Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

new stuff for aaf - nice bis love it ^^

look at the nams the green army is a little greek ^^ no eastblock and the kuma is only a old leoa4 with kit for export ;) the greek loe is more modern than this kuma Version ^^

In personal regards, love the Leopard tank, hehe. Ok, but to the real stuff, Iran has had american technology for quite some time. It's not hard to believe they would reverse engineer things, or even made them better. Case and point, the Saeqeh Fighter.

Saeqeh+Thunderbolt+Fighter+Sa%2527eqeh+Saegheh+Saeqeh-80%2528HESA%2529+Azarakhsh++Iran%2527s+first+fightercombat+jet+fighter.American+Northrop+F-5++Islamic+Republic+of+Iran+Air+Force+Iranian+Ministry+of+Defe+%25283%2529.jpg

An updated F-5E. They also made their own drones off of US drone baselines. Though, weather any of those work, is questionable to the max. Than again, in the 2035 era, China and Russia could have helped them make all the fantastic new toys they have. Kamysh, MI-48, and T-100.

Yes those super hightech aircraft that we would really have dramas scrapping with..

They were Hawk 109s and Hawk 209s - they were pretty fairly advanced attack aircraft back in the 1990s when Indonesia were buying them from us.

Anyway, the turret on the AAF Warrior is the cancelled BAE one, not the same turret that the UK will be getting on our upgraded Warriors (BIS chose the wrong turret when they made the one for BAF). Nor are they fitted with a proper up-armour kit on the hull (they've got a bit of skirting covering the road wheels but not much covering the areas where the crew and dismounts are located).

Probably a bit off topic with my last comment. Anyway, i love the new stuff for AAF, it's my second favorite faction. Opfor is my first. (hehe) Ok, but look, love the models, the Leopard needs work, but, so do the other two. The Ported models NEVER look as good as ones made for Arma 3 itself. This should be obvious. None the less, still love the new muscle for the AAF. Though, there is one more thing i would like to see ported, overhauled, and included in the FINAL game.

.... You guys Guessed right ....

..... SCUD .....

The Ported models NEVER look as good as ones made for Arma 3 itself.

The KA60 (Orca) is one example of that. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that the KA60 was made by someone in the community and bought by BIS during the Flashpoint days, and it's since been used in PMC and re-used in Arma 3. If that's true, I guess that's a testament to how good the model was in the first place.

In general I'm not really too bothered about helicopters and armoured vehicles. I always liked the Lynx in BAF so I'm OK with it being ported, but if I had to choose a helicopter to be brought over from A2, I'd have probably picked the UH-1Y Venom.

Yes because the UK government would sell all there brand spanking new army 2020 extended service life and new aircraft to a genocidal greek faction in leauge with the "Syrians/Iranians/Russians" CSAT nonsense.

Nice one BIS.

Going to add some actual relevant equipment now? Ie BMP3?

Why not?

1. It's the Armaverse Ie not our universe.

2. It's the near future Armaverse Ie even more unpredictable as far as Geo-political schemes go.

3. For all we know they were bought in 2022 on a 10 year payment plan because CSAT was sniffing around and NATO was in need of an adequately equipped proxy/ally.

We don't know if the genocidal Altian faction was in league with CSAT when they bought/received the vehicles. Matter of fact, we still don't know if they are now, the campaign hasn't made that clear.

5. Altis is not Greece so why would the BMP-3 be relevant?

The KA-60 (P-30 Orca), is not the same. I've done a side by side comparison, almost unnoticeable, but the P-30 is bigger than the Arma 2 PMC KA-60. Though, its completely re worked, the Instruments work as opposed to the Arma 2 mixed paint look all the interior of the helis had. In terms of models, in Arma 3, if they make everything with fresh materials, it looks stunning, anything that is ported, doesn't look like it fits the scene.

Personally, i like the BMP-3, its sexy.

bmp-3.jpg

The BMP-3 is awesome, but it makes no sense having it in AAF. It fits more CSAT forces standards, as its a russian vehicle, and AAF is a NATO asset, that fights CSAT, who are backed by Russia/China.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Why not?

1. It's the Armaverse Ie not our universe.

2. It's the near future Armaverse Ie even more unpredictable as far as Geo-political schemes go.

3. For all we know they were bought in 2022 on a 10 year payment plan because CSAT was sniffing around and NATO was in need of an adequately equipped proxy/ally.

We don't know if the genocidal Altian faction was in league with CSAT when they bought/received the vehicles. Matter of fact, we still don't know if they are now, the campaign hasn't made that clear.

5. Altis is not Greece so why would the BMP-3 be relevant?

Let's be honest here. It is because the art assets were available.

Let's be honest here. It is because the art assets were available.

Probably. And I don't see a problem with it. or any other Arma2 models/Textures.

If its still high quality. Why not use it.

Name me a game studio that will do something again from scratch when you got something lying about that will do.

Wasted time and money.

AAF gets a leopard 2... Part of me is crying inside.

Is this some sorta joke? They didn't even increase the texture resolution of these ported vehicles.

Kuma and Mora is fine IMO (Mora also received some more details compared to Warrior) but Hellcat... yeah, they ported it with old textures and slightly changed model.

What has been released so far in the dev-build is WIP, let's not forget that it's still subject to possible change..

BIS is giving us a taste of what has been done so far.. :)

Alternatively they could've kept it for themselves, internally testing it, whilst teasing us with screenshots etc. like many other developers do.

I think it's a good thing that BIS allows for the community to help squash out bugs, etc. and give them feedback, for what we get back in return essentially is a better game. But time is the keyword here.

AAF gets a leopard 2... Part of me is crying inside.

Yeah, what? AAF shouldn't be getting this much stuff. They're a tiny arse island for crying out loud. How much can they really afford on security? If this was Greece or a country equivilent to Greece/some ally of the AAF which aren't a part of NATO (European Union?), fine. The greens can have all of this near-future stuff, but currently it's not. These latest assets should be used for another faction (again, European Union? I'm planning on making the faction, but I'm currently holding off until the latest BI Tools are released, and because I'm currently busy with university (but not for long)). Any further new stuff for the AAF faction should, in my opinion, be more dated in comparison to NATO's/CSAT's equipment/vehicles (e.g. ported ArmA II stuff with tuning/retexturing, no stealth/near-future tech).

Edited by Jinzor

Yeah, what? AAF shouldn't be getting this much stuff. They're a tiny arse island for crying out loud. How much can they really afford on security? If this was Greece or a country equivilent to Greece/some ally of the AAF which aren't a part of NATO (European Union?), fine.

Could Greece really afford it either?

well real-world greece currently has 350+ 2A4 and 2A6's, its conceivable that in the armaverse the financial crisis never happened or they upgraded part of their fleet to 2A7+ standard...

Yeah, what? AAF shouldn't be getting this much stuff. They're a tiny arse island for crying out loud. How much can they really afford on security? If this was Greece or a country equivilent to Greece/some ally of the AAF which aren't a part of NATO (European Union?), fine.

It could have it for the same reason that tiny countries like Israel have plenty of atomic bombs and so many hi-tech equipment, or Kuwait which has plenty of modern assets and its just a little 2 million people country...

It all depends who is your big brother... If AAF is patronized by CSAT... it can easily have that kind of stuff.

Besides that we are talking about a country that has just been in a civil war, so much of their economy was focused on buying military equipment.

It could have it for the same reason that tiny countries like Israel have plenty of atomic bombs and so many hi-tech equipment, or Kuwait which has plenty of modern assets and its just a little 2 million people country...

It all depends who is your big brother... If AAF is patronized by CSAT... it can easily have that kind of stuff.

Besides that we are talking about a country that has just been in a civil war, so much of their economy was focused on buying military equipment.

Not to mention the fact that we don't have any numbers. I don't remember BI releasing background story elements claiming the AAF consist of several dozen army brigades + air force and navy.

For all we know their entire army aviation branch is battalion sized.

Maybe, the Greeks currently have the Leopard 2A6 Hel (Hellenic). Maybe in the 2020's they'd order some Revolutions? Who knows, but it's more believable than a tiny, almost insignificant island.

You raise a good point there, but it'd be great if BI could explain it directly to the player through some briefing log/random AI conversation rather than leave us guessing.

Not to mention the fact that we don't have any numbers. I don't remember BI releasing background story elements claiming the AAF consist of several dozen army brigades + air force and navy.

For all we know their entire army aviation branch is battalion sized.

actually if you look in the field manual under vehicle info, the description for the Leopard AKA "Kuma" it states that they purchased a few dozen along with some spare turrets from a south European nation suffering from an economic collapse of sorts. So as you said its certainly not too far fetched.

It's just a shame about their voices, they are my favourite faction in the game so far but I somehow hear Arnold Sschwarzenegger in the voice acting, for me the voice acting is one of the areas lacking most in the game, but nice to see them get new toys anyway.

Yes because the UK government would sell all there brand spanking new army 2020 extended service life and new aircraft to a genocidal greek faction in leauge with the "Syrians/Iranians/Russians" CSAT nonsense.

Nice one BIS.

Going to add some actual relevant equipment now? Ie BMP3?

Hmm,

I think UK used to sold their ship (or carrier whatever I cant remember) to Argentina before the folkland war.

Are you thinking of the luckiest ship in the US Navy?

Nope, we sold them 2 destroyers that we had, exactly the same ones as we were using (One of them was called Hercules as I recall). Not to mention their aircraft carrier was an old British WW2 ship.