icebreakr

Isla Duala for Arma 3 (WIP)

Excellent mate, cracking team shaping up as well, good luck.

Good to see you back in business for A3 Ice... :bounce3:

ice ice baby...A3 vanilla Ice

Duala was one of my top 3 favourite islands for Arma 2, good to see it returning!

Well, I would probably need to increase the size of that island. By 2 ;) A lot of work, but we will see how first conversions go...

well if i knew how to mod i would help, but sadly i cant get visitor to run like how i see everyone else do it

This is a very good news !

For us, an African map is "the graal" for french mil sim.

So good luck.

We used Duala on our public server's domination for months last year...

Good News, Mr.IceBreakr. You just made my day:)

I can't wait for visiting your high-quality islands again in ArmA3!

Looks great! Got two questions about specific map making though: First: Is that image taken from ingame A3? If yes, did you have any troubles with ground texture being way too bright compared to the sat_lco?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm designing an island myself and the illumination is really strange and way too bright on the sat_lco being utilized at long distances :/

Cannot wait for this, Glad to see you over on arma 3 icebrakr

Hi, sounds great, Tonal was a great island, maybe the best one of the OFP's history and will be great to have something like that back; i think that the addon buildings that Mondkalb did for the ArmA3 could fit well into a Tonal like atmosphere, this ones:

- MBG Kill Houses v1.0.

It also have custom/addon concrete walls too; sure that Mondkalb don't cares if you use 'em on a Tonal like island and if you give 'em with the island download, i've try 'em and they look and work great, without problems or bugs. I miss BAS, was one of the greatest groups that i've ever meet, great addon & mission makers, they did the OFP bigger. Good news. Let's C ya

So Ice, are you making Duala for A3 and Tonal for A3 as well?

Maltti

Maltti: that is correct. Both islands. And a third brand new one ;) lets just hope proper tools are on the way.

@IceBreakr....just confirming you're porting Lingor Island as well? I love the whole jungle warfare aspect (I'm a big fan of the Vietnam war era gameplay) and using Lingor would just be perfect for it.

Pharoah: dunno yet, it would take me months of work to rework towns, BIS "forgot" to include any legacy objects in A3.

Opendome: I don't like certain parts of Duala and A3 release would be perfect to change around some parts. I'm open to your suggestions, sketches - you can post here ;)

Hey Ice, so glad you decided to give arma 3 map making ago, Duala as well as any of your other maps would look great in A3 engine. Bis updated tools by the way, not sure exactly what was updated though. Anyhow glad to see you here, I bet your jungle island would look amazing in Arma3 :)

Bis updated tools by the way, not sure exactly what was updated though.

No Visitor, just a ?new? format importer for O2 or something like that, sadly.