Sign in to follow this  
Topsu

Random terrible boot time + performance

90% times I launch arma 2: OA or beta my game takes 2-3minutes to boot and then alt-tabbing takes 1-2 minutes to desktop and like 1 minute back to game.

Before and now like 10% time (I have to restart arma2 many times in row to get this (sometimes it is first try, but the next time I start arma2 it has bad performance again)) and my arma2 boots in 10 seconds + alt tabs out and in instantly.

Had arma 2 in my hdd and then tried to reinstall arma 2 to my ssd without help.

CPU: i5 4670k

Mobo: Z87-A

SSD: Intel 320 series 120gb

GPU: GTX 770

And I do not know much about the circumstances, this started when I first downloaded some mods like ace, but still lasts after deleting them and re installing game.

Happens even right after reboot and after computer has been on for whole day.

And this happens "randomly" like 9 times out of ten.

Edited by Topsu

bumbs

According to your very detailed report, it is safe to say: somethings wrong. Please tease us with further details like you PC components, OS version, more detailed info about the circumstances (how long was the pc turned on before starting the game?) to receive a more detailed answer. And do not bump. Bump is not a relevant info and therefor useless. Thank you.

Myke;2572909']According to your very detailed report' date=' it is safe to say: somethings wrong. Please tease us with further details like you PC components, OS version, more detailed info about the circumstances (how long was the pc turned on before starting the game?) to receive a more detailed answer. And do not bump. Bump is not a relevant info and therefor useless. Thank you.[/quote']

Ok, I updated my post

Ok, I updated my post

Hmmm...i hoped that you would post system specs that were quite underpowered and outdated. Unfortunately your system looks quite good, nothing obvious which could give a clue. Also i would have suspected some mods/addons issues but since you wrote you deleted them......i'm clueless. Hopefully someone with some ideas will jump in and be able to help. Sorry.

first things first:

have you tried deleting your cfg and profile (both found under 'documents')

the game will write them new at next startup.

this is especially recommended if you were running mods (which can alter cfgs).