max75

Arma III Fishing

I just played this for the first time, and I must congratulate you on creating a highly original and fascinatingly bizarre experience!

Your mod has given me many video-gaming-Firsts - such as picking maggots out of a toilet and buying overpriced cookies from a run-down supermarket. :D

Unfortunately I did have some mixed luck with the inventory and item interaction - my guy seems highly reluctant to interact with things, I often have to stand on top of them and move around trying to find the spot where I can interact. I'm also still a bit confused by the overall aim and system - but that's to be expected of something this complex, perhaps if it expands in the future, someone should help out and make a Wiki for high quality quick-ref...

This has the potential to be a great game - a completely new way of reimagining Arma 3.

Okay, this HAS to be part of DAYZ now!! :D Would make an excellent way to get food for survival.

Yes! In DAYZ there must be some farmer slots, who are obtaining and selling food, they are 100% friendly and not to kill by survivors!

For those who are interested:

I work on lite version on Stratis. There is no any additional addons will be required. The fishing on spinning, fishing from boat and other new features will be added.

Thank for attention!

Hi Max, AWESOME MOD!!

So first of all, here is the launch list I use (I use ArmA 3 Mod Preset Launcher)

@a3mp (All ArmA 2 Maps for ArmA 3)

@a3mp_ap (Additional Pack - makes the maps more streamlined)

@ARF (Fishin Mod)

@cba_a3 (Community Base Addons - ArmA 3)

@AllInArma

Just a couple of problems I'm having.

1: I can't walk. I can only run and "sneak" - !!FIXED: Downloaded Map Pack mentioned below!!

2: I cannot interact with the "Fishing Shops". There is no interaction available and I cannot enter the building

the shop is located in. !!FIXED - Scroll Wheel interaction does not work. Have to press "e"!!

3: The shovel behind your starting house, how does one dig out worms with it?

4: The General Store, when I enter it and say "Buy Food", the "shelf" thing that pops is totally empty.

5: When I spawn in, my food and drink bars are both red.

6: There is only R4 (Money) in the closet.

7: This could be related to the map I have, but ALL the fresh water spots are dried up, it just has some green

grass/bushes and no water. !!I tried using the Chernarus Map from Dayz Mod again, as above, can't move, but all

the fresh water spots have water. But can't move, can't draw fishing reel.)

I also get these erros when I launch the game/mod:

1: Addon 'arf_main' requires addon 'AiA_UI'

2: Addon 'arf_main' requires addon

I installed @A3MP (ArmA 2 Map Pack port for ArmA3) and @A3MP_AP (Additional Map Pack) in support of the first one.

I pressme this is the right Chernarus map to use?

Do I need a special Chernarus map for the Fishing Mod to work?

Thanks

Lite version for MANW contest.

Stratis. Spinnings. Fishing from boat. The Tournament.

Hi Max...

SadisticSquirrel, I'm sorry I took so long to answer. I did not receive notification for some reason. Play on Stratis yet. I think of what to do with the old version.

Edited by Max75

Hey Max, just wanted to congratulate you for your "out of the box" iniciative... loved the intro for the mission and the smart link with Make Arma not War at the end!

Gotta go and get some fishing, F#@% yeah (explosions and rapid burst at the background) :yay: ;)

;2696416']loved the intro

He-he, thanks to Great Slayer!:)

Fishing simulator 2014.

It is fine. But Arma... is so f/// Arma) I work on Chernarus version 1.03.

Dear friends! I stand before a choice: continue to use AiA (Arma 2 is required) or directly include Cherno in ARF. In the latter case it will be necessary to download additional 4GB. I incline to the latter, as many people have trouble with AiA launching. What do you say?

No need to include Cherno as it is already available with A3MP mod and most of the community already use it! Just put A3MP as a dependancy for your mod!

cheers!

Just make no dependency and let people decide what they want to use. :)

Corporal_Lib[bR], there is no water in Cherno ponds in A3MP I know. I do not wish to sacrifice freshwater fish)

.kju, for some scripts and, most importantly, for some ideas there is a big difference what is used - AiA or something else, but... ok, I'll think about it.

Thanks, guys.

I've been having an issue with getting this mod to load. I've installed it once before using the correct instructions and received an error saying "arf_buildings.hpp" was not found. A few months later with a fresh install of ARMA 3 I've re-installed the mod via PlaywithSix and once again it reports the same error. The only solution i have found that is online (translated) involving editing the arf_buildings.pbo did not solve it either. Any thoughts? I feel maybe it's probably going to be a pretty obvious mistake on my part at this point.

RaincoatHermit, mod is inoperative now. Please wait for a while.

This one for Fishing-Tycoons? :D (i just made a config for that thing)

nIs2eI5l.jpg

Good to know, max75! Now that CUP´s Chernarus has decent ponds (and lakes), are you going to port A3 Fishing from Altis to Cherno?

cheers!

corporal_lib[br], I'm going to make the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world in ONE campaign) And return home) There are many good Islands for Arma.

• Like 3