOR soldier that look like guerrilla ?

I only have OPFOR->CSAT in the editor and there i cant find them.

Where are they ?

They're switched off by default. You need to enable them with a small mod.

I honestly don't get why though. In my opinion mission creators should be able to have any unit on any side. oO

Thanks !

I already thought i bought another version of the game... :)

Hey guys,

This thread was really helpful, thank you.

How can I tell which of these classes can have a custom texture applied without the use of a mod.

I know player clothes and vehicles can have textures applied without a mod but what about buildings, walls, objects?

Thanks.

Hi guys, I see there is a Land_Sign_Mines_F Sing in the list, but that has arabic writing on it, is there a greek or international variant? I´m searching for some kind of sign to mark a minefield.

I checked the arma assets pages. I can find the backpacks, but I wan't to know what is inside the backpacks. Is there a list of each backpack and what is in them. I'm creating an army with new backpacks. I want to see the backpack inventory so I can use the same items or add or subtract things from the ones i'm making.

I'm talking about repair backpack, explosive backpack, etc. I already know the classnames of the bags. Maybe I can generate a list.

And one last thing. A suggestion. Why don't you include backpacks in the list of items soldiers have on the assets page? For example, if I go to opfor asset page, I can go to the repair soldier. I can see what ammo, weapons, items that he carries. He carries a backpack, why isn't that in that list?

Thank you.

I checked the arma assets pages. I can find the backpacks, but I wan't to know what is inside the backpacks. Is there a list of each backpack and what is in them. I'm creating an army with new backpacks. I want to see the backpack inventory so I can use the same items or add or subtract things from the ones i'm making.

I'm talking about repair backpack, explosive backpack, etc. I already know the classnames of the bags. Maybe I can generate a list.

And one last thing. A suggestion. Why don't you include backpacks in the list of items soldiers have on the assets page? For example, if I go to opfor asset page, I can go to the repair soldier. I can see what ammo, weapons, items that he carries. He carries a backpack, why isn't that in that list?

Thank you.

You can use the backpackContainer command to get all the gear in a backpack, you may also have to use it in conjunction with the backpackItems and backpackMagazines commands.

Thanks, but that's in game. And I would have to select one at a time right? I want to be able to have some kind of list similar to if you look up equipment on the ASset page. Where on one side you have the classname of every bag and on the other side a list of everything in them. I have created Green, Desert, and Army units for a CSAT mod. I've re textured most backpacks. So I have an empty back pack, that I want to make for a type of soldier and I want to be able to look up what is in the CSAT counterpart, or even and independent counterpart. I've changed loadouts, so it won't be identical. So I couldn't just use a straight transfer.

If I have a single list I can look up info in about 10 seconds. typing out everything in the game or using gme functions like config viewer will take hours.

The reason I ask for a list or generate one is because on the ASSETS page it says :

Generated by BIS_fnc_exportCfgWeapons

So maybe there is a way I can find a way to generate what is inside packed backpacks.

Thanks, but that's in game. And I would have to select one at a time right? I want to be able to have some kind of list similar to if you look up equipment on the ASset page. Where on one side you have the classname of every bag and on the other side a list of everything in them. I have created Green, Desert, and Army units for a CSAT mod. I've re textured most backpacks. So I have an empty back pack, that I want to make for a type of soldier and I want to be able to look up what is in the CSAT counterpart, or even and independent counterpart. I've changed loadouts, so it won't be identical. So I couldn't just use a straight transfer.

If I have a single list I can look up info in about 10 seconds. typing out everything in the game or using gme functions like config viewer will take hours.

The reason I ask for a list or generate one is because on the ASSETS page it says :

Generated by BIS_fnc_exportCfgWeapons

So maybe there is a way I can find a way to generate what is inside packed backpacks.

Well, unless there is a page we are both missing, there isn't one with the information your looking for, so either you take the time to find the inventory loadouts for the backpacks, or wait for a page to come up.

You can still use my commands to make life a little easier if you use them with the copyToClipboard command, so you can literally take it and paste it into a script that makes the loadouts your looking for. I would say just following the config path file would be easier, but I'm not experienced enough in such a matter to do that and provide a good working example.