icebreakr

Isla Duala for Arma 3 (WIP)

I don't think his going to want them Altis length apart, Can you imagine how long it would take to travel that in a boat? I think 4 -6 km's apart sounds about right but It is one of those things that will need to be tested to get it right. It would need to be not too short a trip for a jet or heli but not a mammoth trip for a boat.

Why not?

Imagine the tension, spending half an hour getting to your AO you sure as hell will do your best not to get shot within the first two minutes.

But I agree on the gameplay part, strongly depends on the mission type but that's up to the mission maker how to handle it.

Why not?

Imagine the tension, spending half an hour getting to your AO you sure as hell will do your best not to get shot within the first two minutes.

But I agree on the gameplay part, strongly depends on the mission type but that's up to the mission maker how to handle it.

This^

With that kind of distance to cover you could give your mission briefs in the bird/boat and, pending you could cleverly place something like an ammo or VAS box with attachTo, allow everyone to work over their loadouts as they approach. It would be interesting to say the least and I wouldn't mind it at all.

Warfare, and Persistent missions. Uber large maps are made for these.

Put the LHD in and/or a MkV. MH-47 dropping rafts... many ways to get the time down for crossing oceans.

The game needs a map like this if they want naval warfare to become a true thing, imagine the nimitz mounted with CRAMS fighting off SU-35s or 24s or even Migs coming off duala while reinforcements are inbound from panthera

Sorry to ask IceBreakr but what happened to the Balkan map you mentioned long time ago in the Arma 2 forums. Did you make it or cancelled the project?

However I really hope you get more involved in Arma 3, your maps and the quality are missing right now.

Sorry for the late reply. I have that map ready in alpha state since A2. But... as you can see A3 is still somehow in "alpha" state so I've been slacking off myself, too. I will release Balkania as its one of the most interesting projects I have on the "table". Soon ;) when its done.

The game needs a map like this if they want naval warfare to become a true thing, imagine the nimitz mounted with CRAMS fighting off SU-35s or 24s or even Migs coming off duala while reinforcements are inbound from panthera

+1

In fact I would have preferred an Altis divided in two for the vanilla game ( basically just cut after the airport ) it would had added a lot more options in gameplay and story wise ( disembarks, diving operations, helos, artillery shooting from an island to the other, etc. ).

+1

In fact I would have preferred an Altis divided in two for the vanilla game ( basically just cut after the airport ) it would had added a lot more options in gameplay and story wise ( disembarks, diving operations, helos, artillery shooting from an island to the other, etc. ).

Not a bad idea, personally I would have liked the ability to go from Stratis to Altis.

*asking 2 questions because I'm greedy*

So if it was possible to put all the islands in, with an ocean separation, how big is the ocean going to be? Do you plan to order the islands in a straight line or a circle configuration?

I like the idea of a very very very big map ... i am loving this i'm now subscribed to this thread keep up the god like work "Not being ironic, the work is divine "

Sorry for the late reply. I have that map ready in alpha state since A2. But... as you can see A3 is still somehow in "alpha" state so I've been slacking off myself, too. I will release Balkania as its one of the most interesting projects I have on the "table". Soon ;) when its done.

Good to hear, but one thing. While elements of A3 are underdone I do think it's better in many ways than A2. Maps particularly, look subpar when comparing A2 maps to Altis.

So it's time to embrace A3 I say. :)

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Not sure if that made sense. Point is, A3 is the future, A2 is not. ;)

I know that Lightspeed. But in current state we're not playing nor A3 nor A2 ;) we've had several A3 event in the past months but... the feeling is not there as in previous titles (OFP,A1,A2,AO). Hopefully mods will improve that soon.

I know that Lightspeed. But in current state we're not playing nor A3 nor A2 ;) we've had several A3 event in the past months but... the feeling is not there as in previous titles (OFP,A1,A2,AO). Hopefully mods will improve that soon.

Wait for RHS, I do really believe they will make a change in A3, with their Russian and US mods.

We play 2 - 3 times a week and with mods included we would never go back to A2 although we use the map packs

We play 2 - 3 times a week and with mods included we would never go back to A2 although we use the map packs

Agreed. My team runs ops 2-3 times a week on various maps and, while it's nice to visit some of the more nostalgic A2 Scenery, I wouldn't go back to A2 itself. So much of the core game is improved, in my eyes, over A2 that I couldn't give it up. Mods do make the difference though. Without the modding community and what it has already brought to A3 I probably would still be playing A2.

As for combining all of the islands into one map.. I'm still pretty damn giddy and have been daydreaming about such a map since it was first noted a page or two back. The scenarios one could dream up with a map like that are endless.

...we've had several A3 event in the past months but... the feeling is not there as in previous titles (OFP,A1,A2,AO). Hopefully mods will improve that soon.

I feel you... I'm just not into this futuristic content and the islands BI gave to us, but I do believe in the community work (fixing Problemia Interactive since 2001 :D)!

Fortunately there are so many capable people in it!

The first months I had absolutely no joy playing A3, but the fun comes back step by step, addon by addon :)

Hopefully the spark will jump over to you too and set fire to your motivation, cause I love your work! :p

Do you eventually plan to bring your "Molatian Army" back? Those were my favorite enemy units by far, watching them patroulling through grass and wheatfields in their badass camouflage. Priceless :)

Regards!

I totally agree, I logged nearly 3000 hours in ArmA 2: OA..ArmA 3 just dosn't feel quite the same..im really holding out for ACE3 and ACRE2 at this point. I want to enjoy ArmA 3...but most of the time the fun feels forced.

but most of the time the fun feels forced.

This is probably the most confusing thing I've read all day.

@killshot:

I too hope that the Molatian army will find it's way back, hell, even lingor units would be a blast to have again, drug cartel units with AKs and FN FALs, hell yeah!

This is probably the most confusing thing I've read all day.

@killshot:

I too hope that the Molatian army will find it's way back, hell, even lingor units would be a blast to have again, drug cartel units with AKs and FN FALs, hell yeah!

ive talked to him and he said there would be a panthera army so i would guess some them too

Up!

Any new information about Duala for Arma3? If it seems to be far in future, that would be also good to know...

Maltti

Rockabilly House Server

Panthera v3.0 will be released this month. Others (A2 maps that is) will follow shortly.

Panthera v3.0 will be released this month. Others (A2 maps that is) will follow shortly.

This is fantastic news!!!! Thank you for all your hard work!!

Will it be standalone or will have AiA as requirement?

Well, months and months (even years) went into these islands and BIS failed to include A2 content, like they did prior with A1 (well, kinda semi). So changing all objects would be too time consuming, therefor AiA will be required, yes. But islands will be improved and new assets used, too.

Oh man i love your islands, looking forward to be in my neighborhood (panthera) again.Thx for your effort and always outstanding work.