Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Hats off to us republicans

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Aug. 30 2002,17:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (habdoel @ Aug. 30 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">revolution or...resistance?<span id='postcolor'>

"Ample Lubrication prevents Resistance" -Placebo<span id='postcolor'>

I really said that? Shame on me wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Aug. 31 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL! A revoultion in America?! tounge.gif  LOL!<span id='postcolor'>

Ludicrous isn't it? But I understand people's frustration, I am also turning that way about British politics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ludicrous isn't it? <span id='postcolor'>

Hmmmmmmm......you being sarcastic? wink.gif

I wonder how good political parties reall are. Would it not be better just to vote on a certain individual?

The problem with the US two-system is that so few people ever cross party lines. Voting for individuals often makes life easier- as does voting on laws alone. Ballot issues often show the opinion of the people far more than a politician elected as much by his campaign donors as by his constituents.

The people who have what it takes to win a modern political race are not the people who can be trusted to look out for others first.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Aug. 31 2002,22:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The problem with the US two-system is that so few people ever cross party lines.<span id='postcolor'>

and to top that, both parties try to cover moderate voters. thus, it sometimes becomes hard to tell btw the two.

my favourite quote this week was Rumsfeld equating Saddam to Hitler and America as england in the 1930's, i'm sure most of you have heard it by now. what he failed to mention was that germany had/still has a manufacturing infrastructure that is the envy of the world, and iraq does not. also he forgot the part about Hitler winning by a minority vote, 33% i believe, and the fact that much of his early foreign policy was in using "prempetive attacks" against 3rd world nations that one day might, possibly, with appropiate deals with lucifer himself, be able to attack Germany and get away with it. (let's not forget how he twisted and used the "fact" that ethinc germans living in those countires were being terrorised, but i'm not touching that issue with a 10-foot pole). it's funny too because he addressed this to a roomfull of soldiers and officers, the people who are most likely to know about history beyond highschool level.

it's good Rumsfeld decided to use that particular cheap shot because it makes you think back to that time and compare today's administration, suddenly you begin to see a closer resemblance to hitler and his cadre of men than to any other european country, albeit with a slightly more deft touch, people learn from their mistakes after all even the assholes. i hope the american people are given and exercise their fair and equitable right to vote this particular asshole out of office in 2004 so we can get back to life like it used to be, where we would garner amusement at the expense of the american president's actions, not fear. (admit it, most of you have an uneasy feeling in the pits of your stomach's, bad things are a coming)

well i heard result of recent poll from a local news and the results are:

51% support military action on Iraq(75% in December)

92% says Bush should get congressional approval.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ Sep. 01 2002,03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(admit it, most of you have an uneasy feeling in the pits of your stomach's, bad things are a coming)<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, quite. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 03 2002,18:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget what Loins? <span id='postcolor'>

I was just going back to what started this thread. Until very recently, Billy Clinton was the king of fundraising.

Look, as sad as it is, fundraising, by both parties, is a necessary evil of politics.

If you don't have the money, you don't get elected.