max75

Arma III Fishing

ARMA III FISHING

d5e265cb807abf2ec8f36047baf830fe.png

Version 1.54

Fishing mod for Arma 3.
The basic principles and ideas are taken from RF3 and partially from AF2.
Requirements: @allinarmaterrainpack, @cba_a3.

INSTALLATION
Installation is standard: copy the @ARF folder in Arma 3 folder, launch as mod.
Starting only with -filePatching option!

FEATURES

There is the marine fauna of north region of Black Sea (125 fish species) represented in the mod now.

All fish, presented in mod, corresponds to the real prototypes what dwelling in this region. Habits of fish, depth of dwelling and preferable baits are observed.

The nibble (it intensity, the preferred bait, depth, size of fish, etc.) is determined randomly for each day. Depends on the weather (optional).

The mod includes the feed system, alternative gear system, system of purchase/sale, things wearing and also cooking system.

DEFECTS, LIMITATIONS AND BUGS
1) lack of fishing animations, throwing and holding the rod;
2) because of an unfortunate oversight the correct dialogue displaying is possible only on "Small" interface size;
*correction is possible, but it takes so much effort and time, that is much easier to politely ask you to switch to this size;
3) constantly get an error at civilian spawn with TPW-script (not found texture);
4) you have to launch functions manually (press "J") everytime you've loaded saved game.
5) small scripting errors and game bugs will take place for certain, everything can't be tracked alone.

WARNING! You have to launch functions manually (press "J") everytime you've loaded saved game!

(I'll try to solve this problem)

THE NEXT PLANS
A story.

Credits & Thanks:

Bohemia Interactive

TPW (TPW MODS)
reyhard (RDS Civ Pack)
Szwedzik@Alduric (A3C - Name Tag Mod)

The mod is under construction, please contact me about bugs, shortcomings etc.

Training mission and blah-blah-blah VIDEO (English subtitles)

DOWNLOAD (~520 Mb)

Edited by max75
  • Like 1

Wow! Very clever. Nicely done.

I love how you took a "military simulator" and gave us something unique.

A fine fishing mod indeed. Thanks!

Interesting concept :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Multiplayer FTW.

If there are fishing animations will be - it will be possible to think of multiplayer.

THIS.....is why the Arma community is the BEST community....great work man.

If there are fishing animations will be - it will be possible to think of multiplayer.

Although I doesn't like fishing, but after read this I was very interested in. It must cost you a lot of time and effort right? thanks a lot, I'm sure I'll try it asap.

In addition, if you need some new custom RTM animation files, maybe I can help to create.

fromz,thanks for sympathy, it really takes a lot of time) I take note about animations, before moving on it is necessary to wait a little. I'll let you know.

:D

Excellent! Although I hate fishing, I love, when moddder does not allow to limit his imagination and just does with the game whatever he wants. Great approach. For me - a good reason for checking AiA soon just for this, I think.

This looks pretty good, I'm going to try it out later today! I think I've found my replacement of Sega bass fishing. :)

Can you tell me what i need to do to retreat the line? I mean the float is bouncing what next? Some magic key?

Can you tell me what i need to do to retreat the line? I mean the float is bouncing what next? Some magic key?

If I understand you correctly - press Space to cut (sweep? oh, my English) a fish.

Are you planning on any fishing vessels?

How realistic are the fish bites? It would be nice to relax like real life fishing.

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

Could get a version that's just fishing? The current versions is more of a fishing life mod.

Are you planning on any fishing vessels?

How realistic are the fish bites? It would be nice to relax like real life fishing.

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

Could get a version that's just fishing? The current versions is more of a fishing life mod.

1. Fishing from a boat is planned.

2. I try to consider all factors - the behavior, the preferred bait, depth, habitat, etc. As far as it is possible, of course. Do not demand too much, please, this is a game.

3. Yes, probably I will make the light version.

This is only the beginning! At this stage I need to ensure that the mod just works and I still have to create a basis for further development.

Edited by Max75

Quality mate, might not have to get up at 6am to find a decent casting spot this weekend, can just go play this!

Yea. English is OK until you talk about fishes xD

I press G to throw, wait for the fish and then space?

I press G to throw, wait for the fish and then space?

After the float twitch and will be disappeared press Space. Then LMB and RMB to draw out a fish.

Thanks, what does the first left icon on HUD mean?

Need for smoking. Our hero not only ex-alcoholic, but also heavy smoker) This is my whim.

I would love to see this expanded with hunting. It is amazing so far, and with hunting, it would be perfect. It would be my dream mod. Maybe even start us with a pistol in a cabinet with a couple magazines, and we go hunting to get money to get more ammo and possibly an upgrade for our pistol, maybe a bolt action rifle or a shotgun, depending on our choice. And the last thing that I would love to see would be able to have a little garden that we could farm some stuff that we can sell to farmers. Maybe make the stuff take 30 minutes to an hour, maybe configurable, real time to grow.

Edit: Maybe enable us to have an option some time down the line making it where we don't need to smoke, but still can if we want to. And if we do smoke, it warms us up and adds a temporary boost. I know this would be way down the line, but it's some suggestions.

Edited by Recardio