Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

new stuff for aaf - nice bis love it ^^

Aye, we sold Argentina two Type 42 Batch 1 destroyers, ARA Hércules and ARA Santísima Trinidad in 1970, along with Sea Lynx helicopters to go with them.

At the time the Royal Navy had only ordered a single Type 42 destroyer themselves (HMS Sheffield, ordered in 1968: Later sunk during the war) and didn't start ordering more Type 42s until 1971. RN used 5 Type 42s during the war. 4 were in the conflict zone at a time (HMS Exeter replaced HMS Sheffield after it was sunk).

Santísima Trinidad was constructed under licence in an Argentine shipyard and was used as the command ship and launching point for the initial landing of Argentine commandos in East Falkland. It capsized and sank in port earlier this year.

The carrier, ARA Veinticinco de Mayo was ex Royal Netherlands Navy HNLMS Karel Doorman, which had in turn been in Royal Navy service as HMS Venerable during WW2. It was one of the "Colossus-class" carriers that eventually saw service with navies of several different nations after the RN retired them.

Santísima Trinidad was constructed under licence in an Argentine shipyard and was used as the command ship and launching point for the initial landing of Argentine commandos in East Falkland. It capsized and sank in port earlier this year.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=puerto+belgrano&ll=-38.895104,-62.103978&spn=0.001551,0.00349&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=Puerto+Belgrano+Naval+Base&cid=5256564109751305967&t=h&z=19&iwloc=A

Yeah, what? AAF shouldn't be getting this much stuff. They're a tiny arse island for crying out loud. How much can they really afford on security? If this was Greece or a country equivilent to Greece/some ally of the AAF which aren't a part of NATO (European Union?), fine. The greens can have all of this near-future stuff, but currently it's not. These latest assets should be used for another faction (again, European Union? I'm planning on making the faction, but I'm currently holding off until the latest BI Tools are released, and because I'm currently busy with university (but not for long)). Any further new stuff for the AAF faction should, in my opinion, be more dated in comparison to NATO's/CSAT's equipment/vehicles (e.g. ported ArmA II stuff with tuning/retexturing, no stealth/near-future tech).

You may say that Altis is too small of a faction to have this many vehicles, but just look at the CDF in ArmA 2, the AAFs equivalent. They had more vehicles than the AAF before this update, and now they seem pretty evenly matched. Also, you say that the AAF should have more low tech equipment, and I have to say, compared to CSAT and NATO, they already do have a lot. Although some vehicles, such as the Gorgon and Strider, are pretty cutting edge, their other vehicles, such as the L-39, Warrior, Hellcat, ect. would be considered slightly outdated compared to the CSAT and NATO lineup, where pretty much all their vehicles are cutting edge, with the exception of the Kamaz, and maybe the Merkava and Hunter.

Your other request, for them to add a new faction, is pretty ridiculous at this point when you consider it. To add in a new faction would require BIS to make up a whole new backstory for them in the ArmAverse, somehow incorporate them into the already halfway finished campaign, and give them a roster of weapons, vehicles, skins, vests, ect. I can easily see this happening in DLC, as it has in the past (BAF, PMC, taki's, US Army, ect) but not occurring as a standard game update.

I spy Arma2 BAF ports with hexa-camo... and you're getting paid to do this?

Oh well, we might as well get used to it since now all of the MLODs are available. A3 is going to have almost everything ported into it from A2.

I think that BI has done the most they could with ports. I don't believe there is any other possible thing that should be ported from A2, the poly counts and quality of ported things versus Arma 3 Vanilla content, is easily seen, and not very good in my opinion, even if it's ported by BIS themselves. They would have at least smoothed out the edges of some vehicles.

I'm pretty disappointed that there's no armed version of Hellcat (Green).

It would have been a great fit for insertion/support dual-role chopper for small-player coop missions where the players are Brits (or, are not Greeks).

I don`t understand the design choice with tank drivers that can´t turn out. Another tank useless for my group, not willing to play 3rd person.

It's not 100% done, they're just giving us the vehicles to use for now while they continue bug fixing, polishing, and creating more things.

I like the new stuff but I hate the absence of optimization. The performance is getting worse for every new patch. Truly sad :)

I like the new stuff but I hate the absence of optimization. The performance is getting worse for every new patch. Truly sad :)

Performance is the wrong world, but quality, and usability. I've noticed better gameplay FPS from 3 months ago, as opposed to now.

On the other hand, im kinda mad, the Hellcat has now 2 M-134's, when it used to have only one 25mm pod. I think the Hellcat is a bit OP now with 2 miniguns. After all it is AAF.

The new AAF tank's cross hair is not aligned properly. Also, surprised by lack of ammo in the re-skinned ( :rolleyes: I guess this is the "free DLC" to make up for the copy and pasted items in the initial release ..lol..irony) warrior.

No zeroing on commanders gun of MBT-52 Kuma. More or less its about 200 meters. Is this intended or yet to be debuged and polished?

Why do no vehicles have night vision for their commanders? Since the thermal vision instantly washes out into a haze it makes doing anything a night a pain.

Vehicles still do not reverse 9 out of 10 times when ordered and getting a gunner to change weapon is a nightmare.

I realize these aren't specific to the new AAF vehicles but it's annoying to find they still haven't been solved.

Performance is the wrong world, but quality, and usability. I've noticed better gameplay FPS from 3 months ago, as opposed to now.

On the other hand, im kinda mad, the Hellcat has now 2 M-134's, when it used to have only one 25mm pod. I think the Hellcat is a bit OP now with 2 miniguns. After all it is AAF.

I would expect a 25mm pod to be better for use against buildings and armored vehicles, after all, you could have high-explosive ammunition, as well as the depleted uranium APFSDS rounds which could penetrate ~3 inches of armor at 1000m.

Of course in-game, they gave the 7.62mm minigun ammo the same penetration as 12.7x108 APDS, so...