Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Hats off to us republicans

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and provided fresh evidence that money is the oxygen of American political life. <span id='postcolor'>

NOOOO, shit...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The commander in chief has become the fund raiser in chief. <span id='postcolor'>

Didnt i say he was only in it for the money?

Ah, get real. It isnt just Republicans, and it isnt just Democrats. They both spread their legs with equal enthusiasm for cash. We have elected a Parliament of Whores, who will do or say anything to get the cash needed to keep them in power.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They both spread their legs with equal enthusiasm for cash. We have elected a Parliament of Whores, who will do or say anything to get the cash needed to keep them in power.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly, it isn't a Republican or Democratic thing, it's a politics thing. Name a single government in this world that doesn't run on money.

Tyler

Think I have to go with the majority here. When you become a politician, you sell your soul to the guy with the biggest wallet.

I heard they were going to replace lab rats with politicians.

For two reasons:

The scientists dont get as attached to the politicians

and

There are things even rats wont do.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Aug. 30 2002,00:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard they were going to replace lab rats with politicians.  

For two reasons:

The scientists dont get as attached to the politicians

and

There are things even rats wont do.

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Funny thing, i dont think the people would even notice tounge.gif

Whats the difference between a Democrat and Republican?

A Republican will wreck the budget, rack up huge deficits, lie to the public, and fuck up the government beyond repair, just to make himself rich. A Democrat will just do it for fun.

Hehehehehheehe, nice one tex!

I dont think I have came across any member of Parliment(a senator to you Americans)from the two major parties that is not motivated by the $

At least us Republicans are honest about being money grubbing weasles. tounge.gif

Unlike the Democrats who fool the blue collar worker and the inner city minority into thinking that they are champions of the little people. mad.gif

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the differences between Republicans and Democrats?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Aug. 30 2002,12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Forgive my ignorance, but what are the differences between Republicans and Democrats?<span id='postcolor'>

The republicans are in power. The Democrats wish they were in in power. smile.gif

america is ripe for a revolution, when people realize that democrats and republicans are just 2 flavors from the same company they'll demand some real democracy. you can't have 2 parties running the show, there is too much opportunity for collusion between them.

in America politics is run for the convinience of big business at the expense of the citizen, not very sustainable in the long run, i hate cliche's but look at what happened to Rome.

what REALLY worries me is what's going to happen to the nukes in america when this revolt comes, it'll depend on the scope but still, 10k plus nukes in an unstable country is not the stuff dreams are made of.

That's about what I considered to add, but I wouldn't have gone so far to call for a revolution, but for more parties, so that they have to build coalitions to form a government. But I think this is not really well supported in their political system...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ Aug. 30 2002,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">america is ripe for a revolution, when people realize that democrats and republicans are just 2 flavors from the same company they'll demand some real democracy. you can't have 2 parties running the show, there is too much opportunity for collusion between them.

in America politics is run for the convinience of big business at the expense of the citizen, not very sustainable in the long run, i hate cliche's  but look at what happened to Rome.

what REALLY worries me is what's going to happen to the nukes in america when this revolt comes, it'll depend on the scope but still, 10k plus nukes in an unstable country is not the stuff dreams are made of.<span id='postcolor'>

America brainwashes something they call 'Patriotism' into its citizens which will prevent any sort of revoultion in my opinion. True Patriots would want what is best for the country, not simply obey the government.

Edit: typos.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 30 2002,11:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least us Republicans are honest about being money grubbing weasles. tounge.gif

Unlike the Democrats who fool the blue collar worker and the inner city minority into thinking that they are champions of the little people. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

actually it's the other way around tounge.gif

and the two party system, whether we like it or not will stay around....so no revolution ahead....

the difference btw democras and republicans? first, democrats start with de-, whire republicans with re-...then another difference is that republicans do oral sex in private but condemn it in public, democrats do it in private and don't talk about it in public. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (habdoel @ Aug. 30 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">revolution or...resistance?<span id='postcolor'>

"Ample Lubrication prevents Resistance" -Placebo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 30 2002,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ Aug. 30 2002,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">america is ripe for a revolution, when people realize that democrats and republicans are just 2 flavors from the same company they'll demand some real democracy. you can't have 2 parties running the show, there is too much opportunity for collusion between them.

in America politics is run for the convinience of big business at the expense of the citizen, not very sustainable in the long run, i hate cliche's  but look at what happened to Rome.

what REALLY worries me is what's going to happen to the nukes in america when this revolt comes, it'll depend on the scope but still, 10k plus nukes in an unstable country is not the stuff dreams are made of.<span id='postcolor'>

America brainwashes something they call 'Patriotism' into its citizens which will prevent any sort of revoultion in my opinion. True Patriots would want what is best for the country, not simply obey the government.

Edit: typos.<span id='postcolor'>

patriotism works both ways, once you understand the concept it leads to deeper knowledge of it. you can't use patriotism to advance your agenda, people will get wise.

americans are a proud people, prone to radical actions when they think they're getting screwed, they'll explode on anybody who isn't being equitable with them.

one might say, but america survived through the vietnam war as a political entity, well it did not, it radically changed people perceptions of politicians from benevolent father figures to slimy weasels. if america is dragged into a war again by it's moronic leaders and the people have the same reaction as before then we'll be seeing a vastly different process, with a greater possibilty of armed insurrections in response to civilians getting shot while expressing their 1st amendment rights.

why do you think the american federal government has been trying so desperately to disarm it's citizens in the past few years? it's not because of crime since it always decreases when the population carries weapons, think of switzerland, i believe they're trying to reduce their citizens options.

Good to see so many readers of P.J. O'rourke here, he is one of the best satirists in the country.

Btw, is anyone here paying attention to California's gubernatorial election?

Gray Davis, the Dem. canidate, is a slimy sob, who'll do do anything for a vote or a donation

Bill Simon is almost as bad. He's a tax cheat with connections to Enron that can't get an endorsement from his own party.

All the other canidates are crazy, even if they have integrity.

And the ultra-popular moderate republican former mayor of LA Dick Riordan lost the primary!

CA is a sucky state to live in.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Aug. 30 2002,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here ya go Ralphie

http://techcentralstation.com/1051....032702A<span id='postcolor'>

see, my point!

when Dems do it, Reps whine! but when Reps do it, they celebrate it! biggrin.gif